Masked Attraction

taylorcelanturxx tarafından

Emma Barnes is a shy sophomore with a predictable life. Struggling with anxiety and focusing on her parent's... Daha Fazla

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Kappa Alpha Society
Chapter 2: He Won't Fall For It
Chapter 3: Your Fate Is Sealed
Chapter 4: Oops
Chapter 5: Dancing
*Characters*
Chapter 7: I'll Just Add Myself
Chapter 8: I Lied
Chapter 9: You Always Eat My Pizza
Chapter 10: Bashy
Chapter 11: He's Only Cute if I'm Drunk
Chapter 12: I Can Sing Better Than the Band
Chapter 13: Doritos
Chapter 14: Girlfriend?
Chapter 15: I Can Totally Pull Off a Mustache
Chapter 16: Barista
Chapter 17: Model Emergency
Chapter 18: Man Spreading
Chapter 19: Flavor
Chapter 20: Out of Your League
*Pictures*
Chapter 21: Movers
Chapter 22: Mini Castle
Chapter 23: She's a Little Scary
Chapter 24: Steam Coming Out of Her Ears
Chapter 25: Kiss Me
Chapter 26: Munchkins and Midterms
Chapter 27: Sebastien John Reed
Chapter 28: Wrong Feelings
Chapter 29: Mushy Gushy
Chapter 30: Scream Music
Chapter 31: Big Bad Wolf
Chapter 32: Good and Dandy
Chapter 33: Pancakes
Chapter 34: Karaoke Night
Chapter 35: Slacker Cookies
Chapter 36: Turkey
Chapter 37: Victor
Chapter 38: Did That Happen?
Chapter 39: On A Break
Chapter 40: Dumplings
Chapter 41: Strike
Chapter 42: I'll Bite You Too
Chapter 43: The Grinch
Chapter 44: Me, Myself & I
*Extra Pictures*
Chapter 45: Everything Okay?
Chapter 46: Old Sellers
Chapter 47: Deathtrap
Chapter 48: Bubble Bath
Chapter 49: Boy Toy
Chapter 50: Masked
Chapter 51: Attraction
Chapter 52: Everybody Knows
Chapter 53: You are Crazy
Chapter 54: Striped & Solids
Chapter 55: Goodbye
Chapter 56: Dragon Tattoo
Chapter 57: Engaged
Chapter 58: Bewitched
Chapter 59: Parents
Epilogue
THANK YOU NOTE <3

Chapter 6: You're On

10.2K 258 16
taylorcelanturxx tarafından

I have to walk through the multiple living areas and the kitchen to get to the backyard. There are empty pizza boxes and cans scattered across the granite countertops. It is repelling, so I quickly try to swerve my way through, having to step over a beer spill on the floor. Thank gosh, I don't have to clean this place up. Poor pledges.

Once I get a breath of fresh air, I instantly feel better being out in the open. I recognize Jamie's hair across the way and cut across the yard to her. As I approach, I notice she's leaning against a beer pong table cheering on a long-haired, thin guy. He winks at her and puffs out a cloud of cigarette smoke in her direction. His blonde-head spins back to the game, shooting and missing his needed shot into the cup by a lot.

"Hey James, who's he?" I ask my eyes following towards his direction.

She pulls away to peer over at me. "Emma! Oh, that's Tyler," she whispers. "Isn't he hot?" She shoots me a mischievous grin and I laugh at her expression. He was good-looking, but so not my type.

"Yep, he is hot," I whisper back agreeing anyway.

"Hell yeah!" She overly screams as Tyler throws a different ball landing it into the cup. She looks back at me unfocused seeming to remember something.

"Oh, Sebastien came this way looking for you. I told him you were dancing and he looked angry that I left you. He went downstairs searching for you." She takes a hit off her vape pen inhaling deeply.

"Really?" I say. "Oh, hopefully, he comes back up here." I chew my lip glancing around. I should have called him back before.

I pull out my phone, but then Jamie mutters "Oh, there he is!" She taps my shoulder and points her swaying finger in the general direction he is in. He's headed right for us, his tall figure strapped down in a black muscle-tee and his hair messily tousled. Britt, his girlfriend of the month, is latched on his arm in a body-con skirt and tall as hell stilettos. I give a timid wave at them crossing the yard and Sebastien beams in return finally noticing me.

"Emma! There you are, I've been looking all over for you," he says striding right up to my line of vision. "I am so happy you came." He releases his arm around Britt and smirks before snatching me up into a bear hug. I giggle as my feet slightly dangle in the air to reach his tall frame. I squeeze him back my cheeks warming. He settles me down and a perplexed expression crosses his face.

"Did you drink?" He asks bemused. He glimpses down at me, his striking blue eyes catching the light. I blink at him. Oh, right. I probably still smell like an obscene amount of alcohol.

"Oh no, someone just spilled some of their drink on my shirt," I say as I look down examining to see if there is still a noticeable stain.

"Yeah, you reek." He scrunches his nose teasingly. "I probably should have warned you about that. Oh well," he mutters jokily. I give him a slight shove on his firm shoulder and he laughs in return. A burst of sudden roaring laughter and a beer smashing onto the pavement calls our attention back to the beer pong table. The cheering that is going on makes it apparent that the guy competing against Tyler in beer pong just won and is now making a huge show of it.

