The Nameless Avenger (MCU oc...

By Iamjusthere2vibe

Rose Knox, a seemingly emotionless girl who many kept their distance from. Her presence alone was enough to p... More

Chapter 1- Rose Knox
Chapter 2- S.H.I.E.L.D
Chapter 3- Who Are You
Chapter 4- Answers
Chapter 5- Escape
Chapter 6- Return
Chapter 7- Leaving
Chapter 8- Training Camp
Chapter 9- New School
Chapter 10- A "Normal" Life
Chapter 11- A New Plan
Chapter 12- Putting My Senses To Good Use
Chapter 13- A Break
Chapter 14- New Allies
Chapter 15- Vision
Chapter 16- Ultron [Part 1]
Chapter 17- Ultron [Part 2]
Chapter 18- Aftermath
Chapter 19- The Nameless Avenger
Chapter 20- Keep Me Hidden
Chapter 21- The Sokovia Accords
Chapter 22- The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 23- Division
Chapter 24- The Team Grows
Chapter 25- Civil War
Chapter 26- Welcome "Home"
Chapter 27- Promise Me You'll Escape
Chapter 28- Same Power, New Skill
Chapter 29- Recovering Takes Too Long
Chapter 30- Dead and Alive
Chapter 31- See You Around
Chapter 32- Wakanda
Chapter 33- New Name; New Life
Chapter 34- Rosetta Coleman
Chapter 35- Shadow and Spider-Man
Chapter 36- I Knew It, You're Spiderman
Chapter 37- First Party Ever, and I Hate It
Chapter 38- Join the Club, It'll Be Fun
Chapter 39- Dead? Not Yet
Chapter 40- Washington DC
Chapter 41- Glowing Feet
Chapter 42- The Dance
Chapter 43- A Walk At Night
Chapter 44- An Interesting Dream
Chapter 46- Taken From the Blue Planet
Chapter 47- It's A Small Universe After All
Chapter 48- Oh Great, Another Threat to the Universe
Chapter 49- And Unto Dust Shalt Thou Return
Chapter 50- A Story in Video Form
Chapter 51- Back From the Dead
Chapter 52- Moving On
Chapter 53- Back Home
Chapter 54- Breakdown
Chapter 55- Come Back Stronger
Chapter 56-Returning to Work
Chapter 57- Time To Make A Name For Yourself
Chapter 58- Getting Ready For A Trip
Chapter 59- A New Threat
Chapter 60- Liar
DISCONTINUING

Chapter 45- Masks Off

8.6K 365 135
By Iamjusthere2vibe

Rose was at a stand still. She dressed up as Shadow, came to talk to Peter, and yet he figured out she was the Nameless Avenger. One of his webs was stuck to her arm, she knew he was much stronger than her.
"You want to talk? Fine, let's fucking talk," she spat.
"What happened? How are you alive?" Peter started.
"First answer, kidnapped. Second answer, a lot of goddamn luck and some nice people," she replied.
Rose didn't even bother turning around to look at Peter, her back to him.
"Face me, face me!" Peter yelled.
"No, now let me go," Rose calmly said.
Rose knew Peter had every right to be mad, as she let people feel responsible for her death. That's a fair reason to be upset, at least in Rose's books.

The tension in the air grew, it felt almost suffocating.
"Why didn't you tell anybody? Why let your friends grieve your death when it wasn't even real?" Peter questioned.
"It's complicated," Rose replied.
"How?! Mr. Stark beat himself up for it! He felt responsible! The others felt the same!"
Rose turned around, she was really trying not to yell.
"What would you have liked me to do? Show myself and get immediately arrested again? In case you forgot, I'm a criminal now," Rose reminded him.
"You didn't tell them so you wouldn't have to go to prison?! Is that how selfish you are?!"
"There's more to it than that."
"Then tell me!"
Rose shook her head. She could have explained every detail about how if Hydra got control of her thousands could die, she could have explained how she would probably kill herself before she let that happen, but she remained silent.
"You don't even care about them do you?"

