The Arrangement

By blacktaner

Two strangers with absolutely nothing in common are forced to marry, their relationship will put the famous t... More

-PROLOGUE-
The unexpected offer
The Agreement
Thanksgiving

Broken Hearts

262 28 15
By blacktaner

One week earlier

Lisa's POV:

I squeezed my dad's hand. My heart in my throat. It hurts to see him like this. He lay unconscious on the hospital bed, with tubes attached to his arms and chest. Machines beeped beside him, and an oxygen mask covered his face.

Tears spilled down my cheeks, and I wiped them away for what felt like the thousandth time.

He was the strength in my life. The anchor that kept our family together. A pillar of strength and health...

Lucas, my oldest brother, appeared at the doorway. I walked up and hugged him.

"What did the doctor say?" I said impatiently.

He looked over my shoulder, glancing one last time at dad. "Let's step out into the hall".

Nodding I went over to dad and placed a kiss on his forehead before I followed lucas out of the room.

Under the beaming light of the hospital hallway, I let my gaze over to my brother. Looking at his messy and tangled hair, unshaven cheeks, and deep swollen circles under his eyes, I knew he had a rough day.

"Listen lali...."lucas begun nervously. He took my hand in his, like he had done when I was a child and scared of the dark." I need you to stay calm, okay? Stay strong. The news....it's pretty rough".

I nodded and took a deep breath to calm myself.

"Dad..."lucas started, then stopped, his gaze going to the ceiling. He cleared his throat as if it was hard to speak." He had a stroke".

Fresh tears could be seen on my eyes.

" We don't know how intense it has affected him yet,but they think the ALS had something to do with it," he continued.

"What can we do?"I asked, desperation creeping into my voice.

"We get some rest,"taehyung, my other brother, said from behind me. He walked up and gave me a hug." The doctors are still doing some tests".

Both of my brothers shared a look, and I could tell they were hiding something from me.
"What"I demanded."What is it?"

Lucas shook his head as a "nothing".

"You have an interview coming up, don't you?" he asked. "Go home and get some sleep. We'll call you once we know more, alright?"

I signed in defeat. I didn't want to leave, but I knew they were right. It was important that I got this job. We said our goodbyes and I walked out into the cold night air. I watched the lights of Seoul in the distance, a pit of dread in my stomach.

I feel helpless.

Wasn't there anything I could do?

Jungkook's POV:

Warning!?
The girl next to me squealed as I spun the steering wheel, sending the car into a hairpin turn around the corner. She laughed, high of speed and many bottles of champagne.

"Jungkook!" She bit her lip, her hand roaming on my thighs.
There were two things that were guaranteed to make a girl horny.
The roar of a fast car, and a fuckload of money.

I pressed the engine, sending my Lamborghini speeding down the scenic roads of China. The blonde beside me shivered with pleasure, stroking the bulge in my pants. She was a model, here in China for a fashion show.

We'd fucked a few times already.

I didn't even know her name.

I grinned as she unzipped my pants, sighing with pleasure as she took me in her mouth.

Speeding down the roads of beautiful China behind the wheel of a Lambo, my cock in the mouth of some supermodel.

No responsibilities to a multi-billion dollar company.
No annoying dead breathing down my neck.
No cheating fucking whores that went behind my back and—

I blazed through a red light, and the blare of a police siren screamed in the quiet night air. I pulled over, watching the flashing lights in my rear view mirror.

"For fucks sake," I muttered annoyingly.

The blonde began to look up, but I pushed her down in my cock.

"Did I say you could stop?"

The model continued her efforts, eager to please.
The cop got out of his car and began making his way over to my door.

Well, I thought, looking down at the head bobbing up and down in My lap. This'll make one hell of a story.

Sungwoo's POV:

I called my assistant into my office, sighing in frustration. This was the third time in under a month that jungkook was making headlines, and not because he was kissing babies' heads or volunteering at hospitals.

No.

My son has been arrested in Seoul. For reckless driving and public indecency.
I pinched the bridge of my nose.
There was a knock on the door.

"Come in," I called without looking up. In walked Chan, my 26 year-old assistant. "Did you see the news?"
Chan's mouth opened and closed a few times. He didn't need to say anything.I doubt there was a single soul in all of Korea that hadn't seen it. The headline was everywhere.

"Call the lawyers and get woon-ho from PR in my office. Please."
Chan nodded and scuttled out of my office.

I crossed the room to the glass window that filled the entire north-facing wall of my office, looking down at the streets of Seoul city, far below.
I would have to go overdrive to make sure my son's actions had no repercussions on the company, or him. I liked to say that I had two children: jungkook and the Knight Enterprises( the hotel).

Breaking away from my parents ventures in oil, I had built the world's premier hotel and hospitality conglomerate from the ground up. My two greatest joys in life where my son and my company.

And now they were both in danger.

Again.

I sighed, the face of my beautiful wife flashing in my mind.

Oh, ji-euna. I wish you were still here. You would know how to help jungkook.

My gaze over the streets drifted to Central Park. My beloved wife and I used to walk the park together, sitting and eating on the bench by the tree.

"Chan!" I shouted. I heard the slide of my office door. "Cancel my meetings.I'm going for a walk".

Lisa's POV:

I walked along the dappled parts of Central Park, trying to clear my mind. I was on my way back from Jennie's flower shop after closing up for the day. Long stems of the willows bent in the cool-end-of summer breeze. Swans floated along the glassy surface of a nearby pond. The chatter of children playing floated through the air, and
lovers embraced on the grass.

I grasped a bouquet of lilies in my hands, taking some comfort from their gentle scent. My heart still aches at the thought of my dad in the hospital, but I had to keep it together.

I noticed an older gentleman sitting alone on the bench, his eyes closed in prayer. I don't know what brought me towards him, but before I knew it I was standing next to him. He looked so sad.

So broken.

"Excuse me?"I asked.

He opened his eyes, blinking in surprise as he looked up at me.
"Can I help you?" He asked.
" I just wanted to ask if you were okay," i said." You seemed a little....down."

He shifted forward on the bench and pointed to a plaque engraved along the bed. "I'm just remembering someone important to me," he said, his voice thick.

I read the engraving.

For Ji-uen.
Beloved wife and loving mother.
16/10/1962-04/04/2011
My heart broke.
I handed him my bouquet of lilies, smiling.
"For Mrs.Ji-eun," I offered.

"Thank you". He reached forward to take the bouquet, his hands shaking." May I ask for your name?"

"Lalisa Manoban", I replied.

Sungwoo's POV:

I watched Lisa leave, a sense of peace chasing away the worry in my heart. I passed the bench, smiling up into the sky.

Thank you, my love. You've shown me the answer.

I reached into my jacket pocket, pulling out my phone.

"Chan, get me as much information on lalisa Manoban as you can," I examined the bouquet she had given me, noticing the name of the flower shop printed on the paper wrapping.

JEN'S FLOWERS.

I nodded to myself. A plan forming in my mind.

"And get my son back to Korea."

Nowwwww....what do y'all think?!
I almost died when I wrote jungkook parts, it's my first time and OMG I'm not ready for those stuff! Please don't forget to vote and THANK YOU GUYS! BTW DYNAMITE JUST MADE HISTORY, RECORDING FIRST PLACE ON BILLBOARD HOT 100!! CONGRATS KINGS!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

663K 35.2K 20
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
1.2M 112K 42
✫ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐆𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐚 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...
2.4M 141K 46
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
789K 40K 35
1ST BOOK OF BRIDE SERIES✨✨ Don't do this, leave my parents, don't ruin my life, I will die. She was begging infront of him joining her both hands. Th...