Do You Still Love Me? (Sequel)

De Sweeetpotato

Sequel to 'My Bestfriend Loves Me' This is the story of Adam and Adaline three years past that dreadful night. Mai multe

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Author's Note
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Epilogue

Chapter 8

492 17 2
De Sweeetpotato

I stared at my reflection in the mirror and saw a pitiful girl looking back at me. My eyes had bags under them and my nose was red because of all the crying. I genuinely need to get over Adam. Three years is sufficient enough to get over a douchebag like him but I still can't get myself to do it. To distract myself from his thoughts, I started cleaning my cupboard but ended up finding a gift from Adam. It was a plain silver necklace with a star in the middle. He had gifted me this after a few weeks of our dating. It was more like a promise to me, he had vowed that one day he'll replace the necklace with a ring. But it's funny how he ended up giving my ring and my place in his life to someone else.

Why didn't you throw the necklace yet Adaline? Because you are still hoping for him to come back to you, my subconscious answered. Maybe it's time for me to return this to him. Maybe it's time for me to finally move on.

A small knock on the door jerked me out of my thoughts. "Hey, can I come in?" Sienna asked with a sweet smile on her face. The moment she saw my face she realised something was wrong because she instantly barged in and gave me a bear hug. "Were you crying Ad?"

I wish I could lie to her but my face was way too expressive to reveal the truth. "Umm..just for a while," I confessed and hugged her back. This is all I need at the moment. Hugs, lots and lots of hugs. It somehow helps me calm a lot.

"I want to kick Adam in his balls. He's such an asshole." Sienna's face was boiling with anger. Her resentment towards Adam was rational yet I didn't want her to act on it. After everything that I have been through, I still care for him. My stupid heart still longs for him.

"Let's not talk about him, please. How about we go downstairs and cook something together?" I said to change the subject. I have cried enough thinking about him, I can't continue to do that for the rest of the day. I really needed a distraction.

"Okay. Time to make some cupcakes together!" Sienna cheered which made me giggle.  I'm so blessed to have a sister like her, she's literally the best.

We went downstairs and started working on our cupcake recipe. Sienna proceeded with rummaging all the ingredients from the shelf one by one, whereas I searched for all the utensils - two bowls, one whisk and one spatula.

"Wow! What are you girls up to?" Alex asked entering the kitchen

Sienna gave him a big smile and said, "We are making cupcakes for everyone."

"That's amazing," he said and gave her a kiss on the cheeks. These guys are the cutest. I wanted to compliment them but instead, I just stuck my tongue out for Alex. He responded to it by pinching my nose. "Ouch. That hurts Alex." I yell at him.

"This is for not telling me about you and Eric." He pinches me again but I'm too confused to react this time. How did he find out? I glance at Sienna but she mirrored my confused look, which clearly meant she wasn't the one to break this news to Alex. Who was it then?

"If you are wondering who told me about it...let me tell you that it was Eric," Alex replied with a smile. 

I couldn't grasp why Eric told my brother about this. Now that Alex knows, this fake relationship has become official. "I'm sorry for not telling you," I say in a low tone.

"It's fine Ad. I'm happy as long as my sister is happy," he said and gave me a hug. "Honestly I was a little mad when you broke up with Adam. But now that you both are happy in your respective lives, I'm relieved."

Sienna made an ugly face the moment she heard Alex say that. Happy in our respective lives? You are wrong Alex. Adam is the only one who's happy, I wish I could tell you the truth but it's better for you to not know.

"Yes. It was better for us to separate our ways," I lied. I felt an ache in my heart while saying the word separate. The truth is I never wanted him to leave my life. I had envisioned our future together but now that he's happy in his own little world, I have finally accepted the reality that we were never meant for each other.

Suddenly the doorbell rang which made me wonder who it was. "It's Eric," said Alex after seeing my dazed look. "I called him home for dinner, it's time you introduce your boyfriend to mum and dad," he added with a smile and stepped out to open the door for him.

Oh my god! I wasn't ready for this... I'm going to kill Eric for telling this to my brother.

"Don't worry, I'll handle him Adaline," Sienna mumbled in a concerned tone.

"No, let it be. If you tell him that Eric is my fake boyfriend, then he'll ask more questions."

Sienna nodded her head in understanding. "I'm going to head out and send Eric inside. You can talk to him then," she said and quietly left the kitchen. Within a few minutes, Eric entered the kitchen with a beaming face."Someone looks pissed."

