Last Hope Of Humankind (Highs...

By SYBALA

An Oc named , Levi Hibaru, was training to be 'the hitman', found out that his brother was caught by three su... More

Oc Description
Chapter-1: Introduction
Chapter-2: Purpose Of Life
Chapter-3: A Human?
Chapter-4: Assassination
Chapter-5: War
Chapter 6:- Making A Move
Chapter 7:- Levi VS Koneko
Chapter 8:- Recovery
Chapter 9:- War Awaits
Chapter 10:- Who Is Your Brother?
Chapter 11:- Painful Memory
Chapter 12:- Preparation
Chapter 13:- Great Mistake
Chapter 14:- Impossible Attempt
Chapter 15:- Preparation For The Next Battle
Chapter 16:- Releiving The Past
Chapter 17:- Meeting
Chapter 18:- Unexpected Rival
Chapter 19:- Shocking Outcome
Chapter 20:- Final Shot
Chapter 21:- Hostages
Chapter 22: Rescue
Chapter 23:- Wrong Wishes
Chapter 24: Kidnapped
Chapter 25: There's No Such Thing As God
Chapter 26: Hitman
Chapter 28: Wounded
Chapter 29: Acceptance
Chapter 30: Everything Went Wrong
Chapter 31: Aftermath
Chapter 32: Discussion
Chapter 33: Resurrection
Chapter 34: Destroying Home

Chapter 27: Apprehended

1.1K 26 16
By SYBALA

.
.
.
.

___________________________________

PRESENT:

3rd pov:

"What do you want?" Levi asked.

"Oh how soft have you gone, Levi? Back then, you used to kill anyone who come between your way and not give them a mercy. Funny how the times had changed, I wonder why that is. Is it the girls that changed you or is it your brother?" Muzan said while still showing his grin.

"Answer me! What the hell do you possibly want from me?" Levi said once again.

"Well, I've been forced by my superior to capture you, but who know? Maybe I only took up this job because of reward or maybe even break your legacy?" Muzan chuckled.

"You should stop before it get too far. You won't succeed." Levi said with bland expression.

"Hohoho, you think you can beat me? Well hate to break the news for you lad, your past self would be the only one to hold against me." Muzan smirked.

Levi fixed his composure and sprinted at him. Muzan stayed in his position and simply grinned at him. Levi attempted a kick straight to the face, but Muzan held out his elbow and protect his face. Levi grunted and switched to the other leg and did roundhouse kick to his other side. But surprisingly, Muzan dodged. Levi then jumped out of the way and looked Muzan's direction, but he couldn't see him. Just as he looked at the other way, he grunted loudly when he received a kick to the guts from Muzan. Levi flew back and fell against the tree. The blow he received from Muzan was too much for him as he vomited blood. He held his stomach and fell down. Levi then stood up and tried to attack but,

"How pathetic and weak you are, maybe I was wrong about you."

Muzan came over to Levi, who fell down and tried to get up. Muzan then kicked Levi from the side way, which made him rolled over.

"Here I thought someone like you would give me a challenge, a chance for me to taste defeat for the first time."

Muzan then sat down and held up Levi's hair, seeing the pain expression from him.

"What do I do to make you motivated, hmm? Maybe I should go after your brother and leave you with nothing but a memories? Or maybe I should go after that Highschool girls whom you must have feeling for?"

Muzan then started getting crazy and showed his violent expression. He then bashed Levi's face on the ground and did not stop.

"Tell me what is it that you so much desire for? What is it that will make you motivate to win no matter what? What will it take to bring the true Levi Vladi?!"

Muzan then screamed and tried to deliver the final blow, but Levi just managed to slip between it and rolled over to the side before kicing him to the face. Muzan flew over to the side and sighed deeply. Levi coughed as much as he could and stood up slowly, with blood dripping down his forehead.

"That wasn't nice, Levi. This suit cost more than it look."

Muzan stood up and stuffed off the dust. Levi gritted his teeth and ran at him. But Muzan simply give 'one-inch' punch style, which made Levi fell down or that what Muzan thought. Levi instantly came back and held his hand and threw his hand down.

Muzan staggered back due to constant pushing of Levi, who didn't give him a minute of rest. Feeling the end of the rope, Muzan held out his hand and put Levi in chokehold, surprising Levi in process. Levi was being choked and Muzan didn't hesitate this time.

"This is disappointing. I came all this way, just to find that the myth are not true."

