The Vampire Prince returns to...

By Mama_Kas

Sequel to The Vampire Prince goes to High School. It's been a few months since Rin and Alexander have dealt... More

The Vampire Equal Education Law
Into Pairs
Unspoken
Soul Searching
Catch
Understanding
Evaluation
Last Minute
Let's Talk
Gossip
Aftermath
Making Friends
Opportunities
Making Plans
Flying Solo
On a Date
Paying it Back
Rival?
Snacking
Handling It
Lawyers and Detention
Taking Care of Business
Warning
Cook-Out
A Small World
Blind Sided
Playing Dress Up
Dodging Questions
The Ball
Royalty
Royal Announcement
Numb
#TeamRin
Truth Searching
Confrontation
Hopeful
Heir
Backroom Dealing
The Talk
Relationship Advice
Seeking
Clarity
Fighting Love
Discussion
Leaked
The Spotlight
The Interview
A Quiet Moment
Exposed
T is for Traitor
Overkill
Collaboration
The Agreement
To the Future
Signing of a Treaty
Aftermath
Always
Epilogue

The Life of a Royal

3.9K 313 68
By Mama_Kas

"If you need anything, let me know."

The maid curtsied before leaving and closing the door behind her. It was only after she left that I allowed myself to openly gawk at the massive room. It was bigger than four classrooms put together with a massive Kings size bed, a couple of fancy-looking drawers, a vanity set with a huge mirror, and not to mention the comfy-looking bench at the end of the bed.

At a closer look, there was no way this could Alexander's room.  He wouldn't use a vanity set, would he? There were a couple of doors to no doubt leading to large, walk-in closets, and a bathroom. Just across the bed there were four full-size windows with a balcony and overlooking a garden. Across from the door were a couple of love seats around a wooden coffee table in the center. 

I'm dreaming.

I pinched myself. Yeah, I wasn't dreaming.

"Okay, Rin," I said aloud. "Get it together. Text your parents and let them know where you are then, freak out about all of this."

My backpack had been left on the bed. I sat beside it and called my mom first and then my dad. Neither of them answered so I left them a voice mail and sent them each a text message. Had Alexander's guards got a hold of them? Or had that curtsy only been extended to me? There was no way someone would go after them, right? They were my parents. They weren't involved in this. 

I sighed and fell back on the bed.

Who was I kidding? Of course, they were involved. They were my parents. But I had to trust Alexander. He said they were safe. 

There was a small knock on the door. I quickly sat up as it opened. A maid walked in. She curtsied.

"My name is Diane," she said. "I'll be attending to you. If there's anything you need, don't hesitate to ask."

Diane looked young and maybe a handful of years older than I. She had dark hair and brown eyes.

"Oh." I rubbed the back of my neck. "Um, thanks but you don't have to."

Diane shook her head. "His Highness was very adamant about making you feel at home."

Biting my lip, I stood. "I don't want to be a bother -"

"That could never be possible Miss," Diane quickly said. "You are a guest here. I assure you, your stay here will be comfortable."

"O-okay. Thank you."

"His Highness is out at the moment but will return soon. In the meantime, I'll bring you some refreshments."

Diane curtsied and left. I stared after her with a gaping mouth. This was . . . surreal. I didn't know how to feel about this. If anything, it did make me feel like a burden. I shouldn't be here. Alexander and I weren't dating. Did being the girl he liked permit me to stay in his house under protection? It didn't feel right.

Almost ten minutes later, Diane returned with refreshments, as she called it. She carried a jug of what looked like lemonade and a small cookie display on a tray. Diane placed the jug and cookie display on the coffee table. She even poured me a glass of lemonade and set a small plate out for me.

"If these aren't to your liking, we have pastries."

I swallowed thickly. 

"N-no," I stammered out. "They're fine."

Hesitantly, I approached the coffee table and sat on the largest love seat. Was this really okay? 

"I've asked for the other maids to bring you some attire for you to relax in."

Almost as if on cue, three other maids walked in, carrying folded clothes in their arms. They moved quickly, setting the clothes on the bed before departing. 

"I'll check on you again later," Diane said. "Please enjoy."

