Son of the Boss

By MB2697

⟡ ⟡ ⟡ His eyes seem to glaze over as something unsettling flashes across his face. I don't know what it is bu... More

R O L E P L A Y
San Diego
Alessio
New Girl
Crossfire
Chances
Morning After
Romano
Masquerade
Acceptance
Sweet Eighteen
Welcome Home
Omertà
Forgive and Forget
Brothers
Vendetta
You
Thirst
Promotion
New York
Betrayed
Heartbreak
Secrets
Mine
Graduation
Promise
Goodbye Friend
Traitor
RIP
Happily Ever After...?
Epilogue
Author's Note

Leverage

1.1K 37 5
By MB2697

O L I V I A

"Ahh! She's awake."

I blink through the dark and try to focus my vision. I can't make out who is in front of me but it looks like I'm in some kind of warehouse.

"Where am I?" I ask weakly.

"Don't worry about all the details right now, love."

Someone steps towards me wearing a ski mask with a phone in his hands.

"W-who are you? What's going on?" I panic.

"I'm offended you don't remember me." He smiles and flashes his gold teeth. "I've missed you."

"Jesús."

He grabs a chair and pulls it up. "I've been waiting for this, Olivia. I thought I could get my hands on you when you ran away to New York, but Alessio has made it pretty difficult."

"I have nothing to do with this!" I shout desperately.

He nods, "I know that. You are my...leverage."

"Leverage for what?"

"Obviously to get Alessio here," He says and pulls a knife from his pocket. "When he gets word that I have you he'll be here quickly."

"You won't win this."

He points the end of the knife at me. "What do you know? You are just some random girl who got mixed up with a mafia family."

"I know enough," I argue back. "Alessio's family is dangerous."

"Yet you stay with him," He laughs. "He kills people for fun and you stay with him. They decapitate humans and pour acid on their bodies. Do you like the idea of that?"

My stomach turns at his words. "You aren't better."

"Oh, I know I'm no better," He says simply. "I at least admit that I'm a bad man with very, very bad intentions."

"What do you want from me?"

"I want your boyfriend to give himself up to save you," He folds his arms behind his head. "Plus, I'm not the only one who needs you for something."

"What?"

A light illuminates something behind him and I spot two people tied up to chairs with duct tape on their mouths.

I try to squint through the poor lighting and realize who they are.

"Oh my god."

My parents.

"Please! Let them go!" I beg him. "They have nothing to do with this."

"This isn't for me," Jesús says and looks over his shoulder. "It's for him"

A man steps up next to him in a long trench coat and hat. Something about him looks oddly familiar as I take him in.

"I know you," I say oddly. "I've seen you before."

"That you have," He tips his fedora. "Nice to see you, Olivia."

"What do you want? Why are you here?"

"I'm a long time friend of the Roman's," He begins and pulls his gloves off. "I'm sure Alessio has mentioned my name. You can call me Dr. Tobias."

I stare at him in shock as he removes his hat. He looks over at me and I realize immediately why I recognize him so well.

Something about his voice struck a memory in me again and I realized why.

He's the man from that night. He's the man who attacked me in the alleway.

He was at the prom.

It's him.

"It was you." I say bluntly. "I saw you in the alleyway all those years ago...you were at my prom,"

"I was instructed to handle you," He says simply. "It was nothing personal."

"I was only twelve years old!" I shout and fight against the rope. "What the fuck is wrong with you! You attacked me!"

"The reason I also needed you here tonight is because of him," Tobias says and looks at my dad. "Your father is not who you think he is."

I look over at the both of them in confusion. My mom's face is covered in tears as she stares back at me. My dad doesn't take his eyes off of Tobias as he moves closer to them.

"Dad? What the fuck does he mean?"

He stares back at me and shakes his head. His eyes are full of shame.

"Do you know anything about your family history?" Tobias asks. "Has your dad ever told you anything about his past?"

"I don't...I don't understand."

"Interesting. Why don't we have daddy tell you himself."

Jesús reaches over and rips the duck tape from my fathers lips. He groans out in pain as the skin on his lips tear.

"Dad? What's happening?" I beg him. Mom looks over at him and cries harder from the blood pooling on his mouth.

"I'm so sorry you two are in this," He says sadly. "This is my past catching up to me."

"What do you mean?" I look over at my mother but she seems just as confused.

"I wanted to keep this from the both of you," He explains and looks at mom. "I really am so sorry, Susan."

"Dad...I don't understand."

"Years before I met your mother I was living in Moscow with my father. My birth name was Ivan Kuzentsov and I was born and raised in Moscow until I turned sixteen. My father was the boss of a very big organization...a lot like the Romano's." He begins and looks over at me.

I stare back at him in shock. I don't know how to process what he's even saying.

Jesús walks over again and pulls the tape from my mom's lips. She cries out in pain and spits the blood at him.

