Masked Attraction

By taylorcelanturxx

Emma Barnes is a shy sophomore with a predictable life. Struggling with anxiety and focusing on her parent's... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Kappa Alpha Society
Chapter 2: He Won't Fall For It
Chapter 3: Your Fate Is Sealed
Chapter 4: Oops
Chapter 5: Dancing
Chapter 6: You're On
*Characters*
Chapter 7: I'll Just Add Myself
Chapter 8: I Lied
Chapter 9: You Always Eat My Pizza
Chapter 10: Bashy
Chapter 11: He's Only Cute if I'm Drunk
Chapter 12: I Can Sing Better Than the Band
Chapter 13: Doritos
Chapter 14: Girlfriend?
Chapter 15: I Can Totally Pull Off a Mustache
Chapter 16: Barista
Chapter 17: Model Emergency
Chapter 18: Man Spreading
Chapter 19: Flavor
Chapter 20: Out of Your League
*Pictures*
Chapter 22: Mini Castle
Chapter 23: She's a Little Scary
Chapter 24: Steam Coming Out of Her Ears
Chapter 25: Kiss Me
Chapter 26: Munchkins and Midterms
Chapter 27: Sebastien John Reed
Chapter 28: Wrong Feelings
Chapter 29: Mushy Gushy
Chapter 30: Scream Music
Chapter 31: Big Bad Wolf
Chapter 32: Good and Dandy
Chapter 33: Pancakes
Chapter 34: Karaoke Night
Chapter 35: Slacker Cookies
Chapter 36: Turkey
Chapter 37: Victor
Chapter 38: Did That Happen?
Chapter 39: On A Break
Chapter 40: Dumplings
Chapter 41: Strike
Chapter 42: I'll Bite You Too
Chapter 43: The Grinch
Chapter 44: Me, Myself & I
*Extra Pictures*
Chapter 45: Everything Okay?
Chapter 46: Old Sellers
Chapter 47: Deathtrap
Chapter 48: Bubble Bath
Chapter 49: Boy Toy
Chapter 50: Masked
Chapter 51: Attraction
Chapter 52: Everybody Knows
Chapter 53: You are Crazy
Chapter 54: Striped & Solids
Chapter 55: Goodbye
Chapter 56: Dragon Tattoo
Chapter 57: Engaged
Chapter 58: Bewitched
Chapter 59: Parents
Epilogue
THANK YOU NOTE <3

Chapter 21: Movers

6.5K 183 14
By taylorcelanturxx

I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the covers drained from the day. I don't even hear Jamie come in later that night. When I wake up, Jamie is bustling around the room with various accessories in her hand.

"Emma! You're awake," she says startled.

"Yeah, what's up with you? Why do you always have so much energy on Sundays?" I reply as I stand up and roll out my neck.

"Okay, you need to sit back down. We need to talk," she states outright.

I put a hand to my chest. "Are you breaking up with me?" I tease wryly. Ignoring my comment she comes and scoots onto the edge of my bed nervousness raking her features as she toys with her brush. Jamie never looks nervous.

She takes a deep breath. "The president invited me to move into their house last night," she announces.

I stare unblinking as it sinks in and then I yammer, "That's amazing, Jamie! Well, what are you doing? Let's start packing!" I force a cheerful tone on and a bright smile along with it.

Her eyebrows knit together. "Emma," she deadpans.

"Jamie," I say in the same tone mimicking her.

"I can't just leave you in a dorm all by yourself."

I roll my eyes dramatically unwilling to reveal any true feelings. "You can't just let this opportunity go. And you know what, I'll love the extra room."

"I don't know Emma. I feel like a terrible friend if I do it. Maybe I could ask to defer until next year or semester or something," she comments her green eyes deep in thought.

"As your friend, I am telling you it would be terrible not to do it. This is too major to pass up."

"Are you really cool with this?" She asks me. "One word and I'll wait."

I swallow before smiling. "I am cool with it James."

She squeals at my response and tackle hugs me. "Alright then! I'll call them and let them know. At least we will both have our own rooms and we will obviously still meet up all the time."

"Absolutely! I am happy for you," I say to her.

She goes and grabs her phone and walks over to make the call. A pit of dread pools in my stomach, but I tell myself it is not the end of the world, I will just be on my own again. She ends the call and excitedly starts moving stuff around.

"This is amazing! They just told me I can move in by next Monday. They just have to transfer the paperwork since I already have housing," she informs me. "I am going to go pick up some boxes to help move out." I nod my head and when she grabs her keys I send a text in the group chat needing to leave.

Anyone want to get breakfast?

Jess offers to meet Becky at the coffeehouse and everyone agrees to string along. I walk the distance there and join them on the quilted couches. Jared already ordered a number of scones and muffins for us so I nab a blueberry scone before telling them Jamie's news.

"That's so exciting!" Jess answers. "Not everyone gets picked to live in the house. Lukas and Jared are the lucky ones who get to live in their fraternity houses," she exclaims.

"Yeah, tell her we said congrats!" Jared discloses, but then his bronze eyes drop. "Well, if she doesn't hate me." He bites his lip cautiously.

