The Boy Without A Name

By ImperfectPsychotic04

"Give me a reason then." The boy demanded, eyes fuelled by a rage that was not unknown to him. "What?" Emmett... More

Author's Note
Epigraph
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Epilogue

Chapter Eight

14 6 14
By ImperfectPsychotic04

"You cannot be serious, grey eyes." The stranger exclaimed, shaking his head just to ridicule Emmett's theory.

"It is the truth, do you think it to be otherwise?" Emmett questioned, eyeing his determined stance.

"I do not know for sure but I think that it could be, from what you have just told me. Yet, I believe it to be nonsensical, after all, not everything can be controlled by some destiny." The stranger smiled as he toyed with the strings of his guitar.

"I absolutely agree, but I think it to be a rather misleading legend. Fables are fabricated in such a way that it would seem for destiny to have an upper hand, to be the sorcerer magically turning up things to a notch because this is how we are led to function."

"I don't understand."

"We need to have a faith, a belief on something ethereal and otherworldly to coexist with others. It is as simple as eating an apple, there is not a right or a wrong way to eat, is there? But we still feel this indecipherable need to follow along some footprints left on the sands of time simply because that is just how we have been raised, I apologise if it doesn't make any sense, I am not that good with interactions."

"No, no, it's quite understandable, mate. But co-existence surely surpasses destiny, does it not? Why would you think it to be something uncommon and otherworldly if it is, in fact, a humanly feeling? It's all very confusing, eh?"

"Yes, that's interestingly another fact that thwarts the reputation of many, who would rather believe in something unnatural, just to fit in well with the masses but keep this in mind that people cannot always fathom the reality as it is, they need to concoct it into a sweet elixir that befits their expectations, deprives them of their dejections, and relieves them of their overpowering sensations. It is a goal, you see, they need to strengthen their alliance with their faith, that everything is but the gameplay set in motion by some eternal power and destiny, in a way, is what completes this notion."

"Glorious! You have some charming thoughts, lad, I am quite impressed." The stranger praised him.

"It is nothing, surely you can do better than me." Emmett commented, whilst staring ahead.

"And what makes you think that I could?" He asked, interested in knowing his answer.

"Well...I don't know, it seems that you can do much better than me, to be honest." Emmett admitted quietly.

"For someone as mature and wise as you, grey eyes, you certainly are doubtful and oblivious to the talents you seem to possess. I have quite noticed the way you look down upon yourself as if you are nothing but a measly insect to be trodden upon whenever and howsoever preferred. It is not an attractive trait, I assure you." He observed, his scrutinising gaze fiercely penetrating through Emmett as if determined to prove to him his iniquity.

"I cannot possibly provide an answer to that." Emmett mumbled out.

"And why not?"

"Because...there really is no place for me in this world."

"So? It shouldn't matter."

"You..you don't understand. I am an outcast, a gipsy gist of a dreary story, an inconspicuous being tenuous, a bloody clutter in a trashcan, it's difficult being different and I hate it, I absolutely loathe it." Emmett was in hysterics by the end of his speech.

"You know what your problem is, grey eyes? You over assume too much. Perfectionism is something that you ought to bring in yourself but you seem to forget your capacity, whilst pushing yourself farther. There is only so much that is left in us of the universe that we can push through, the rest cannot possibly be handled let alone by a boy of your stupor."

"I always thought the world to be rather limitless."

"There is a limit to everything, mate and unfortunately for you and I, it is an everlasting source of our strength. These limits only push us forward, and until we achieve the direction to our goals, it will only ever pose as a hindrance, and someday, we are going to make peace with them when our ambitions reach the zenith of our dreams, and then we wouldn't really mind this endearing limit, would we?"

"Because we would've already pushed and pulled countless of times, to be minded by them."

"Aye, you're gettin' it."

"Thank you, your words, they have somehow, made me feel better." Emmett confessed, overwhelmed with his appreciative words.

"You're welcome, gipsy!" The stranger grinned at him as he had abruptly, stood up.

"Is everything all right?" Emmett couldn't help but ask as he observed his behaviour.

