The Eternal Prophecy (Sequel...

By Fayemiratria27

Voldemort is back, and he decides to use Tom Riddle his own teenage self, to start ruling over Hogwarts, but... More

Aria Petrova
Tom Riddle
From Bulgaria To Privet Drive
The Order of the Phoenix
In Hogwarts Express
Pink Toad and Patrolling
Bitchy Professor Dumbridge
Why Did you Do That For Me?
The Order Need To Strategize
Decisions......Decisions......
Dumbledore's Army
Letters and Meetings
Enchanted Forest
Arthur Weasley
Untitled Part 16
Untitled Part 17
A Patrol Dance
End of Occlumency
The Prophecy
Skirmish of Department of Mysteries
In Dumbledore's Office
Things We Lose Have A Way To Come Back To Us
Sequel

The Trial

1.1K 21 0
By Fayemiratria27

        The house of the Blacks belonged to the so called pureblooded noble Black family - Sirius's family. Harry and his friends sat in a round circle, around the table, discussing the secret weapon, and how Molly would not divulge any information to them, apart from the Salvatores, the Grimaldis, Elena and myself.
        "She doesn't trust us all apart from your twin cousins and their friends, you know. I even know that they are part of the Order." he said.
        Well we finished our breakfast after hearing the dumbass conversation of the Weasleys, smartie Hermione and my moronic brother Harry. Molly had inspected the house and found it infiltrated with so much of dirt, and mutts and pests. Harry and his friends were begging to help the order, and today we had to kill some pests which were there in this bloody house - doxies. I like Molly, she has a nice way of these imbeciles to help us even while not being in danger. She agreed that they could help the Order, by helping us to clean the place and make it suitable for living in. Harry and Ron entered the room to find our noses and mouths covered, each of us holding a spray bottle with a black liquid inside it in our hands.
        "Each of you cover your faces and take a spray." She handed the equipments to Ron and Harry. "It's Doxycide. I don't know what this house elf has been doing for so many years." 
        Hermione was protesting when Sirius came down, and we saw a cabinet shaking violently. He confirmed Molly that it was indeed a Boggart. That was when the door bell rang, and in came Tonks and Shacklebolt  as Walpurga Black, the mother of my second godfather, screamed away."Stains of dishonour, filthy half-breeds, blood traitors, children of filth..."
        "ENOUGH WALPURGA, STOP BEHAVING LIKE AN INFANT!" I shouted at the top of my lungs.
        "Thank you Aria. Harry would you kindly close the door." said Molly.
        Harry closed the door and came back. He rejoined the doxy party, as Molly was checking the page on doxys in Gilderoy Lockhart's Guide to Household Pests. Lord, Molly you still read the books of that bluffing oaf!
                "Right Aria come by my side. And you lot, you need to be careful, because doxys bite and their teeth are poisonous. I've a bottle of antidote out here, but I rather have nobody infected. When I say the word start spraying immediately. They'll come flying at us, but one good squirt of the spray will paralyse them. When they're immobilised just throw them in this bucket."She stepped carefully out of the line of fire, and raised her own spray and gave us the word. All of us started spraying, and soon fully-grown doxys came out only to be sprayed by the doxycide and get paralysed with a thunk sound. I felt their pain, but I realised, sometimes you just have to ignore it. We picked them up and threw them in the bucket. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the Weasley twins collect doxy venom, before throwing them into the bucket. I mentally chuckled, they would never stop being the biggest jokers ever. They even explained us about their newly set up joke shop. They owed HArry that, because I had given mine in charity for the rearing of hybrids in my maternal land of Bulgaria, and France. But Molly disapproved of a joke shop as a career. The de-doxyfication took the whole morning. It was noon, when we removed our covers and we had our lunch. After lunch we went upstairs to deal with that boggart. 
        We heard a bell ring, and few moments later Mundungus Fletcher came in with his new possession - stolen cauldrons. I knew this would not be good. Molly even started shouting at the git, but he deserved it.
        "WE ARE NOT RUNNING A HIDEOUT FOR STOLEN GOODS!" she shouted." COMPLETELY IRRESPONSIBLE, AS IF WE HAVEN'T GOTTEN ENOUGH TO WORRY ABOUT WITHOUT YOU DRAGGING STOLEN GOODS INTO THE HOUSE........". This continued until aunt Merryn calmed them down, making the cauldrons invisible to the eyes of normal witches and wizards. We then started to face the boggart. It was of no use. Merryn, Kol, Sage, Garrick, Elena, Niklaus, Brieses, Emmett, Eliza, Amelia, Levi, Honora and Damien and Jared were of no use, their boggart being the death of Harry and me, Sirius was consoling the sobing Molly, who tried unsuccessfully, in destroying the boggart, each time showing a dead body, once of Harry, then mine, then my twin, then each of her children, then each of my family friends, then Arthur. At last I took the responsiblity to destroy the boggart.
        I went up, thinking the boggart would be confused, and ultimately get destroyed by itself, just like in third year. But how wrong I was. It immediately changed into me and Voldemort getting married and then making love, having kids and finally letting him use my kids for evil. What now I had a fear too, fear to love a so called enemy? The git whom I never loved yet broke up with for the sake of my brother? I had been taught by Merryn that to destroy our fear, we need to face our fear. So I imagined Voldemort totally naked, running about out of embarassment yet, not finding a place to hide.
        "RIDDIKKULUS." I said, and the boggart, turned into a naked Voldemort running about embarassed not finding even a single nook or cranny to hide, as we all laughed finally destroying the boggart. But when it was destroyed I found everybody staring at me with wide eyes. 
        "Take a picture, it will last longer." I said.
        "What an odd fear?' whispered Lupin as I left the room.

