Warm On a Cold Night β˜… JENLISA

By selfyetata

There's no one Jennie Kim loves going up against in court more than Lisa Manoban. And there's no one Jennie K... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 2

10.4K 290 43
By selfyetata

Jennie is the only one in the courtroom when she arrives with her steaming latte from Starbucks, ready and prepped for the bench trial scheduled for the next three days.

It should be easy.

She has a sympathetic client, there's no compelling evidence against him, and the ADA assigned to the case is new.

Very, very new.

It should be a cakewalk.

She sets up her files and notes on the table and checks her email for any last minute changes or notes before the courtroom starts filling up. The new ADA bustles in, already looking disheveled and frazzled. She stops and eyes Jennie like a deer in the headlights as she crosses the barrier and sets her files down.

"Kim," she nods, her voice shaky.

And Jennie offers a saccharine smile, that good kind of anxiety building up in her veins. "Kwon."

Jennie's phone buzzes in her hand and she stands to gather her client, the clerk already seated and taking notes before the evidence will begin. She leaves the courtroom and notices how the baby lawyer in the seat across from her takes a few deep, steadying breaths and tries to organize her notes.

She smirks. Yep, it's going to be a cakewalk.

Xx

The area just outside of security is full to the brim with people as Jennie waits to the side, searching for the familiar face of her client. Instead, she finds Lisa breezing through the attorney entrance with her files and her long legs and a pleasant, fake smile for the security guards there.

Jennie rolls her eyes.

How on earth did she let herself sleep with Lisa Manoban.

The woman is insufferable.

Sure, the orgasms were a welcome relief and wholly needed.

And actually kind of earth shattering.

But, Lisa?

That familiar frustration takes over again.
How on earth? She shakes her head and blames the alcohol and the loss.

It's done. It's over.

That was it.

Jennie situates her jacket and finds her client in the crowd, pulling her down the hall towards the courtroom and discussing strategy.

Lisa gone from her mind.

Xx

Jennie is in the middle of a well crafted, beautiful build up of questioning with the key witness when she hears the door to the courtroom squeak open. She glances up out of the corner of her eye and regrets it immediately.

Lisa walks up the aisle, buttoned up in a navy blue suit and her serious face on.

It's a credit to Jennie's preparation that she doesn't stumble over her words before turning her attention fully back to the woman on the witness stand.

What the fuck is Lisa doing here?

She pushes it from her mind, focusing on the line of questioning at hand and getting to the meat of her case stringing along the three questions that are most important, and then resting. When she turns to sit back down, Lisa's eyes flit up to catch hers.

There's no reaction, no acknowledgment.
Jennie sits and grabs her pen, ready to take notes on Eunbin's re-direct.

The re-direct that starts horribly and runs away with her quickly. Eunbin's questioning unravels from the first moment and she never recovers. Jennie would feel somewhat bad if it wasn't her case. If it wasn't a client who was, in her mind, innocent of the charges.

When Jennie is allowed to cross again, she simply asks one question. It's the only thing that matters in the case and Eunbin completely bobbled it.

She catches Lisa lean forward and whisper something to Eunbin, whose eyes grow wide as her cheeks blush with embarrassment. Lisa must feel Jennie watching because she looks up and holds her gaze even as she continues speaking to Eunbin.

Jennie clenches her jaw and swallows down the bitter retort she can feel sitting in the back of her throat.

She can't help but wonder if Lisa knew who the opposing counsel was on this case before she sauntered in here to offer Eunbin some help.

Xx

They break for the day early, the judge sympathetic to Eunbin's confusion and general mishandling of the entire case from the moment she walked into the courtroom.

Jennie remembers her first trial and how she threw up all morning, including in the bathroom right outside the room, before stepping foot inside. How she couldn't eat for three days or keep anything in that wasn't coffee or water.

Hyeri looks surprised to see her back in the office, but Jennie just shuts her door and pretends not to be in, digging into her other files instead. Happy to have a few hours back that she wasn't counting on in an attempt to not get too far behind.

The distraction lasts long enough, until she gets tired and her mind keeps circling back to how cool and unaffected Lisa looked this morning as she walked in to the courtroom. How smug she always seems to look even when she's not trying.

And how she kept locking eyes with Jennie throughout.

How she offered Eunbin counterpoints and ideas to help with the case, even though she wasn't sitting second chair.

Or involved in the case at all.

How she always, always tries to get in Jennie's head.

And Jennie stews in it.

She's up and out of her chair before she can really think about it. Grabbing her things and following wherever her feet take her.

