Flaming Hearts ~Dying Spark ~...

By Namifangurl07

She was happiness. She was joy. A charming little girl with who would always see the positive side of things... More

The main Cast of the Story (Yours truly)
Prologue
CH1 - Changing minds
CH2 - Hope in the impossible
CH3 - Like brother like sister
CH4 - Between the flames and the light
CH5 - A chance to become someone
CH6 - The First Case
CH7 - The three Yokai
CH8 - Reunited again. . .
CH9 - A Son's motivation
CH10 - Eye to Eye
CH11 - Meeting the Master
CH12 - Fighting in the darkness
CH13 - Brains and Sheer Dumb Luck
CH14 - Rise or Fall
CH15 - The Spirit Detective Strikes Again
CH16 - Where the adventure begins
🖍🎨 Drawings 🎨🖍
CH17 - Into The Maze Castle
CH18 - Genbu the Stone Beast
CH20 - Inside The Room of Hell
CH21 - The Second Round
CH22 - The Cold-hearted Warrior
CH23 - No time to waste
CH24 - The beginning of the real fight
CH25 - What's important. . .?
CH26 - The end of all this
CH27 - Back home with confusion
CH28 - The Second Wave of All
CH29 - The Nightmare Case
CH30 - Here we go again
CH31 - Into the Unknown
CH32 - Under the Water
CH33 - Battle between emotions
CH34 - The Scarves From the Past
CH35 - A Rocky Situation
CH36 - Like Water and Fire
CH37- Difficulties and more conflicts
CH38 - Final Decisions
CH39 - It's combat time
CH40 - The moment of truth
CH41 - The Flame within ourselves - Part 1
CH41 - The Flame within ourselves - Part 2
CH42 - The skeleton in the closet.
CH43 - A Heart to Heart
CH44 - Getting into a little situation
CH45 - Miyuki's conclusion
CH46 - Blind Love
CH47 - Opening Up
CH48 - From Good to Disaster - Part 1
CH48 - From Good to Disaster - Part 2
CH49 - Start of Something New - Part 1
CH49 - Start of Something New - Part2
CH50 - Weird Days Happens
CH51 - Lamenting Beauty
CH52 - Freaks in our way
CH53 - With Small Steps Forward
CH54 - The Demon Triad
CH55 - The Toguro Brothers
CH56 - One Last Mission
Epilogue
Last Page - Author Note

CH19 - Byakko the White Tiger

436 20 14
By Namifangurl07

After the stairs, we stood by a window to catch our breath.

"Kurama, how is your condition?" Yusuke asked the redhead.

"Fine, as long as I can walk." Kurama replied as he checked on his injury.

"He will survive." I informed the others. "But still he is in no shape to fight." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"That means we only have four fighters and one of them is worthless." Hiei spoke up.

"Hey! Don't be so rude to Miyuki that much, short stuff." Kuwabara teased, earning a 'tsk' from me. Jeez, how can someone be that stupid?

"Maybe I'm going out on a limb here, but I think he meant you." Yusuke told his stupid friend as I turned to Kazuma's direction.

"Is that so?" Kuwabara sassed back. "Then maybe I should show you something." He turned back to our direction and placed both of his fists onto his hips. "What in the world do you think I was doing for the last six months while you were off training with Genkai? Letting you get better than me? Nuh-uh!" Then he held out his hand in front of himself. It began to glow brightly.

"Spirit Sword!" He shouted as his spirit energy shot out of his hand and shifted into a sword.
Well, it seems like he is after all has some use to this mission.

"Hey, watch it!" Yusuke exclaimed as he tried to get away that spirit sword that Kazuma carelessly waved around like an irresponsible kid.

"You see what I've learned Urameshi?" Carrot top bragged. "I don't gotta use the tip of that wooden sword to make it work anymore." He laughed with a proud grin on his face. "It's just my pure energy, and I bet it can kick the crap out of your Spirit Gun."

"That depends on what finger I use." Yusuke deadpanned as he sent Kazuma the bird.

"As it turns out, the idiot is only partially worthless." Hiei commented and I mentally facepalmed at him.