                We were all having our dinner when Molly told us that she had ironed our best clothes for tomorrow. Arther would be taking us and Sirius could not go, since the Ministry still thought him to be a convicted mass murderer. He even came to know that these instructions were given by none other than Professor Dumbledore. I was going to be Harry's witness. Sirius was frustrated that he could not go for Harry's hearing while, Harry was sad and disappointed that Dumbledore had come to this house, and not asked to see him. We then cleaned the table, and the utensils and headed off to bed.

        Next day, I woke up at 5 am sharp, and had my bath, washed my hair, and brushed my teeth. I dried my self magically and wore my clothes - a black crepe knee length dress, with skin color trench coat and pointed leather court pump shoes. I tied my hair into a tight bun and got ready. I had bacon, toast and eggs for breakfast, while Harry being nervous as he was only had toasts. We then began speaking about his hearing.

        "The hearing is at Amelia Bone's office. She is the head of the department of magical law enforcement, and the one who'll be questioning you." said Arthur.
        "Amelia Bones is OK, Harry." said Tonks. "She's fair and, she'll hear you out."
        "Don't lose your temper. Be polite and stick to the facts." said Sirius suddenly.
        "The law's on your side." continued Lupin quietly. "Even underage wizards are allowed to use magic in life-threatening situations." Harry nodded each time, whenever he was showered with advice. Molly then, attacked him with a wet comb, making her level best to make his hair lie flat, but finally giving it up.
        "Well, better we leave now." said Arthur. Harry left his uneaten toast, while everyone wished him the best of luck. Molly even gave him a hug. We followed Arthur down the hall, opened the door, and finally stepped into the cold. We then walked to the metro station, and Arthur tried his level best to show us that he had muggle skills, but to no use.
        "Trains. Underground. Ingenious these muggles. I never used a muggle entrance before, should be fun." Then he started to swipe the card, but failed. Harry finally swiped the card for him, as we entered and boarded the train. "Right, good." When we reached our destination, we got off the train and came up into the sunlight. We went on walking until we came across a phone booth. Funny the unsuspicious entrance for the Ministry are, while Harry looked curiously all around the phone booth.
        "Let me get my muggle money." When we reached down and entered the Ministry of Magic, we saw a huge fountain having the statues of a witch and wizard, with a goblin, a house elf and a centaur. Inside the water there were galleons, sickles and knuts. Arthur shook his head in disgust.
        "Terrible. Lost a lot of galleons trading on a potions market." he muttered. 
        There were many shoutings and mutterings. 
        "Daily Prophet, ladies and gentlemen, anybody for the Daily Prophet."
        There was even a poster of "Dumbledore: Is he daft or is he dangerous?". Not far away was a huge picture of Cornelius Fudge - the proud and idiotic and daft of a Minister of Magic. We then entered a lift, where Arthur greeted the liftman.
        "Interdepartmental memos."
        "We used to use owls first," said Arthur, " mess was unbelievable." Kingsley entered the lift and whispered something in Arthur's ear.
        "Merlin's beard. Thank you Kingsley. They have changed the timing and place of your hearing."
        "Where is it?" asked Harry.
        "In five minutes." We soon came to the Department of Mysteries.
        "Department of Mysteries."
        I saw Lucius Malfoy speaking to Fudge. " And I'm confident, Minister, that you will do the right thing." He saw me gave me a nod with respect filled in his eyes.
        "Yes, but we must be........." said Fudge.
        Meanwhile, Arthur was giving Harry some words of advice. "Remember, our words of advice at breakfast. Speak only when you are spoken to. Keep calm, you've done nothing wrong. As the muggles say, truth will out. Right? I'm afraid I'm not allowed inside." With that he went away, as Harry and I entered the court room. I waited in the waiting lobby outside the court room, keeping tabs through Harry's mind.
        I saw it was the largest dungeon, and the whole of the Winzegamot was present. Fudge was the judge, while Mrs. Amelia Bones was the interogator. There was even a toad-like looking woman, who giggled in a disgusting manner. I hope my brother keeps calm, and does not go into his mood swings. He was of course, accused of being late for his hearing, after which the hearing started.
        "Disciplinary hearing of the 12th of August, into the offenses committed by Harry James Potter, resident of number 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey. Interogetors: Cornelius Oswald Fudge, Minister of Mag....." said Fudge when he was interrupted by none other than Dumbledore.
