Twists Of Our Life [Jikook]

By parkmochimm

Jimin and Jungkook are the happily married ideal couple. To the world they are the best made for each other... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 (Flashback 1)
Chapter 42 (Flashback 2)
Chapter 43 (Flashback 3)
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 48

1.2K 101 22
By parkmochimm

*Flash back*

*Three months ago*

Author's POV

"Jungkook where are you?" Jimin asked impatiently, frowning, while checking some files in his hand. He was in his office talking to Jungkook on phone.

"I'm about to reach there baby" Jungkook said while driving. A hand on the steering wheel and other holding his phone. He was going to pick up their daughter from her preschool.

"What do you mean by about to reach? You told me this before too. Why haven't you reached there yet? You were supposed to get her like half an hour ago! She must be crying now. You know how sensitive she is right? She's still not used to us properly. That's why i called and informed you before that i won't be able to pick her up today. Why are yo-"

"Oh God! Jimin sweetie please forgive me. I know I'm late i was stuck in a meeting. I swear I'm about to reach. Just five more minutes okay!!"

"Jungkoo-"

"BYE!" Jungkook ended the call before Jimin could scold him more for being late.

"Aish this brat" Jimin mumbled rubbing his forehead frustrated, shaking his head at his husband's silliness.

Just a month and a half ago the couple adopted a little three year old girl. They had been thinking about this for a while and finally decided to go for it. They had no idea about the kid's past since the orphanage authorities themselves didn't have any idea. They found the girl one day near their orphanage all bruised and beaten up, is what they said

The girl caught Jimin's attention at first sight itself and he decided that she'll be their daughter. The girl seemed to be very afraid of humans. She only allowed the caretaker of the orphanage to go near her. She would either run away or start crying whenever someone else tried to approach her.

Jimin and Jungkook felt even more bad for the poor little girl. They knew adopting her and taking care of her would be a challenge but they believed it was worth it.

It was very difficult to make her open up or let alone speak to them even after bringing her home and keeping her with them for a week; but finally after many failed attempts and approaches the girl started opening upto them. And after sometime, she accepted them as her parents. Jungkook swore his heart skipped multiple beats when 'Yoona' their daughter first called him 'dad' while Jimin almost teared up when she called him, 'appa'

Sometime later, they decided it was time for her to start getting education and play with others. So far, she only stayed or talked to them and just like before, she would run away from others. Even though they were aware that it's been just a month since Yoona came into their life, they needed her to play and be cheerful like other kids of her age and hence they decided to enrol her in preschool.

She would give a hard time to the people running the preschool as they would often call Jimin or Jungkook saying she started crying and is wanting to see her fathers no matter what. It was jimin who used to drop and pick her up from her preschool; but today, he had to attend an important meeting. So here Jungkook was, driving on the road like crazy, being careless. He only cared about reaching there asap and get his kid.

"HEY! Slow down young man. Do you wanna die or what?!" he heard an old man yelling at him for driving carelessly. Jungkook cursed under his breath when he got a call from the preschool teacher of Yoona. He knew she must be crying and waiting for him to pick her up. Jungkook started driving more fast not giving any shit about rules.

After a while, Jimin who was getting ready to leave his office got a call from an unknown number. He frowned and answered the call.

"Hello? Is this Mr. Jeon Jungkook's husband?" Jimin heard a female voice talking from other side.

"Yes, I'm his husband, Jeon Jimin"

"Your husband got into an accident. Please come to the hospital asap"

"WHAT?!"

-----------

Jimin immediately rushed to the hospital after hearing the news. While coming here, he had to get Yoona out of the preschool as he knew she wouldn't go anywhere with anyone even if Jimin would ask any of his hyungs or Taehyung to bring her. And on top of that, he didn't know how much time it will take in the hospital. He didn't want his daughter to cry her eyes out till he comes back.

Jimin ran towards the receptionist with Yoona in his arms. He looked like he was trying his best to stay calm and not break into tears. Panting heavily, tears flowing down his face he asked, "J-Jeon Jungkook!"

"Second floor, in the ICU" the receptionist said

Jimin's heart skipped when he heard what she said. Without thinking twice, he ran upstairs praying for his husband's health.

Upon reaching there, Jimin saw the ICU room at the far end of the hall. Jimin ran towards it screaming Jungkook's name when a nurse came out of the room stopping him.