"Daniel, I don't understand," She shakes her head. "What are you trying to say?"

"My father, Edgar, was the leader of the Moscow mafia. It was all I ever knew of him and I spent years under the organization," His head hangs in shame. "When you met me, I had found my escape but he kept finding ways to suck me back into his life when he needed my help."

"Sucked back in?"

"When Olivia was three and I told you I had to go on that week long business trip, I wasn't really in North Carolina."

"Where the fuck were you, Daniel!" Mom shouts angrily.

"I flew to Moscow to meet up with him. I never wanted you to know anything of my life there or who my father was." He looks over at her sadly. "We flew to Sicily together with his team because he wanted to facilitate an attack on Adolfo Romano's estate. He wasn't there when Edgar entered the home."

"Oh my god," I say in shock. "Your dad killed Alessio's mother."

"He did and I'm so sorry," Dad looks at Tobias. "I didn't want her hurt and I sure as fuck didn't want to be there. The only way I could have my life with you Susan was to be there when he needed me. I had to help get them in so they could catch them off guard. They weren't expecting Edgar to retaliate the way he did."

"Adolfo was always loyal to Edgar," Tobias snaps at him. "The day your father killed her was the day he sealed his fate."

"I'm just telling you what I know...what he wanted us to know," He continues. "All we ever knew was the treaty was broken."

"What happened to Edgar then?" I ask him.

The guards killed him," Tobias responds. "He knew he wouldn't make it out alive. The moscow mafia has never been able to compare to the Romano's."

I look back at Tobias. "Why was I even targeted then? I knew nothing about my father's past."

"Revenge."

"Olivia has nothing to do with this!" Dad shouts and Tobias turns to hit him with the back of his gun.

He grunts in pain and spits blood at the floor.

"Shut the fuck up, Ivan!"

"Why did we move here, Daniel?" Mom asks him. "I want the truth."

He looks over at her weakly. "A truce, Susan. Adolfo wanted a large cut of Vector's profits because they have been run by the Moscow mafia for fifty years now. They use it as a front to move illegal products safely."

"So you don't do the work you even say you do?" She shook her head in disbelief. "I don't know what to believe anymore."

"I'm sorry, Susan."

"Why would you involve my daughter and I in this, Daniel!" She shouts at him again. "What have you done!"

"I don't know what else to say, Susan. I'm so fucking sorry.

She looks at me and all emotion drains from her. "I hate you."

Dad looks over at her but doesn't say another word as the reality of her words sink in.

"Why are you even partnered up with him then?" I ask Tobias and look at Jesús.

Tobias clears his throat. "There's something else nobody aside from Adolfo knows. I'm his younger brother and the only full blood brother."

"W-what? I thought Michele and Mateo-"

"They only share a father." Tobias reminds me. "Adolfo and I came from the same father and mother."

"So...what does that even mean? What does that have to do with you two working together?"

He laughs darkly, "Jesús and I both want something similar. He wants revenge and I...well...I want Alessio out of my way."

"He's your family!"

"Adolfo doesn't want him to lead this family," He begins. "When we were younger, I was left with our mother and Adolfo was torn away to become next in life for don. He never wanted Alessio to be the next don."

"Why even waste his time then? Why wouldn't he just admit who you really are?"

"He's weak," Tobias shrugs. "It's always the son who becomes next to take over. It has been that way for hundreds of years but Alessio has failed again and again. His fate is what he deserves for his disloyalty."

He continues, "He also broke Omerta, didn't he?"

I feel myself grow cold and look away from him. "You can kill me but just leave Alessio out of this. Get your revenge on me and become don."

Tobias backs up for a moment laughing before he turns around and slaps me painfully across the face. My head whips to the side and I taste blood in my mouth.

"You're such a dumb little girl," He scolds me. "Let's see how you like it when I hit mommy."

"Don't! Don't fucking touch her!" I scream at him.

"Please!" Dad cries out. "Please...just kill me! Please don't touch my wife."

Tobias lowers to his level and nudges his gun under his chin. "That would be too easy for you, Ivan."

"Don't let them suffer for my family's mistakes."

"Wouldn't it only be fair though? Eye for an eye?" Tobias smiles.

He turns and points the gun directly at my gun. I scream in horror as he rests it against her head and try to break through the rope.

"I'm begging you."

Tobias stares back at him amused as he digs the gun further into her head. Tears stream down her face and I just sit there helpless.

There's nothing I can do. I can't save her.

"Goodbye, dear," Tobias taunts and drags the gun down her cheek. "I'm sorry it had to end this way."

She stares back at me with her big blue eyes and I feel my stomach squeeze. Tobias looks over at my dad as a loud gunshot rings out around us.

I squeeze my eyes shut tight and try to not look at whatever lies before me.

"What the fuck!"

