Good Day | Dick Grayson

Od yjhariani

It's a good day. Supposedly. Because Dick Grayson's daughter wanted me to be her new mother. Oh, shit, what? Více

1. Have a Good Day
2. Not So Good of a Day
3. Unexpected Good Day
4. Have a Good Evening, Dick
5. Have a Good Figure
6. Really Good News
7. He's a Good Guy
8. Good Job
9. I Got Stabbed Good
10. Good Intention
11. Goodnight
12. Losing a Good Man
13. Supposedly a Good Day
15. Good Uncle
16. Good Luck with That
17. Good, but, Wrong
18. Dear Goodness
19. Goodnight Sleep
20. Good Timing
21. Not a Good Night
22. Way More Than Good
23. A Good Time
24. Questionably Good Vacation
25. Not Good
26. Good F-ing Job
27. Good News
28. A Good Life
Epilogue

14. Could Feel So Good

6.5K 248 59
Od yjhariani

"Hi, sweetie," I greeted as soon as I picked up the call.

"It's Dick," the person on the other line said, rather nervously.

"Oh," I hummed. "Is... everything alright?"

"Yeah, I just feel like we should talk," Dick said, more like asking.

A few week had passed after the beach. Rachel and I were fine, but, Dick and I were not. We couldn't stand being in the same room without being awkward. Nightwing didn't even visit.

And tonight? This call happened?

"Okay," I said. "Do you want to come over or should we just do it over the phone?"

"I was about to ask you the same thing," Dick said.

"Well, it's up to you, then. You make the call," I said.

"Okay. Well, um... God, how should I bring this up? Uh, you know, now that things escalated, I feel like it's just right if I take you out, uh... on a date. You know, it doesn't mean that we have to, you know, date or anything, but... maybe we should try and see where things go?" Dick rambled.

My heart felt as if it skipped a beat.

"Okay," was all coming out of my lips.

"Yeah," Dick confirmed. "So, what do you think?"

"Yeah," I copied. "Let's... try that."

"Cool," Dick responded, his voice broke into a high pitched tone halfway on saying that single word, then, clearing his throat before continuing, "I guess I'll see you tomorrow? I'll pick you up from work?"

"Sure," I said.

"Great," Dick said.

"See you tomorrow," I stated.

"See you tomorrow," Dick repeated.

"Goodnight, Dick," I said, couldn't get used to how wrong that sounded. "Richard."

"Goodnight, Roma. Romama," Dick replied.

"Gaga oo la-la?" I asked.

"Want your bad romance?" Dick asked back.

"Let's not expect that this is bad," I suggested.

"Oh, yeah, rightrightright," Dick agreed.

"Right," I copied.

"Right."

"Uh, huh."

"Yup."

Silent.

"One of us should hang up, you know," I brought up.

"Yeah," Dick agreed. "You do it, then."

"Okay," I said. "Goodnight, Richie."

"Goodnight, love," Dick replied just as I hung up.

I ran back into my room, grabbed the closest pillow, and pressed it to my face so I could scream at it.

The next day, I came to work late. I had no idea why I even bothered to pay attention to how I looked in the morning because, by the end of the day, I would be covered in all the things imaginable. Then, I spent some more time picking up some clothes that I should bring to change.

Work turned out chaotic today. Mrs. Johnson picked a fight with one of the gentlemen because she said that he looked like her 'disgusting ex-husband' as she said it. Mrs. Lin was still talking to the wall if she didn't talk to any other seniors, as usual.

When I finally finished my shift, I went to get my stuff, passing Marrie's office as I did only to find her chatting with Dick. I would sneak away, but, Dick had already seen me.

Now, five minutes later, I got myself sitting on his passenger seat, on our way somewhere.

"So, how's your day?" Dick opened.

"It's mediocre so far," I responded. "How's yours?"

"So far, it's ordinary," Dick answered. "I do hope your day is getting better."

"We'll see," I smiled.

"Okay. So, since we're both just got back from work, I think it's fair that we go somewhere... not as cool?" Dick proceeded.

"Oh, thank God for thinking so," I sighed in relieved.

"Yeah?" Dick briefly turned to me with a huge grin.

"Yeah," I confirmed. "You can take me to a farm and we'd be cleaning up stalls and I won't mind."

"That's a good idea, though," Dick commented. "But, I'm not taking you to a such shitty place for now."

"This date is something that will determine if we should go stable, you know," I said.

"I'm not horsing around," Dick promised. "Besides, I thought you're saddled with me already? You know, with the Rachel situation."

"Hay," I warned, but, I got cut off by my own laugh and Dick's.

We didn't stop laughing for a good few seconds.

"At least we don't start this date with long faces," Dick said once our laughter died down.

That got me laughing again.

"Oh, my God, are you okay? Or do I need to bring you to an ex-horse-ist instead?" Dick questioned.

I forced myself to stop laughing saying, "Neigh." Then, I laughed again.

Dick parked in the Wayne tower parking lot. Then, he led our way to the subway station located just by the front of the building.

I didn't know what his intention was, but, the train was kind of full of people going out on a Friday night that no one really noticed us. Well, no one really noticed Dick to be exact.