"Sir you can't get inside"

"P-please it's my husband! Please let me in. JUNGKOOK!" Jimin shouted with tears. He kept calling Jungkook's name.

"I'm sorry sir, you are not allowed to go in there. Don't worry he was brought here on time and the surgery was started early even without your signatures as the doctor seems to know you. Please calm down and you need to give your signatures"

"B-but Jungkook..."

"Please understand sir" the nurse requested him.

Jimin wiped off his tears and nodded. He went with the nurse to fill the details.

Jimin immediately came back after finishing what he was asked to do. He sat on the bench near the ICU where his husband was struggling for his life. Yoona was peacefully sleeping all this time in his arms, head rested on his shoulders.

A tear escaped his eyes as he closed them and leaned back his head until it touched the wall behind him. He was breathing heavily as he was trying not to burst out crying. Jimin bit his lip looking up at the ceiling with unstoppable tears making their way out of his eyes. He covered his mouth with his one free hand to not let out a sob, afraid that he might wake the sleeping girl up.

But it was too late as Yoona squirmed in his arms. She looked up at Jimin who immediately wiped off his tears and forced a smile looking at the little girl, "Why did you wake up Yoona? Go back to sleep" he said sofly, sniffling every now and then while patting her back to make her sleep.

Even if he tried his best to not shed tears in front of his daughter, he failed. No matter what, his fears were making his eyes well up with taers which eventually the little girl in his arms noticed.

"Don't cry Appa" she whispered sofly, wiping off the tears that made their way out of Jimin's eyes and hugged him, wrapping her slender arms around his neck, resting her head on his shoulder.

Jimin wrapped both his arms around her petite waist and just like her, he rested his head on her tiny shoulders, crying silently.

Few minutes later, Yoona jumped out of his arms and decided to sit on the bench beside him. Even though, she was very young, she somehow understood that his appa's arms must me hurting because of hours of holding her.

Soon, the hyungs and Taehyung came running, after Jimin called and informed them. Seeing them, Jimin stood up while Taehyung immediately engulfed his best friend into a warm hug which Jimin needed the most. He cried in his arms. Jin was rubbing his back while Hoseok was patting his head. Namjoon and Yoongi were looking at him with eyes full of worry.

Jin was the first to break the silence as he desperately wanted to know how jungkook was doing, "Jimin! How's he?" Jin asked.

Jimin sniffled one last time before pulling away from Taehyung's arms. He wipped off his tears and answered,"I-I don't know hyung. They aren't saying anything. I don't know what's happening in there; they won't even l-let me in"

Jimin closed his eyes and palmed his face with both of his hands crying silently.

"Jimin please calm down. Everything will be okay. You know he's strong right?" Hoseok said reassuringly.

After what felt like an eternity the door of the ICU was opened, making everyone stand up and run towards the doctor who came out looking exhausted and sad. The tall handsome male had a frown on his face. Jimin immediately recognized who he was. It was Minho— his friend.

Jimin ran towards him and started shaking him vigorously, "M-Minho! How's Jungkook?! H-he's fine right? Nothing happened to him right? Why did you take so long? I can go and see him right? I want to go an-"

Minho cut him off by placing a hand on his shoulders, giving him a look that Jimin couldn't understand.

"Jimin he has managed to survive..." Minho started which made everyone release a breath they were holding

Jimin smiled gratefully looking at his friend, but his smile soon vanished when Minho started talking again.

".....but there's one problem" Minho said making everyone hold their breaths once again.

Minho looked hesistant for a minute but he had to say it, "Due to severe injury to the brain and internal bleeding.... Jungkook.... He's in coma"

Jimin's whole world came crashing down. He stumbled backwards and was about to fall but luckily Taehyung managed to catch him.

"Jimin!" Taehyung exclaimed.

Jimin looked at Minho shaking his head, refusing to believe him.

"Jimin please cal-" Minho tried to say but was cut off by Jimin.

"How long?! W-when will he wake up?" Jimin asked.

Minho looked at everyone's hopeful face which made him immediately look down with a sad expression. He couldn't give them false hopes. He had to say truth.

"Maybe days, weeks, months, years or..... Never" Minho answered

Jimin let out a painful sob. His heart was hurting like hell. Taehyung turned Jimin towards him and engulfed him into a hug. Jimin buried his face and started sobbing.