"Okay, wanna die?!?!?" The orange parrot cried out or more like screeched.

"I dare you." Hiei said calmly with a smirk. Kazuma was about to march over but I stood between the two.

"HEY!" Yusuke cried out as he did the same.

"Yeah-yeah, let him live." Kuwabara said as he backed away with the spirit sword. "I'm sure he'll be saying sorry after he sees what else I can do." He then stretched his arm and pointed the tip of his weapon upward.

"Sword, get long!" Kuwabara ordered. Soon the sword extended through the ceiling.

"Wow, it even comes with a spear attachment." Yusuke commented in awe, making Carrot Top laugh.

"I can make it any size I want it to be." Kazuma explained as he made his sword disappear. "I know when Genbu showed up I got a little, what's the word, Freaked! But that's not going to happen from now on my friend, because Kuwabara's got the good stuff!" Bragged the idiot proudly before he fell on his back as expected. Showing off his power weakened his body. I sighed as I slapped my forehead.

"Don't worry guys, it's just sometimes the sword makes me a little dizzy." Kuwabara said in a daze.

"You're not making us look good!" My brother glared at him as he leaned over his friend's head. 

"What do you think Miyuki? Is it cool?" Carrot Top asked me dizzily as he got back on his feet and rubbed the back of his neck.

" It looked okay." I told him as I crossed my arms over my chest. I see his eyes lit up, but I didn't even finished with my sentence. 

"R-really?" He asked flustered while his face was a blushing mess.

"Yeah." I nodded my head not so fazed by his stupid behaviour." It managed to distract me from your face." After commenting this on his stupidity, Kazuma's face fell flat on the floor. 

"OUH! BURN!" Yusuke burst out laughing while Rosehead bit his thumb, trying to keep the snickers to himself. As for Hiei I saw his lips twitch upward a little from the corner of my eye. The sound of ringing went off in my pocket. I pulled out the communicator and opened it.

"Miyuki, Yusuke, You've got to hurry!" Botan urged us.

"What's the matter Botan?" Yusuke asked as he walked over to me and look at the communicator. The blue-haired girl's face reappeared on the screen after a few seconds.

"Listen, guys, I think the Saint Beasts have launched another wave of insects." Botan said. "I've found a whole batch by an elementary school."

"What?" I breathed out in shock.

"They're taking over kids now?!" Yusuke gasped in disbelief.

"That's right." Botan nodded, confirming her words. Yusuke then snatched the communicator from my hand.

"I thought you said these insects only like to take over the minds of depressed people." Yusuke pointed out.

"That's because depressed people are more easily influenced, the same goes for children, but if the bugs get into them, I'm afraid-AAHH!!!" Boten screamed in the end as she suddenly disappeared from the screen again.

"Okay, you're afraid, now finish your sentence." Yusuke urged our assistant. Another moment later Botan came back.

"Sorry Yusuke, but I'm being chased now." Botan explained as I see the screen shaking.

"You're being chased, by who?!" Yusuke asked in a yell.

"By another guy under the control of the Makai insects, and this one looks especially unfriendly."

"Just keep running!" Yusuke told her. Botan then suddenly ran into a place and shut the door behind her.

"I've knocked out all the other victims by sneaking up on them-! " The blue-haired girl explained before screaming again. A fist went through the door.

"Well, can't you call for help or something?!?" Yusuke suggested still yelling.

"Or run away!?" The Ugly Carrot exclaimed as he pushed me away from my brother.

"Hey, Botan! Botan!" Yusuke called but no reply came. I pushed Kazuma away so I can have some space and see what's going on. The black screen turned back on and we see Botan wiping her forehead while the infected human being was knocked down on the floor.

"Oh wow, you got him!" Yusuke exclaimed.

"Well, I'm not making a career out of this." Botan replied tiredly. "You and Miyuki go an destroy that whistle before I have to fight this entire city!" The young Grim Reaper urged.

"Right." Yusuke and I replied at the same time, just before a big roar rang through the entire building that began to shake.

"I don't know what kind of monster makes that sound, but I got a hunch its our next enemy." Kuwabara observed as his voice was shaking a little.

