Our Paths

By MooneWriting

After years apart, Geralt and Jaskier finally reunite. But the wounds of their previous encounter still hold... More

Chapter 1: An Old Companion
Chapter 2: Rest for the Weary
Chapter 3: Finishing the Job
Chapter 4: Stay
Chapter 5: Snowy Trail
Chapter 6: Town Square
Chapter 7: Departure
Chapter 8: Final Stretch
Chapter 9: Announcement
Titles?
Title and Cover
Chapter 10: Family Affairs

Chapter 11: See You Again

923 47 7
By MooneWriting

"Well my dear, it seems I will depart your company once more," Jaskier fiddled at the edge of the bed. "My parents will depart after the ceremony, and I shall go with them for a time."

"Hmm."

"Have you thought about what I said? Like at all?"

"Yes."

"And?"

"You're, you're right," Geralt sighed.

"I am?"

"Yes, you are."

"That's not what I was expecting, surprisingly," Jaskier puffed. "You know you've become a lot more surprising. Am I truly to believe you're my Geralt, and not one of those, whatyamacallit? You know the shifty fellows?"

"I'm no doppler, Jask," Geralt huffed out a chuckle. "Get your dagger."

"Hmm, my what?"

"Do you still have it," Geralt suddenly paled. "I understand if you wouldn't keep it, but-"

"I have it, my dear," Jaskier giggled. "But why would you ask? It's a steel blade, at least that's what you told me."

"The hilt has silver, you can put it to my skin to prove if I am a beast or not."

"Like I'd even need to do that when I know you so well."

"You have to," Geralt persisted.

"I know you're not a doppler, Geralt. If I remember you said they're far too friendly to be willing to be stuck as you. Said so yourself once upon a time."

"Use it, Jaskier," Geralt growled.

"Will you stop, I won't use it on you."

"None of my silver would work?"

"It would because it's not attached to you at the moment, none of your belongings are attached to you and I can see them clear as day," Jaskier retorted proudly. "I'm not a simpleton, Geralt. Give me some credit."

"You learned."

"Yes, only from the best I assure you. Traveled with the baffoon for decades I tell you. The man is very hard to forget you see. Never said much but when it wasn't jibs or his two favorite words, it was quite educational."

"So you say?"

"Indeed I do, Master Witcher," Jaskier smiled, bouncing off the bed. "We only have a few hours together, how about another bath. Before we hit the road, if I'm quick, maybe we'll meet before the smell fades. How lovely an idea, come now not a moment to waste."

"Hmm."

Jaskier skipped off, barely sparing a glance as Lettenhoven servants packed and took away his belongings. Leaving Geralt's in the far corner, heeding his warning not to mess with his things. Erwin was quick to call for a bath, and left the pair to enjoy their time together.

"I'm definitely going to do your hair once we've dried," Jaskier stated. "Hurry up, dear I already have a style in mind!"

"You're not doing my hair Jask," Geralt followed after him.

"Oh I most definitely am," Jaskier tossed over a towel. "Now get to drying. I'll do your hair you brute. You never listen, don't scrub, pad it gently."

"I'm a grown man, and I can take care of myself," he grumbled about to plop onto the bed.

"Don't!" Jaskier scolded. "Sit here."

Sighing Geralt listened without complaint. Happy to sit between his bard's thighs and indulge in a scalp massage. Though the humming wasn't needed. Nice but not a necessity.

"See, it's not so bad to be cherished, is it?" Jaskier smirked, gently tugging his hair into a simple braided style. "If you truly didn't want me styling your hair you should visit a barber more often. However I don't know how I'd feel about you with short hair. Would you trim the beard as well?"

"You're musing," Geralt breathed out as Jaskier pulled at the silvery root.

"So I am," Jaskier kisses his temples as he finishes. "It would appear my things have all been packed. Walk with me?"

"Course," Geralt agrees, following his bard to their door.

"Your things?"

"Hmm," Geralt barely spared a glance at his belongings. Looking down he pulled at his boots, a hunting knife snug within.

"Always so prepared," Jaskier hummed, walking side by side Geralt. "You know, mother did mean it. She's always carrying around books, and knowing her she may have gotten a few more this morning."