I open my eyes and realize there's a thick smoke building between us followed by the sound of something metal scattering across the floor. The gun Tobias had is on the floor and I can see him holding his leg in pain.

"Mom! Dad!" I scream as the smoke thickens.

"We're here!" Dad shouts back and coughs. "She's okay, Olivia!"

I look around desperately as flashes of light shine through the room as several more rounds of gunfire ring out.

"I got you."

I jump and look up as a pair of hands touch my hands to un tie them. The person moves around the chair wearing a gas mask.

"Who...who?" I cough as they press a mask to my face.

"It's Anna. Just hang on."

I nod weakly as she slips a knife under the rope and helps me stand up from the chair.

I breathe deep through the mask and feel my chest burning. I try to look around for my parents but can't see what is even a foot in front of me.

"Where are my parents?" I ask her.

"Meeting us at the van," She grabs my hand. "We have to get out of here before they go off."

"Time before what?"

"The bombs."

"B-bombs?" I say in horror.

"Yes, Olivia. Alessio has to blow the building up."

She pulls the two of us through a door and I hear several more automatic rounds of gunfire behind us followed by someone screaming.

"Where did Tobias go?"

"We'll handle it," She says and rips the mask off. Her face covered in dirt. "I'm so sorry, Olivia. We had no idea he was involved."

"Did you all...hear everything?"

"Not everything," She shakes her head. "Why?"

"Uh-" I start but there's a sound of something exploding. The building next to us shakes violently and she grabs me by the elbow.

"We need to go now!"

"Will Alessio be okay?" I panic as we rush towards the black van.

The door slides open and an unfamiliar man with an automatic rifle helps us inside.

"Olivia!" I hear my mom cry and spot her tucked behind him next to my dad.

"I'm so glad you are okay!" I cry and wrap her in my arms.

My dad looks over from the corner of the van. His face is covered in black and blue bruises. "I'm so sorry, Olivia."

I scoot in between the two of them and rest my head on his shoulder. "I forgive you."

"I should've protected you two better." He shakes his head. "I should've stopped you from being around the Romano's."

"Dad." I start and he looks down at me. "I know who he is and I love him."

My mom looks at me in horror. "Olivia, you can't be part of his life, hunny."

"I've already been in his life, mom. He makes me happy and he protects me." I tell them both. "I'm in love with him."

They both look at each other and sigh.

"We'll talk more later," Mom says quietly. I nod my head and lean over onto her shoulder.

The drive to the Romano house is quick and Anna motions for me to get out of the car with her.

"What about my parents?" I ask her.

"They'll be safer at the house for now. We have six different guards watching." She tells me.

I look back at mom and dad. "Are you guys going to be okay?"

"Yes, hunny. We love you."

"I love you too." I tell them and give them both a hug. "I'll see you guys soon."

The door closes and I watch as it speeds down the road and disappears into the dark."

Anna and I look back up towards the mansion and it's eerily quiet and dark.

"Did everyone go?" I ask her.

"No," She shakes her head in confusion and looks at the guard next to her. "Something feels off..."

He looks at her and waits for her instruction.

"I want a full security check on everyone now."

She pulls some bags out of the van and nods towards the house. "Stay close to me."

We head up the stairs together and walk through the double glassdoors. The entire house is dark and there doesn't seem to be anyone around.

I've never seen it so dark and empty before.

"Don't move!" Anna hisses and immediately disappears down a dark hallway.

"Wait!" I call after her. "I can't see."

I start waving my hands around wildly and try to feel for anything that seems familiar. I probably look dumb as hell trying to find my way through the massive pitch-black room.

"Anna!" I hiss out again.

I tiptoe slowly across the marble floor and listen to the sound of my own footsteps. I feel the edge of the couch.

"Living Room," I announce to myself and walk around to the front.

I find the arm of it and try to make my way to the seat.

My hand touches something that feels like slack pants.

It's a leg.

I gasp and jump backward. "Hello?"

The figure on the couch shifts a little and I can make out the silhouette just barely through the darkness.

"Alessio?"

"Not exactly." The deep voice replies.

I try to turn to run from whoever it is just as I smack right into a new person. Something comes down over my head and I'm suddenly tossed over a shoulder.

Just my fucking luck.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369K 5.9K 54
[Not Edited] He's ruthless every man wants to be him or the fear him, every women wants to fuck him. He has the largest mafia he could kill anyone i...
959K 3.8K 8
**** Mature content**** "You wanna know why I'm angry?" He said in between the kisses. "Because of you" He said as he continued and my body tensed a...
1.4M 39.4K 44
[Originally published in 2018 but deleted twice in 2021] [This is the first book of the "Mrs. Mafia" trilogy] Arabella Bianchi was born into the mafi...
93.1K 1.4K 100
When Elsa Jones, a collage student with a normal life becomes friends with the new girl Elena Giovanni who happens to be the daughter of a Mafia lead...