"Guys!" Botan cried out through the communicator.

"Sorry, we'll have to call you later." Yusuke replied before hanging up and shutting the device down before placing it inside his pocket. Oh, for the love of-! 

The roar was heard again.

"That's. . . That's Byakko." My redheaded friend said with eyes going wide. "And he doesn't sound very pleased."

"Then let's not just stand here, let's get a move on!" I exclaimed before taking off. I hear the others not far behind my tail along with the many loud crashing sounds. After climbing up the stairs we arrived at an outside fighting area with a castle tower on the other side, I saw another demonic creature, but it looked more like a. . .

"Tiger." Hiei said with a low voice. Byakko a large white tiger with a human-like structure. Green mane like a lion, or hair, yellow eyes, huge fangs, razor-sharp claws, and a tail that crushed into the floor.

"Intruders will pay for coming this far into my territory." Byakko growled before roaring again furiously. My glare hardens at the hideous beast.

"It's huge!" Kuwabara cried out, clearly startled.

"It's a pity they don't have him in a zoo." Yusuke commented sassily. For once I have to agree.

"Hn, I'll go." Hiei said on my left side.

"Back off!" Kuwabara shouted at the demon boy. "Didn't I say, I'd take the next one?!" With that, he began to walk forward but stopped when Byakko growled again.

"Do not think you're dominant because you tore apart Genbu, he was weak!" The Second Saint Beast glared. "He could talk to the demons in the city by prowling through the castle wall, that is why we didn't kill him ourselves." His hands balled into a fist as he continued with his stupid monologue like many villains in movies. "But I am a real beast, I have been cage in this place for too long, without prey, without bones, without blood! Until now. . . " He then suddenly began to shout. "HUMANS!!! I will rip you apart and eat you myself."

"Gee, how nice." Yusuke snarled on my right.

"Hiei!" Byakko called as he eyes the said demon. "Kurama." He then turned to Shuichi. "I'll feed your body to the Fugaki before I do the same thing with that little girl!" The monstrous creature snarled as he pointed at my direction. I glare at beast hard, but then it dropped when I see The boys standing in front of me protectively, shielding me from Byakko's view. 

What are they doing?

Then another roar erupted out of the giant white cat, like a volcano. The whole area started to crumble into pieces. I feel the ground underneath me collapse and I almost fell if I didn't jump away from that area. But when I did that however I bumped into someone who wrapped his arms around me and pulled inside. I turned to look at the figure who turned out to be Hiei.

"Watch were you step little detective." He told me dully before letting me go.

"Hmpf." I huffed as I folded my arms over my chest and look away.

'Stupid demon boy.' I thought to myself as I feel my cheeks heat up.

"Apparently this guy likes breaking things with the sound of his voice." My brother remarked.

"It's a long trip to the crowd, I'll send you all there with my roar unless you come and fight me! Of course, your weak bodies will be broken either way." Byakko taunted us, getting on my nerve already. What I would give to just shut him up.

"Monster! He thinks he is so tough!" Kuwabara exclaimed annoyed.

"Kuwabara!" Yusuke warned as he pulled his friend back by the shoulder.

"Get off!" Kazuma said sternly as he pushed my brother toward Rosehead and me.

"Damn it!" Yusuke sighed in defeat.

"You think you can beat him?" Hiei asked with an unimpressed expression.

"Well of course, half pint!" The ugly carrot snapped at Hiei before running his hand through his orange locks. "In fact, I'm not scared at all." He said confidently. I rose an eyebrow as I looked down to see his legs shaking madly.

"So I guess your legs are shaking out of eagerness." I deadpanned sarcastically.

"I-I-I'm just scared of heights, okay Miyuki?!?! There is no need to worry about anything, I will make sure to keep you safe. " Stupid idiot 'reassured' me before sending a wink at me before he started to walked on the now narrow path. 

I can't help but openly gag at the Stupid Flirt's lame attempt to show off his charms.

"Prick." I can't help but comment under my breath. Jeez, I sometimes hate myself for being born as a girl.

