Son of the Boss

By MB2697

⟡ ⟡ ⟡ His eyes seem to glaze over as something unsettling flashes across his face. I don't know what it is bu... More

R O L E P L A Y
San Diego
Alessio
New Girl
Crossfire
Chances
Morning After
Romano
Masquerade
Acceptance
Sweet Eighteen
Welcome Home
Omertà
Forgive and Forget
Brothers
Vendetta
You
Thirst
Promotion
New York
Betrayed
Heartbreak
Secrets
Mine
Graduation
Leverage
Goodbye Friend
Traitor
RIP
Happily Ever After...?
Epilogue
Author's Note

Promise

1.2K 39 3
By MB2697

A L E S S I O

"Would you like to explain what happened, Mr. Romano?"

I glance up at the light annoyingly swinging overhead. Officer Harrison is sitting across from me with his notebook in hand doing the same shit he always does.

"Sir, I already told you I was out of state with Olivia and her friend celebrating graduation."

His lips form a tight line. "So you just go out of state the same night there is a massive explosion that occurs on your family's estate."

"I don't know what else to tell you," I sigh and pull out a cigar. "May I?"

He leans over with his lighter to ignite the end. I puff on it for a moment and let the smoke cloud up in between us.

"Do you know of anyone targeting your family right now?"

"No, sir."

He puts his pen down. "This doesn't just happen, Alessio. There were multiple families camping in the woods that evening when it happened."

"And did any of them report seeing someone flee the scene?" I ask and blow a smoke ring.

"No, but there is clearly something going on here."

"Ask my father then," I ash the cigar on the table. "Adolfo may be your man with all the answers."

"Look, you little shit!" He snaps and knocks the cigar from my hand. "I know your family is up to something, Romano. You all think you are so smart but I've heard about you out there on the streets. You are no good and I'll get the upper hand soon enough to lock your asses away for good."

I pick up the cigar from the table and take another puff. "I'll be waiting then, sir."

He glares at me and swipes the smoke away from his face before standing up from his chair. "If you have information, call me."

I stand up and grab my jacket. "Of course."

"Yeah," He looks at me strangely. "Any information on my boy, Romano?"

"No, sir. Nothing new. I'm sure he will show up soon enough."

"We'll be in touch, Alessio. Make sure Olivia knows the same." He folds his arms. "I'm not like these other cops here. I know when something is going on."

"Of course, you aren't sir. Have a wonderful rest of your day." I say respectfully and step out from the room as the door slams.

"Ooo," Anna muses from her seat. "Tough crowd, huh?"

"I guess so," I passed her a cigarette. "Nothing we haven't been through before."

"I can't say I blame him," She starts as we head out towards the car. "It's not like every day you hear about a local billionaire's mansion under attack."

"Any word yet?"

"Well, we're lucky nobody died but clearly Jesus is getting closer. He's probably still using someone else so he doesn't have to get his hands dirty."

"Thought so,"I ran my fingers through my hair. "We'll get him. I swear."

She leans against the car. "What if he's not even in California?"

"I'm sure of it. He wouldn't want to miss the show."

I'll take your word for it. What's the plan for today?"

"Giovanni and I have some stuff to handle, but I need you to go with Beto."

"Why Giovanni?" She groans.

"He's over 250 pounds of pure muscle and good with a glock." I shrug.

"Whatever! I'll see you at Olivia's party." She says to me in hops in her.

I watch as she pulls away from the lot and lean against my car, phone to my ear.

"Giovanni...Be ready. We attack in thirty minutes."

O L I V I A

"Oh my goodness! Olivia! This looks amazing."

"You think so?" I smile at her. "We found a lot of this at the dollar store."

"It looks really good, plus I'm going to gain another 10 pounds with all this candy." She pops another smartie in her mouth. "Now hand me some decorations so I can help."

I point to the box of stuff behind her.

"So...how have you been feeling? With...everything?" I ask her.

She picks up some streamers."Alright, I guess. The morning sickness comes and goes, but I've already gained some weight and I'm not even in my second trimester."

"Have you decided when to tell your parents?"

She shakes her head, "I've been going to the doctor before work but I'll tell them soon."

"What about Joe? He needs to know too."

"I know...you said after the party. I'm keeping my word, I'm just nervous." She sighs and sits on the floor.

