violent delights, percy jacks...

Por siriuslymack

hope burns brightest amongst the flames. โ”€โ”€ ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ž๐™ช๐™จ๐™ก๐™ฎ๐™ข๐™–๐™˜๐™  ยฉ // 2021 Mais

introduction
synopsis
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen

chapter four

958 65 4
Por siriuslymack

VIOLENT DELIGHTS
─────────────────────────
( chapter four! )

LUNCH WAS A CHAOTIC AFFAIR, to say the least. Azalea had walked into the pavilion with Chiron as per request and quite literally had every single pair of eyeballs trained on her as she was publicly stated as the new camper from the woods of the southern border. So not only was she the new kid with the unknown godly parent, but she was the freaky girl from the woods that had twigs in her hair earlier. Talk about embarrassing.

She was instructed to sit wherever she wanted for lunch, though at dinner she would have to sit with her rightful cabin so they could send offerings away properly to the gods, whatever that meant. The last thing the blonde haired girl was going to do was offer her father a decent meal. Without a second thought, Azalea took advantage of this and plopped down next to Micheal at the Apollo table who was grinning widely and waving like a mad man to try and get her attention. Normally she would run the other direction from such enthusiasm, but it wasn't like she could sit with Mr. D at the front of the room and converse at length about the idiots at camp. So choice number two was the blonde kid and only other person she knew at camp.

"Hey Azalea!" Micheal greeted with a wide smile as he made room for her right beside him. "How was the tour? Did Mr. D show you the orientation film at the Big House?"

He talked at a pace so rapid, Azalea barely caught most of what he spoke and blinked at him for a few short seconds as she slowly spoke to the anxious ears of all the people around them.

"It was fine I 'pose," She cautioned a glance to all the listening ears around them. At the table there was good ten or so kids all varying in ages and ethnicities, and all the attention was on her. It was unsettling to say the least. "Chiron was boring, but Mr. D was rather funny. He's a good storyteller."

At that everyone at the table gave varying degrees of laughter and rolls of their eyes. Azalea played dumb and asked what she had said wrong, only for the oldest at the table with shoulder length blonde dreadlocks and an ear piercing to state, "Mr. D is hardly a funny guy." He paused here as he added "He more or less hates everyone and anything to do with this camp. I'm Lee Fletcher, by the way, senior cabin counsellor for Apollo."

"Azalea Bates," She introduced simply and ignored all that he said about Mr. D. The last thing she needed to do was cause a scene in defence of a god that likely hated everyone within the camp and ostracize herself. Luke had instructed her to stay low, so stay low she shall.

"That's a mouthful of a first name," The girl on the other side of Micheal spoke. She wore a blue bandana to hold back her frizzy brown hair that was a nearly identical to the shade of her skin. She was cute with her pointed features and button nose, though she was by far the youngest at the table being maybe nine years old total. Her eyes matched Micheals, the only thing that she really had in common with anyone for resemblance. Everyone at the table otherwise seemed to have freckles or tan skin, few had both and a good chunk of them had matching water blue eyes. Lots also had blonde hair or at least a lighter shade of brown. It was interesting to say the least the way the genetics rolled out. It was by luck that Azalea didn't completely hold true to the genetics.

"Well it's the only one I got," Azalea responded slowly unsure how else to respond to the young girl. Was she supposed to make up a new name? Ignore the comment altogether? The only experiment she had with younger kids had been her younger brother and they didn't exactly speak or associate a lot in their youth.

"Not anymore," She grinned widely with a strange sort of sparkle in her eyes that instantly had Azalea on edge. It was the same look her youngest brother Thomas used to give her before tying her shoelaces in knots at the front door or hiding an old milk cup in her bedroom to stink it up. "From now on I'm calling you Lea."

Azalea raised her brows at that with a small smirk edging onto her lips as the younger girl reminded her of her own siblings. Though the small happiness that filled her soon flickered out are the remembrance of why they weren't alive anymore in the first place. Instinctively, she pulled her hands away from the table and clenched them tightly in her lap to keep the danger to herself and away from the sassy brown haired girl.

"Don't mind Mandy," Micheal stated with a little sigh as he ruffled her curls much to the little girls chagrin. She batted at Micheal hands like start flys to ward them away. "She has a thing for nicknames."

"Right," Azalea nodded as she watched the girl, Mandy stick out her tongue at Micheal, before staring heatedly at her plate. The dirty blonde girl was about to ask what she was thinking out so hardly when she nearly fell off the bench in shock. On Mandys golden platter an entire plate of chicken wings and salad appeared out of thin air.

At her reaction, Lee had snickered loudly without bothering to hide his bright smiled grin, while Micheal forced down his own laughter as he explained slowly, "Sorry I forgot about that. So these plates are magic,"

Azalea had to force herself not to glare to hard at him to make him realize that she had oddly enough figured that out herself. Perhaps it was the sudden appeared of food that scared the living daylights out of her. But who knows?

"And," he counting without a second as he let his eyes glance up to hers before reinactimg Mandys previous concentration scowl, before his won plate filled with his choice of meal. "You just gotta think of what you want and it will appear. Same with the cups."

At that a glass if orange juice filled his golden goblet while his platter filed with some sort of grilled sandwich with French fries. Azalea swallowed a tablespoon of her curiosity as she timidly, unsure if she wanted to know the answer or not, asked the blonde boy next to her.
"Anything?"

"Well, not any sort of alcohol beverage or cannabis candies, but like," Lee inputted into the conversation, as Micheal took a wide bite of his sandwich. "If you want your moms homemade cookies or your dads salmon salad sandwiches, they'll show up."

