Masked Attraction

By taylorcelanturxx

Emma Barnes is a shy sophomore with a predictable life. Struggling with anxiety and focusing on her parent's... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Kappa Alpha Society
Chapter 2: He Won't Fall For It
Chapter 3: Your Fate Is Sealed
Chapter 4: Oops
Chapter 5: Dancing
Chapter 6: You're On
*Characters*
Chapter 7: I'll Just Add Myself
Chapter 8: I Lied
Chapter 9: You Always Eat My Pizza
Chapter 10: Bashy
Chapter 11: He's Only Cute if I'm Drunk
Chapter 12: I Can Sing Better Than the Band
Chapter 13: Doritos
Chapter 14: Girlfriend?
Chapter 15: I Can Totally Pull Off a Mustache
Chapter 16: Barista
Chapter 17: Model Emergency
Chapter 18: Man Spreading
Chapter 19: Flavor
Chapter 20: Out of Your League
*Pictures*
Chapter 21: Movers
Chapter 22: Mini Castle
Chapter 23: She's a Little Scary
Chapter 24: Steam Coming Out of Her Ears
Chapter 25: Kiss Me
Chapter 26: Munchkins and Midterms
Chapter 27: Sebastien John Reed
Chapter 28: Wrong Feelings
Chapter 29: Mushy Gushy
Chapter 30: Scream Music
Chapter 31: Big Bad Wolf
Chapter 32: Good and Dandy
Chapter 33: Pancakes
Chapter 34: Karaoke Night
Chapter 35: Slacker Cookies
Chapter 36: Turkey
Chapter 37: Victor
Chapter 38: Did That Happen?
Chapter 39: On A Break
Chapter 40: Dumplings
Chapter 41: Strike
Chapter 42: I'll Bite You Too
Chapter 43: The Grinch
Chapter 44: Me, Myself & I
*Extra Pictures*
Chapter 45: Everything Okay?
Chapter 46: Old Sellers
Chapter 47: Deathtrap
Chapter 48: Bubble Bath
Chapter 49: Boy Toy
Chapter 50: Masked
Chapter 51: Attraction
Chapter 52: Everybody Knows
Chapter 53: You are Crazy
Chapter 55: Goodbye
Chapter 56: Dragon Tattoo
Chapter 57: Engaged
Chapter 58: Bewitched
Chapter 59: Parents
Epilogue
THANK YOU NOTE <3

Chapter 54: Striped & Solids

5.7K 162 19
By taylorcelanturxx

Friday
We duck into the door underneath the flickering Billards sign. Bash asked me out tonight for our "official second date". After handing me a wooden pole he walks over to the table and begins placing the balls into a triangle. His slim henley top rides up giving me quite the view of his abdomen. I have to hold back a sigh.

"I wish I didn't know how to play so you could wrap your arm around me and show me," I murmur hugging my cue stick.

He lifts the rack from the table his one eyebrow raising.

"Oh really?" He says suggestively his voice low and sultry. He drops the rack to advance toward me.

"Wait um," I whisper now nervous at my forwardness. My mind really doesn't think before speaking anymore. He hugs me from behind wrapping his arms comfortably around my waist.

"I was just teasing," I whisper as his body heat envelops me. His head falls into the curve of my neck and he brushes his lips against my skin. My eyes involuntarily close and I shiver.

"Well I really liked that idea," he teases back. I snap out of it laughing and lightly push him away to clear my thoughts.

"Please, you're just trying to throw me off so you have an advantage."

His jaw drops but then a slow smirk forms. "Ahh, I see how it is. We are going to play it that way." He shakes his head grinning. "Alright, Emma let's make this interesting then. Let's make a bet."

I cross my arms and smile smugly. "And what will I win?"

He steps closer chuckling. "Well, what do you want to win?"

My mock arrogance vanishes. I don't want anything. I got everything I want. Him. School. I nibble on my lip and he gazes at me expectantly. "Okay, I want an answer to a question."

He tilts his head observing me. "I like that. Ok if you win, which is very unlikely, however," he says in jest, "you can ask me any question and if I win I get to do the same."

I nod my head. "Sounds like a deal." He puts out his hand and I shake it grinning amusedly. We both take our turns starting the game and I settle with solids and he takes stripes.

"I am bummed I don't have epidemiology again for the spring semester," I say moving around the table to find a better angle for my shot.

"You talk about this class a lot. Why don't you just change your major to that," he answers watching me.

I shoot...and miss. "I can't," I deadpan.

He goes for his turn and dunks a striped ball and repeats for his second turn. "Why not Emma?"

"Well because..." I say hesitantly.

"Exactly. College is about changing your mind."

I swallow. "You know why I can't. My parents want me to be a doctor," I reason.