Minho stepped forward to rub Jimin's back soothingly.

Jimin felt someone hugging his legs. He pulled away to see Yoona hugging him looking scared of everyone. He almost forgot that Yoona still isn't used to any of them except him. Even though the little girl has met the hyungs and Taehyung many times, she's still scared of everyone.

Jimin let out another sob looking at the little girl who was looking up at him with pleading eyes to lift her up. For a while, Jimin wondered how he will live without his husband now when he has a little daughter to take care of.

Jimin lifted her up into his arms who immediately wrapped her arms around his neck hugging him tightly.

Minho patted Jimin's shoulder and said, "You have to stay strong Jimin. For your husband, for Yoona, you have to stay strong"

Everyone agreed, nodding to what Minho said.

Jimin too wiped off his tears stained face, sniffling and nodding with a determined look.

"I will"

*End of flashback*

------------

*Present time*

Jimin was running his hands through Jungkook's soft locks soothingly, who calmed down after a while and was now sleeping peacefully.

Jimin had a disturbed look on his face just like the others present in the room. Taehyung told them what the doctor said to him which made everyone look at Jungkook with pain. Jimin was biting his lips thinking about what he will say to Jungkook after he wakes up.

After a while, Jungkook stirred in his sleep and slowly opened his eyes, blinking away the sudden bright light of the room which was making his eyes hurt.

Jungkook felt soft hands caressing his cheek. Jungkook moved his head to his side to see Jimin looking at him with a small smile.

Jungkook sat up with the help of Jimin who moved from his chair to sit on the bed in front of Jungkook.

Before Jungkook could ask anything, Jimin asked, "Do you know why you are here?"

Jungkook shook his head not knowing the reason.

Jimin and others knew Jungkook didn't know why he was here as Minho had said there might be a possibility of Jungkook forgetting the events that happened just before he blacked out.

"Three months ago... You got into an accident Jungkook and went into coma. And... Whatever you were saying about that doctor and nurse who came in, was your dream when you were in coma, Jungkook"

Jimin explained, looking at Jungkook to read his face; to try and see what the latter was thinking.

Jungkook's eyes widened for a moment while he was looking at Jimin in disbelief. He looked at his hyungs who nodded their head agreeing to Jimin. Jungkook looked back at Jimin and wrapped his arms around him, resting his head on Jimin's chest without uttering a word.

This small information itself was too much for him. His head was starting to hurt now. Jungkook grabbed Jimin's hand and placed it on his own head to make Jimin massage his head while still hugging him.

Jimin smiled and gently started rubbing his head. Jungkook was looking like a cute baby right now who was asking for love and warmth from Jimin.

Jimin kissed his head and placed his chin on top of Jungkook's head. The others had left already to give them privacy and also they were tired as they always come to hospital to see Jungkook directly from their jobs.

"You know... You scared us all.." jimin said sofly with his calming voice which made Jungkook close his eyes and lean on him more.

"I'm making you sleep on the couch for a week as a punishment" Jimin said pouting which made Jungkook chuckle while still keeping his eyes closed.

"You know, our hyungs and Taehyung come here to check on you everyday. We should thank them properly once you are free to go from here. And you know what?! Our baby is not that anti social anymore. She has made many friends. You know Yoona always come here to see how you are doing. She would always ask, when you are going to wake up. Just sometime before you woke up, our neighbor came to get her. See, Yoona gets along with everyone now!!" Jimin said stroking Jungkook's head gently.

"Jimin..." Jungkook called.

"Hm?"

"Who is Yoona?"

-to be continued
-----------------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

284K 10.2K 38
A TAEKOOK FANFICTION.......🐯🐰 In Which Kim Taehyung And Jeon Jungkook Are Forced To Get Married. But Taehyung Have Already A Girlfriend And He Love...
129K 7.2K 34
Jimin watched love of his life holds hands with his sister and shares passionate kisses. Well , adopted sister to be exact but eversince she came to...
2.1K 164 3
𝐋ove is weakest when there is more doubt & insecurity than trust, but love is strongest when we learn to trust in spite of insecurities. Andthis is...
265K 13.8K 25
By Marrying a Complete Stranger, what Jungkook is expecting.. A beautiful life with all Giggles and Happiness?? A sweet Gentlemanly husband who treat...