"Yo Sebastien, want to go?" The guy who just won the game shouts, taunting Bash.

Bash swivels, inspecting the guy. He crookedly grins and announces, "Oh, you're on." He heads to the other side of the table leaning forward anticipatory. I frown softly at his absence and watch as everyone else gathers into the empty chairs surrounding the game. Unsure, I follow along and grab the outermost chair and plop down.

I sense a figure to my right and a recognizable voice quickly follows. "So how are you Emma? How are your studies going, Liberal Arts right?" I turn to the sound and notice Britt standing alongside me her head tilted in question.

My eyes widen a fraction. "They're um, good. And no, I am actually pre-med so mainly focusing on Biology right now." I nervously tuck a strand of brown hair behind my ear.

"Gotcha doctor major. That's cool."

I nod and she sits down next to me tugging down her skirt. I twiddle my thumbs unsure what else I could say and she holds out a beer to me.

"No, thank you," I chirp nicely.

She shrugs and picks her own back up and starts cheering for the game. When Sebastien shoots a couple of balls successively, she leaves my side to run over and kiss him on the mouth. My eyes immediately stray to my right and catch Jamie currently making out with Tyler. I avert my attention again and decide to give up on being any more social. I think I did my fair share tonight.

I tuck into my chair and watch Bash play silently cheering in my head for him. Within twenty minutes, he wins and I take that as my cue to leave. I cautiously wander back to Jamie's side who thankfully stopped kissing Tyler.

"Hey, did you want to go back to the dorm together?" I ask rocking on my heels.

She swiftly makes eye contact with Tyler and swirls back to me. "So I am going to Tyler's place, we were just about to leave. Want us to drop you off?"

"Oh, okay. Um, no that's fine." I shake my head. "I'll just take an Uber."

"What? Are you sure?" She squints at me.

"Yeah, really," I answer fervently. I really prefer not to be in their Uber while they are all over each other.

"Okay, please let me pay it for you though and text me when when you get home safely," she replies.

"Okay, thanks Jamie. Text me too!" I wave and start walking toward the direction of Bash. I was hoping to say goodbye, but he is surrounded by a crowd of people. I catch his eye across the way and offer him a little goodbye wave. As I make my way forward, he jogs over before I can fully walk past him.

"You going?" he says quizzically his eyes glittering from the excitement of the game.

"Yeah, I'm ordering an Uber now." I start pulling up the app on my phone typing in my address.

His eyebrows shoot up. "Alone? No." He shakes his head. "Come on, I'll drive you home. You know I didn't drink anything tonight."

"No really, I am fine. I am a big girl, I can get a ride by myself," I remark stubbornly.

"Yeah, but I don't mind. It's a free ride and you won't have to wait," he tells me persuasively and he smirks. "Don't worry I'll even drive you in my car, not my bike." I gaze up at him considering his invitation. He gives me a questioning look and I concede unable to resist.

"Alright fine, thank you," I say and he grins ear to ear spinning his car keys around his fingers. "Wait, what about Britt?" I ask.

"Oh right. Hold on." He jogs over to her and he returns shorten with her. "Ready?" He asks and I nod my head and we follow into his black mustang.

"So how was it? We didn't even hang out which is ridiculous," he tells me starting up the ignition as I buckle myself into the backseat, and Britt fumbles with the music in the car.

I pause considering. "It wasn't the worst thing," I respond reluctantly.

"Interesting... Does that mean you will come to more?" he says suggestively.

I laugh. "I think I am good for now, but I appreciate the offer." I catch him devilishly grinning through the mirror. We pull up to my dorm entrance and I open my door offering my thanks to them both.

"Of course. 7 good for tomorrow?" Bash questions me.

I smile at the idea. "Sure! See you then."

"Night Emma." I walk up the steps flashing my ID to get through the doors. I text Jamie that I'm home, wipe off my makeup, and snuggle into my bed. I double-check that all my backup alarms are set for tomorrow and a Snapchat notification interrupts me. A 'Luka Parks' friend request pops up. I giggle out loud. How did he manage to figure out my username?

***
*author's note*
Thank you a ton for continuing with the story 💕💕 I appreciate each & every one of you so much!! Next chapter I posted celebrities that I envision as the characters. P.S. Don't forget to vote please ;)

Have a lovely day/night!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

2M 58.8K 77
Emma's life takes an exciting turn when she moves back to her hometown. Certain circumstances cause her to run into the schools most notorious footba...
11.2K 433 27
Lana finally knows who her mystery emailer is! She has also just uncovered a plot that was aimed to embarrass her from people she considered friends...
36.5K 1.2K 35
The story revolves around Emily Heartwood, who is hopelessly in love with her classmate, Vincent Zaphyr. Only if it was just a crush. Talking about...
150K 5.5K 47
In which two competitive culinary students get under each other's skin in all the right ways. * * * ʙᴏɪʟɪɴɢ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ (ɴᴏᴜɴ): ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴀᴛ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴀɴɢᴇʀ ᴏʀ...