Test of Fate (DongFeng Fanfic...

By yunxihan_

Bai Fengjiu uses her blood to seal an evil tiger spirit, causing irreparable damage to her spirit. She finds... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Special # 1
Special # 2
Special # 3
Special # 4
Special # 5 + Thank You!
New Book!

Chapter 28

6K 143 76
By yunxihan_

Chapter 28

Flowers, Rain, and Meng Shao

"Xiao Jiu!" Bai Qian cried happily as she ran forward to hug her niece. "Fengjiu Jie jie!" Ah Li cried like his mother and ran to hug her legs. Fengjiu helplessly let them embrace her as she smiled at Donghua's unhappy face. They had just arrived in Qingqiu where her whole family was gathered to welcome her back. There was also going to be a banquet where the entire fox clan and other deities were invited to celebrate the Queen's return.

Donghua didn't mind living in Qingqiu while Fengjiu did her duties as queen. He was a little unhappy that he had to share her now that people knew she was back. They stayed in their home at the Holy Blue Sea for two days before they received a letter from Fengjiu's family about the banquet. Donghua didn't want to share Fengjiu, but he had no choice because it was his wife who wanted to attend the banquet.

The moment Fengjiu finished hugging all her family members, Donghua was already pulling her to his side while entwining their fingers. The Bai family watched their interaction with interest as they thought back to that night 3,000 years ago. Fengjiu's family personally witnessed the former Heavenly Emperor lose himself in grief after Xiao Jiu had turned into dust. They knew that Donghua had removed his name from the rock, but then his actions that night truly proved that he was in love with Fengjiu.

It wasn't just Donghua that was clingy, Fengjiu also held his arm wherever they went. It seemed like they were inseparable. During the dinner that night, the Bai family watched Donghua place food on Fengjiu's bowl while Fengjiu also fed him with her chopsticks. They didn't have much time to see Donghua and Fengjiu's interaction when they were last in Qingqiu, but it was now clear that they would have to get used to Donghua and Fengjiu's public display of their affection.

To Fengjiu and Donghua, displaying their affection was not done on purpose. It's just that they were apart for so many years that they were making up for lost time by basking in each other's presence. Donghua held her hand as they walked through the markets. Fengjiu wanted to buy some ingredients to cook for Donghua. A handsome and tall man with silver hair and purple robes was already an attraction for everyone present that day, but what made them a bigger spectacle was their beautiful queen in light pink robes with her hand entwined to the man's.

"Your Highness! I have some fresh vegetables today! Would you like to see?" Fengjiu was distracted by choosing vegetables that she didn't notice Donghua had wandered off. When she finished choosing the vegetables she needed, Fengjiu asked them to be delivered to her fox den and turned around. "Donghua I-" She paused when she realized Donghua was not behind her.

She looked around trying to find him when she felt his arm wrap her into a familiar embrace. Fengjiu giggled before turning around to look up at Donghua. He brushed the stray hairs on her face and presented to her a bouquet of orange flowers. Fengjiu's heart melted when she saw his gentle eyes. She accepted the bouquet and took a light sniff before beaming up at him. "Donghua, these flowers are really pretty! Where did you get them?"

Donghua smiled softly as he held Fengjiu's hand and started leading her back to the fox den. "I saw them on our way to the market. I thought I'd pick some to make you a bouquet. Do you like them?" Fengjiu nodded happily as she stood on her tiptoes to press a kiss to his cheek. "I love it! Thank you Donghua!" Donghua smiled at her as they continued walking with entwined fingers.

As they were walking through the busy market, it started raining. Donghua formed a forcefield to shelter them from the rain. Fengjiu was about to continue walking when Donghua suddenly pulled her behind him. She was about to ask what he was doing when he suddenly knelt in front of her. They were already gaining attention by just walking around, but now that Donghua knelt, more eyes stared their way. Fengjiu's face turned red as she tried tugging Donghua to stand up. "Donghua, What are you doing?"

"I will carry you home on my back." Fengjiu forgot about being embarrassed when she remembered how he said those exact words to her during their marriage the mortal realm.

"Huh?" She had asked, confused.