Coughing, Erwin took their attention. "Lady Lettenhove, requests your immediate attendance."

"Yes, I'm sure she must be ecstatic. See Geralt, now you've gone and won her over," Jaskier mockingly chided. "Don't be too frightened when she lunges you, dear. She's a big hugger if you didn't know."

They continue in amicable silence through the estate. It's not long before they're standing at the entrance. A finely crafted carriage at the ready, servants buzzing about and the Lettenhove couple exchanging comments on this or that.

It's Huddson who notices them first, only briefly looking them over before pulled back in by his wife's question. He whispers in her ears and she beams as she turns to the pair, rushing to a satchel near the trunk.

"There you are!" Margaret smiled, eyes wrinkled with the intensity. "Now, Geralt you mustn't keep him all to yourself. I know how hard it can be to give up some quality time together, but I promise he won't be gone for long. He'll be back to you in no time, you'll see. And my dear, you have so little with you. I'll be sure to send you back with plenty."

"Mother there's no need for that," Jaskier said. "Plus I need room for a little shopping spree here and again."

"Oh, that sounds lovely," she cooed. "But Geralt, I've gotten those books and a few proper essays that I thought you could look at. Huddson, even gave a few recommendations. You'll have to find a couple on your own I'm afraid, they don't have shops like that in the market. I couldn't possibly be so insensitive as to ask the Lord. These however will be a splendid starting point."

"Thank you," Geralt looked into the satchel, surprised by its high quality. "You didn't have to-"

"Only the best," Huddson seemed to remind. "Even for a witcher."

"That's great, but I think we should be off," Jaskier tried to hurry the little grouping. "Well Erwin, until we meet again."

"I will be escorting you and your company home, Viscount," Erwin replied.

"Yes, Matidous was quite insistent we at least bring with us some guidance. Lots of new roads have been built, hopefully shorten the journey," she explained.

"I see," Jaskier sighed. "Well, my dear, this is the part we say our goodbyes. Don't go too sappy on me."

"I'm not sappy," Geralt mumbled.

"Sure, whatever you say."

"We'll leave you two," Huddson managed to guide Margaret away.

"This is it," Jaskier said. "You're not gonna come in for a bone-crushing hug?"

"Hmm," Geralt swiftly swept him off his feet and into his arms. "This good?"

"Perfect, actually."

"Good."

"I'll see you soon?" Jaskier prodded.

"Yes."

"Great, should I try going north this year?"

"Whatever you want bard."

"You hafta let go then," Jaskier joked, falling on his ass when Geralt released him. "Really? Now you wanna be a shite. My parents are literally right there watching us."

"Don't mind us dear!" his mother called.

"Yeah, don't mind them, Jask," Geralt smirked.

"If that's how you're going to be then fine," Jaskier huffed, corners of his lips twitching upward. "My how horrid, the love of my life just dropped me to be humiliated, how will I ever recover my dignity?"

"What dignity?"

"Hey!" Jaskier laughed.

"See you," Geralt again swept Jaskier into his arms and carried him to the open door and gently set him down.

"Oh you sap!"

"Hmm," Geralt quickly pecked his cheek and bolted.

Jaskier froze and placed his hand over said cheek, "That was unexpected. My, he really is just a sap, isn't he?"

"You are so adorable," his mother squealed.

"He shouldn't have dropped you," Huddson said, yet still smiled softly.

Not a second was spared as the carriage was driven off. Waving out, Jaskier's smile never falter not even as Geralt disappeared from sight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

645 67 8
At some point before the age of 25, you switch with your future self for a day so you can meet your soulmate. This is known as The Swap. Jaskier has...
50.3K 1.3K 26
A witcher comes across a slave in a barn next to the inn he is staying in when he is going to on a monster hunt. Jaskier is immediately in love with...
41.7K 1.1K 23
when hunting a monster in the darkness of the night an unlikely friend comes to his aid in the nick of time saving his life. A Stunning fluffy black...
184 8 17
After The MountainTM, Jaskier gets himself a nice new curse to wear, turning into a werewolf. He's not aware of much, but there is still something te...