"She doesn't hate you," I reply knowing Jamie is already over it. Jared smiles attractively at that as he sits next to Jess, but not quite touching. I'll have to ask her how things are going, they seem to be acting normal, but Jess did mention she was going to give him a chance. Becky comes over in between serving and asks me to convey her happiness to her. I smile reassured that it is the right decision for Jamie to move out. Two muffins and a cappuccino later, I arrive back to an empty dorm so I dial up Sebastien.

"So Jamie got accepted to live in her sorority house. She is going to be moving out any day. Isn't that great? She'll get her own room and apparently the house is massive," I tell him.

"She's just leaving you?" He says disgruntled, his voice extra rough.

"Well, yeah. How could she turn down this opportunity? I even pushed her to do it." He grumbles in response. "This is really good news for her," I continue.

"Okay, but what about you?" He presses on.

"What about me?" I respond drily as I wind my arms tightly around my chest.

"Do you ever think about yourself Emma? You care way too much about other people's feelings. I know you won't ever admit to it, but you are devastated by this, I know you."

"It's not like that. I am happy for Jamie," I say in an effort to convince him.

"It's okay for you to admit you don't want her to leave," he murmurs somberly.

I bite my lip. "No, that's just selfish Bash!"

"Well, then I am selfish. I care about your feelings first Emma. How do you really feel?" He reflects back which triggers me.

"I am fine," I dissent frustrated. "I need to go Bash. I'll talk to you later." And then I hang up.

'I am fine', I tell myself once again. I would rather be miserable and Jamie happy than the other way around. Just because she is leaving does not mean I am alone. I curl up in my bed seeing Jamie's empty bed and close my eyes.

***

Monday

My eyes part at the sound of relentless pounding against my door. The pounding grows louder and I crush the pillow to my ears trying to muffle it out.

"Emma, can you get that?" Jamie croaks.

"Oh, the one time I need you up in the morning, you're not," I holler back at her and I hear her mumble something in response. I begrudgingly swing my legs over and drag myself to the door. I peep through the hole and see Bash's towering frame looming in front of it. I hastily swing it open and he is standing there in a striking black jacket looking way too eye-catching for this early in the morning.

"Hey Bash, what are you doing here?" I say and run my fingers through my hair in an attempt to improve my current state.

"Hey, Emma." He smiles. "Want to go for a walk?"

I look down at my raggedy appearance. "I am in my pajamas," I mutter absently.

He leans against the doorway. "It's college, no one cares."

Too exhausted to argue I say "Alright" and grab a light jacket and cram my feet into my combat boots. I follow him outside in the direction of the lake trail nearby on campus. A breeze brushes past and I pull my bomber jacket closer to my body watching my breath make swirls in the air. Bash glimpses over at my expression and takes off his jacket to put it on my shoulders.

"No, take it back," I tell him shoving it back at him. I refuse to let him suffer because I didn't grab a bigger coat. He rolls his eyes at my typical stubborn behavior and puts the fleece jacket on his wrist.

"We'll suffer together then."

He's truly exasperating. I scowl at him and attempt to shove him again, but he sidesteps me with a smug grin.

"Anyways, I was thinking about what you said yesterday and I wanted to double-check if you're alright," Bash adds diverting me.

I examine his worried profile. "I truly am Bash. Sorry if I came off rude and then directed it at you. I was a little upset by the news but after sleeping on it, I think I'll be good. I mean it's not like she is moving out of state or something." I try to joke and kick a rock across the ground, but it comes out more serious than I intended.

"Yeah true, but I was thinking." I glance up at him. "Because correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't one of your new friends out of a housing situation at the moment?" I stop walking, registering where he is going with this.

"Oh my gosh, Becky yes! That's a great idea! She has been feeling guilty about staying at her girlfriend's place as well too. Thank you Bash! I think that would be just perfect." I turn and squeeze him in a tight hug which he returns back chuckling.

"I am glad I could help," he says gazing at me intently.

"You're amazing Bash, thank you!" I want to kiss him on the cheek again, but I don't know how either of us would take it. So instead I beam brightly at him for making my whole mood instantly improve. We made it to the end of the dam hearing the water rushing in a soothing rhythm. We turn back and I am unable to retain my grin until we get back to my dorm.

***

***
*author's note*
Yay for Bash coming in to save the day! I hope you enjoyed this chapter <3
Vote and comment 🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 40.1K 60
[18+] ENEMIES TO LOVERS SPORTS ROMANCE. °•°•°•° Hannah Walker doesn't trust anyone, especially men. They're manipulative and toxic - her lousy ex tau...
5.7K 90 8
After the mysterious death of her father, Violet, a determined young woman, moves to London to uncover the truth behind his death. Living in a small...
1.6M 40.7K 53
Emma has sworn never to fall in love, but when circumstances force her to move in with her brother's best friend there are definite sparks. Like when...
4.3K 8 20
Emma had the normal life. She has planned everything that happened in her 17 years of life. On the first day of her college, she does not expect to r...