Levi started to lose his consciousness and reached for his handgun.

"So long, soldier."

Levi took out the gun and pointed at his head and surprised Muzan, who had his mouth gasped.

*BANG*

Muzan's head went back but still didn't lose the strength of the choke hold. Levi groaned in pain and tried his best to lose the choke, once again it was hopeless.

"That's not very nice of you."

Muzan's head started healing and spilled out the bullet. Muzan then pulled Levi's left hand, much to his retaliation and screamed due to the pain. Muzan smirked and pulled it hard enough.

Blood spurred out all over the ground, with Levi screaming in agony and holding decapitated left arm. Muzan started laughing and threw away the metal arm.

"How pathetic. You weren't supposed to feel pain since it's metal and not your real arm. But I guess the nerve was also pulled out along with it. Either way, that should ought to teach you a lesson."

Muzan walked over to Levi, who looked to be in so much pain and held his leg up at him. Before he could attack him, his phone rang.

"Oh no no no, not again."

Muzan took out his phone and turned backward.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I was just about to bring him to Devils. Yeah, blah, blah, blah, Quit your chiming and let me do my work."

Muzan sighed and turned around. He looked back at Levi and sighed even more deeper.

"I guess I'll kill you next time."

Muzan took his body much to Levi's protest and took him to the place where he was called to. Levi groaned in pain but couldn't do much. Instead, he was forced to accept the circumstance and went along with it.

____________________________________

LOCATION:- THE OLD BUILDING BEHIND THE KUOH SCHOOL

TIME:- EARLY MORNING

3RD POV:

Lying in the corner of the room, Gasper sniffles and held his tears. He sat down with his head low and arms tied together. He was confused and irritated about what's going on. To be truthful, even he lost some bits of his memories after the war, after when he was first resurrected.

"I don't even know who truly I am. I'm pathetic and weak."

He then got flashback of his brother said,

"Gasper, no matter where I'd be or who I'd be, I just want you to know that I'll always be your brother and protect you no matter what. I will keep my mom promise. Even if i do anything wrong, I still come to help you in any situation. That what brother do, right?"

Gasper tear up in process and held his eyes. He couldn't stop himself to cry and start accepting whatever is it. He still don't understand whose side he's on and why do everyone go after Levi, his big brother. He somewhat think that he's the reason why Levi's on the huge hunt and targeted by all. Nevertheless he heard someone calling him and immediately put on his mask.

"Gasper."

"Y....yes Lady Rias?"

"I was so worried when I couldn't find you and here you are."

Rias said while coming in. She then looked at Gasper and saw a tears dropping down his mask. She gave a sad sigh and scoop down to his level. She then hugged him and gave him a hug.

"What's wrong, Gasper?"

"N-nothing......."

"Tell me, dear. I can tell when you are sad and when you are not. Also, I'm the president of this club and it's my duty to help you in any way I can. So tell me, what's wrong?"

Gasper looked straight to her eyes, with tears still falling down his eye. He sniffled and washed away his tears, before looking back at her and said.

"Tell me the truth Rias-chan, this time the real truth about Levi. W-why did he go rogue? It's not like him to do that........"

"Gasper, there are many things you don't know about him. But if I tell you something, you might also go rogue and we have to unfortunately hunt you too."

"P-please......I want to know. It's not of Levi to go against my mother's last wishes."

Rias backed out of the hug and stood up.

"Well, if it's the truth you want to know then here you go. Levi killed God on behalf of his idealogy, his selfish needs."

Gasper got shocked and held his mouth gasped.

"Many believed that he was behind the killings of Vladi Clan. He was also the reason The Great War has stopped. To tell you the truth, we are protecting you from being used by him."

Gasper tripped over, feeling the dizziness around the room and fell against the wall.

"The one person who you used to look up to, is no more the same person now. Right now, he's been killing our officials, even the strongest among us. He is too strong, too strong."

Gasper didn't say anything but held his head low. He then sat down and wondered about many things, such as transition from Levi's smiling face to horrified expression. Rias felt sorry as she didn't tell the whole truth, but felt that it was necessary and did say half truth.

"This is for your own goods, Gasper. I can't afford to lose you too. If I tell you the real reason why he is going rogue, you would too go after him. Family is family, but that man is a monster and I'll treat you more as a family than he did. This is better for everyone."

Rias closed her eyes and held her head. She then thought about the well beings if issei and worried for the worst. On the worse note, she knew about Levi coming tonight and that's why she is here. She then remembered what Kokabiel said and what Sona said.