"This isn't the time to pretend you're tough or to even dare to hit on my sister. Again!" Yusuke gritted through his teeth, clearly annoyed.

"Leave me alone Urameshi!!!" Kuwabara yelled back before continuing on his path. I let out a sigh, but then my eyes suddenly caught Shuichi's eyes that were filled with amusement.

"What?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow.

"Nothing." He replied slyly making me mentally groan. Seriously, what's with boys these days?

"You don't believe you can overpower me with just one human, do you?!" Byakko snarled at us as Kuwabara finally reached the middle of the battle ring.

"Let's fight Byakko monster!" Carrot top challenged. Suddenly the big and ugly cat burst out laughing.

"Oh please, I can't stay angry if you make me laugh!" The white tiger mocked as he kept on laughing.

"I'm serious!" Kuwabara insisted. "Come down here so I can knock your light out!" He shouted furiously, which the Second Saint Beast found really entertaining.

"Stop it!" Byakko said. "I can tear you into little pieces with nothing but the hairs on my mane."

"Oh really?!" The idiot dared as he cracked each of his knuckles. Byakko did as he 'asked' and pulled out some strands of his mane. He blew them toward Kuwabara's direction and surrounded him. All of a sudden a bright light enveloped those strands and soon four green beasts landed around Kazuma. Well, this is just perfect.

"These beasts are a small part of myself." Byakko explained. "Like me, they are hungry, and you're a perfect source of meat. They don't like sharing either so you may be in the middle of a little tug of war." The giant tiger taunted. Just then one of those creatures jumped up and attacked Kazuma with its claws that scratched up the teen's chest.

"Kuwabara!" Yusuke shouted worriedly as Kuwabara struggled to stay on his feet.

"That was a freebie." Kazuma said before grabbing onto his right wrist. "SPIRIT SWORD!" With that, his weapon was summoned.

"Ah, so you can use your spirit energy as a weapon." Byako said. "Very impressive, but I'm afraid it won't aid in your survival for very long!" The Saint Beast yelled, just before his monsters began to attack Kazuma. The orange-haired guy began to run at them. He slashed his sword at one of them, but it managed to claw onto Kazuma.

"Oh no." Yusuke breathed. "He is dead!"

The green beasts kept attacking Kuwabara from every direction while he tried to hit them with his sword.

"Get your back against the wall!" Yusuke shouted at him only to be ignored.

"Come here!" Kazuma yelled as he ran up to the beasts and swing his sword around.

"This is pointless he has no strategy." I growled out annoyed and a little worried.

"Indeed." Hiei agreed with me. "He is just swinging his sword with the grace of a flyswatter, that's no way to survive!"

Kazuma fell on his knees tiredly. The perfect opportunity for those beasts to strike again.

"Kuwabara!" My brother snapped. "Let me take him instead. I know you want to fight this one, but there is way too many of those things for you to swing a sword at! My shotgun blast just makes more sense okay! " At this point, my brother was pleading. "Come on Kuwabara, please!" Kazuma didn't reply since he was way too busy with those beasts that just kept clawing at him mercilessly. Byakko laughed mockingly.

"If you're going to take the time to switch, you might as well all fight me at once." The giant hairball taunted. "After all, nothing brings me more pleasure than a big group kill."

"That's it Kuwabara, I don't care if you agree or not, we're going to help!" Yusuke shouted before lifting up his foot to walk over.

"Stay right there!" Kuwabara replied back to us. "I'm not asking for help, and if you come up here, I swear I'll turn this sword on you!" The idiot threatened. "I'm no wimp Urameshi, and I'm not stopping unless Byakko comes and kills me himself!" I feel my fists getting tighter as I bared my teeth like a wild wolf.

"Don't say that. . ." Yusuke breathed out miserably.

"Ah, if that's your choice of death, then fine." Byako replied, accepting the stupid idiot's choice. "Beasts, you may now tear off his arms and legs and divide them amongst them yourselves, but leave the body for me so I can finish him."