Xx

"Jennie, what a surprise. You're here late." Lisa glances up as Jennie slams the office door shut behind her, her anger getting the better of her.

"So are you. Why? You're not on trial this week."

Lisa stands and crosses to the front of her desk, arms folded.

"No, I'm not."

"Right. So why are you sitting in on my bench trial?"

There's a glare, an almost roll of the eyes.

"I'm supporting Eunbin. She's new."

"I know she is, I'm having fun with that," Jennie smirks.

"Ah yes, that's right. You like to play with your prey before you take it down."

Now it's Jennie's turn to glare. "You would know. I see that supporting Eunbin includes smirking and judging every argument I build. Trying to get her a win by throwing me off my game?"

Lisa laughs. One hard bark of a laugh.

"Why, is it working?"

"Hardly."

"So that's why you're in my office at eight thirty at night harassing me about observing a trial? Sure, Jennie."

Lisa leans forward with that smug smile she seems to always wear in Jennie's presence.

"Oh, shut the fuck up, Lisa."

Her face is in Jennie's hands before she realizes what she's doing.

Her lips on Lisa's before her brain can catch up.

It's a hungry kiss, hot and immediately deep.

Lisa doesn't hold back, wraps her arms around Jennie's waist and pulls her closer. Jennie feels as if her body is on fire with it.

She doesn't stop, can't stop attacking Lisa's mouth. Needing her to be quiet. To stop gaining the upper hand.

She feels herself being guided backward.

Hits the tall bookshelf that occupies the wall next to the door. It digs into her back.

"Make me, Kim," Lisa husks out, her hands needy and gripping at Jennie's waist.

The buttons of Lisa's shirt aren't coming undone fast enough for Jennie's liking, so she grabs the fabric and rips it apart.

Lisa makes a noise of complaint, but Jennie can't find it in herself to care. She pulls the shirt open and swallows Lisa's growl. "What the fuck, this is one of my favorite shirts."

"It's a plain blue shirt, Lisa. Are you serious right now?"

Lisa growls again and nips at Jennie's lip.

Jennie is too busy staring at the perfect breasts caged by another lacy bra to kiss her back. Lisa pulls away from Jennie's lips to fist her hair and tilt her head up for more access to her throat.

"Is this from your I'm-getting-laid-now-so-I-have-to-wear-the-fancy-shit collection?"

Lisa stops her kisses and stares at her incredulously, "Considering I wasn't planning on this happening again, let alone the first time, what do you think?"

"I think that's kind of hot, not gonna lie."

Lisa doesn't answer, just readjusts Jennie against the bookcase, guiding her hand behind them to grab on to the shelf, while she picks up Jennie's right leg with the other.

"Do you?" There's a rasp in Lisa's voice that causes a flood.

Her pants are open in seconds and Lisa slides inside with ease.

The moan she lets out is dirty. Animal.
Loud.

"Kim!"

She stops her movements and Jennie bites at her lip to keep the whine inside.

"I will not lose my job over this, be quiet."

"No one else is here..." Jennie pants and thrusts her hips trying to get Lisa to move again.

"You don't know that." She twitches her fingers and Jennie stifles the sound she longs to let free.

Lisa studies her for a long moment, before thrusting inside fast and deep.

Jennie bites down on her clothed shoulder, stifling the moans Lisa pulls out of her. It seems to spur Lisa on, her thrusts less controlled.

That familiar buzzing builds behind Jennie's hips and she knows it's going to be over soon.

Lisa starts licking into her neck and nips at the skin just behind her ear and Jennie falls apart, muffling the sounds of her pleasure into Lisa's collar.

When she can finally breathe, her hands work fast at Lisa's belt buckle, gaining access quickly.

Lisa husks a heavy breath into her ear and sets Jennie's leg back on the floor, grabbing the shelves that rest behind Jennie's head.

Jennie licks at the sweat that's gathered in the dips of Lisa's collarbones. Her neck.

Slides her fingers inside and starts moving slowly through her.

"Jennie, please," she whimpers, actually whimpers into Jennie.

And Jennie can't hold back even if she wanted to, sinking into Lisa with a sigh of relief.

Lisa rocks down, grinds onto her fingers and chases her release in time with the pace Jennie sets.

It's hard and fast and the angle jams Jennie's wrist but she doesn't care. Not with Lisa breathing like that. Not with Lisa looking like that.

Not with the flutter of her pulse that's so apparent beneath Jennie's lips.