He puts his pole down directing his attention back to me. "Your parents aren't the ones who will have to be a doctor for the next forty years. Do what you want. Only you." He grabs my hand and kisses each finger. I giggle at his corniness.

"Okay. Alright," I answer and finally take my turn.

"You know you don't have to be so hard on yourself and limit yourself to all these rules. You are allowed to change your mind. I even have an interview on Monday for my major change."

"Wait, what?" I prop my wooden stick against the wall and go up next to him. "You changed your major?"

He smiles earnestly. "Yep. I switched my major to Psychology and going to pursue Addiction Studies and Substance Abuse."

I cannot stop myself from smiling back hugely. "Wow, that is so exciting Bash!" I can envision him helping those like his father. "That is perfect Bash. I can picture you doing that, honestly."

"Yeah. I think I could like it, but I need to see how it goes first."

"You'll be great Bash. I know it," I tell him sincerely.

He beams back. "Thanks Emma."

I suddenly notice he only has one ball left. Damnit! He's going to win because he's been distracting me all this time. I scrutinize him as he readies himself for the score. Fine, I am going to play his sly way. I slide up next to him wrapping my arms around him.

His breath sharpens at my touch, but he continues to line himself up a lot slower than before. I start to trail kisses along his neck. He pulls back his hand for his winning shot and I go for the kill kissing the corner of his lips. His hand jerks and he misses, the black 8 ball falling into the pocket he was not aiming for. He sharply twists around to me and I fall back worried I took it too far. But all he does is crookedly grin at me.

"I can't even be mad," he responds with a laugh and bends down to finish the kiss I started. I immediately become entranced. I still can't over this and I don't think I ever will. He is intoxicating. He kisses one last peck on my lips before curling his finger underneath my chin to tilt it up. "So cheater, what question do you want to ask?"

"Okay, now I am totally feeling guilty I cheated," I admit sheepishly.

"I'm not," he chuckles under his breath. "Ask away."

"Alright," I clear my throat. "When did you first start to like me more than a friend?"

"Oh, right for the jugular then." His hand flies to his chest.

I laugh rolling my eyes. "Come on, that's not even that bad."

He leans on top of his cue stick. "Middle school."

My eyebrows shoot up. "Middle school?" I say incredulously.

"Yep. I was a hormonal boy and you were the prettiest girl I knew, but I knew even back then you were too good for me."

I continue to stare at him stunned. "I was not too good for you."

He shrugs. "You still are."

"That's-that's the most ridiculous statement I ever heard. If I ever hear it again I will punch you."

He laughs hard. "Alright then. I won't repeat it."

I tuck a curl behind my ear. "Since I cheated you can ask your question."

"Yeah?"

I nod. He reaches out and gently laces our fingers together.

"Okay mine is worse than yours." He swallows and takes a scary long pause. "Emma, would you like to be my girlfriend?"

My cheeks heat faster than I can stop them. "Um definitely. Yes, I would."

He crookedly smiles. "It's not too fast right?"

"No, it's not."

"Good," he breathes relieved. "I have been dying to ask you since New Year's."

"Really? Why?"

He leans down, "Because I am selfish and do not want to share you." His hands go to the small of my back and he pulls me snugly against him and I curve into him. He presses his lips to mine, a heat uncoiling low in my stomach.

***

Monday

I shut the door to Sebastien's place and take the path back to my dorm. We are finally back on campus for the spring semester. I just finished a mindfulness extra credit session with Sebastien, the one I promised I would help him with. It was more filled with kissing than mindfulness, but we still got what we needed to get done. And now I can't wipe a stupid grin off my face. I nearly skipped back to my dorm. My email notification buzzes and I glance down.

Hello Ms. Barnes,
Apologies for the late response. I received your resume and I would be happy to have you on my team for my research in my epidemiology lab. Let me know if this is something you are still interested in. Thanks!

I freeze in place. I got the research position. I reread the email over and over not believing it. I go to dial Sebastien with the news when a shrill voice stops me.

"You conniving little bitch!"

Oh, no. My back goes rigid. I know that voice. I gulp and cautiously spin around.

***
*author's note*
I am writing this at 1am haha. Any guesses on who Emma is about to see?? Send a vote if you like Emma & Sebastien's dates!
❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 7.7K 44
Drama. It was the one thing Elizabeth wanted nothing to do with during her first year of university. She'd had enough of that in high school. At fir...
23.5K 716 51
We all remember that first love. The one who we fell head over heels in love with who also destroyed us. When Emily meets Jay on her first day at the...
3.4K 200 32
Jodie has a crush on Ethan Majors, a popular senior who's destined to be the next big football star. But he has no clue about her feelings. When thei...
26.5K 4K 69
Veronica is just a regular girl. A girl with big dreams for a perfect future. A girl who craved finding true love and not just the idea of it. A girl...