"Oh my word, what happened to you Levi? From being the strongest human in the world to being a pathetic? Are you going to throw away those great potential? To rule the world?"

"I'm showing you where your flaws is. How many guards and devils had and have to die for keeping the secret? How many are you willing to sacrifice?"

Rias sweat in pressure as she knew the current state issei would be no match for Levi in his 'real' form. Interrupting their silence with the dropping sound of body and the grunt followed by it, Rias and Gasper looked at the other side. Rias swept her sweat away and decided to go out since she heard Issei talking and arguing of many people. Gasper didn't come out as he didn't feel comfortable and is introvert.

Just as Rias came out, she see Issei being held by Kiba and Koneko who was angry at both of the new figures. She see a man with plum red eyes and curled medium style pony tail hair and of course, a familiar face was also there.

"Let me give him a piece of my mind! This son of a bitch have Asia." Issei screamed.

Muzan turned around and saw Rias, who looked confused at him. The others also looked at Rias and this made Issei calmed down.

"Not a pleasant welcome i presumed." Muzan smirked.

"You did your job, so you can leave now." Rias said.

"Not without my payment, of course. I was the one who brought you this man when you couldn't even handle against him, even with your peerage. If anything, I deserve a praise." Muzan said.

"Do as she say or else, we might have a problem." Koneko said.

"Second that." Kiba said.

"Third that." Akeno said.

"Take that, you lunatic." Rias said.

Muzan came close to her, caressed her face cheek slowly and giggled.

"Ohohohoho~, How soft it is, but you still want to get your hand dirty. Hmph, what a waste."

Others got weird out with Muzan finally backing out and went over to Levi. He took out the handcuff and pulled Levi by his neck cuff. Levi gritted his teeth and have his only one hand handcuff to the pipe.

"I delivered him to you, so I think I should get payment. Right now."

Muzan gave an unsettling smile and creeper others out. But of course, someone has to say something.

"The hell do you think you are? You can't just go around and dictate out President as if she-"

In a moment of flash, Issei gasped as he felt a tip of a knife at his back. Everyone else also shared his same reactions and gasped.

"You know, when people say something with so much attitude, I just kill them with no regrets. But you, you interest me so much that I want to leave you alive for the best part. I want to see Levi showing you the true color, the true outcome of your battle against him. Killing you would just mean freeing you. This is not a prediction, it's a spoiler."

Issei immediately jumped foward, feeling the tension arising in the atmosphere. Muzan then laughed it off and smiled even more with his eyes closed.

"Come on, I was getting to the best part." Muzan grunted.

"OK, payment has been made. You can check in your account. Please leave now." Akeno said.

"Very well, off I go."

Muzan went over to the exit door, but not before seeing Levi one last time.

"If you do come out alive, I want you to come after me. If not, you might want to look after your close 'family'. Farwell, soldier."

Muzan smiled once again and left the building. Everyone stood still in their place, in term of what's happening. So many things has happened in one day and it made everyone still. But the long silence was interrupted by Levi groaning in pain, with blood slowly flowing out of his left decapitated arm. Everyone looked toward him and had an angry looks. Levi looked upto them and saw many familiar faces, even an anger expression.

Suddenly Rias went over to him and sat down to his level and stared intensely at him.

"Did you think you can beat us? Did you really think that you have a chance against me? What did I told you Levi, we have an army and you? What do you have that is so powerful than us?"

Levi said nothing but looked at the ground and closed his eyes.

"Look at me Levi." Rias said.

Levi didn't looked up, but instead just kept his head low.

"Look at me Levi!" Rias furiously said.

Having enough, she furiously commanded Koneko to pull his head up and she did. Levi gritted his teeth in anger as she pulled his head up.

"You can't outsmart us devils. No matter how hard you try, no matter how much you killed in wars, no matter how much you have to suffer, you still won't win against me. You know why?"

Rias went closer to him and said with anger expression.

"Because you have gone soft, Levi! The man we feared was the man who was allegedly called as the hero of war. But here I see, the same man within our grasp of us and a pathetic warrior who follow other orders blindly."

Levi stopped gritting his teeth and calmed himself down. He then looked at her with a blank expression. For some reason, this seem to irritate Rias.

"But we have one solution to your problem, Levi."

Rias put her hand on Levi's and on his cheek before she smiled. This seem to annoy Issei even more and making him impatient. Everyone understood that it's a part of business and didn't interfere.

