The Gate of E.N.D.

By AbbyLe_

When a tragic accident strikes Fairy Tail, Lucy finds herself with a new key. But this key is more powerful a... More

Chapter 1: The Job
Chapter 2: Fighting the Monster
Chapter 3: Taking Natsu Back Home
Chapter 4: Lucy and Gray
Chapter 5: The Details
Chapter 6: The Funeral
Chapter 7: E.N.D.
Chapter 8: An Explanation
Chapter 9: A Plan
Chapter 10: The Mistake
Chapter 11: Setting Off
Chapter 12: Flying to Hargeon
Chapter 13: The Boat
Chapter 14: Caracole Island
Chapter 15: Infiltrating the Enemy
Chapter 16: The Alvarez Empire
Chapter 17: Carla and Happy
Chapter 18: The Prison
Chapter 19: Carla's Journey
Chapter 20: Hiding Out
Chapter 21: Meeting Jellal
Chapter 22: E.N.D.'s Rampage
Chapter 23: Zeref's Plan
Chapter 24: The Unwanted Date
Chapter 25: Captured Again
Chapter 27: Fairy Tail Prepares for War
Chapter 28: A Sense of Urgency
Chapter 29: Getting into the Palace
Chapter 30: Sorano's Help
Chapter 31: The Brandish Squad
Chapter 32: Arriving at Fairy Tail
Chapter 33: Gray v.s. Invel
Chapter 34: Lucy v.s. Dimaria
Chapter 35: Team Natsu v.s. Irene
Chapter 36: August
Chapter 37: The E.N.D.
Epilogue

Chapter 26: Back in the Empire

282 9 0
By AbbyLe_

-A Little While Later-

"Yay! We made it!" Happy smiled as he flew out of the magic mobile.

"That sucked." Wendy grumbled.

"At least we didn't run into anymore trouble." Lucy pointed out.

"True." 

"Where are we gonna go?" Gray asked. "We can't exactly pay for a room."

"We'll sleep in the car." Erza said matter-of-fact.

"All of us?!" He asked in astonishment.

"Is there a problem with that?" She asked curiously.

"There's not a lot of room." 

"Everyone gets a seat. Sorry, but there's no room to lay down." She shrugged.

"Finally, I've been waiting to visit." Natsu pouted as he popped up behind Lucy. She shrieked in surprise as she jumped away.

"Why didn't you earlier?" Gray asked.

His face turned green. "The thought of transportation."

Wendy smirked. "Such a baby."

"Says you shorty!" He ruffled her hair. She giggled. "So, what's happening? You guys only have a couple of days until the invasion."

"Thanks for reminding us..." Happy sighed.

"I guess we should find Jellal." Erza mused. "And then figure out where Brandish's squad will be."

"I can smell him." Wendy sniffed. "But he's far away."

"We'll find him tomorrow." Erza stated. "It's getting late and I'm starving."

"Me too!" Natsu and Happy said in unison.

"I guess I can get some food." Wendy offered. 

"We have no money." Lucy frowned.

"Yeah we do." Happy produced a stack of cash. "I took this from those guys who were attacking us earlier."

Natsu stiffened. "Attacks? Are you okay?" He examined Lucy worriedly.

"I'm fine, just tired." She smiled lightly. "Gray almost died, though."

"I bet you did something stupid, didn't you Frosty?"

Gray scowled. "No. A Mage snuck up behind me and threw daggers at me. They impaled me pretty bad and I almost bled out."

"It was scary." Wendy added. "I honestly thought he was gonna die for a moment."

"Well, good thing you're okay." Natsu said.

Gray smiled smugly. "You actually cared about me for once?"

"Ew, no." He scoffed. "But you're my friend and teammate, so I don't want you to get hurt."

"Best friends." Erza nodded.

"You guys need to hurry up and change me to human because I'm sick of being in the spirit world! Your spirits are so weird, Lucy." Natsu side-eyed her.

"I can't help it." She huffed.

He pinched her cheeks. "Sure."

She rubbed her face. "Ow!" She shoved him playfully.

He tickled her. "Are you trying to get on my bad side?"

"No." She laughed as she grabbed his hands. "Stop!"

He put his arms around her and gazed into her eyes. She smiled shyly and stared into his. They were about to kiss, when they realized the entire team staring at them.

"Get a room!" Happy gagged.

"Yeah, that was gross." Erza put her hands on her hips.

"Kiss when we aren't around." Gray rolled his eyes.

"I think it was cute!" Wendy smiled. The others rolled their eyes.

"Sorry." The couple mumbled. 

"It's almost night." Happy noticed.

"I'll go get some food." Wendy said. "There was a food stand about a block away."

"I'll go with you." Erza stated. "Gray and Lucy, watch the vehicle."

"What about me?!" Happy and Natsu yelled simultaneously.

