Prakriti (Mahabharata)

By sisimaanu

When Prakriti herself become the part of great epic story of Mahabharata where she fight for the righteousne... More

Author Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Author Note: Important
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Thank You πŸ’™
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Golden Rose Awards 2020
Author Note
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Issue Resolved
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Author Note
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Exile Alternate time line
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Announcement
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61

Chapter 42

1.5K 75 36
By sisimaanu

Third Person P.O.V

Virata King get ready for the battle against Susharma, in his heart he knew that without Keechaka, his Kingdom is vulnerable but he can't show it on his face. He has to protect his Kingdom even if it means dying in the war. Within the hour, the Matsya army gathered at the city-gates, foot-soldiers, horsemen, chariots and elephants. The King took his place in the leading chariot, at the head of his own army after so long; for it was always Keechaka who led the Matsyas to war. Kanka the gambler appeared at his elbow and said quietly, "My lord, I know how to fight, from horseback or a chariot. I can wield a bow and a sword. Let me ride with you".

The King cried, "Sataneeka, give Kanka a chariot, armor and weapons!"

The gambler said, "Your cook Ballava and Damagranthi and Tantripala, too, are fine warriors. They will be glad of this chance to repay your kindness to them."

Virata said, "Let them be given weapons and chariots. With these four around me I am sure to win the day!"

Kanka was pleased. As they rode out, Yudhishtira told his brothers, "Susharma is a great kshatriya and Virata may well need our help. But stay behind and remember who you are meant to be. Use no astras unless there is dire need and I tell you to". The Matsya force overtook the Trigarta army quickly, since the enemy was slow because of the cattle they had lifted. Moreover, Susharma was eager to avenge himself on Virata and went at his ease. Battle was joined and men fell in thousands. Susharma was surprised. With Keechaka dead, he had not expected such resistance from the Matsyas. The fray was fiercer than either Virata or Kanka had thought. Then Kanka took charge of the Matsya legion. Expertly he formed Virata's warriors into fighting formation: a Garuda vyuha, an eagle phalanx of which only the greatest Senapatis are masters. Kanka had studied the secrets of the vyuhas of battle with Bheeshma and Drona.

At the end of the day, Matysa Kingdom fought with fierceness and they won the battle against Susharma with the help of pandavas. The King sent word of their victory back to his palace. He ordered musicians and dancing-girls brought out and food and wine for all his soldiers. The next day, with the sun, he would re-enter his city in triumph.

Soon the drinking, singing and dancing were underway and the feasting, as well, for they all had a great appetite after the day's battle. Cooks' fires blazed up all over the camp and the mighty Ballava, when he was not seated at Virata's side, flitted from fire to fire, to ensure the king's meat was done to a turn.  

Prakriti P.O.V

Next day, we heard the news that Matsya has won the battle against Trigarta. I smiled internally, when you have leader like Elder Brother, power like Brother Bheem and fierce warrior like twins, you are opt to win any battle you get into. I was happy that my family could help Virata King for what he has done to us in the past year. He has provided us home, gave us respect, this is the least we can do for him and his Kingdom. I was sitting with Uttara in the dancing hall and Prince Uttar was showing his musical skills by playing Veena for us. Arya was standing beside Uttar with a smile on his face. When we arrived here, Uttar never wanted to learn music and dance because he thought only woman do this and he wanted to focus in his fighting skills. When Arya make him understand the importance of arts and told him that even World's greatest archer like Arjuna play Veena then Prince Uttar showed his interest in the instrument and now he can play well. Just then a cowherd entered in the hall with a frantic look on his face "The Kuru army invaded us! They lifted sixty thousand cattle. Your father always says what a fine kshatriya you are; this is your chance to prove him right. Hurry, Uttar Kumar, rescue our herd!" he cried bowing his head towards Younger Prince. I suddenly stood up from the seat, my fist clenched.

Kuru are here!

Arya looked at me and widened his eyes, I sighed and closed my eyes to control the emotions surfacing forward. Prince Uttar put aside his veena. He rose solemnly and he was truly a fine-looking young man. Glancing into a mirror on the wall as he spoke, he said grandly, "I will come to rout the Kuru host!" He paused. "But how shall I ride without a sarathy?" He started telling his war stories about him and his sarathy and how his sarathy dies in the battle. I sighed, that boy is lying through his teeth, how will he fight the Kuru's like this. An idea came in my head. I quickly put Princess Uttara away "The Matsya herd can be saved. I have a sarathy for your brother" I said to her, she looked confused.