On the middle of the route, the car we were in got kind of packed that Dick and I ended up in a corner. Since I was facing sideways, my shoulder got pressed against his chest and I tried so hard not to think about it much. That happened for the three minute ride to the next station.

Dick, on the other hand, didn't seem to mind it. In fact, he had one arm around my shoulders, his hand held my other shoulder as if I could get dragged away by the current that was Gotham citizens being wild on a Friday night.

Three quarters down the route, the train turned empty. At least the car we were in. We were finally be able to sit down.

Sitting next to me, Dick stretched an arm across the sills behind me. I had myself sitting kind of angled towards him.

"So, who do you leave Rachel with?" I asked.

"She's in the manor, so, technically she's with everybody," Dick answered. "At least until Bruce, Jason, Tim, and Damian go out for patrol."

I didn't say anything as a response, but, I must've made a face because Dick tilted his head as he looked at me.

"What is it?" Dick asked.

"She knows about this?" I asked, gesturing him and I.

"Of course. Actually, she doesn't stop telling me to ask you out. So, I did," Dick explained. "Not that I won't ask you out if she doesn't force it on me. Though, I must say that if she didn't, I might still not have asked you to go out with me."

"Why not?" I asked again.

"Because I'm way beyond grateful of your relationship with Rachel that I don't want to take that away from her," Dick answered seriously.

I smiled.

Soon, we arrived to the end of the subway's route. We got out of there and walked a little before arriving to this very cute looking diner.

The diner had a retro theme. About more than half of the tables here were filled. However, Dick brought us to sit on an end of the bar. I picked the further seat so Dick didn't have to show off his face to most of the people coming into this place.

It felt so nice. Probably because I hadn't been going on dates for a long while. Besides, I always went on much more simpler dates and it ended so briefly.

I liked to think that Dick brought me here through the subway because he wanted to spend more time with me. Well, the car took longer, but, we could only be so close to each other and there was no thrill. Talking wasn't as enjoyable. Also, it proved that romantic things didn't have to be expensive sometimes.

The highlight of the night so far was the steak that this diner served. That complimented Dick's humour, at some point. He had different sense of humour with Rachel around and without. Without Rachel around he had more childish humour.

We walked out of the diner about a couple hours after and went straight back to the Wayne tower. The train this time was less crowded. We even got to sit the whole time. Some people noticed Dick, though, but, he just acknowledged them as necessary, being the humble man.

"My cheeks hurt," I said as we walked down the platform towards the Wayne tower after I finally stopped laughing.

Dick stopped us and turned me to face him. He put his hands on both sides of my face and rubbed his thumbs on my cheeks in circular motions.

"I'm responsible for that," Dick said.

"It's a good thing," I said.

"Meh," Dick hummed. "Better?"

"Much, much better," I nodded, putting my hands on his, which were still on my face. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," Dick replied.

We didn't move for a while. Then, we let out awkward chuckles filled the air around us.

Dick's eyes were really beautiful. Wow.

"You know, this is one of those cliché situations," Dick said.

"Oh, I know what's coming. Though, will it come? I don't know," I shrugged.

We had our eyes on each other's eyes for a second. Then, I leaned my face up to get my lips greeted by Dick's sooner than expected. It was just a peck, followed by faint gurgles of laughter.

Dick and I continued walking. A few steps further, I got myself hit by the realization that we literally just kissed in public. And it was our first kiss. It felt like Dick just realized that, too, because I noticed him getting stiff for a second.

Oh, Lord, could I do it again? Should I redo it?

On the next second, Dick had his arm around my shoulders and I let myself walking closer by him.

Dick opened the car door for me once we arrived to his car. When he got to the driver seat, he turned to me.

"Let me get that seatbelt for you," Dick said as he leaned over to get the seatbelt head. Very slowly, might I add.

I didn't know what I was thinking, but, I felt this position made us seemed closer than before. Especially with Dick keeping eye contact with me while he was doing so.

My heart could go faster as if it wasn't going fast enough.

Romania, redo it, I encouraged myself.

Will he be okay with it, though? another part of me questioned.

"Thanks," I said after I heard the seatbelt clicked.

"You're... welcome," Dick said, looking down to my lips.

With so, I leaned forward. Dick's lips welcomed mine as if he expected it. Well, he might have.

A hand, Dick's, came up to my neck as we kissed. Another followed to a side of my face. Both tilting my head a little for a more comfortable position. My hands found their way to Dick's forearm and shoulder.

I didn't know lips could feel so good. I didn't know a kiss could feel so right.

When we parted, Dick and I exchanged another eye contact. All I saw was an agreement that we could do some more.

"You don't mind checking on Rachel for a bit, do you?" Dick asked.

"Of course not," I answered.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

6.9K 222 40
"Families are like branches on a tree, we grow in different directions yet our roots remain as one"
1M 19.3K 104
Cover by GlebTheZombie on deviantart. I DONT OWN ANY CHARACTERS OR DC. Batfam/brothers xreader requests welcome. KEY- Y/n - your name Y/ln - last...
7.7K 72 17
this is actually a story I started on my Percy meets the famdom and I wanted to continue it to make it longer.
73.6K 1.5K 10
Tales of a baby Damian Wayne and his interactions with his father and brothers. Please comment!