STORE GUY || Haikyu!! (Ukai K...

Da jerseynumbernine

You chance upon a handsome man behind the counter as you walk into a random store. You thought it was a one t... Altro

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 4

2.1K 84 43
Da jerseynumbernine

Your POV

You woke up feeling happy. So happy. You were still half asleep, so you had no idea why. Then, yesterday's events started coming back to you.

You sat up quickly with your eyes wide open to regain full consciousness. Did all that really happen?

Looking around the room, you see the other girls still asleep. Your mind goes back to Ukai-kun and how he held your waist and then your hand. Then you reminisce at how warm it was. A part of you wanted to feel that touch again.

He was just trying to shoo the creep away. Don't assume. You wanted to hope that it might be a little more than that, but you did not allow yourself to do so.

🐱🐱🐱

Ukai's POV

Today, the practice matches continue. Throughout the day, no matter what team we're against, I constantly find myself looking towards Nekoma's bench.

I try to focus on the game. But it's too difficult while being aware of the presence of a certain (eye color)-eyed girl.

We lost the match against Fukurodani, so the team had to take the penalty which were diving laps. I took this time to take a glance at the woman who was occupying my mind.

There she sat, her eyes following the ball her team is playing with against Shinzen High. The ball lands on the opponent's side of the court, and she looks down to write something on her clipboard. She's just so-

I hear sneakers squeaking in front of me. I look up to see 12 sweaty boys in front of me, done with their laps. I glanced for too long. *Imaginary face palm*

They turn their heads to follow my previous line of sight. In unison, they turn back to face me. Tanaka, Nishinoya and Hinata had big smirks on their faces. The others had different expressions, while some hade none, but they were all thinking the same thing.

An irk mark appears on my forehead, which I then massaged to calm myself down.

"Why are you all so happy after losing a game?" I look over Kiyoko's record and start coaching the boys; telling them what they need to improve on, what they're doing great already, and finally what they need to stop doing.

"Last thing, stop looking at me like that. Go warm up for your next game." I tell everyone.

Stop looking at her. Get a hold of yourself.

🐱🐱🐱

After the last match for the day, Nishinoya comes up to me. "Coach, can I borrow your phone to call my mom?" he asks.

"Okay." I held out my phone for him to receive.

"Thanks coach!". He stays rooted in front of me as he types in a number, copying from a piece of paper. After doing that, he returns the phone to me.

I thought he was gonna call his mom. I look at the contact information displayed on the screen, then back at Nishinoya. I give him a confused expression.

IS HE TRYING TO SET ME UP WITH HIS MOM?! Great, how do I deal with this without being rude?

"Coach, that's Nekomata-san's number. You go fill out the name with a heart or whatever lovey-dovey name you want.".

I was dumbfounded. I turned off my phone and placed it in my pocket and shoo-ed Nishinoya away with an irritated bark. He left with a big smile on his face. He had his chest puffed out with his hands on his hips as he walked to Hinata.

When he was out of sight, I turned around to face the wall, and took out my phone to save the number displayed on the screen.

(Click.) N
(Click.) e
(Click.) k
(Click.) o
(Click.) m
(Click.) a
(Click.) t
(Click.) a
(Click.) space bar
(Click. Click. Click..) first name
(Click.) emojis
(Scroll.. scroll..)
(Click.) ❤️
*cringe at myself*
(Click.) backspace
(Click.) 😻
*cringe even more*
(Click.) backspace
(Click.) hide keyboard
(Click.) Save new contact as Nekomata (name)

I look back and see the boys gathered around Noya, listening to him talk. It looked like he finished speaking, then Daichi began to scold him. These boys are chatty, I thought with my fingers pinching the bridge of my nose.

🐱🐱🐱

2rd person POV

The whole event went out smoothly. 5 different volleyball teams were able to compete, learn, improve, and bond. The coaches were able to analyze their team and develop new tactics. The female managers, together with you, caught up with each other and made new memories. It was Kiyoko's first time meeting some of the girls, but she got along quickly. You had casual and friendly conversations with Ukai from time to time. He spent his breaks with you when you weren't with the girls and when he wasn't with the coaches. Many different things happened in line with sports, friendship, and possibly romance. You had such great fun, but time went by faster than you wanted. Soon-

🐱🐱🐱

You're POV

Everyone was saying their goodbyes. The training camp has come to an end. While waiting for the buses to arrive, you were chatting with the managers.