"A sarathy, here?"

I nodded my head "Yes. Brihannala was Prince Arjuna's sarathy when the Khandava vana burned. I have heard there is hardly another charioteer like the eunuch". She looked at me like I have lost my mind, "Believe me Princess, this is the only chance to save this Kingdom in the absence of King Virata, you don't know how are Kuru's warrior" I further added to make her understand. She stared at me "Tell the prince to take Brihannala into battle and I swear the Kurus won't stand before them. Why, the Devas and gandharvas would run from the eunuch's chariot" I said, she finally nodded her head and ran towards her brother "Put on your armor, pick up your bow! I have found you a sarathy" she said in excitement. I walked and stand beside the Princess. I gave a nod to Arya who nodded back.

Princes Uttar turned towards his sister "Who is the man?" he asked curiously.

"Manha told me that Brihannala was Prince Arjuna's sarathy in the Khandava vana. He says there is no sarathy on earth like Brihannala" Princess Uttara said moving her gaze towards me. Prince Uttar looked at me and I nodded my head in confirmation "Brihannala is the best".

He looked at the ground "But I am a kshatriya. How can I go into battle with a woman for a sarathy? Not even a woman, but someone who is neither a man nor a woman. Besides, will Brihannala agree?" he mumbled to himself, I stared at Arya and gestured him towards Uttar, he nodded his head and went to Uttar "I will be your sarathy, Prince but won't your enemies laugh if they see me at your chariot-head?" he asked him. "Brihannala, put on armor and be ready to ride" Uttar said at last after mulling over his thoughts and ordered soldiers to fetch armor and weapons for him. One soldier gave the armor to Arya, giggling he received the burnished armor. He struggled with the coat of mail; first putting it on back to front, then dropping it clumsily "I am supposed to wear this? But I don't know how to put it on" he said taking the armor back in his hand. Prince Uttar sighed beside me and I gave a soft chuckle at Arya play. I know what is he trying to do.

"I will help you" I said moving forward and taking the armor in my hand. I put the armor on him and he smiled as I secured it at his back. Since we married, he never put his own armor by himself before battle, It was always me who put it on him. That was his intention from the start so that I could put it on him. I moved backward and looked at him, he looked like a fierce warrior, my eyes shining with pride.

"Come, my prince, I can't wait to see you raze the Kuru host!" he said and they both moved towards the exit. Arya looked behind at me one last time and I gave him a small smile, I know he will win this war. I believe in him. "Brihannala, when my brother has beaten the Kurus, bring me their capes to make clothes for my dolls!" Princess Uttara cried in excitement

Arya called back, "You shall have the Kurus' silks!" and they were gone for the battle. 

I was sitting in the chamber with Princess Uttara, she seemed worried for her brother. "Will they be fine, Manha?" she asked me, I nodded "They will be fine Princess, Prince Uttar is a splendid warrior and he has Brihannala by his side, no harm will be done to him" I said in reassurance, I know they will win, nothing can stop my Arya from winning this battle, not even the greatest warrior of Kuru clan. 

Third Person P.O.V

"Fly Brihannala!" cried Uttara Kumara, as they rode out through the city-gates. "The Kurus thought no kshatriyas remained in our city, but they shall be surprised, friend eunuch."

The way they rode led toward the forest and the burning-ground. They had not gone a half-hour before a vast noise fell on their ears: like the sea makes on a night when the moon is full. Brihannala smiled to himself, but Uttara Kumara cried anxiously, "What is that sound?"

"Only the Kuru army that you mean to burn".