"Why the hell did you tell Alex everything? He has called you here because he wants to officially introduce you to my parents."

"I know that Ad. I'm here to play the role of your fake boyfriend, which by the way I'm enjoying a ton."

I can't believe this guy. How can he appear so chilled at this moment?

"Eric I'm done with all this okay," I blurted out. "Look, I made you my fake boyfriend because I wanted to make Adam jealous. I was stupid enough to think we still had a chance. I believed maybe if I pretend to be your girl, he might realise what he has lost and try to win me back but I was wrong. He's happy with Tessa and Sophie. So my plan was of no use. I don't need a fake boyfriend anymore."

Eric's smiley look now changed to an apprehensive one, he cupped my face with both his hands. "You found out about Sophie?"

I didn't have enough strength to look him in the eye and answer. Sophie's topic tore me apart every single time. She's a lovely kid and I can't deny that I enjoyed her company but the fact that she's Adam's kid is what hurts the most. "Yes. I saw them at the mall together."

"Are you okay Adaline?"

"I'm fine. After seeing Sophie, I have realised that it's time for me to move on. Adam can't be mine anymore," I replied and a tear escaped my eye. He lightly dabbed my face with the back of his hand and said, "It's okay. You'll move on soon."

"I hope so too."

"Look at me, I was crazy in love with Sienna a few years back but once I realised she can't reciprocate my feelings, I moved on. I mean obviously, it's not going to be easy but it's not impossible Adaline. Who knows, maybe you and Adam might end up becoming good friends like Sienna and me," he said and I rolled my eyes at him. I don't think I can ever be friends with Adam again. It's only going to sting me more, seeing him happy with some other woman.

Suddenly my phone buzzed and I checked it to find the most unexpected message of my life. It was from Tessa.

Can we meet?

I stared at the message for a few seconds. Why would she want to see me? I don't think I have done anything to ruin her perfectly happy family.

"Who's it?" Eric asked peeping on my phone. The moment he saw the text, he was stunned too. "Why does she want to meet you?"

"I don't know. Maybe Adam told her about my meeting with Sophie at the mall," I said and replied to Tessa's text message with a 'Sure'.  Honestly, it's good that she texted because I wanted to meet with her too. After seeing Sophie, I have finally put all the puzzles in its place. That day when I saw Tessa crying in the washroom, it was because of Adam. She must have found out that she's expecting and that's why Adam broke up with me. He knew he had to take responsibility for his child. That's why he never tried to win me back, he had found his happy place with Tessa and his child. He didn't need me anymore.

I was snapped out of my reverie by Eric's voice. "She wants to meet you at the rose cafe. Do you want me to tag along?"

"No. I can manage."

"Okay fine, but just promise me one thing."

"What?"

"Let's continue this fake relationship."

"What! Why would you want this Eric?"

"I don't know what happened between you two that tore you apart, but this is the only way I can help you Ad. I don't want you to look weak in front of Adam. That asshole is enjoying his life, you need to show him that you're having fun too."

I chuckled softly, Eric is a real sweetheart. Even though I felt bad for using him, he merrily wants me to continue doing it. I nod my head and give him a hug before leaving the house to meet Tessa. I inform Alex and Sienna that I'll be back before dinner. Sienna was a bit concerned to know that I was going alone to meet Tessa, she wanted to come along.

"Don't worry Si. It's time for me to close Adam and Tessa' chapter forever and start anew. I'll end everything today and be back before you know it." I winked at her which instantly brought a smile on her face.

***
Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Ps do you think Adaline will find the truth when she meets Tessa in the next chapter?

Please don't forget to vote and comment down below.

Thank you

Love you all <3

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

Luna De anya jayvyn

Ficțiune adolescenți

7.5M 329K 47
A bullied girl meets the popular new student. ***** "Still saying that you're perfectly okay?" Max whispers. I'm surprised to hear that his voice is...
1.3K 39 37
One night labels Summer a cheater. Summer's whole life changes after one-night shatters everything she holds important. She suddenly finds herself tr...
64 0 22
In a world of secret lovers, mistaken notes, and a bully who tries to bring me down, our friendship is put to the test. Will love conquer all? Find o...
Fix Me De AJ

Ficțiune generală

225K 4.4K 46
Four years after the car accident, and neither one of them have been the same since. He broke her. Now, he has to fix her. //Sequel to Break Me//