I gave her a small wave as she left. Groaning, I held my head in my hands. What the heck had I gotten myself into? Why was everyone being so nice to me? Okay. Sure, that was their job but it felt wrong somehow. 

Get it together, Rin,  I told myself. Go with the flow. Alexander did all of this for you and you're acting ungrateful. 

I straightened in my seat, clearing my throat. That's right. I couldn't give Alexander a bad name. Besides, I'd be here for just a few days, at most. I could do that for Alexander at least. I drank some of the lemonade and ate a handful of cookies. Let it never be said that I wasn't appreciating the snacks.

When I finally decided to check on the clothes, I found a couple of nightgowns and, thankfully, a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. It was a matching set with illustrations of kittens all over the top and bottom. This joke was getting old.

I did a quick scan of the door and windows. There was no one in sight and I quickly changed. The last thing I needed was having some ask if I needed help dressing. Just as I finished, my phone buzzed.

My mom was calling. I answered.

"Are you guys okay?" I blurted out.

"Rin, honey, we're fine. Dad and I were in a meeting. What's going on?"

I bit my lip. Part of me didn't want her to worry but I had also promised to tell them if anything happened. So I did. I told her about Alexander picking me up from school and taking me to his house.

"Were you attacked?" Mom asked.

"No," I assured her. "He didn't want to take any chances. But what about you and Dad?"

"We're a bit in the same boat," she said. "We've both got bodyguards. They wanted to take us somewhere safe but Dad and I had to finish our work."

"I'm sorry," I told her. "It's my-"

"Honey, it's not," Mom interrupted. "Look, Dad and I are fine. Once we're done here, we'll meet up with you, okay?"

I nodded. "Okay. See you soon."

"Bye, honey. Be safe."

"I will. I love you."

"I love you too."

Mom ended the call. At least they were safe for now. And yet, why hadn't I been able to be that assertive? Oh, right. Alexander had come for me personally. And if I was honest with myself, I had wanted to get out of there.

"Rin, can I come in?" Alexander suddenly asked.

"Y-yes," I blurted out.

He walked in and closed the door behind him. He was soon at my side, pulling me down on the bed. I fell against him ungracefully. Chuckling, Alexander held me close.

"I- I can't breathe," I gasped.

"Oh, sorry."

His embrace loosened. I pushed away from him and took a deep breath.

"Sorry," he repeated. "I got too excited."

Feeling embarrassed, I laid back down beside him. Alexander pulled me a bit closer.

"You didn't knock. You always knock."

"It feels weird to knock in my own house," he told me. "I figured asking for permission wouldn't be weird."

I propped myself up on one elbow. "I appreciate it." I looked around the room. "This isn't your room, though."

He smirked. "Disappointed?"

Heat warmed my face. "Um, a little?"

Alexander grinned. "The Head Maid didn't think it was proper for a lady to stay in my room," he admitted. "She's the reason you have your room."

"Makes sense."

"Don't worry though. She said nothing about me spending my time in your room."

Trying not to smile, I shook my head. "I don't think she's going to be too happy about that."

Alexander pushed me down on the bed. His lips brushed my ear. "She won't know," he whispered.

Smiling slightly, I held Alexander's head in both hands. A sudden sadness washed over me. I wanted to stay like this forever. And yet, I know it couldn't happen.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"I'm worried," I whispered.

Alexander kissed my forehead. "No one is going to hurt you," he promised. "You are safe here."

I forced a smile. "You're right."

I'll be selfish for a little bit longer, I told myself. After that, well, I'll deal with it when it's time. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84 24 21
{Completed} "I want a relationship where people know of us. But know nothing about us." Kaden Brookson is a King of one of the various kingdoms in Ro...
3.4M 149K 82
Twenty years ago, vampires emerged from the shadows and took their place among humans. With their King and the government working together, a fragile...
527 35 34
"A fantastical cross between the Beauty and the Beast and ACOTAR." A prince, a witch, and a wolf are tied together by the sins of their parents. Can...
65.8K 4K 87
After surviving an assassination attempt, Alexander and Rin are adjusting to every day life. Not only is graduation around the corner, Alexander has...