The Hunters Of The Sun

By _Triple_Homicide_

It all started with the werewolves. After Annabeth reveals her true identity as a werewolf, and is killed in... More

PART I
Ch 1: The Mistake Was Mine...For Trusting You.
Ch 2: Aftermath
Ch 3: I Have A Silver Knife, And I'm Not Afraid To Use It
Ch 4: Framed And Exiled
Ch 5: The Hunters Of The Sun
Ch 6: Egyptian Magicians
Ch 7: Never Underestimate A Sweaty Croc
Ch 8: Leaving Brooklyn
Ch 9: Magnus Is A Bitch-Ass
Ch 10: Ded
Ch 11: Guess what, we died :)
Ch 12: Norse gods suck
Ch 13: Uh...hey mom...I died
Ch 14: The Creator
Ch 15: Team Feminist
Ch 16: The Twins Of Kronos
Ch 17: Memories
Ch 18: First Fight
Ch 19: Awkward
Ch 20: Accidental Meeting
Ch 21: A Talk In The Forest
Ch 22: Faded
Ch 23: Artemis Is Scary
Ch 24: The Lake
Ch 25: Barter Trade
Ch 26: Trap
Ch 27: Kill The Hunters
Ch 28: No...
Ch 29: I'll Be There
Ch 30: In The Skies
Ch 31: A Hunting Expedition
Ch 32: Oh gods...she saw him in his...
Ch 33: One Kiss
Ch 34: Misunderstandings
Ch 36: Girl Fight
Ch 37: Hurting
Ch 38: Sorry
Ch 39: The Spy
Ch 40: Three Simple Words
Ch 41: The Heir Of Time
Ch 42: Kick Their Ass
Ch 43: Forever
PART II
Ch 44: After
Ch 45: Awful Matchmakers
Ch 46: Taken
Ch 47: The Hunt Begins
Ch 48: 21 Days To The Equinox
Ch 49: 20 Days To The Equinox
Ch 50: 19 Days To The Equinox
Ch 51: 18 Days To The Equinox
Ch 52: 17 Days To The Equinox
Ch 53: 16 Days To The Equinox
Ch 54: 15 Days To The Equinox
Ch 55: 14 Days To The Equinox
Ch 56: 13 Days To The Equinox
Ch 57: 9 Days To The Equinox
Ch 58: 6 Days To The Equinox
Ch 59: 1 Day To The Equinox
Ch 60: The Equinox
PART III
Ch 61: One Year Later

Ch 35: A Mission

713 20 1
By _Triple_Homicide_

Sorry for the crappy chapter. My mind is groggy, and I'm not fully concentrating. But still, hope you like it.

Patroclus died.

Hector died.

No sign of Shade and Skylar.

Jason, Percy, and Frank met in Percy's tent-apartment Hybrid.

'Do you think they led us on a wild goose chase?" Frank asked.

Jason snorted, 'They don't seem smart enough to be able to do that."

"But still, they might have left this timeline," Frank argued. "Its been like, three days."

"What do you think, Percy?" Jason queried.

When Percy didn't answer, he sighed, "You alright? You've been...kinda down lately."

"It's nothing," Percy sighed. "I think they'll attack tomorrow. That's when Achilles dies."

"Yeah, that might be true. We've thwarted all their attempts in one day. They'll try to kill Paris and Achilles."

"Or maybe they'll kill Paris instead of Achilles," Jason said.

"I can't pretend to understand their plans," Percy said. "But we can prevent them. If they keep on messing up the timelines, The future will collapse. The world will obliterate itself."

'We'll need to stop them tomorrow," Frank said. 'Inform the hunters and Reyna."

"We can't...' Percy sighed again. 'Artemis and I...aren't on good terms. Reyna's also avoiding me."

"Wow...tough luck," Jason said. 'Cant Thalia help?"

"Thalia can't do anything without Artemis' permission. We'll have to do it ourselves," Percy said. "The remaining of the seven. Tomorrow night, we strike."

-

They were waiting behind Achilles tent. It was night, and the greek camp was asleep. Achilles paced up and down in his tent.

As midnight approached, the greek warrior walked out of his tent, slipping on a black cloak over his armor, and attaching a knife to his belt.

Piper signaled to them with a flick of her hand, and they began to tail the hero as he slipped out of the camp. Achilles walked across the plain, and they followed at a short distance, making sure not to be seen. Finally, the hero approached the gate. A dark cloaked figure glided out of the shadow of the gate, and beckoned to Achilles to follow. There were no guards in sight, as they were probably still mourning prince hector. Achilles followed the figure through a side door. A flash of gold and silver on the ramparts announced the arrival of the twins of Kronos. Percy and the others from the 2nd prophecy extended their wings, and Percy led them up the great wall of Troy.

At the ramparts, there was no sign of Shade and Skylar. Achilles was silently following the trail of the figure in the shadows, towards the temple of Apollo.

"Get to the temple, now," Percy's voice rang out. "Make sure you're not seen."

In the temple, candles were burning around the golden altar, and the place was filled with a sweet scent of incense and oil. The lighting was dim.

"Hide," The voice hissed.

"But don't you think Artemis and Perseus will be here?"

"Obviously not," The first voice said. "They cannot function as a team anymore, as due to me, the two leaders are avoiding each other. It was thanks to me that Reyna caught them." The voice was softer...feminine. Skylar.