Rose was tired, annoyed, and now pissed. She cared about them, that was the entire reason she stayed "dead." If she went back, it wouldn't end well for anyone. Here was Spider-Man however, accusing her of being a selfish person who cannot think about others. Accusing her of not even caring about the people who gave her a reason to continue living.
"I had no choice!" She yelled.
"Of course you did!" Peter retorted.
"If I went back I would slit my wrists to bleed out and DIE!"
A silence settled down, leaving the two with their thought.

"That doesn't make sense," Peter finally said.
"You're right, it doesn't to you. But maybe, just maybe, I don't have to explain shit to you," Rose replied walking closer to him.
"Well start explaining, or I'll tell Mr. Stark you're alive."
Rose snickered at his attempt at blackmail, "Do it then, call him right now. Tell dear old Mr. Stark I'm right here. Guess what Spidey, you'll seem like a liar if you do. I can disappear and go anywhere at anytime."
Peter thought for a second, then let go of the web.

"I'm sorry, I just overreacted a little," Peter said.
Rose didn't reply, she had nothing more to say. It was incredible how quickly the mood changed. Minutes ago "Shadow" was talking to Peter like a close friend, and now she was a complete stranger. There was so much hidden under that mask, so many identities. He wanted to learn all of it, but that would never happen at this rate.

"I'm leaving, we're done here," Rose said starting to walk away again.
"Stop," Peter demanded.
Rose knew where this was heading, "Touch me and I'll break your wrist."
She took another step, Peter gave another warning. After a few more, a web was shot and hit her leg.
"We've already proven who is better at fighting, and I am not against reminding you."
Peter shook his head, "I don't want to fight."
"Then you shouldn't have shot the web."
"Why did you bother spending your time with me?"
Rose's answer was quicker than he thought it would be, "I wanted to meet my replacement."

"I'm not just your replacement," Peter replied.
Rose audibly chuckled, "One teen dies, another one the same age comes along immediately. Stark feels bad for killing a kid, so he finds a new one to make up for it. You're just a replacement for me, and I wanted to see what you were like. I'll admit, you're far better of a hero than I'll ever be. You want to help people, I wanted something to fill my free time."
"Mr. Stark wouldn't do that," Peter proclaimed, his voice wavering.
"Stark isn't this nice guy you think he is, just accept it. Haven't you seen him? He's more selfish than me," Rose retorted.
"Then why was he so determined to put the accords in place?"
"He knew he needed supervision. He needed someone to make sure he didn't mess up too bad because he isn't mature enough to think before he acts."

Peter didn't hate the Nameless Avenger at that moment. From his perspective, she never got to see Mr. Stark's good side. She probably only saw the bad, but he was a good man. He almost felt pity for her.
"Come back, he'll prove you wrong," Peter suggested.
"Not a chance, I'm leaving now. I figured you would find out who I was eventually, and now I must depart," Rose stated taking a step.
Peter tugged on the web, keeping Rose in place.
"Pull it again... I dare you."
Peter wasn't sure if he wanted to, Rose's words held such a threatening tone. How did she become an Avenger? He never talked to her, but now all the stories about her risking her life to save the world seemed impossible.

Rose took another step, and Peter pulled the web.

——————————

Peter had many regrets in his life, but in that moment if you asked what his biggest one was his answer would have been pulling the web. Once he did, Rose spun around and ran at him. Even with his Spider-Sense, she was incredibly quick. Currently they were on opposite sides of the rooftop. Peter was sure he had a black eye and split lip, and yet Rose wasn't even touched.
"I want to talk, not fight!" Peter yelled at Rose.
"I want to leave, but we don't always get what we want!" Rose replied.
"What's your current name? Or am I not allowed to ask anymore questions?"
Rose smirked, "Tell me yours first."
Peter went to open his mouth, but was cut off.
"I've changed my mind, Peter."

"H-how do you know my name?" Peter questioned.
"You gave it away not me," she answered.
"It's only fair if I know yours then."
"Ask Stark, he'll give you the name I 'died' with."
"But what do you use now?"
"Come take off my mask and find out."
"I don't want to fight."
"Then let me leave."
Peter was starting to figure out there wasn't much he could do. If he kept asking questions, the NA would simply run. If he tried to fight, he would lose. Surely he had to get the mask off, but that was easier said than done.

"Where are you going to go?" Peter questioned trying to buy himself some time.
"Anywhere I want," the NA replied, it was clear she was putting herself in a position that allowed her to escape.
"Listen I think we got off on the wrong foot, why don't we try again?" Peter offered.
"Not my fault during our first encounter I kicked your ass in Germany."
"You say that like you won."
"I beat you didn't I? You couldn't even keep me inside of an airport."
"Well..."
She laughed, "Listen I don't hate you at the moment, you're just starting to annoy me. Here's my ultimatum, and I will not make another offer. We fight, no powers no weapons. If I win we pretend this never happened, and if you win I'll stroll right into the Avenger's compound."

Peter heavily weighed the option, before removing his web shooters and throwing them to the ground.
"No powers no weapons, got it," he said.
The NA pulled her knife out of the sheath on her leg and added it to the pile of web shooters.
"First to yield loses," she declared.
Peter nodded and got into a fighting stance. The NA placed her hands in her pockets nonchalantly, somehow the relaxed stance was even more menacing. The fight started when Peter made the first move.

——————————

Rose dodged the incoming kick by jumping backward. She rolled to the side to avoid the next hit, continuing to dodge to avoid attacks. She knew Peter was determined to win, and he was definitely a force to be reckoned with. She attempted to sweep his legs, but the other male jumped over her own legs with ease. The two Avengers had a collective realization that this fight would take longer than expected.

Rose's fist managed to collide with Peter's side, stunning him for only a split second. She used that to wrap his arm behind his back and kick the back of his knees. Peter fell to the ground and was pinned down quickly, making the fight appear to be over. He managed to use his free arm to reach behind him and grab's Rose's face, pulling her head down to the side. While she escaped the grip almost immediately, Peter shifted her weight off him just enough to break free and get back up. He looked in his hand, there was a black cloth mask in his palm.

——————————

Silence fell upon the rooftop, and Peter's eyes looked the NA up and down. Their eyes made eye contact, and it seemed to take her a minute to realize her mask was off.
"R-Rose?" Peter asked is shock, barely able to get the name out.
Sure she had blue eyes, but the rest of her facial features were easily recognizable. Rose didn't even reply, only using the shock factor to her advantage. She ran at Peter and jumped up, her knees colliding with his chest. He was knocked onto his back, pinned to the ground. Suddenly he lost the will to fight, and instead looked up at Rose.

Peter's friend's face was illuminated by the moon, her eyes holding a burning passion to win. She grabbed his collar with her left hand and held her right up in a fist. Peter reached a free hand to his mask and pulled it off before resting his head on the concrete rooftop.
"I-I yield," he whispered.
Rose slowly lowered her fist, but didn't get off him. Her breaths were slow and heavy, calming down after the fight.

Rose snatched the mask from Peter's hand, "Sorry Parker, and I mean that one. If it makes you feel any better, I didn't know you were Spider-Man when we first met."
She climbed off him and walked over to where their weapons lay. She picked up her knife and tossed Peter's his web shooters. He caught them and attached them to his wrists again, still keeping an eye on Rose.
"I had my suspicions," Peter told her.
"Fair, I could have hidden it better," she let out a small laugh, "I'm getting a bit rusty."
"Are you going to leave Midtown as well?"
"Hmm... probably."
With that, Rose jumped off the ledge of the building disappearing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.4K 960 16
Peter is having the time of his life. The nightmares were slowing down, he didn't mind having a metal arm as much anymore, although it did bring back...
382K 9.6K 29
After escaping HYDRA you earn a name for yourself as a vigilante on the streets of New York, as you struggle to hide your ice powers from your frien...
1.2K 46 16
[DISCONTINUED] Disclaimer:I'm not the owner of the cover,or most of the characters. I do have some made up characters and they will most likely have...
0 0 8
I took a deep breath, and exhaled; this is the place I love being, but not when I'm being chased. I hid behind a piece of exposed pavement, and waite...