I sit next to her and hold her close."You can do this, Kimberly. Joe loves you."

"You're right, I know he does."

"Love you!" I lean my head against her shoulder as the front door opens. I hear a bunch of familiar New York accents hit me like a truck as we're ambushed by everyone running up the stairs with gifts.

"Olivia!"

"Hey! Oh my god!" I shout and am nearly knocked over by all of them.

I look around at them as they all hold me close and cry happy tears. Aunt Macy and Amy came and they even brought Cleo and Katherine along.

"I've missed you so much!" Cleo cries out and wraps her arms around my neck. "I can't believe it's been so long already."

It feels like it's been years since I've seen her face. Unlike Amy, Cleo was a friend I had since birth because her mom was best friends with my mom since high school. She kind of stands out from the group with her baby pink hair and lip rings.

She's always been a really good friend though and recently came back home from studying abroad in France.

"I'm so glad you're here!" I tell her and turn to greet Katherine.

She runs up to me with tears pouring down her cheeks and gives me a big hug.

"I missed you so much, girl! We have to catch up!" She says and flips her long red hair back. "I really can't believe this is your new place! It is huge."

"Right!" I laugh at her expression.

"So," Amy interjects and pushes between the two of them. "Is this rich Alessio coming tonight? We REALLY loved his plane, by the way."

I nod," He is and he'll be bringing his siblings and cousin."

"Male cousin and brother?" Amy winks.

"Yes." I groan out.

"I can't handle so much sexy in one room!"

"Amy, you have a boyfriend." Cleo glares at her.

"I'm just looking!"

"Aunt Macy! How are you feeling?" I turn my attention towards her and realize she's still on her crutch. "Are you healing okay?"

She kisses my cheek. "I'm doing okay, I missed you so much!"

"Mind if I interrupt?"

Everyone turns as the Romano's enter the home. Anna looks beautiful as always with her hair in curls and White dress suit.

The boys were all in matching Black slacks and long sleeve shirts. I don't think I've ever seen Giovanni in anything but a tank top or shirtless.

Alessio caught my eyes immediately. He looked so amazing tonight. He was freshly shaven and his hair slicked back with gel.

I couldn't get over how perfect he was. Everything about him was so addicting and surreal.

"Ladies, I'd like you to meet the Romano's. This is Anna, Giovanni, Beto...and Alessio." I say as I introduce them.

The girls stare at them in complete shock. I feel like forever passes before someone finally speaks up.

"Drinks?" Amy smiles and her eyes stay on Beto.

Anna moves around the boys. "Please and thank you."

Alessio walks up to me and his hands find my hips. "How are you?"

I push up to meet his lips. "Better now that you made it."

"Ew!" Beto fake gags from behind. "Get a room."

Alessio laughs against my mouth and continues to kiss me hard. I feel electricity run through my body and want more.

I needed him now.

"Thank you everyone for coming!" I turn at the sound of mom's voice. "We are thrilled to be celebrating our only daughter and closest friends starting the next chapters in their lives tonight."

Dad steps out from the hall to stand next to her. I notice he spots the Romano's and something strange flashes across his face.

I glance up at Alessio but he stays watching my mom speak.

"Please enjoy the night!" She smiles and raises her glass. "Tonight I'll turn the other cheek, Olivia, but don't get too wild on us."

I roll my eyes and hold up my champagne along with everyone else. Kimberly holds up her Dr. Pepper from the sofa with a miserable expression.

"Cheers!"

Mom walks around as everyone disperses to chat and eat. "I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you," I hug her close. "I don't want to leave you guys in a few months."

"I know, baby," She smiles sadly. "You are going to do so amazing though!"

"Thanks, mom." I hold her hands.

"We're going to turn in early, but you all have fun." She hugs me again and tears start to flow. "I just can't believe you graduated high school."

"Honey, let the girl have her fun." Dad chuckles from her side. "Congratulations, kiddo." He wraps his arms around me tightly.

"Thanks dad, I love you."

He pulls back and kisses my cheek quickly before straightening back up and watching Alessio. I feel the room almost vibrate with the tension between them.

I turn back towards Alessio as my parents walk upstairs. "Are you ever going to explain why he looks at you like that?"

"It's nothing."