"I still don't like it," This was obviously Shade.

Percy was confused. What had happened between Artemis and Reyna. What was happening?

He risked a glance to the middle of the temple. From the shadows of the column he was hiding behind, he could see faint shadows of two people, directly behind the temple entrance.

And then they head footsteps. The two figures walked into the temple. Shade and Skylar's voice faded into the background. "Come, let us pray to Apollo together."

The second figure threw off her hood, revealing Polyxena, the princess of Troy, sister of Paris.

Achilles nodded, and knelt in front of Apollo's Altar, leaving his heel bare.

When Percy hard the hiss of a bowstring being released, he was ready. A normal wooden arrow with an iron point was sailing towards Achilles heel. This was supposed to happen. A silver arrow appeared in the sky, going to intercept the other arrow. In a flash, Percy reacted, releasing his own arrow. Just as Shade's arrow got within range of Paris', Percy's arrow smashed the silver one into shards of wood. Paris' arrow pierced Achilles' heel.

"They're here!" Percy heard the growl. He saw two figures step out of the shadow. Skylar snapped her fingers, and Polyxena, Achilles, and the hidden former Paris were coated in gold, frozen in time.

"Show yourselves!" Shade's voice resonated through the temple.

"Uh, no," Percy answered back, arming himself again. "Hunters, arrows nocked."

Shade and Skylar erupted into high pitched laughter. Their scythes materialized in their hands.

"You said you wanted to kill us?" Skylar cocked her head to the side, and Shade continued, "You're welcome to try!"

"NOW!" Percy shouted. And then six different colored arrows raced towards the Twins Of Kronos.

-

The scythes slashed through the air, cutting the arrows out of their path. Percy charged forward, unsheathing his knives, followed by the others.

Leo, Piper and Jason took Skylar. Percy, Hazel, and Frank had handled Shade. Piper attacked Skylar first, using her knife to make a small cut on Skylar's hand. Leo's hammers had moved into action, slamming the scythe out of the girl's grip. Jason grabbed her shoulder, sending lightning coursing through her. Skylar snarled in pain. She kicked out, catching Leo in the chest, and sending him sprawling into Jason. She stabbed Piper in the shoulder, causing her to cry out in pain. Leo tried to move, but then found that he was frozen in time. Piper was moving in slow motion. Skylar was going so fast, adorning them with cuts.

"We're in the temple of our patron. We are strongest here," Percy's voice resonated through Leo's head.

"Whoa, I didn't know we could talk telepathically," Leo said.

"Well, now you do," Percy answered.

"Utilize the god's gifts," Percy continued. "Specifically, Hermes and Apollo. Kill the twins of Kronos." He sounded angry.

"Jeez, take a chill pill, Perce." Leo said.

"He doesn't do drugs, Leo," Hazel interrupted their conversation. Leo could see her giving him a disapproving look as she helped Percy and Frank whoop Shade's ass.

Percy cracked a smile, "Just, try it."

What Percy said, was in fact, true. Leo and Jason broke free of their restraints, and then they tapped into Hermes blessings.

They became faster than the twins of Kronos, and that was a great advantage.

-

A while later, they had surrounded the totally beaten twins of Kronos, and were waiting for Percy's order.

"We take them with us to Camp," Percy said. 'The others will also want to kill them."

"We can take turns!' Hazel said deadpan. "You kill them, I'll resurrect them, and someone else kills them, and the process continues."

The others broke out laughing.

"Foolish Mortals!" Skylar bellowed. "We will escape from here!"

"Uh, I don't think so," Percy said. 'Last I checked, you were tied securely to each other, with no chance of-"

Suddenly a silver arrow sailed through the air, and the twins of Kronos stretched their tied hands out, and the arrow snapped their bonds.

Shade leaped forward, planting a knife in Percy's chest. He fell on the ground.

"It's the mole. He's come to help them!" Frank shouted.

"The mole is a hunter. Silver arrow!" Jason sounded panicked. A silver hunting knife protruded out of his chest, and he gave a yell of pain, before collapsing in a heap.

Skylar snapped the remaining ropes, grabbing Hazel, and throwing her into a pillar. Shade kicked Leo in the head, making him slump down. A silver arrow sprouted in Frank's gut. Piper got a punch in the face.

They were all unconscious with pain or barely able to see anything.

"Leave now!" The girl's voice shouted. "They'll be up any second."

"Thank you," Shade sounded grateful. Percy heard the pattering of feet, before the darkness lose in, and everything went black.

I apologize again. Sorry for the crappy chapter. Vote, comment, and Be awesome!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 118 14
Sapphire had seen a lot a couple summers ago and she was about to see a lot more. About two summers ago she saw Percy Jackson, from her school along...
118K 2K 33
(A/N: I do not own any of the pictures or characters used in this fanfic.) You all know Perseus Jackson, the great hero son of Poseidon. We know his...
27.1K 523 21
Percy Jackson is not a good person. At least, not anymore. Percy has been through a lot. Annabeth is dead and his few remaining friends are scatter...
2.3K 134 11
Apricity: (noun) The warmth of the sun in winter *✧・゚: *✧・゚: In the midst of wars, prophecies, and destinies, a group of children fight to survive on...