"Sorry monsters, but you can't! Genkai just fixed these arms and I'm not breaking them again." Kuwabara snapped as he was running at the beasts again, only to gain more cuts to his collection. As those stupid things kept slashing at Kuwabara, Yusuke suddenly snapped and ran halfway up to that ramp. I gasped and so did the other two boys beside me.

"Hey, don't die from being stubborn you dope, let me take over!" My brother yelled, desperate to get his friend out of trouble. "There's no way you can beat all four of those beasts by swinging your sword around! Think about it!"

I see Kuwabara look over. "He's right. . . " I hear him agree.

"Kuwabara!" Yusuke shouted. A small pause followed the atmosphere until Kazuma spoke again.

"He's right!" Kuwabara shouted as realization flickered in his eyes. Wait, does he has a plan now?

Kazuma suddenly began to sprint toward our direction, with the monsters chasing right after their food. This made Byakko laugh in satisfaction.

"After all of that, he's finally had enough sense to retreat, but it's too late now." Byakko spoke. "Go on, you beasts! Chase him back to his friends and then eat them all!"

I see Yusuke brace himself. I followed his example.

"There you see, in the end the fool runs away." Hiei said.

"He won't make it." Kurama stated.

"Don't worry, I'll go as soon as he screams for help." Yusuke assured us with confidence.

"Hm." I hummed thoughtfully as my eyes fixated onto Kuwabara. Maybe he is doing it on purpose, but I am not so sure.

"You know you can't escape." Byakko reminded Kazuma who suddenly stopped and turned around with a poker face.

"Who in the world said anything about escaping?" Kuwabara stated angrily as he turned to the green beast who had lined up like ducks.

Wait, I get it now!

"Sword get longer!!!" Kuwabara commanded as his extended. "EAT THIS!!" Then with one swift movement, he stabbed the beasts through their mouth while the tip came out of their rear end, turning them into some kind of shish kabob. 'So he does have a brain after all.' I thought to myself.

"It's true, I couldn't win by swigging my sword, but I could win by stabbing them once I got all four of these suckers lined up." Kuwabara said as he laughed proudly.

"Nice one Kuwabara!" Yusuke commented.

I let out a short laugh.

"Yes, he actually did something clever." Hiei commented, earning a nod of agreement from me.

"Watch it Hiei!" The ugly Carrot Top warned. "It's no use getting jealous because I'm so good!" He mocked.

"Okay Genius but what are you going to do now?!" I asked him as I pointed at his handy work.

"Uh, I don't know." Kuwabara replied as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Some sort of monster beast Shish Kabob now." He laughed.

"Haha, those beasts are still apart of me and even though they are chained up, they can still chase you down, they just need more energy!" Byakko said just as the beast turned from green to red. They began to move, even with the sword that stabbed their body inside.

"Uh-oh!" Kuwabara exclaimed before running toward us again. I feel someone pull me out of the way as Kuwabara got closer with those things. He then began to run around in circles.

"Do you think he knows it's a circle?" Hiei asked and I just shrugged after his hands got off of me. When Kuwabara came back to the beginning of the monster circle, he chained the other end of the sword to the one that got caught in the brick.

"Just twist and seal!" Kuwabara stated proudly as he walked away from his masterpiece.

"I-I don't believe it!" Byako said, stunned while his monsters were unable to move anywhere.

"That's a little move I'd like to call the Spirit Sword Monster Beast Donut." Carrot top announced proudly. I pinched the bridge of my nose and closed my eyes. Stupid.

"Idiot." Hiei sighed.

"I think Monster Beast Donut is a perfect name." Kurama agreed with Carrot Top, making me look at the Rosehead bewildered while my brother just laughed.

"Excuse me sir, I don't like this one, you got chocolate with sprinkles?" Yusuke teased as he turned to the white tiger. I turned around as well, only to see a glaring and pissed off cat who just lost his food to another cat.

"My own prey mocks me. . ." Byakko clenched his fist. "I will not tolerate that!"

"Ha! You best get ready to tolerate a lot more, you poor excuse for a cat!" Kuwabara tainted.

"My own prey, I cannot allow this disgrace to continue." The Saint Beast snarled before letting out a loud roar again, sending purple lighting to the stairwell, that soon disappeared completely.