"Just join us and maybe you can join your brother too. It's no shame to go from human to devils, in my world we call that improvise."

Levi suddenly closed his eye and laughed at the thought of this. Rias was confused and dropped down her smile. Everyone also shared her same reaction and thought that he would be happy to finally get rid of his mortal vessel. Levi finally stopped himself and said.

"In my world, we call that betrayal. Of course you would be familiar with that term Rias, even all of you."

Levi then looked at his surrounding and said,

"Let me tell you a bit of something." Levi said before continuing.

"When I'm going against a stronger opponent, maybe even stronger than me, i always do a little bit of research on them and how glad I am to not join this club."

"What do you mean?" Akeno asked.

"You people have been blindly given a fate to live, a lie one. How do you think you were recruited in the first place? Let start with you."

Levi looked at Akeno and said,

"Don't you think the timing was bit off when you were laying beside your mother's body?" Levi said.

"W-what d-do you m-mean?" Akeno questions.

"When someone lose their someone close to them, you would expect someone to even console them. But no, in Rias case, this was just a business. She came at the convenient time, befriended you and boom, a close bond has been made."

Rias sweats in truth and closed her eyes.

"And you, do you even know your sister Kuroka clearly or are you even her sister, that what i wanted to ask you." Levi said while looking at Koneko.

"Koneko, don't believe his lies!" Rias shouted at him.

Koneko stood still and loosen the grips of Levi's hair. She was shocked at the mentioning of her big sister.

"Sure Rias told you that Nekomata family are known for their outburst rage of power. But what else she told you? Oh let me guess, she killed her master because of her killer instincts? She couldn't control her power? What a bunch of bullshit."

Koneko went over to him and held him with his collar.

"What do you mean?"

"What I mean by this is that, you ignored your sister's true characters and believe her false imagination. She never did any of those things in whatever reason Rias has told you."

Koneko tear up in process and lose her grips before running out of the door, much to the calling her name by others.

"And you, don't you even think your President give a damn about you. I mean-" Levi looked at Kiba before being interrupted.

Levi was instantly choked by Issei, who put his elbow to his neck and showed his anger.

"The hell do you think you are? For all we know, you could be saying some bullcraps!" Issei screamed.

"O-oh is that right?" Levi said with struggle.

"Yes, I'm always damn right!" Issei replied back.

"Why don't you ask her then, huh?!"

Issei looked over to Rias and see her sweating down with a blank expression. Kiba didn't understand what going on and didn't want to believe the allegation against his master.

"He's not right, right Rias? Tell everyone that he's wrong. For fuck sake, tell me this is all lies." Issei screamed.

"Issei, she even knew about the date of your death. The last time you ever become human, like the rest of us. She planned all this, she planned to use you as a weapon."

Rias and Akeno gasped, as the truth of recruiting issei came out. They held her mouth with their eyes widened, and thought they covered all the tracks.

"N-no.....no...no...no....." Issei refused to believe it.

Levi was then punched in the guts by issei and spat out saliva. But issei didn't stop there and continued his beating over him.

Levi spat out blood again and again, with Issei not stopping one second. Issei refused to believe what Levi said and went into psychotic state.

"Issei stop!"

Kiba said to issei while holding his shoulder in an attempt to calm him down. But failed when Levi stop dup weakly and told one thing which upset him.

"I didn't had any regrets when I killed Asia. For as far as I knew, she was just a tool for you to use. Maybe she is thankful that I ended her slavery."

Everyone was having too much, but hearing the death of their friend? That was the breaking point. Issei snapped and ran after him, with the fist tightly aligned and set up the momentum. Rias suddenly realized that it was decoy and tried to stop him.

"NO ISSEI!"

Just as the fist connect to his cheek, Levi fell down along with the pipe. Levi immediately took out the lighter, with his handcuff on the part of the pipe and switch it on. The gas leaking from the open pipe reacted with fire from lighter caused a huge explosion.

*BOOOOM*

___________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39K 1.6K 19
this story is my au and this is where tekemichi who were known as 'the boy who sang like an angel' was stronger than everyone else in the planet ,he...
108K 2.1K 23
*Y/N STORY*You were just a baby when you were taken by the LOV. You were only seven when everyone knew you as Heaven's Devil, a killer, who had more...
3.7K 61 8
For multiple offences against the church and the will of the Heavenly Father, a sorcerer was excommunicated at age twelve. His sentence was decided a...