She pulls away to breathe and Lisa locks onto her. Thrusting down harder and harder.

Her eyes dark, dark.

Jennie watches the twitch on Lisa's stomach. Feels the way her walls begin to clench. Curls her fingers, licks up her long, lean neck and smiles as Lisa comes hard, moaning into her hair, her breath hot and muggy against Jennie's skin.

They stand like that panting for a long moment. Jennie's wrist screaming, but she's too terrified to move. Too caught in whatever this is.

Again.

When she does, Lisa shivers. Pulls herself away from Jennie and licks her lips.

"So, this happened again." She tries to straighten her shirt and pouts when she can't get it to cover her right.

"Shhh, don't ruin it with talking."

"Ruin what, Jennie?"

"My post-orgasm buzz."

Lisa sighs and the moment is gone.

"You owe me a new shirt." Lisa looks down at the torn garment and then the floor. "Christ, the buttons are across the room!"

Jennie rolls her eyes, "You know, you might be the only person alive to complain about a hot woman ripping your shirt off before you got to fuck her."

Lisa glares at her and there's a beat of triumph.

It disappears the second Jennie tries to walk away. There's an ache in her back and her leg wobbles.

"That good, huh?"

Lisa's eyes glow and that smirk is back.

Settled deep in her cheeks.

"Oh, fuck you." Jennie straightens her shirt and turns to leave the office.

"You just did."

She can't even be bothered to give Lisa the satisfaction of a reaction. Just walks as quickly as possible to the end of the hall and the elevator that will take her home.

What the hell, Kim.

Xx

She catches some eyes when she walks into court again in the morning. Her skirt slightly too tight and pulled from the depths of her closet. Her shirt just the right shade of blue to accentuate her eyes. Her hair just the perfect amount of wave to catch the light.

It's low, and she knows it.

But she doesn't care.

If Lisa is going to come in and try to fuck with her while she's on trial, then she's sure as shit going to fuck right back.

So what if she gets a few extra stares, it'll be worth it when Lisa walks in again.

She had noticed an angry, purple bruise on the small of her back as she was getting out of the shower. And her hip was still sore from the angle Lisa held it up in while her hand worked inside Jennie's pants.

It was enough to have her take a steadying breath before getting dressed.

Her client is early today and they discuss the strategy for the day, going over a few notes and Jennie's main ideas for questioning.

And when Eunbin walks in, she's not alone.

Striding beside her is not Lisa, but Lisa's friend Rosé. Jennie barely bites back a sigh.

"Well, well, well, I didn't know you were the opposition on this case, Kim."

Jennie raises an eyebrow and assesses Rosé's pose, her crossed arms and the look of indifference on her face.

"Oh, that's interesting. Well make yourself at home, seems Eunbin here has a revolving door of moral support."

It's pointed, and she almost feels bad when Eunbin looks to the floor, but it's her case to lose at this point and fuck it if she's going to let that happen.

Xx

Jennie channels her disappointment at Eunbin's chosen help for the day into destroying every argument the girl puts forward. It should be harder than it is, but she can anticipate exactly where Eunbin is going way before she gets there.

And, if she's being honest, it hasn't been this refreshing sitting in a courtroom in a long time.

Rosé shoots daggers her way the entire session, her voice pointed and direct when she speaks with Eunbin.

Not at all like Lisa, who was firm but gentle with the baby bird.

Xx

The door squeaks open again as Jennie is getting ready for the afternoon session, and she turns her head slightly to watch Lisa stroll forward, her eyes meeting Jennie's before sweeping down quickly to take in the skirt.

Jennie gets a thrill from the dark look that crosses Lisa's face before she clears her throat and regains her composure.

"Kim," she offers a slight nod of hello.

"Manoban," Jennie smirks back, leans over the table to say something quietly to her client.

She feels a heavy gaze on her.

It's broken up by the bailiff's "All rise."

And just like that Jennie tucks back into her case.

Xx

Lisa disappears before their session wraps up and Jennie doesn't have time to follow her. She needs to prepare her evidence for the morning, the DA's office finally resting.

It's her time to shine and she knows it.

She's ready, she's prepared, she's got this.

That doesn't mean her mind doesn't wander to Lisa and the stress relief that would come from an orgasm or two.

Especially not after the way Lisa looked at her all afternoon.

But, there's no time.

And Jennie really needs to put a pin in that whole situation anyway.

Xx

There's a shift that happens when she pulls on the maroon dress in the morning. It's one of her favorites to wear in court, it makes her feel powerful and strong. Like she can do no wrong.

