ⁱˡᵒᵐⁱˡᵒ

By UselessMoon

"Happy birthday, sweetheart." Nineteen. Katsuki counts nineteen candles. His body no longer does his biddi... More

ᵖʳᵒˡᵒᵍᵘᵉ
ᵗᵒˡᵈ ʸᵒᵘ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵗᵒ ʷᵒʳʳʸ
ᵇᵘᵗ ᵐᵃʸᵇᵉ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵃ ˡⁱᵉ
ʰᵒⁿᵉʸ ʷʰᵃᵗ'ˢ ʸᵒᵘʳ ʰᵘʳʳʸ
ʷᵒⁿ'ᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵗᵃʸ ᴵⁿˢⁱᵈᵉ
ᴿᵉᵐᵉᵐᵇᵉʳ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵗᵒ ᵍᵉᵗ ᵗᵒᵒ ᶜˡᵒˢᵉ
ᵗᵒ ˢᵗᵃʳˢ
ᵗʰᵉʸ'ʳᵉ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵍᵒⁿⁿᵃ ᵍⁱᵛᵉ ʸᵒᵘ
ˡᵒᵛᵉ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ᵒᵘʳˢ
ˢᵒ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ᵈⁱᵈ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵒ
ⁱ ˢʰᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵏⁿᵒʷ
ᵇᵘᵗ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᶜᵒˡᵈ
ᵃⁿᵈ ᴵ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ʷᵃⁿⁿᵃ
ᵇᵉ ˡᵒⁿᵉˡʸ
ˢᵒ ˢʰᵒʷ ᵐᵉ
ᵗʰᵉ ʷᵃʸ
ʰᵒᵐᵉ
ᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ⁱ ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ˡᵒˢᵉ
ʰᵘʳʳʸ
ⁱ'ᵐ ʷᵒʳʳⁱᵉᵈ
ᵗʰᵉ ʷᵒʳˡᵈ'ˢ
ᵃ ˡⁱᵗᵗˡᵉ ᵇˡᵘʳʳʸ
ᵇᵘᵗ ᵐᵃʸᵇᵉ
ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵐʸ
ᵉʸᵉˢ
ᵗʰᵉ ᶠʳⁱᵉⁿᵈˢ
ⁱ'ᵛᵉ ʰᵃᵈ ᵗᵒ
ᵇᵘʳʸ
ᵗʰᵉʸ ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ᵐᵉ ᵘᵖ
ᵃᵗ ⁿⁱᵍʰᵗ
ˢᵃⁱᵈ ⁱ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈⁿ'ᵗ ˡᵒᵛᵉ
ˢᵒᵐᵉᵒⁿᵉ
ᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ⁱ
ᵐⁱᵍʰᵗ ᵇʳᵉᵃᵏ
ⁱᶠ ⁱ'ᵐ
ᵍᵒⁿⁿᵃ
ᵈⁱᵉ
ⁿᵒᵗ ᵇʸ
ᵐⁱˢᵗᵃᵏᵉ
ˢᵒ
ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ᵈⁱᵈ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵒ
ⁱ ˢʰᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵏⁿᵒʷ
ᵇᵘᵗ ⁱ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ʷᵃⁿⁿᵃ
ᵇᵉ ˡᵒⁿᵉˡʸ
ˢᵒ
ᵗᵉˡˡ ᵐᵉ
ʸᵒᵘ'ˡˡ ᶜᵒᵐᵉ
ʰᵒᵐᵉ
ᵉᵛᵉⁿ ⁱᶠ
ⁱᵗ'ˢ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵃ ˡⁱᵉ
ⁱ ᵗʳʸ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵗᵒ ᵘᵖˢᵉᵗ ʸᵒᵘ
ˡᵉᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ʳᵉˢᶜᵘᵉ ᵐᵉ
ᵗʰᵉ ᵈᵃʸ ⁱ ᵐᵉᵗ ʸᵒᵘ
Author's Note
ⁱ ʲᵘˢᵗ ʷᵃⁿᵗᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ᵖʳᵒᵗᵉᶜᵗ ʸᵒᵘ
ᵇᵘᵗ ⁿᵒʷ ⁱ'ˡˡ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵍᵉᵗ ᵗᵒ
ʰᵘʳʳʸ

ᵃⁿᵒᵗʰᵉʳ ˡⁱᶠᵉ

2.4K 102 38
By UselessMoon

A/N: sorry I'm late. Here's a short transitional chapter ✨

Katsuki's gone and ran off again

Yagi had been so confused, agonizing over what he'd done wrong. He thought that Katsuki would be happy to finally see his parents after all of these years. And as much as he absolutely despises Tenko Shimura, he thought that Katsuki would at least be happy to get some answers. To get some closure. 

But instead he just burst into tears and went sprinting out of the house. 

"You flunked sensitivity training, didn't you?" Touya accuses him and Toshinori tugs at his hair with a groan. "What did I do wrong?" 

"I dunno. Maybe it was how you just kind of...unloaded on him all at once as soon as you walked in?" Touya offers, a sympathetic smile curling at his lips as Toshinori's head falls from his hands to slam against the kitchen table. "I waited a week after the captain notified me before I made the decision to say anything today. I've been trying to think of the best way to do it but I couldn't think of anything so I figured I'd just rip it off like a band-aid." 

"Mhm. Might have worked for anyone else but you gotta remember that our Katsuki's a delicate boy. You have to handle him softly or he's bound to shatter." 

"Yes. I see that now." Toshinori says curtly, words muffled by the table. Inko pats him on the back as he sets a cup of coffee down on the table for him. "I'm sorry that your plan backfired, dear. But can someone go and retrieve our very easily distracted boy before he gets himself hurt, please?" 

"Don't worry, he hasn't gone far. I've been seeing him over at the park across the street. He followed a ladybug there once and now he can't stop going." Touya assures them but he does follow after him, not wanting Katsuki to be left alone while he's in such an emotional state. What kind of boyfriend would he be if he'd just left his cute little kitten to cry and be sad all by his lonesome? 

He steps out onto the porch and sure enough, he can see Katsuki from where he's standing. He's on the far end of the lot next to the playground, crouched down next to a bush with his tiny feet staining the pavement of the paved walkway with his footprints. He must have run through a puddle on his way out. 

Touya can see that he's cupping his hands together, staring at them in awe as he pulls his fingers apart to examine them---or rather whatever is on them. He's probably made some new, tiny little friend there. Katsuki seems to quite enjoy them. 

Touya steps down from the porch and crosses the yard, not bothering to look both ways before he makes his way across the street in quick strides. He approaches Katsuki quietly, a look of adoration in his eyes. He'll never get over how completely enamored Katsuki is with the tiny little critters that he finds out there. It's so in his nature to have love for all living creatures---a trait that Touya loves so much about him and hates all at the same time; it makes it so easy for others to take advantage of his baby's kind heart. 

The corners of his lips curl into a soft smile. 

"Hi, baby. What did you find?" He asks gently as he stands over him. There's a rather large yellow spider in his hand that seems to have made itself rather comfortable as it crawls from his knuckles to his palm. Katsuki sniffles, using his free hand to wipe at his tear-stained cheeks. "He is very friendly. I would like to name him Milo." He replies as Touya squats down next to him. "Yeah? How do you know that it's a boy?" He asks curiously and Katsuki shrugs. "I do not. It is an assumption. But I have already apologized to Milo in case I have misgendered them. I imagine it would not be a nice feeling." He says as Milo crawls up to his fingertips. It's then that the alpha notices another yellow spider resting on Katsuki's forearm, spindly legs tapping at his skin before it, too, scuttles up to Katsuki's hand. 

"What about your other friend? What's their name?" Touya asks and Katsuki hums, slanting in the weight of his thoughts. "I do not know. I have not thought of a name for them. I wish I could understand them. That way I could simply ask what they'd like to be called." 

Touya chuckles at that, hand reaching up into Katsuki's flaxen hair to massage at his scalp. "Cutie. I think I might have a name for her, if you'd like some help." He offers and Katsuki looks up at him with a probing gaze and Touya leans over to kiss his crown, hand going to rub soothing circles into Katsuki's side. "When I was a kid, there was this game we'd play on our computers. Shouto really loved it; it was his favorite." He begins, watching the spiders as Katsuki offers his other hand to Milo to give them more space to move around. 

"The game had a story about these two little buddies. One of their names was Ilo and the other? Their name was Milo. And one day, they got separated from each other. It made them really sad, you know." He continues, noting the way that Katsuki's brows pinch together as he nods. "I would be very sad as well." He sympathizes and Touya hums his agreement. "So they decided they'd do whatever it takes to get back to each other. It's hard for them, with so many obstacles in their way." 

"B-But...do Ilo and Milo ever see each other again?" 

"They do. They manage to find each other and it makes them soooo happy that they hug and squeeze and snuggle each other as soon as they see each other. They never wanna be apart again." He finishes, pointing at the unnamed spider in Katsuki's palm. "So why don't we name them Ilo? That way, Ilo and Milo can stay together forever and they'll never be apart." 

Katsuki splits into a grin, eyes sparkling excitedly when he turns to look Touya in the eyes again with a nod. He carefully moves his hands back over to the bush where he allows Ilo and Milo to climb back on, scurrying into the bush together. Katsuki practically throws himself into Touya's arms for a hug and the alpha peppers his face in gentle kisses as he lifts Katsuki into his arms and carries him over to the swings. He settles there, arms around Katsuki's slim waist while the omega gets comfortable in his lap. 

"Did they send you to come and take me back?" 

"Mm? No, I just wanna be with my baby. I hate to see my sweet kitten so upset. I wanted to make sure that you were okay." Touya clarifies, nuzzling into Katsuki's soft skin. "Do I need an excuse to want to be with my boyfriend?" 

Katsuki giggles with a shake of his head, eyes fixed on their front porch where he sees Toshinori peek his head out and then back in again when their eyes lock with one another. 

What an odd man. 

"I did not mean to worry you. I am very sorry." 

"No, no, angel. Remember, I said to stop apologizing for having feelings. You're never going to upset me just because you're emotional. I'd just rather be sure that you're alright. Can you tell me what's got you so upset? You know that you don't have to go and see Tomura if you don't want to; they won't force you." 

Katsuki hums with a nod. "I...I had forgotten that I wouldn't be staying here with them for very long. Though, I am very confused about what is going on. Tomura and I have never had parents. Who are these people that are coming to see me? And...why is Tomura in the place where the bad people go? Did he do something wrong?" 

Touya grimaces at such a line of questioning.

"I...think it may be time for you and Nori to sit down and have a talk about that. But now that you know that you have parents, aren't you excited to meet them?" 

"I do not feel any other emotion other than trepidation upon the idea of meeting strangers who supposedly have familial ties to me. They are just going to take me away? I am very scared, Touya. And I know that they never intended to keep me but I really do not want to leave---" 

"Whoa, whoa, baby, slow down." Touya shushes him, tries to help him catch his breath as he cradles him and presses kisses into the skin of his throat. "Nobody said you had to leave with them, Kitty Kat. We just want you to meet them, that's all. You're an adult; you're not obligated to leave anywhere with them if you don't want to, okay?" He assures him but Katsuki heaves out a shaky breath, not at all convinced. "T-Then...where would I go if not with them? I do not have anywhere else to go. Then I would not see you or Izuku or Shouto again a-and I...I-I…" 

He's getting himself worked up again; poor baby. This must be difficult for him, especially having to contemplate this all at once. 

"Whaddya mean you don't have anywhere to go? Doll, you're under the impression that Nori would just kick you out if you didn't want to go with your parents? C'mon now. You've gotta know better than that. And even if they couldn't keep you here, you can always come with me." 

"I-I can?" 

"Course you can, baby. If you think I'd just let them waltz in here and take you from me, you don't know me as well as I thought you did." 

He means that wholeheartedly. At the end of the day---parents or not---they are complete strangers. Something about just allowing them to take Katsuki and go back to the other side of Japan doesn't sit well with him. He doesn't know if these people are good for Katsuki. He doesn't know if these people are good at all. 

Katsuki relaxes against Touya with a sigh. 

"You are very good to me." 

"You deserve nothing less." 

"...I think I would like to speak to Tomura." 

Touya figured that he would. He's not going to be able to live a peaceful life if he doesn't get some sort of closure. But Touya's worried, ominous feeling brewing deep in his gut at the idea of Katsuki going alone. 

"Okay. I support any decisions you make pertaining to letting go of your past if it means you can live happier in the present. But I think that you should sit down and have a serious talk with Nori about this before you go, okay? And I want to go with you. Just to make sure that you're safe." And just like Touya assumed that he would, Katsuki gives him a solemn nod. The alpha leans down to kiss his head again, squeezing him tighter. "You're so brave, Kit Kat. I'm proud of you." 

"...I do not think that you should be proud of me just yet. I am brave...but I am not very strong." 

Touya wants to tell him that nobody is strong all of the time, but he feels like the rest of this conversation can wait. For now, Katsuki needs to be reminded that he is wonderful and that as long as Touya is around, he'll have nothing to fear. 

"Why don't we go and see what Ilo and Milo are up to?" 

#

Toshinori looks almost as nervous as Katsuki does, sitting at the end of the kitchen table. He watches in silence as Touya whispers reassurances into the little blonde's ear from where he's sat in the alpha's lap. It seems to be Katsuki's favorite seat in the house these days and since the incident with Inasa, Toshinori can't remember seeing them apart unless Touya leaves to go to class but other than that? Well, they're pretty much attached at the hip. It's at a point now where Katsuki can't sleep without Touya next to him so if Touya isn't spending the night in the Yagi household then Katsuki gladly goes to spend the night there with the Todoroki's. Keigo is more than happy to have him, it would seem and Enji is rather fond of Katsuki---and the fact that Katsuki keeps Touya focused and out of trouble. 

Two whole weeks without a violent incident on Touya's behalf was a personal record. 

"You wanted to talk about...your situation?" He begins once he notices the both of them giving him an expectant gaze. Katsuki nods, squeezing Touya's hand nervously.

"I...get the feeling that my reality is not the same as I have perceived it to be. If I am going to continue forward...it is best that I know the truth." 

And Toshinori had known that Katsuki wouldn't be able to function as a proper person without it. He doesn't know who he is or what's happening to him. He's simply lived in the moment. 

But the moment has come for him to face his reality for what it is. As much as Toshinori wants to protect him from this...as much as he wishes that it didn't have to be this way...he knows that he can't protect him from everything. And he knows that it would be selfish to keep it away from him. Knowing the truth is going to change Katsuki in the long run. He just hopes that it's for better and not for worse. 

He heaves a heavy, suffering sigh. "Alright. I guess I should start with...telling you who you are. But I want you to understand that everything I say to you is going to be life altering. If you...at any point begin to feel overwhelmed, you have to tell me. Okay, honey?" 

Another nod of affirmation. 

Toshinori isn't ready for this. 

"Your name...is Katsuki Bakugou. You were...you were taken from your parents when you were still an infant along with several other adolescent children here in Sapporo. We set out a search for you all...but you were the only one of the eight children to never be found." He pauses to give Katsuki a moment to absorb the information that he's given. "You were declared dead a few years later. It's been seventeen years since you went missing." 

Katsuki looks a bit faint and Toshinori is glad that they've sat down for this. He's blinking tears out of his eyes, Touya squeezing him in his arms to try and soothe his frayed nerves. There are a few whispered words and Katsuki shakily tells Touya that he's okay even though it's obvious that he's not. Toshinori doesn't want to break his heart any further but…

"T-Tomura. He is not really my b-brother...is he?" 

Toshinori doesn't respond verbally but his expression seems to be enough of an answer, if any. Katsuki's eyes well up with even more tears and Touya curses under his breath, attempting to ease him with his scent. The poor lad is shaking like a leaf in the wind, hand reaching up to tug at his hair anxiously and...Toshinori can't imagine how much it must hurt. 

"Y-You t-think that it was him? That he is the one who stole me away?"  

"Yes but we don't think that he was acting alone. And even so, we don't have any evidence that it was him. We're doing an investigation right now." 

"If you don't know for sure that it was him then why is he in jail?" Touya asks and Toshinori sighs, wiping a hand over his face in exhaustion. He wants this conversation to be over, mostly because he doesn't want to be the one to cause Katsuki so much pain. But this is necessary so that Katsuki can begin to heal. So that he may get on with his life. 

"Originally, we arrested him for child endangerment and domestic abuse because Katsuki was on the brink of death when we'd found him---a moment later and he would have been dead. But upon further investigation, we found several bodies hidden away in Tomura's house. He's on trial for murder as well." 

Touya's scent sours in record time, lip pulling back into a snarl. 

"You mean to tell me that this fucker almost killed Katsuki and you want him to go and sit down and chat with him?!" 

"Touya. Believe me, I don't like it either. But Captain Tsukauchi thinks that we could potentially get some information to help our investigation and get Katsuki some sort of justice if we allow them to speak." Toshinori reasons but Touya just holds Katsuki tighter. "I don't like this. And now in the middle of the investigation you're gonna bring some fuckers in here that he doesn't even know and expect him to be happy about it just because they say they're his parents?" 

"They are his parents, Touya. I cannot deny them a right to see their child---not after all of these years." 

"Did you stop to ask him what he wants?" 

That seems to halt Toshinori; it occurs to him that he hasn't at all talked with Katsuki about his feelings since he'd first arrived. Granted, things have been fairly taxing for him with all that's been going on but…

"...no, I haven't. You're right." He admits, resolve in his eyes as he meets with Katsuki's own. Katsuki is frantically wiping the tears from his eyes with trembling hands and Toshinori can tell that he needs time to process it all before he unloads anymore emotional trauma or existential uncertainty onto him.

"I should have asked instead of implying that these were all things that you had to accept. I've been so obsessed with this case that I've neglected your feelings. I'm so sorry, Katsuki. I wouldn't ever hurt you intentionally." He goes on, standing from the table and cautiously making his way around to squat down to eye level. He's careful in his movements as he doesn't want to do anything that might set Touya off or make him feel threatened. The last thing he wants is to trash their kitchen because he got into an unnecessary pissing contest with Touya. 

"What would you like to do, honey? You don't have to talk to Tomura if you don't want to and I won't make you go with the Bakugous if you're afraid." 

"Y-You...won't?"

"Of course not, sweetheart. You're welcome to stay here as long as you'd like so long as you're not in any danger here and...well, I can't think of a safer place for you to be except here with us. You most certainly aren't a burden and, at this point, you aren't just a guest here anymore. I wouldn't dare kick you out. We love having you here with us." He assures him and, as expected, Katsuki responds by crying even more. He's such an emotional boy, but Toshinori appreciates that about him. Katsuki is honest with them and to himself and while it may be difficult, it's the most pure form of freedom that Toshinori could think of. 

He pats Katsuki's leg gently as he stands. 

"I think that's enough sad talk for the day, hm? We don't have to talk any more about it right now, I don't want you to get too overwhelmed and it seems like you're already well on your way there. Just think about it and when you decide what it is that you want, come and talk to me. Yeah?" 

"Y-Yes…" Katsuki sobs and Toshinori leaves Touya to tend to him. He needs to get outside and get some air before he starts to get emotional himself. This is so difficult for him to watch; he almost regrets taking the case and if he had known that he'd have to hurt Katsuki so badly in order to do it, he'd have turned it down in a heartbeat. 

"God, I need a drink." He sighs as he plops down onto the porch steps. Maybe he'll give Shota a call and see if he'd mind accompanying him to the tavern. He seems to be the only person who understands his woes these days and talking to Inko about this would probably just cause his wife unnecessary stress. He'll just call him on his way there. 

Shota doesn't ever tell him no anyway.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.8K 4.8K 14
It's gonna be angsty bois. Sorry. Also told from Katsuki's pov, which is kind of new for me. Also, no quirks! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ We close our eyes...
105K 3.8K 11
🔞Includes Mature Themes🔞 Such As- Mentions of Blood Blood and Gore Homophobic Slurs Profanity Sex Sexual Activities Smut Mentions of Death Suicidal...
2.9K 142 40
Run Kami!" I scream as I activate my quirk, wrenching my head around quickly and spotting my target. I ignore the pain in my neck, blood pooling into...
57K 1.6K 11
»🅐🅡🅒 ①« ''Deku? What's going on? Are you upset-'' ''I'm an Omega'' ⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶ At the age of 16, turning into you're Dynamic, may that be a...