"I will carry you home on my back." He repeated louder.

"No... I can't let you do that. The queen will scold me."

"You told me about your parents before... That your father is strict and uptight, but he loves your mother dearly. When it rains, he won't even let her shoes or socks get wet."

"Indeed, my father loves my mother."

"Come on, I will carry you home on my back." He had stuck to his words and carried her home on his back.

Donghua looked at Fengjiu who was about to cry when he coaxed again as he knelt in front of her, "Jiu'er, come on. I will carry you home on my back." Fengjiu wiped her tears away as she smiled at him brightly. She wrapped her arms around his neck, holding the bouquet he gifted her, as Donghua stood up, carrying her. Fengjiu pressed a kiss to Donghua's cheek as he carried her home.

The crowd watched the former Heavenly Emperor carry the Queen of Qingqiu as they disappeared from their sight. Soon enough, Donghua had already carried Fengjiu all the way home under the shocked stares of her family, but the two of them didn't even notice. They had no idea that news of Donghua's romantic gesture has already spread throughout Qingqiu. Later on, it spread across all of the Four Seas and Eight Far Lands to create a sensation. Furthermore, it became a way for male deities to express their love, or to even propose to their prospective wives.

*****

It was the day of the banquet to celebrate the return of the Qingqiu Queen. Many deities had scrambled to get invitations to see the young queen who was now a High Goddess. Although it was a known fact that Donghua Dijun doted on his wife immensely many people still wanted to take their chances hoping Her Highness Fengjiu would elope with them, completely disregarding the fact that her husband was the revered former Emperor of the Heavens.

Fengjiu wore white regal robes with embroidered flowers and gold accents. Her long hair was styled into a bun with a simple gold headdress with red crystal accents, to match with her earrings. She turned around to look at Donghua who was lounging on her bed with a blank expression. Fengjiu was worried with how he was looking at her. Maybe I look ugly?

Donghua pursed his lips as his brain struggled to come up with a way to hide Fengjiu's beauty from the people who will see her today. Damn it. Why is she so pretty? Donghua felt like it was enough for him to know just how pretty Fengjiu was, not some other male deities who would try to make a pass at his wife. His expression was blank, but deep inside, he was trying hard to control himself to not keep Fengjiu in this room, the banquet be damned.

"Donghua? How do I look?" Fengjiu asked worriedly. Donghua finally saw her worried expression and sighed heavily. "You look beautiful. You look too pretty. How about changing into less pretty clothes hm?" He said sulkily. Fengjiu finally realized why he looked like that and giggled brightly. "Donghua... I need to look presentable as the Queen of Qingqiu."

Donghua expression still looked sour, "You don't just look presentable. You look pretty." Fengjiu smiled at him and turned around to take the tray of desserts she had prepared. She offered them to Donghua with a pampering smile. "Donghua... I can't change. These are ceremonial robes." Donghua took one of the desserts and took a bite as he murmured sulkily, "Fine..."

His surly face made Fengjiu giggle again. He turned to her with narrowed eyes, but she pressed a soft kiss to his lips making him eat his words. Fengjiu raised both her hands to hold his face. "Donghua, you are the only one I love. Also... I'm now your Empress! Your wife. I'm sure no one would have the guts to take me away from you." Donghua finally gave in and waited for Fengjiu to finish her preparations before bringing her to the banquet.

Apparently, she was wrong. She had to hold Donghua back from killing at least ten male deities that had the guts to ask her to elope with them. Donghua looked at Fengjiu sulkily, "Even my position is not enough to ward away those brave deities." Fengjiu laughed and gave him a kiss, "I only love you."

A young immortal named Meng Shao approached her after all that while Donghua was holding her hand. Meng Shao's eyes immediately went to their entwined fingers before he took a deep breath as if hyping himself up. He looked at Donghua bravely in the eye before clasping his hands to bow.

"Dijun, I... I want to talk to Her Highness Fengjiu in private." The moment those words came out of Meng Shao's mouth, Donghua's hand tightened around Fengjiu's. She smiled helplessly and gave Donghua a comforting look. "Fine." Donghua reluctantly released her hand and took a few steps away. The moment he turned around and escaped Fengjiu's sight, his smile turned murderous.