Then, ahead of them they saw Duryodhana's legions: a sea of soldiers, elephants, horses and chariots, their armor and weapons gleaming in the sun, with kshatriyas among them who looked like Gods. Brihannala urged her horses on, but the prince behind him had fallen very quiet. Uttar Kumar's mouth was parched, his hands shook and he was short of breath. "I am terrified, Brihannala! I have never seen warriors like these before. I thought my uncle Keechaka was the greatest kshatriya alive. Each of these Kurus is twice as great as he was and there are so many of them! Indra himself would be afraid of these men; how will I fight them by myself? Eunuch, my body burns, my head spins and I feel faint. Can't you see I am just a boy, sarathy? I cannot fight these awesome men. Turn the chariot round, Brihannala, ride back to our city like the wind!" he wailed turning his terrified gaze towards the Maharathi of Aryavarta. "You are terrified? a while ago, you were the one who told me that you will finish these warriors" Arjuna laughed a little as he saw the scared look on the boy's face. "I don't care, let them take whatever they want, I will not fight them. If you won't turn the chariot back, I will run from here on my own!" Uttar flung his bow on the ground and leaped out of the chariot running towards his home. Arjuna also jumped off the chariot and ran after the Prince. The Kuru clan started laughing at the scene as they looked a little boy running for his life with an Eunuch following behind. 

Arjuna caught up with Prince and seized him in his arms "Don't disgrace your noble birth! It is better to die in battle than run from it" he said, Prince started thrashing in his arms "Let me go, Brihannala, I will give you anything you want, but let me go!"

"I will not let you run away and bring shame upon yourself. If you are afraid, be my sarathy and I will fight the Kauravas. Nothing will harm you and we shall win the day. This isn't a time for cowardice, but glory" Arjuna said and held Uttar firmly in his arms so that he could not escape from him. Finally Uttar get ready to become Arjuna's sarathy and fight the war with him.

Prakriti P.O.V

I was walking in the corridor going towards Princess Uttara chamber, just then I felt an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. My eyes widened, It is Arya pain I was feeling. I turned my way and moved out of the castle going towards the battle. Agyatvasa is over, there is no need for us to hide anymore, I guess it is time I showed Kuru warrior about the power of woman. I exit from the Virata city, my appearance changing back into my true self, I walked towards the north to the battle field. Just then a light came from the sky and I stopped in my track looking at Indra descending on earth with his seven headed horse. He got down from the horse and bowed his head in front of me. "Nature, you are going into the battle, I can not see you walking in it without any chariot or horse so I came down from the heaven to give you my horse, Uchchaihshravas, please accept it" he said joining his hands together. I looked at the seven-headed flying horse, that emerged from churning of the milk ocean, he was very beautiful to look at. "I accept your gift, Indra" I smiled and moved towards the horse patting on his head, he made a neighing sound and nodded his head. I put my foot around and jumped on the horse taking his reign in my hands. I give one last look to Indra and ride towards the battle, my sword materialized in my hand. 

I was near the battle field when I saw Dusasana attacking Arya from behind as he was engaged in the fight with Anga King. Arya's arm was injured and blood was oozing from it. Uttar was wounded as well. I growled ferociously and dust flew around. I threw my sword aiming for Dusasana arm, it struck him there and his bow fell down on the ground. He cried out in pain putting pressure on his wound. Arya eyes moved towards me and he looked at me in surprise. I looked at his wound in fury as my eyes moved towards Anga King who was looking at me in shock. Everyone stopped and stared at me, their eyes moved towards my horse.

"Shall we start!" I smirked a little calling my sword back in my hand.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author Note:

Finally, Prakriti is in battle field against her own family with anger in her eyes. Lets see after thirteen years, how will she control her anger.

Vote and comment your opinion on the chapter :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.5K 1K 92
Uruvi, a golden hearted Princess of Pukeya, tried hard to change her destiny. She did not want to be married to anyone but unwantedly she befriended...
11.7K 593 23
A Prince. A Princess. The Prince falls for the Princess after some mishaps, overcome problems together, and they live happily ever after. Isn't that...
52.1K 2.4K 14
There are two primary choices in life : to accept conditions as they exist or accept responsibility for changing them - Devakinandana Vāsudeva Krishn...
3.6K 248 31
✧ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:*✧ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:*✧ο½₯*✧ο½₯゚:*✧ο½₯゚: πŸ…‚πŸ„΄πŸ…€πŸ…„πŸ„΄πŸ„» πŸ…ƒπŸ„Ύ πŸ„ΊπŸ„°οΏ½...