        "Witness for the Defense: Albus Pervical Wulfric Brian Dumbledore."
        "You got the message that the time and place of the hearing had been changed did you?" asked Fudge.
        "I must have missed it. " said Dumbledore. " But by a happy mistake I arrived early at the Ministry of Magic, three hours early. The charges?" 
        "The charges against the accused are as follows: that he did knowwingly and in full awareness of the illegality of his actions produce a Patronus Charm in the presence of a Muggle. Do you deny producing the said Patronus?" said Fudge.
        "No, but....." replied Harry.
        "And you were aware that you were forbidden to use magic outside school under the age of 17." said Fudge.
        "Yes, I was, but......" said Harry.
        "Witches and wizards of the Winzegamot." said Fudge, when Harry screamed out. Oh no.
        "I was only doing it because of the dementors." cried out Harry.
        "Dementors? In Little Whinging?" said a woman. I presume she must be Amelia Bones.
        "That's quite clever. Muggles can't see dementors, can they boy. Highly convenient." said Fudge. This man is so full of himself, filled with lust for political power. 
        "I'm not lying. There were two of them, if I hadn't..........." said Harry.
        "Enough." shouted Fudge.
        "Hem, hem." said the toad-like witch while clearing her throat to speak up. " I'm sorry to interrupt," oh yes you are indeed, "what I'm sure is a well-rehearsed story...........but since you can't produce any witnesses of the event." she said as Fudge nodded.
        "Pardon me, Minister. But it so happens that we can." Seems like there is another witness apart from me. Of course, Ms. Arabella Figg, Harry's squib of a neighbour. Excellent Dumbledore. I remember him saying that he would convince the other witness, if not then I would have to serve as one. Seems that Figg has come. She was called in. 
        "Please describe the attack. What did they look like?" asked the witch whom, I presumed to be Amelia Bones.
        "Well, one of them was very large and the other was very skinny and there was a girl." Brilliant.
        "Not the children. The dementors." said Fudge with irritation.
        "Oh, right, right. Big, cloaked, then everything went cold..............as though all the happiness had gone from the world." she said.
        "Now, look here, dementors don't just wonder into a Muggle suburb." said Fudge. God how blind can one get. "And happen across a wizard and another special witch." 
        "The odds are astronomical," said Dumbledore, "I don't think anyone would believe the dementors were there by coincidence, Minister."
        "I'm sure I must have misunderstood you, professor." said the toad-like witch. "Dementors are, after all, under the control of the Ministry of Magic. And it's so silly of me, but it sounded for a moment as though you were suggesting that the Ministry had ordered an attack on the boy."
        "That would be disturbing indeed, Madame Undersecretary." replied Dumbledore.
        "Which is why I'm sure the Ministry will be mounting a full-scale inquiry into why two dementors were so far away from Askaban." said Fudge, "And why, they mounted an attack without authorization."
        "Of course, there's someone" replied Dumbledore, "who might be behind the attack. Cornelius I implore you to see reason. The evidence that the Dark Lord has returned is incontrovertible."
        "He is not back" hissed Fudge loudly.
        "In matters of Harry Potter," said Dumbledore, "the law clearly states that magic can be used in life-threatening situations."
        "Laws can be changed, Dumbledore." shouted Fudge.
        "Clearly," replied Dumbledore, "has it become a practice to hold a full criminal trial to deal with a simple matter of underage magic?"
        "Those in favor of conviction." said Bones. A few hands including that of Fudge and the toad-face raised their hands.
        "Those in favor of clearing the accused of all charges." Maximum hands were raised. I smiled.
        "Cleared of all charges." said Fudge as the court room cleared. I saw Harry call out for Dumbledore but he ignored him yet, smiled at me. We left the ministry and arrived at Grimmauld Place, celebrating my brother not being expelled from Hogwarts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8K 1.5K 19
When the dark side gains the upper hand in the second Wizarding War and everything seems hopeless, Harry takes it upon himself to change the future b...
2.7K 59 22
Set before the Second Wizardry War alongside Harry Potter at Hogwarts. Katherine will journey through who she's meant to be. Given her mom had a repu...
742 32 20
"𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙚𝙩 𝙝𝙞𝙢 𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠 𝙢𝙚, 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣. 𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝...