Return of the Thornwood Family

By Tempest09

Harry's title of Heir of the Potter family gets taken by by his brother because Harry is not the boy who live... More

Disclaimer
Prologue/Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
On Hiatus

Chapter 2

15.6K 365 121
By Tempest09

Hello ladies and germs! Dont got much to say other than, NOW, ON WITH THE SHOW! These are not the droids you are looking for. WRONG SHOW!

ghost/Snake/familiar/foreign language/ written speech

Two years had passed since we last saw little Harry Potter become a servant of his extended family. Being said servant gave Harry little happiness in life, especially if he failed in a task that his "family" gave him. At first it was small things, smaller helpings at meals, no going to the library, things like that. But slowly, the punishments got worse. At one point, they burned all of Harry's robes, saying they will not tolerate such freakishness in their presence. Luckily, Harry was able to save the moon pendant his mother had given him before he left. The worse punishment however, was a beating. Somehow, the elder Dursley's knew of ways to lessen the damage, but increase the pain that they inflicted on poor Harry. He still had scars, but not as many as he would have had if they had not treated him. Unknown to him, someone was looking for him...

Luckily today Harry had managed to complete his chores and make it to the library without incident. "Hm, what do I want to read today?" He asked himself. Harry had read almost the entire library in his short stay at Little Whining. This included topics such as meditation, history, even a bit of biology. He hadn't studied further, as he knew that the wizarding world had surpassed the muggles after this point. But today, Harry felt was different since the moment he had woken up.

And so, Harry set out in search of anything that would strike up his interest. He wandered for well over an hour, not realizing that he had made his way into an older part of the library.

You... come... closer. A voice flowed in the dusty air. Harry looked around for the owner of the voice, but could find no such person near him. Go... forward to... the wall. The voice said. Harry, knowing that magic worked in strange ways, approached the bookshelf that was on the wall.

As he scanned the shelf, a book fell from the very top onto his head. "Ouch." Harry said, gripping his head.

Take it... The voice groaned. As soon as Harry grabbed the book, a small jolt of pain went through his hand. You are... accepted. The voice said, clearer, and more defined. Harry scanned the book, looking for any sign of a title, or anything to show that this was a library book.

The book itself was a dark green, with black buckles on the binding. It was quite large, being nearly five hundred pages. There was no library check out card on the inside, nor was there a paper identification number on the side. There was no title either, only an emblem on the front. The emblem itself was a strange sight to behold. It was a black circle, with a grand oak tree inside. But on the tree were spikes, jutting out of the wood.

Leave with it... The voice said again.

"Who's there?" Harry asked. No answer. Deciding to take the book, making it a journal for Harry, he quickly slid past the librarian, and made his way to his relatives house.

"Boy, start helping with dinner." Came his Uncles voice from the living room.

"Yes Uncle." Harry said, before putting the book in his room and washing his hands.

Two hours later, after preparing, eating, and cleaning up, Harry sat in his room, dismissed for the night. "Now, lets start my journal." Harry said aloud. September 3, 1987. Harry wrote. After he finished, the words he had written faded away before something that shocked young Harry came back.

Is it really? The book replied.

Harry yelped and threw the book off him, landing right-side-up on the floor next to his mattress.

That was very rude young man. The book wrote. Harry slowly grabbed the book and put it back in his lap.

What are you? Harry asked.

A remnant of a man, or maybe, all there ever was. The book replied cryptically. What is a remnant? Harry asked.

Don't they teach you kids anything anymore? The book asked rhetorically. Uh, a remnant is a soul that has been magically anchored to a place or object until what they have been required to do has been fulfilled. The book explained.

I'm sorry, I was sent away from my parents to live with my muggle relatives. Harry said.

What is a muggle? The book asked.

A muggle is someone who doesn't have magic. Harry explained. He thought it strange that a person who was magically connected to a book wouldn't know what a muggle is.

Ah, I guess that is what you call the common-folk. Let me explain more before you ask to many questions. The book said. I am from a time much different than yours. I lived, roughly 1500 years ago, the time when muggles, as you put it, started to worship their god, known as, god. Because of a demi-god, who tried to achieve godhood, and use magic for himself and only himself, he stated that all magic users who were not of the "church" should be killed. A slytherin until the end. This caused many problems for us gifted folk. So many of what was will probably no longer be, this gives you a very rare opportunity. I will explain that later. Do you know what Gringotts is? The book suddenly asked.

Its the main bank of Wizarding Europe and part of Africa and Asia. Harry responded. for those of you wondering, Harry had learned some of what was required of the heir of a house, as he was, until he was cast away.

Good. Now, I was the last of my family, the Thornwood family. That emblem is ours. I made a deal with Gringotts, enabling my family vault to stay dormant, taking in interest for 3000 years after my death, if I can find a person I could magically adopt into the family. The book explained.

Harry sat for a moment, processing everything that he had learned. After a few minutes, Harry had a revelation. That is why your soul is anchored. And why I found it. Harry wrote.

Excellent deduction. Yes, this book has a spell on it that will awaken my spirit, and slowly port the book to where the one that matches the spells specifications. You, dear boy, have been chosen, to revive the Thornwood family. The book explained.

Why was I chosen? Harry asked.

You would do well in slytherin or ravenclaw. That mixed with your power and curiosity fit the general personality of my family. That, and we all for some reason we get a different quirk. The book explained. Now before I tell you anything else, you must inform me of your life. The book stated. For the next half hour, Harry wrote out his entire life, starting from when he was born, to how his father turned cold, and his mother was busy with the children-who-lived, to finally becoming a servant of his relatives.

I am sorry for your life Hadrian. I must say though, your mother did seem to love you. When you meet again, and you will, try to form some bond with her, that is, if she hasn't let fame go to her head. Same goes with your siblings. The rest of your family, on the other hand, I must say need a good kick in the backside.

A man in a dark trench coat with scars on his face appeared near the library...

Alright, it is time i told you more about myself, and your future. From what i can tell, you will either be stripped of your title as heir to the potter clan, or you already have. That being said I can only offer you the chance to change your life. You must somehow get to Gringotts and show the goblins this book. It is the Grimoire of the Thornwood clan. This book is priceless, and has been bound to you since you first touched it. It will change once you take the blood adoption ritual. Now, as your ancestor, I guess you can say, I will be-

"Boy! Come down here." The book said before Vernon interrupted.

As Harry made his way down the stairs, he noticed that his Uncle was standing in the front doorway, having said door open, and a slightly familiar man was standing outside. "Boy, do you know this man?" Vernon asked rudely. Harry quietly studied the man. he was slightly taller than average, having a thin mustache and was on the verge of having a goatee. He worn an old worn-out trench coat with khaki pants and loafer styled shoes. His most prominent feature were the three scars that ran down his face.

"Uncle... Moony?" Harry asked slowly. The man gave a wolfish smile before laughing.

"Haha, its good to see you cub!" He said before hugging Harry.

"So you do know this... man?" Vernon asked impatiently.

"Yes Uncle Vernon." Harry said, quietly. "Good. Grab your belongings, your leaving with him. And don't you dare come back with your freakishness!" Vernon said before going back to his room.

"Alright Harry, get your things, you are leaving with me." Remus said aloud. Harry ran upstairs, and grabbed only a few things. A picture of his mother, the moon pendant she had given him, and the journal, containing his friend. After coming back down, Remus gave him a concerned look. "Harry, where is your trunk and robes?" He asked. Harry suddenly looked down at his shoes.

"They burned them." He whispered.

"What did you say?" Remus said, making sure that he heard his honorary nephew correctly.

"They burned them. They gave me clothes that Dudley had out grown to wear." Harry said louder.

Remus's normal hazel eyes flashed amber for a moment until he reigned in his temper, noticing Harry had been frightened. "I am not upset with you cub, I am upset with your relatives." Remus said calmly.

"They don't have to be my relatives." Harry said as they walked down the road.

"Pardon?" Remus said, catching only a bit of the statement.

"Nothing." Harry said quickly.

"No what did you say?" Remus asked.

"Can we talk about this later?" Harry asked.

"Fine, but we will talk later." Remus said before offering his hand to Harry's. "Grab hold, and hold on, this is going to be uncomfortable." Remus said with a happy smile. Harry, not knowing what to expect, grabbed on to Remus's legs tightly. "Hold on" he said with a chuckle before they apparated to the alley across from the Leaky Cauldron.

"Hello Tom." Remus said as he ushered Harry to their room. "Now what is this about the Dursley's not having to be your relatives?" Remus asked.

"Um, well, I um..." Harry started, trying to find the right words as to not get his opportunity of a better life taken away.

"It's okay Harry, you can tell me, I wont be mad." Remus said.

"You promise?" Harry asked. Remus nodded with a smile, having truly forgotten that Harry was just a seven year old.

"Pinky promise." Remus said, holding out his pinky.

"I am, um, have been, given the chance at being blood adopted." Harry said.

"Are you thinking about it. And who gave you this offer?" Remus asked, concerned for his nephew.

"He hasn't told me his name, but he said he's what's known as a remnant." Harry said. This made Remus relax a bit. Remnants weren't exactly dark creatures, but creatures in general were Remus's forte.

"Did he say what his family name is?" Remus asked.

"He said the Thornwood family." Harry said. Remus's eyes widened at this. The Thornwood family had been dormant for nearly 1500 years.

"Why are you thinking of accepting his offer?" Remus asked.

"He told me that I probably would be stripped of my title as heir of the potter clan." Harry said before yawning

"It seems that you are ready for bed. We do have a busy day tomorrow after all." Remus said before transfiguring Harry's clothes into sleep wear. "We'll finish this talk in the morning." Remus said, before putting harry in the bed beside him. There was much to talk about indeed.

I hope you like it. Did i make harry seem too mature. i want him to be more so than his peers at this age, but not too mature. anyway, review and, i bid you all adieu

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261K 25.1K 61
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
366K 11.9K 26
Daisy Swan likes to disappear, even when she was in the same room as other people. Until she meets the most ruthless vampire leader who thinks she's...
273K 6.4K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
897K 35.4K 45
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...