This day is no different.

As confident as she's feeling about her evidence and her witnesses, it's not over until the judge says it is.

She picks out her favorite blazer and takes a deep breath, ready to face the new day. There is a slight jitter in her stomach, the one that's always there before it's her turn. The one that can be comforting or terrifying depending on the day or the case.

It's an old friend today. Propelling her through the morning, through her walk to the courthouse, through her standard greetings to the familiar faces that litter the various halls of the building.

Eunbin is already seated at her table when Jennie arrives. Her files before her on the table and her notepad out and ready for notes. She offers a meek hello when Jennie sets her things down, and Jennie can see the way her shoulders deflate.

And, really, she should feel bad. A part of her does, the part that remembers what it was like to finally get her license only to feel like she had so much more to learn.

A familiar voice enters the courtroom, already in conversation with someone else. Eunbin's help coming in the form of Lisa and Rosé.

Double trouble, today.

Lisa's eyes slide appraisingly over the dress before she meets Jennie's in a heated gaze. Jennie just shrugs and goes back to her work, looking over bullet points she knows by heart already just for something to do.

She really needs to stop the desire to look up and find Lisa again.

And again.

Xx

In the end, it's over before it really even begins. Jennie made it through her evidence with a quick, concise professionalism that Eunbin could not keep up with.

The other attorney barely even objected to anything she presented.

And, really, they have their work cut out for them if they're going to make her anything that can run with that pack of wolves in the DA's office.

The verdict comes back not guilty, and that soothing relief runs through Jennie's veins. Her body instantly relaxing in the haze of it all. Her client grabs her in a hug and thanks her profusely before finding his family in the back of the courtroom, all of them awash in tears.

Lisa and Rosé both close rank around Eunbin, speaking in fast, low tones with hands on each of her shoulders. Jennie wanted to say something, to offer the other girl some words of advice, but she won't break up that moment. It's probably more important than anything she would have said anyway.

Xx

There's still something about hearing those words that will never get old. That will never go away.

Not guilty.

A job well done.

Hyeri and Jackson drag her to their regular bar to celebrate the win with food and beer and a few rounds of shots.

They lose themselves in the atmosphere, playing pool and laughing about how ridiculous all of it is.

Jennie doesn't see when Eunbin and the group from the DA's office arrives, but she does spot them in a booth in the corner, Eunbin's head in her hands and the rest of the group quiet. Too quiet for a Friday night.

"Jennie, yo, it's your turn."

"Alright, alright." She lines up the cue and sinks three before missing the only ball she's got left. When she looks back up, Eunbin is alone at the bar.

She makes her move, signaling to Chanmi for two more.

"Hey, how you holding up?"

Eunbin's eyes are wide, not expecting Jennie to be the one offering her another beer.

"Uh, not great."

"Yeah. I lost my first case, too. It was… god, it was fucking shitty," she admits.

"Why are you here?"

Jennie shrugs, "I thought I'd offer you some advice. See how you were doing."

Eunbin rolls her eyes, "Come over to gloat?"

"Not at all." Jennie hopes her voice sounds as sincere as she means it. "I know that those two will hone you down into a fucking machine, but until they do… you've got to remember to object to shit, okay? I don't care if you feel like it's shaky. Just stand up and do it. Because you never know what the judge is going to agree with or allow, alright?"

There's a small, defeated nod. "Yeah. I know."

"It gets easier. It's still hard, but it gets easier."

She leaves after that, not able to look at the girl crumbling before her any longer.

Not ready for the assault on her joy.

Not at all aware of Lisa watching her the entire time, until she makes it back to the pool table and green eyes flit away faster than she would have thought possible.

Xx

Jackson offers to walk back to the office with her so she can collect her things, but she shakes him off and pours him into a cab. He's so drunk he would be no use to her anyway.

The walk is short and well lit and gives Jennie time to answer her texts. The elevator is already waiting for her in the lobby and she doesn't pay attention to anything but pressing the floor button and typing a response to Jisoo.

Not until a hand reaches out and stops the door from closing.

Jennie's heart leaps into her throat until she finds who is on the other side.

Lisa with wide eyes, flushed cheeks and a look on her face that speaks volumes.

She slides inside the elevator with ease, her gaze locked on Jennie's chest.

"Do you make it a habit of stalking people? I would have thought your office frowned upon that."

"Shut up, Jennie."