As you were doing that, you were fully aware of a certain presence behind you. Ukai-kun was talking with coach Naoi, and you could clearly hear their conversation.

"Our team enjoyed beating your team Ukai-kun. We're grateful for your company."

"Same here." Ukai stated unwillingly through gritted teeth as they both shook hands.

"Oh, yes. I should give you my number." coach Naoi and Ukai typed their numbers into each other's phone.

"You should probably get (name)-chan's number as well." coach Naoi suddenly said, and you flinched after hearing it.

I hate you coach Naoi. "Hey, (name)-chan." he calls.

You calmed yourself down for a second. Then you walked over to them with an innocent expression. "Yes?".

"You should exchange numbers with Ukai-kun." For what? Development?

"Oh okay." you said with a small smile, which Ukai-kun payed back with a handsome smile of his own.

After giving coach Naoi a quick glare, you shuffled to get your phone from your pocket. You had yours ready, but Ukai-kun was still clicking on his.

"Hold on for a sec." he says.

Ukai's POV

As quickly as I could, I deleted Nekomata-chan's number that was already saved on my phone.

Your POV

Having his phone on your hand, you typed out your number, leaving the name blank for him to fill out himself.

He gave you your phone, and you gave his back. In front of you was his contact information glowing from the screen, and you held it thinking it was the greatest gift bestowed upon you by God.

"Alright, Imma get the bus." coach Naoi says, cutting off your trance. He then left you in a semi-awkward state in front of Ukai-kun.

"So... I guess I'll see you next time Ukai-kun." you say as you finally click on your phone to save his number.

"Yeah." he says. You were both looking ahead, awaiting the buses that would separate you.
"But you know, if you miss this hot store guy, you have his number." he says with a finger pointed at himself.

You look at him with a surprised expression, then flick your head to look away. Between the two of you, one was as red as a baboon's butt while the other had a smirk as wide as the ocean.

"Stop~" you whine. This makes him break into laughter.

"Stop laughing!" you lightly push him on the shoulder. Your finger tips felt muscles for sure.

You had no idea what to say next to keep the conversation in play. Luckily, 5 buses arrived in front of you, meaning you didn't have to keep up the chat. Everyone was saying their last goodbyes.

"Until next time! Bye!"

"We won't lose next time."
"We won't lose next time, either."

"See you later, broccoli!"
"Shut it, fish lips!"

"Bye, Nekomata-chan." he says with a warm smile.

"Bye, Ukai-kun." you say back, still bashful from his teasing.

Ukai then walks off and calls his members into the bus. You look over and was surprised to see Takeda-san on the wheel.

The managers waved you goodbye, and you ran to give them all a hug.

You turn to get into your own bus and sit yourself beside your sofu.

From the window, you saw all the other buses take off. You wondered why yours hasn't done the same.

Coach Naoi stands up from the drivers seat and presents himself in front of everyone in the bus. "Before we leave, I want to say that you all did great. But I also have another announcement." he says the last sentence with a serious face.

You curiously look up to hear him out. "(name)-chan got Ukai-kun's number!" He says with his arms crossed and a wide grin on.

The boys started yelling and laughing, while coach Naoi finally started the bus. Everyone gave their support, their congrats, and their blessing to wed.

You, once again, stuffed your face into the neck pillow in your hands, irritated and embarrassed as hell. But you shot your head back up after remembering the person beside you.

You gave your grandfather a look that said: It's nothing like that.

"Sofu," you call out weekly.

"Mm?" he had a small smile planted on his face.

"Do you have the authority to fire coach Naoi?"

"Apparently, no." he gives a small chuckle.

A/n: Shortest chapter so far. Is it okay? It's quite fast paced and short of interesting events. I kinda struggled to come up with the events in this chapter. I have many ideas for the next chapters but had little idea on how to end this arc (first volleyball training camp sponsored by Nekoma) so that I can finally transition to the other events I had planned. Thank you for reading! 💖

BTW i wanna know what you all think of Shigeru Yahaba. When I saw him in the end credits of the new season (To The Top atm), I was like OMG who's that? Then I rewatched his scenes. He's really handsome, and his character is really likeable as well. In my opinion that is. Here's a photo so that you won't have to search.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

724K 44.4K 109
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
2.3M 118K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
660K 14.7K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1M 18.5K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...