"Your Highness... I-I've liked you a lot since I was young." Fengjiu smiled softly at the nervous immortal in front of her. Before she could say anything, Meng Shao was already continuing. "I know you are already happily married, so I have no chance, but I wanted to at least let you know how I feel." Fengjiu actually admired Meng Shao for his honestly. "Your Highness... May I ask if I can have the honor of being your friend?"

This time, Fengjiu gave him a genuine smile, "You don't have to be so polite. Of course we can be friends!" Meng Shao sighed in relief before smiling brightly at her. "Your Highness, I was able to let the woman I love know that I love her. I've got no regrets."

Donghua's expression turned downcast at his words. He looked at his beautiful wife and suddenly felt stifled. I was able to let the woman I love know that I love her. He still regretted that he never told Fengjiu how he felt before her heavenly trial. He felt really jealous of Meng Shao at that moment, not only because he had Fengjiu's attention, but because he was brave enough to confess his feelings to the girl he loves. He looked down as he waited for Fengjiu's reply, but her reply was enough to make him raise his head and look at her. His heart felt warm.

"How come you've got no regrets?" Fengjiu looked at Donghua and gave him a sweet smile. "Only when the woman you love loves you back, can you say that you've got no regrets." Donghua's lips curved up into a soft smile as he looked at Fengjiu's smile. Jiu'er I'll always be thankful you never gave up on your love for me.

Fengjiu looked back to Meng Shao after comforting Donghua. "In the future, you're bound to meet someone who truly loves you. By then, you must spare no efforts. Do you understand?" Meng Shao gave her a sad smile but answered enthusiastically, "Yes!" It was then he bowed to Fengjiu and turned around to leave.

Donghua was immediately behind Fengjiu when Meng Shao left. He wrapped his arms around her waist and lowered his head to whisper in her ear. "Jiu'er, I love you. Thank you for loving me too." Fengjiu slowly turned around and wrapped her hands around his neck. "Donghua! I really really really love you!" She blurted out before pressing a kiss to his cheek. Donghua smiled at her as he slowly released her. He held her hand and followed wherever she went when deities approached her for conversation.

They kept entertaining guests as Bai Qian and Yehua observed them from afar. "You were right." Bai Qian murmured as she leaned on Yehua's shoulder. Bai Qian remembered how Donghua had cried when her niece turned to dust. He even defied the heavens by breaking the forcefield. She felt dumb for doubting whether Donghua loved Fengjiu or not. Donghua Dijun was known to hate noisy and crying people the most. Fengjiu was both, but he allowed her to do so without fussing. "What do you mean?" Yehua asked confused. Bai Qian nuzzled her head on his neck before answering.

"Donghua Dijun loves Xiao Jiu."

Author's Note: Hehehehe a sweet chapter~ also I never mentioned it before, but to write the sweet moments of our DongFeng, I look up their pictures and rewatch clips from TMOPB and ELOD for inspiration. Here are some of the photos that inspired this chapter (because I can only post one in the box thingy above so I chose our pretty Fengjiu!)

- Their walk in the market

- Donghua picking flowers for Fengjiu

- The piggyback ride in the mortal realm

- Brave Meng Shao and Fengjiu's awesome words

Thank you all for your support <3 THANK YOU FOR 7K READS!!!!! I love you all! Stay safe <3

-Yunxi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.2K 1.4K 23
Many years after Ye Hua's revival and his reunion with Qian Qian... Qian Qian's niece Feng Jiu desperately in love with the former Earth and Heaven G...
37.6K 1K 38
What happens after Fengjiu wakes up? This is the sweet, funny life of Donghua, Fengjiu and Gungun as they live happily ever after. Many appearances...
281K 7.8K 69
Feng jiu's love for Dong hua has never been a secret. She persevered through every trial and suffering, in hopes of getting his love. As hard as Don...
385K 10.3K 97
Bai Feng Jiu/Donghua Dijun Fanfiction. Saving Feng Jiu from death after the Phoenix attacks her, Donghua leaves behind traces of his magic within her...