Lisa grabs her in a wild kiss, all tongue and teeth already. Pushing her into the wall of the elevator, the handle digging into Jennie's ass. Jennie sinks into it, into the ferocity of the kiss and Lisa's hands pulling her closer.

She moans and grabs onto Lisa's waist, tugging at the shirt that sits tucked neatly into pants, needing to feel skin.

They almost don't hear the elevator door open, or ding in warning, but somehow, somehow, Jennie realizes it. Pushes Lisa off of her and grabs her hand, threading their fingers together and pulling her into the dark suite. Ever grateful for the large corner office she inherited.

The door slams loudly in the empty space as she pushes Lisa up against it, digging the shirt out of pants and finally running hands up along her stomach. The flinches and twitches causing her to smile into Lisa's mouth.

"It's endlessly amusing how ticklish you are," she gasps when they finally break apart. Lisa's eyes are dark and zeroed in on her mouth.

"Jennie," she warns.

"What? I'm just calling it like I see it."

She shrugs and finds those collarbones again. The ones that could slice her if given the chance. Arousal flooding through her at the moan Lisa lets out, the sound of her head knocking back against the door as she adjusts to give Jennie more access. The way her hands grip at Jennie's back, her ass.

She begins to work at the buttons of Lisa's shirt, needing more skin. The desire to see Lisa bare before her suddenly the only thing she can think about.

"So," Lisa gasps. "You do know how to work buttons."

Jennie just levels a glare at her and pulls the open shirt off strong shoulders. Her eyes landing on a mark that looks suspiciously like teeth.

"Yeah, thanks for that."

"That was me?"

"Mhm, in my office the other day."

Jennie remembers the sex, the way Lisa's fingers worked into her, how she had to stifle the noises. She doesn't remember biting down that hard…

She's not surprised.

Lisa is out of her shirt and pants in no time and pushing Jennie back to the large, old leather couch that resides under the windows of the far wall of the office. Her hands work at the zipper at the back of Jennie's dress and she slides it down quickly, unhooking Jennie's bra as Jennie steps out of the pool of fabric.

She smirks at the sorry excuse for underwear Jennie pulled on under the stockings, and Jennie pulls her back in for a greedy kiss. She lands on the couch with a soft thud, pulling Lisa down with her, unwilling to stop, to pull her lips away.

Lisa kneels down, hands running along Jennie's thighs, up her sides, cupping her tits and rolling thumbs over hard nipples.

And Jennie, Jennie has to breathe.

She drops a kiss on Lisa's shoulder, running her tongue along the bruise. Lisa's breath catches and she slides her mouth over Jennie's cleavage, before sliding down, down, down.

"Who knew your team losing a case would get you this hot?"

"Shut up, Jennie." Comes muffled against the skin of her belly. Lisa pulling her towards the edge of the couch.

"I'm serious, I never knew my winning turned you on. If I had known sooner..." Jennie can't handle the slow pace. Needs Lisa to stop messing around and get to work.

"Shut. The. Fuck. Up. Jennie." She nips at skin and stops just below Jennie's belly button, eyes looking up with a question.

Jennie swallows her retort and bites her lip, nodding at Lisa.

And, oh god, she almost loses it as soon as Lisa's tongue is on her. Hands gripping at the couch and her back arching up.

She moans so loud it surprises even her.

More surprising is Lisa's echoing groan, as she runs a flat tongue all the way through Jennie.

"Holy fuck-" Jennie gasps and slides her hands into Lisa's hair.

The way she breaks the silence seems to displease Lisa, who removes her tongue and bites the inside of her thigh, hard and with intent. Jennie growls and tugs her hair. "Are you finished?" Lisa glares, leaving no question about what she is referring to.

"I think you know that I'm not…"
Still, she doesn't move. Jennie takes the hint and makes a show of biting her lip.

And with that, Lisa smirks and gets back to work.

Xx

Lisa does everything with intensity.

The other woman settles between her thighs and fuck it feels better and better with each lick.

Tongue dedicated and swift, moving through her, hands firmly on Jennie's hips. Eyes dark and hooded when they look up through long lashes to find Jennie's just when she slips inside.

Jennie can't help the moan that rips from her throat. Or the way her hands fist into Lisa's long mane, tangling and gripping.

She can feel Lisa smile.

Can see the hint of it play on her face as she moves through Jennie, her mouth skilled and determined. Jennie was on edge since Lisa began moving slowly down her body, long hair dragging across her torso, her hips.

Kissing and licking, hot and deep.

Her hands pinning Jennie down.