"Just be quiet." She huffed as they left.

"Let's wait in the car." Gray suggested. "So we won't be noticed."

"We should probably move it to a more secluded spot when the others get back. We're kind of noticeable." Lucy pointed out.

They all climbed in. Lucy sat on Natsu's lap and Gray sat diagonally from them. Happy sat next to Natsu.

"I miss being with you." Natsu murmured as he ran his hands through Lucy's hair. "I like your haircut."

"Oh dang, I need Cancer to fix it. And me too. It's boring without you." She kissed him on the cheek.

Gray gagged. "Why do I have to watch this cringe?"

"Aye." Happy rolled his eyes.

"You're just jealous." Natsu smirked.

"No..." Gray looked out the window. His face turned red as he thought about Juvia.

"I'm sure Juvia will be so happy when we get back." Lucy said smilingly.

"If we get back..." He frowned.

"I hope Carla's okay!" Happy said sadly. "I miss her a lot."

"I'm sure she's fine. She's strong and brave." Lucy said reassuringly.

"Don't worry, buddy, you two will meet again." Natsu rubbed his head. Happy smiled.

"We're back." Erza announced as she opened the door. She glanced at Natsu and Lucy. "Can't you sit in your own seats?"

"It's not like there's enough room anyways." Lucy pointed out.

"Here." Wendy handed out the food. 

"Burgers?" Gray questioned.

"Sorry, it was the only thing we could find." She apologized.

"It's fine." They all are in silence.

When they finished, Erza drove to a more secluded place, so they could hide. "Is this good?"

"It's kinda dark, but yeah." Happy said as he curled up on the seat.

"Goodnight." Wendy said as she laid her head on the window.

"Goodnight." The others said as they all curled up to go to sleep.

"Lucy." Natsu whispered as he squeezed her hand. "I have to go back now." She didn't respond. He looked down at her to see her sleeping peacefully. He smiled to himself as he wrapped his arms around her and fell asleep.

A few minutes later, Natsu felt himself start to turn in E.N.D., but he was too tired to go back to the spirit world.

Gray woke up a bit later to the smell of smoke. He noticed it was still night, before seeing Natsu, who was on fire. "Natsu!"

"What's happening?" Erza asked delusionally as she punched the air. "Who are we fighting?"

"Natsu! Stop!" Gray shouted. "You're gonna set us all on fire! Turn back!"

"Sky Dragon's Roar!" Wendy attempted to put out the flames, but it didn't work.

"Guys, we gotta go!" Happy yelled as he started violently coughing.

Erza opened the door and they all poured out of the vehicle. "Wait, where's Lucy?"

Gray looked at her fearfully. "With Natsu." 

"Lucy!" Wendy shouted. She heard her coughing before running back in. She tried to pull her out, but the flames were too hot. "Erza! He's gonna blow it up!"

"But Lucy-" Erza started before Gray and Happy grabbed the girls and ran as fast as they could from the vehicle.

A few seconds later, it blew up. "Lucy!" Happy cried.

"She's not dead." Gray said uncertainly. "Natsu wouldn't let her die."

They waited anxiously for the rubble to move. Wendy teared up. "I don't see anything."

"No, Lucy..." Happy cried.

"She can't be dead!" Gray shouted as he ran towards the debris.

Erza held him back. "Wait. The temperature is heating up rapidly. You'll be burned. I think Natsu is causing it. That means he's alive, so Lucy should be too."

"But-" Suddenly, the pile exploded. Everyone ducked as deadly and hot debris flew at them.

"What was that?!" Wendy shrieked.

"Natsu..." Gray said in shock.

Natsu was standing where the pile used to be, holding Lucy close to his chest. She was unconscious. 

"Natsu! What are you doing?" Erza demanded.

"Is Lucy okay?" Wendy asked worriedly. She approached Natsu, but he growled at her and lifted Lucy out of her reach. "Natsu, let me heal her. She might be hurt."

"Kill...Zeref..." He mumbled before stomping away.

"Come back!" Gray shouted.

"Should we fight him?" Happy asked Erza.

"We need to get Lucy back. She has to close his gate." Erza stated. "Attack Natsu, everyone."

Gray and Wendy froze. "What?"

"He can't be allowed out as E.N.D. He's too deadly."

"Fine." Gray said as he ran after Natsu. 

Wendy followed closely behind. "Hey Natsu! I know where Zeref is."

Natsu's head snapped around as he stopped. "Where?"

"Give Lucy back and I'll tell you."

"Nice!" Happy whispered.

Natsu growled. "No!" He clutched her limp body tightly in the air.

Lucy's eyes slowly opened. "G-Guys?" She lifted her head and was surprised to see Natsu. "Natsu?"

He smiled demonically. "Lucy." 

"Um, what's going on?" She struggled to face her teammates. "Guys? What happened?"