"Yes, I should get going, the rain has stopped its incessant pouring but I oddly feel comfortable in these tattered clothes, and I don't even know why."

"I can understand, it was..nice meeting you." Emmett added, as he slowly, stood up and faced him.

"It was, wasn't it?" He implored.

"Yes, this talk that we had, it made me see some sense that I thought I'd never come to terms with and for that, I'd like to again, extend my gratitude towards you."

"You don't have to thank me again and again, mate. It was nothing, I am glad to be of some use."

Emmett gave him a nod implicitly, as he perceptibly, evaluated his actions. There was an intricately induced anguish that eclipsed elusively his mind's reasoning pertaining to the stranger. His heart's heath was flamed to fervency, an urgency resounded profoundly in the semblance of his sentience, but he wasn't so sure of these deluded feelings. Yet Emmett found himself stoically stationed to his place whilst the stranger had decidedly, moved on and away from him.

Palpitating beats of his quivering heart had made him quite disabled to function appropriately. He couldn't let him leave, he persuaded himself. What if they were to never stumble into each other's paths, ever again? What if they were to lose their lives tomorrow? Emmett couldn't possibly let this happen to himself, this renewed sense of hope had somewhat helped him in restoring his previously set beliefs, especially in himself and he just couldn't give up on whatever they seemed to share, could he?

"No, no, no, no..." Emmett furiously shook his head, fiercely repulsed by the aforementioned notion.

Tenaciously, Emmett hastened his pace as he followed after the stranger, frantically in search of his tousled, untamed raven hair, as he strained his senses so as to expel the fuzzy bleakness caused by the torrential rain showers, just to unambiguously, approach the boy who had made him feel differently with a clarion like voice, propelling him to the scenic days, surmounting to the solemn tides of Avalon, like a halcyon, he had charmed the winds and waves of his universe into the calm and had brought forth the days of harmony in the place of discord.

"St-op, please. Stop!" He waveringly bellowed.

"Yes?" The stranger had abruptly turned around on his request, already sensing the urgent plea from his voice.

"I...I just...I don't! Bloody hell!" Emmett exclaimed frustratedly before impulsively, taking a hesitant step forward into his direction.

"What is wrong, mate? Do you want me to stay or is there something else you'd like to say? Because this rain is making it a bit hard for me to see your face." He rambled off, squinting to see clearly.

"I...I just don't want you to..."

"Don't want me to what, grey eyes? Tell me-"

But before he could complete his sentence, he was suddenly cut off by Emmett who had firmly planted his lips to smother him with an affection that he hadn't quite thought to possess until now. With widened eyes and an agape mouth, the stranger was immaculately stunned to silence as he was pecked by the grey-eyed boy.

"I don't want you to leave."

                                                ↯↯↯↯↯↯↯↯↯↯↯↯↯

Author's Note- Bet, you didn't see that coming , did you? Well, yes, I know I take quite an amount of time in posting these chapters,  but I assure you, I have a pretty good reason for that. Well, August is about to end, and it is pretty surprising, especially considering how fast it seemed to have went by, right? This is going to be a double update again, so do keep a lookout for that and stay safe, take extra care of yourselves, yeah? I will see you soon and do not forget to vote and comment, it really means a lot to me. :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26K 1.5K 36
#1 in LGBT 9/23/21, #1 in Horror 9/23/21, #2 in BxB 9/23/21, #1 in ZombieApocalypse 9/23/21 Killian's eyes flickered up to Jasper. In the afternoon...
271K 13.7K 83
Emmet and Clay did not meet on the best of terms, but that doesn't stop them from becoming fast friends. As their bond grows stronger, they will do w...
329K 13.6K 51
"that's rich coming from a pretty boy" I narrow my eyes. "I'm not a pretty boy." He smirks standing from the desk and reaching forward twirling a p...
55.6K 2.4K 44
*SEQUEL TO ONE HOT SUMMER* ROMANCE **The sudden action of Jasper getting to standing, caused the bench to make a painful scraping sound against the f...