Jennie comes hard, the waves rolling through her for what feels like an eternity. Lisa doesn't stop, doesn't slow down. Laps at her until it's too much and she pushes her away.

The look on Lisa's face is… completely blissed out.

Jennie doesn't know how to handle it.

She takes a deep breath and runs her hands over her eyes, trying to come down.

"Honestly, what happens next time I beat you in court?" She can't help it, she really can't. All she wants to do is lose herself in the feeling of Lisa still between her thighs.

But… she can't.

Lisa wipes the bottom of her chin.

"When's the last time that happened?" She looks so fucking smug about it that Jennie wants to shove her.

She has to take a few deep breaths as Lisa's mouth moves over her thighs, nips at her hipbones. She's still feeling the aftershocks roll through her, with Lisa still there, her hands still gripping at Jennie.

"That was one hell of an oral argument, counselor."

Lisa glares up at her. "Can you not? Do you have to ruin everything with that mouth?"

"Oh, you haven't seen what this mouth can do…" Jennie husks, clenching again with Lisa's hot breath still right there and her body too sensitive.

She guides Lisa back up to her mouth, kissing her taste off Lisa's lips and pulling her up onto her lap.

"You know, one of these days I'm going to get you first."

"Fat chance of that ever happening, Kim." Lisa dips back down for a kiss and Jennie lets her take control, set the pace.

When they finally break apart, she nips at Lisa's beautifully bruised bottom lip.

"You know how much I love a challenge, Manoban."

And it's the most they've talked about whatever this odd dance is between them. Admitted it to themselves and each other.

Her hand drifts between Lisa's thighs and she captures those lips again. Too enthralled with how they feel against her own.

She groans, Lisa is soaked.

She falters in their kiss with a sharp inhale when Jennie works through her.

"Fuck, you're so wet."

"Shut up, Jennie," she growls, grabbing Jennie's wrist and burying her fingers inside. "Just fuck me already."

"Yes, ma'am."

And she does, working a steady pace into Lisa and keeping their mouths attached for as long as she can, until Lisa can't focus on kissing her anymore.

Too close to her finish.

And she is glorious when she comes.

Head thrown back, hair cascading down her back, and trusting Jennie's other hand between her shoulder blades to hold her upright.

And Jennie, Jennie can't get enough of the sight.

Xx

Jennie doesn't get her first, but she does get Lisa twice. Flipping her over and pinning her against the couch, settling herself between long legs and finally tasting her.

This time when she comes on Jennie's mouth, it isn't as hard or strong. It's a slow steady build up, that has her hips rolling into Jennie and a steady stream of moans and whimpers from her mouth.

Jennie has to stop herself from burying her own fingers deep inside and getting herself off again, focusing instead on Lisa's pleasure and the fact that she's gotten her to unravel twice in a row.

Xx

Lisa buttons her shirt in the dark office, the only light coming from the streetlights and moon outside the large windows. She works methodically, the dark satin bra disappears as she moves through the space studying the pictures on Jennie's bookcase. Her framed diplomas on the wall. The vase of flowers on her desk.

Jennie doesn't speak, simply watches Lisa take it all in. Add to the picture she had in her mind of who Jennie Kim is.

"UCLA?"

"Mhm. I grew up in California."

Lisa nods. "Makes sense."

Jennie finds that odd. "How so?"

Lisa dips her head down and tucks her shirt in, a small shrug of her shoulders. "You seem very Cali."

"What, vapid and narcissistic? Brunette?"

Lisa smirks, "Why do you always turn everything into a negative? It's like this unique gift you have..." she huffs.

"Whatever, Lisa." Jennie stands and reaches for her bra. Enjoying the way Lisa can't not look at her as she does so.

Lisa breaks out of her trance after a long moment, adjusts her shirt and pulls her long, messy and tangled hair from beneath the collar, throwing it over one shoulder in an attempt to control the mane Jennie created with her hands.

"Alright, then."

She leaves without another word and Jennie finds she can't hold on to her usual spite.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67K 2.1K 7
In the heart of Alaska, Lisa Manoban, an accident-prone firefighter, and Jennie Kim, a dedicated ER doctor who's new to town, routinely cross paths. ...
1.4K 119 14
β”β”β”β”βŠ±β‹†βŠ°β”β”β”β” Noah Uqaysh x Uhayra Mikayla Uhayra seorang gadis yang cantik paras rupa dan sering menjadi perhatian ramai jejaka dari zaman sekolah men...
1.7M 94.3K 87
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
1.1M 27.4K 45
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...