"Tear up the castle however you want, it doesn't change the fact your little monsters are beat, and you're about to be next. " Kuwabara said cockily as he smirked and walked back out to the area.

Byakko punched the ground underneath him, now getting more aggressive. "Stupid Human!" He snarled, baring his teeth. "I'm the White Tiger Byakko! One of the Four Saint Beasts, and the greatest predator who ever lived! "

"Yeah-yeah I think you said that already and I'm Kuwabara. So let's go!" Kazuma said as he summoned another spirit sword. Byakko growled but accepted the challenge and jumped down from his place and land right in front of his opponent.

"What are the odds Kuwabara starts calling for his mommy?" Yusuke asked as we all tensed up a little. Byakko's eyes were flaming with rage and hatred while Kuwabara's figure was shaking a little.

"Ha! I can smell your fear, clearly, your body knows something your brain does not!" Byakko taunted Kazuma.

"What's that?!" Kuwabara asked annoyed.

"If the sword's your most powerful weapon, then you cannot hurt me." The giant hairball told him. "To tell the truth, you better off attacking me with your little fingernails."

"Well, I'm sorry if I don't believe you!" Kuwabara snapped back before letting out a battle cry and ran up to Byakko at full speed and slashed at the tiger's body. There was a visible line, but no injury.

'This is not right.' I told myself as I squished my eyes for a better look.

"How's that?!" Kazuma taunted. Byakko let out a roar and raised his fist to punch Kuwabara, but thankfully he jumped out of the way before it could reach him. Then he slashed with his spirit sword again that hit Byakko, but he didn't seem exhausted or hurt.

"Okay, maybe the tiger will be calling home." Yusuke remarked grinning.

"Don't celebrate just yet." I spoke up as I feel my nervousness coming back to me. "Something is clearly not right here."

"Miyuki is right." My redheaded friend agreed. "Something's wrong."

"Yes." Hiei also agreed.

"What do you mean?" Yusuke asked me as he got close to my face.

"Look at them closely." I told him as I gestured toward the two fighters. He obeyed and looked at Kazuma who looked totally drained out.

"Judging from the attacks, Kuwabara's obviously had the upper hand, but by the looks of them, it's as if Kuwabara's the one taking all the blows." Hiei explained it to my brother. I again squished my eyes, like I am trying to see the details better. That's when I saw Byakko's body glowing yellow with energy. The white tiger's size increased.

"C-could it be?" I gasped a little as realization dawned on me. That ugly cat is sucking the energy out of Kuwabara.

"Byakko's size, it's increasing!" Shuichi stated. "Now I see, look down at Kuwabara's Spirit Sword!"

I did it and just as I thought it began to shrink into the size of a dagger.

"It's getting smaller!" Yusuke cried out worriedly.

"Exactly." I said. "Byakko is stealing Kuwabara's energy." The tiger began to laugh.

"You've finally caught me." The Giant hairball spoke. "I've been feeding off of every slash of your sword."

Kuwabara didn't say anything and just summon another sword. By doing that however, his legs collapsed. This is not good at all if he keeps doing that he will go dry.

"Kuwabara! Are you crazy?! Hit him again and he'll just get bigger!" Yusuke shouted. "Kuwabara! Don't be stupid!"

"Leave me alone Urameshi!" Kazuma snapped back in reply. "Nothing is gonna make me stop fighting now!" With that, he launched himself at the Beast.

This is it. He is good as dead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 233 29
Loosing someone that meant everything to you is a hard obstacle in live. Sadness, loneliness, anger, and longing that fill the heart like water sp...
187 39 21
"A sword will only be as strong as the sheath that will keep it from breaking when it is at rest." *** As the daughter of a yakuza shatei, Mai knew t...
28.7K 586 41
{Revision In process} [Warning] Early on you will most likely come across spelling errors and strange changes in the story. I may or may not go back...
11.6K 547 77
"There it is, a dishonorable title hangs above her head by a burlap rope, swinging as if it were a pendulum. It manages to get everyone's attention...