soulmate • h.rj

By lets_w1nw1n

"I'm sorry but I really don't want this right now" "I'm glad we're on the same page" Where two successful ido... More

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
Kprofile!
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34

12

3K 130 13
By lets_w1nw1n

"Glad to see you're feeling better Jaein." The choreographer comments, after Jaein successfully did their dance without any mistakes. Jaein smiles, appreciating the comment. Though she is still living on the soulmate pill (as Renjun has been in Japan for the past three weeks), it felt great to dance without feeling pain all the time, a feeling that she had almost forgotten. She had always loved dancing, even when she was in pain. She had grown up with it as her grandmother was a dance instructor and taught her to dance at a young age. She had always wanted to be a dancer, until her brother did too. Getting scouted changed his life for good, but it did the opposite to her. She remembers hating him for it. She loves her brother a lot, but because of his dream clashing with her own, his popularity, his looks, she had always been inferior.

"When are you going to find a boyfriend?" Her dad asks, as the sounds of chopsticks and chewing echoed around the room.

"I can't because of my job." She had answered the question many times, often saying that she never will, but this time she changed it up a bit.

"Hear that honey, it's not because she doesn't want to." Mr Jung nudges his wife who simply scoffs at him.

"That's because she's sick of you asking. Jaein, you don't need a boyfriend, just focus on you and make lots of money, don't waste your time on them." Her mum sends her a warm smile. Her mum was confident Jaein doesn't have a soulmate, mainly because her mother didn't have a mark either, and she never found her soulmate. Thinking it was genetics, her mum had told her not to go around taking advantage of not having a soulmate, something she should have listened to.

"Well as long as you're successful." Mr Jung smiles shortly."When is Jaehyun going to arrive?"

"He'll be in Seoul at eight tonight." Jaein answers, remembering what Renjun had told her, not surprised by the quick change of topic.

"Ah well he should be careful, coming out of the airport always looks like a hassle with all the fans and paparazzi."

"Our son is just too famous for his own good." Her mother laughs as her dad joins. Jaein laughs awkwardly, not sure what's funny. Again, feeling overshadowed. This time it's over nothing. Her parents are always proud of her brother, they care about everything he does but when it comes to her it's just "do whatever you want".

Jaein wipes her mouth with a napkin before clearing her throat. "My group is having a comeback soon."

"That's great honey, I hope they don't put you in something too short like last time." Jaein tries her best not to show her frustration. They would have simply told her that she's too old to be wanting their attention constantly. She never had it in the first place, she's always felt the need to do something they wouldn't expect. Maybe her soulmate might just be the answer.

-----

The cafe at sm town is close to empty. They had only allowed a small number of customers as there was filming going close by, Jaein was part of that small amount. She scoopes a piece of ice cream into her mouth as she waits for her brother to receive the food her mother wants to give him, as well as a small gift from their father. Jaein smiles as the sweet flavour of strawberry ice cream enters her mouth. She has been so happy ever since Renjun arrived yesterday, she isn't even sure why as the two are yet to meet, though she is very excited to. The two had called and texted each other while he was in Japan, learning more about each other than they had for the past year. Though she can't say the awkwardness is gone, she's glad that they are finally getting somewhere.

"Oh! Is that Jung Jaein?!" A high pitched voice asks, laced with fake excitement. Jaein pauses, a shiver rushing through her spine, not daring to look in the direction of the voice. The voice is too familiar, one that she tried hard to forget. She stares down at her ice cream, mounds of memories unfolding in her mind.

"Is it really you?!" The girl came closer, pulling a chair, joining Jaein at the table. Jaein forces herself to look up, to look at the girl. Kim Tami. "Omg it really is!" She spits through her thick lips,  lips that Jaein knew were not that large before. Jaein stares emotionlessly, not trying to show her weakness. She thought she had gotten over everything, but seeing the person she hates the most sit in front of her makes her want to puke. "It's been like, two years since I last saw you."

Don't waste your time on her, you're better than her now.

"What are you doing?" The words came out harsh, the way she intended them to sound.  Tami cocks her head, a smirk creeping onto her face.

"I just came to get a coffee, but I happen to see a good friend of mine so I came to ask how she's doing."

"I'm doing well actually, if you don't know." It was a subtle reference to her successful career, something Tami doesn't have. Jaein wants to act brave, as if she doesn't have any fears. But she  is scared, something Tami always makes her feel. She had the power to ruin her life, there's no doubt she could do it again.

Tami scoffs before she brings her face closer to Jaein's. "You really think you're something now huh. I guess your fans have no idea how weak you really are." She whispers, the words taunting Jaein as she feels her throat start to close up. "Do you think they would love someone who gives up so easily?" Jaein tries to fight back the tears, telling herself to be strong at least until Tami leaves.

" I guess you never got rid of that superiority complex of yours." She gets out.

"Yah." Tami stands up, her chair squeaking against the floor, making the room go quiet as Jaein's blood begins to rush."You-"

"Tami." A stern voice speaks from behind them, immediately getting their attention. Tami clicks her tongue in annoyance before turning back to Jaein.

"Even now you need him to protect you." She states before stalking off, sending Mark a glare.

Jaein places her face in her hands, letting herself breathe as a small tear smears into her palm.

"You shouldn't be here." Mark says in English. "Tami became a trainee here recently, and trust me I hate it too." Jaein doesn't want to hear it. "I know you don't want to see her and if I'm honest I don't want to see you so you should really stop coming." The comment makes her smile sadly. Jaein wipes her face  before releasing a sigh, not caring about the way she may look. She glances up at Mark whose eyes refuse to meet with hers. It is understandable, if she was Mark, she wouldn't even want to talk to her right now.

"Give this to Jae please, tell him I had to go to practice so I can't meet up with him." She slides the bag towards him.

Her phone begins to vibrate, a photo of moomin showing up on screen. Mark seems to notice as he grabs the bag and leaves without a word. She slides the answer button on the phone, making sure to clear her throat before bringing the phone up to her ear.

"Hello?" Trying to sound as if she hasn't been crying, though, that is probably why he called.

" Something feels off. Are you okay?" Renjun asks, making Jaein laugh slightly, his voice already making her feel better.

"I'm okay, I was a bit sad but it's alright now." She answers, not wanting to go into detail. "Anyways, didn't you have to film something right now?"

"Yeah it was just a live, we just ended it." He pauses. "I really want to see you."

"Well lucky for you I happen to be in the sm building." Jaein grins, she's been waiting for this moment for the past four weeks.

"Wait really?! Uhh okay meet me in vocal room 12a." He says before hanging up.

------

hey guys!! I'm really sorry for not updating in months... there's just been so much going on, writing slumps, art portfolios, weird family drama and my own romantic endeavors. Thank you guys for being patient with me, I know this chapter kinda sucked but trust me it gets better. I will begin to update more often (hopefully). Anyways thank you so much for reading my story, I really appreciate it! 💕✨🌱🍄

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.4K 2.8K 21
❝We'll be alright, i want to try again❞ In which two pairs of intertwined souls from the past are fated to meet again. ▂ COMPLETED ➱ TEENAGE x SOULM...
300K 10.8K 49
✴️ s o u l m a t e a u ✴️ ❝ I am catastrophically in love with you ❞ a lee donghyuck fanfiction © nanazclub 2020
79.5K 2.5K 71
❝ 𝙄𝙛 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙚, 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙠𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙢𝙚? ❞ SOULMATE & MAFIA AU ! BOOK 2 in the RIDIN' SERIES
219K 7.7K 74
"we worried so much for no reason." "we really did." a girl meets her soulmate in a grocery store. one glance to see who it is was all she needed t...