"Don't lie to me!" I scoff and cross my arms. "You saw his face."

"He isn't a huge fan of the family."

"Seems like it's mostly you." I point out.

"Olivia," He sighs and cups my face. "Enjoy the night, love."

"Fine."

"Joe! You came!"

I look over as Kim springs up from the cough and runs right into Joe's arms. He holds her close and kisses her.

"Of course! I wouldn't miss this for the world." He laughs and reaches over to do a bro bump with Alessio. "Nice to see you man."

"Likewise."

Kim looks over at me and I offer her a reassuring smile. She looks back up at Joe nervously.

"Can I talk to you real quick alone?"

"Is everything okay?" He frowns.

"Yes, let's just go chat."

She looks back at Alessio and I with her eyes wide before they exit through the front door together and step onto the porch.

"What's that about?" Alessio teases in my ear.

"Kimberly is breaking the news now."

"The pregnancy?"

"Quiet!"

"Oh, stop." He snickers and leans his head against mine. "Come with me."

"Where to?"

Everyone around us is dancing to the pop music my mom put on and drinking. Amy is very noticeably flirting it up with Beto and it looks like Katherine is trying to get somewhere with Giovanni but he is too busy flexing his muscles to care.

"They won't miss up," He says in my ear. "We'll be fast, love."

He guides me through the kitchen and out onto the balcony. I shiver as the breeze blows over the both of us and he wraps his suit jacket around my shoulders.

We embrace one another silently and stare up at the moon.

"Beautiful tonight." He whispers.

"It is."

"You're more beautiful though."

"Liar."

"I mean it," He turns me towards him and tilts my face up. "I love you, Olivia."

"I love you too-"

"Wait," He stops me with a kiss. "I love you and...I know I scared you when I said I want to marry you, but-"

"Alessio, please not tonight."

"Just wait!" He begs and clamps his hand over my mouth. "As I was saying, I know I said I want to marry you and that scared you. So..."He pulls something from his pant pocket. "I want to give you something that represents our love and dedication to one another. No engagement just yet though so don't freak out."

"What do you mean?"

He holds up a box. "This...this is not an engagement ring, but it is a promise...that you will be my wife one day."

"A promise ring?"

He opens the lid to reveal the most gorgeous ring I've ever seen. It is a gorgeous diamond laid in a silver band. He turns it over to show the words "Today, Tomorrow, Always" engraved on the inside."

"What do you think?"

"It's beautiful, Alessio. Thank you." I look up at him in admiration."This is...amazing."

He cups my face in his hands again and kisses me slowly. I feel his hands cup around my butt as he hooks my legs around his waist.

He dips me backwards playfully and kisses down my neck. I laugh wildly and slap at him as he puts me back on my feet.

"Try it on." He nuzzles my cheek.

I hold my hand out to him so he can slide it onto my finger. He holds my hand under the soft glow of the moonlight as we admire it together.

"It's perfect." I smile at him.

His phone rings loudly in his pocket causing the both of us to jump a little. He pulls it out and says something quickly in Italian.

He leans down and kisses my head. "I'll be right back."

"I'm okay! Take your time."

I watch as he walks through the sliding door and a stream of angry Italian words flow from him as it shuts.

I lean my arms over the balcony railing and stare up at the moon. Everything felt so perfect tonight.

I had all of my friends here, my family, and my perfect boyfriend.

Nothing could ruin this moment.

"Olivia?"

"Yeah?" I turn towards the voice with a big smile.

Someone cloaked in black steps towards me quickly with a white cloth. I don't even have time to scream before their hand closes over my face and everything goes dark.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 109 6
TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ ⛔️!! MATURE AUDIENCE ONLY 18+!!! After three, long months in Puerto Rico, Katarina is ready to go back to the city that never sle...
93K 1.4K 100
When Elsa Jones, a collage student with a normal life becomes friends with the new girl Elena Giovanni who happens to be the daughter of a Mafia lead...
367K 5.9K 54
[Not Edited] He's ruthless every man wants to be him or the fear him, every women wants to fuck him. He has the largest mafia he could kill anyone i...
1.4M 39.4K 44
[Originally published in 2018 but deleted twice in 2021] [This is the first book of the "Mrs. Mafia" trilogy] Arabella Bianchi was born into the mafi...