"I don't know. I woke up and he was like this." Gray frowned as he stood in a fighting stance.

"Put on some clothes!" Erza hissed at him.

"Natsu, let go." Lucy ordered.

"No!" He yelled.

"Damn! I can't reach my keys!" She cursed as she tried to move her pinned arms. "Gray, grab them!"

"Wendy, distract him." Gray said as he moved to get the keys. The second Natsu wasn't paying attention, Gray grabbed Lucy's keys. He handed them to her.

"Close, Gate of E.N.D.!" Lucy commanded.

Natsu howled and grabbed her hand in a painful grip. "NO! Must kill Zeref!"

"Ow!" Lucy cried as her hand was crushed. Blood flowed freely as the key stabbed into her skin. Wendy watched in horror as flames erupted around them, setting trees on fire.

"Requip!" Erza yelled as she stabbed him in the side with her spear.

"Whoa..." Gray, Wendy, and Happy looked at her sudden action in shock.

Natsu hissed as he threw Erza several feet back. 

Happy grabbed her. "You okay?"

"Yeah, thanks."

"Natsu! Please stop!" Happy's eyes filled with sadness. "You're hurting your friends!"

Natsu's eyes briefly flickered. Lucy used that opportunity to squirm out of his grasp. She fell onto the ground. "Yeah, stop Natsu!"

"We're your friends! Your teammates!" Erza shouted.

"You're a Fairy Tail wizard!" Wendy yelled. "Not a demon! Don't hurt your friends!"

"You're my best friend!" Gray admitted. 

"And my boyfriend!" Lucy added. 

Natsu turned back to normal slowly, his eyes were regretful. "I'm sorry..." He disappeared as Lucy closed his gate.

"Well, that was surprisingly easy." Gray commented. "And cringey."

"Yeah, I wasn't expecting that." Erza said. "There must've been something wrong with him because there's no way us talking would turn him normal."

"Look at all the damage." Happy pointed out. The fire was rapidly spreading.

"We have to get out of here soon." She frowned.

"Wendy, can you heal my hand, please?" Lucy asked politely.

"Of course." Wendy froze when she saw the bloody, misshapen hand. "Oh my..."

"Sorry." She smiled apologetically.

"Thanks to Natsu we have to find a new place to hide." Gray said dryly.

"He didn't mean to." Happy frowned.

"I know, but still."

"I can easily get another magic mobile." Erza stated. "In fact, I'll go look." She requipped into a disguise and took off.

"Uh, bye?" Wendy waved uncertainly at Erza's departing figure.

"I hope she hurries." Happy sighed. "I'm still so tired."

"Me too." Lucy yawned.

"I'm anxious." Wendy said. "About the next few days."

"We'll figure it out." Gray shrugged. "And if it all fails, we always have Plan T."

"Plan T?" She questioned.

"Take 'em by storm!" Happy snickered.

"Natsu's favorite plan." Gray rolled his eyes.

"Of course." Lucy giggled and sighed. "I hope we can turn him back human. I don't like only seeing him for a few minutes."

"I hope Carla comes back in time." Wendy said longingly.

"I hope we don't die." Gray mumbled.

"Don't forget about Carla's premonition, guys. We have to change it." Happy said grimly.

"You're right. We can't allow the guild to die." Lucy said quietly. They all sat in silence as the grim reality took over their minds.

Gray shouted in surprise as a vehicle zoomed towards them. "LOOK OUT!"

"Erza! Stop!" Wendy cried as she dove out of the way.

Mere seconds from hitting her friends, Erza managed to stop the vehicle. "Sorry about that. I'm still getting used to the controls."

"You scared me to death!" Lucy panted as her adrenaline shot through the roof.

"On the bright side, this car is way bigger! There's 3 whole rows!" Erza smiled proudly.

Gray patted her on the back. "Good job."

"Can we sleep now?" Happy whined. "I'm so tired."

"Fine." Erza rolled her eyes as she took one row. Wendy and Gray took the others, and Lucy slept in the way back. She looked at the stars as she curled up in a tight ball. It was cold and she was feeling sad. She wanted Natsu to be with her. That just reminded her of their mission, which worried her greatly. She had a difficult time falling asleep as grim scenes played out in her mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 197 30
~ When a sudden night takes you to a different world of Fairy Tail.. ~~ Amusing right? It's your story to be a part of them.... "I will save you... N...
1.7K 35 20
Fairy tail assassins happy place but filled with death the queen of assassin Lucy heartfilia she prefers to work alone but sometimes she has no choice
12.5K 155 11
Lemons. Nalu Gruvia Gale Jerza and more. Watch how they all end up together in a bunch or short stories. Love is in the air. I do not own fairy tail...
5.9K 138 26
Lucy was fine and happy, she and Fairy tail had just finished getting rid of Meer Gard but then some news breaks Lucy down. Will Natsu and her friend...