Azalea glanced at her plate unsure. She couldn't remember the last supper her parents had made her before the accident. Much less any special type of meal that had tasted any better than cardboard since joining up with Luke on the cruise-ship. Her lunches and suppers had mainly consisted off whatever sandwiches they made in the kitchen from packaged meat and nearly wilting lettuce. One time her and Ethan had snuck onto shore to go to a fast food joint for some, quote- unquote, real food. That had been one of her favourite nights with her best friend. Granted, they had gotten in a lot of trouble later, but it was the first time she had felt normal since coming into the world of demigods.

Azalea was brought back form her thoughts by Micheal nudging her in the side with his elbow lightly. "Try it and see for yourself."

With a brief nod, she stared at her plate, the shiny metal and thought of something that Ethan often proclaimed his dad made nonstop when he was younger. It was a running joke that Ethan would feel nauseous at the smell of it simply from having it for three meals everyday for nearly two years straight. Within seconds her plate filled with a spicy looking chilli and a side of garlic bread. It smelled different than what she was used to but it reminded her of the closest thing she had felt to home in a long time. Her best friend.

────────────────────

AFTER LUNCH, Azalea was dropped off at the Hermes cabin, courtesy of Micheal who had said she needed to meet her cabin counsellors until she was claimed. He also mentioned something about finding a spot to bunk before the campfire later that evening, though Azalea didn't see how finding a place to sleep would be difficult. The cabin itself was at least two times larger than all the other cabins they had walked past on the outside, though inside she realized what the blonde boy had meant.

The entire cabin was jam packed to stay the least, with all the bunks, top and bottom, filled along with the most of the floor space. There was one pathway to and from the end of the cabin, that lead to the bathroom; otherwise the floorboards were covered in sleeping bags and backpacks from other campers. Instantly, Azalea felt uncomfortable with the clutter and felt the beginnings of claustrophobia sneak into her vision. She had thought the yacht was crammed but it seemed nothing could compare to Cabin Eleven.

"Welcome to Cabin Eleven."

The sudden greeting, had Azalea whipping around to be face to face with the identical grins of two boys maybe a year apart in age but looking to be twins. The only thing setting the two apart was the one on the left being a good four inches taller and wearing cut off jean shorts instead of the beige khaki ones that his brother adorned.

Micheal grinned at the two boys and spoke for the girl as she stared at the two with shock. "Azalea meet the Stoll brothers, Travis and Connor. They'll be your Cabin Counsellors for Eleven until you're claimed."

They had to be Luke's brothers that he mentioned on the yacht once of twice in passing conversation. The legendary troublemakers, Connor and Travis Stoll. Luke didn't ever say much about his time at Camp Half-blood or his siblings there but when he did he usually brought up these two with a sort of fondness that couldn't be explained verbally. He held a soft spot for them, whether because they had the same father or because he simply liked their humour, Azalea could never be sure.

Azalea quickly snapped back at attention and gave the boys a small grin. She knew a thing or two about Hermes kids. Usually having a tendency to pickpocket and always good at getting out of tight situations. If they were like Luke she assumed them to be decent swordsmen as well, though by the gangly frames and lack of any significant scars on either of them, Azalea didn't think they were.

"As you can see were a little full," The taller one on the left spoke as he gave a half hearted glanced around the cabin in explanation. "But, there should be a spot by Lou to set your things if you brought any."

Azalea gave a glance to where he pointed. There was a patch of open floorboards, next to a messy looking bunk with fairy lights hung around the wood frame. There was a flattened pillow and light yellow and blue stared sheets covering it.

"Though I wouldn't leave them unattended," the shorter one quickly spoke, bringing Azalea's eyes back to him as he gave an impish grin that made his one dimple stand out in his cheeks. "This is the cabin of thieves, merchants and messengers."

"Also travellers," The taller one spoke over as he nudged his brother sharply with his elbow. Azalea tried to hold in a snicker at the pair as they silently fought with one another. "We take in all the people who have no where else to go too."

"Good thing I don't have anything to set down then," Azalea grinned, while the two just matched her facial expression. Feeling pointless standing around, Micheal quickly said that he would leave her with the two boys to get settled and that he had literacy at the art gallery in ten so he would see Azalea later. The girl in question said a simple goodbye to the blonde boy as he walked out the doorway.

"Right then," The tallest of the two clapped his hands together in a loud smack as he pulled a bag that, Azalea has failed to notice around his shoulders in front of his torso."So, Connor and I borrowed some things from the cabin store. Just a sleeping bag, pillow. The essentials for a lengthy stay."

Azalea smirked as she took the extended bag from his outstretched hands. "I'm going to assume by borrowed you mean stole."

The younger boy winked while his brother went a light pink at the insinuation. Neither do the two boys confirmed or denied her assumption, instead the younger boy, Connor she again presumed his name to be, spoke."She learns fast, Travis."

"I'm sure Lou or Colleen could offer you a few extra sets of clothes," Travis continued as Azalea quickly looked through the bag. The sleeping bag was a navy colour and shiny in texture. Thermal and insulted, while the pillow was small and grey in colour. The toiletries were in a plastic bag. "So you don't have to wear the same outfit everyday."

Azalea nodded, "Thank you."

"No problem," Travis grinned as he gestured to the far side of the cabin, "Bathroom is straight ahead if you want go get cleaned up. The rest of the cabin has archery right now so we best be heading over to the fields."

Connor jabbed his thumb towards the door as he asked, "You know the way to find us later?"

Azalea shrugged, not exactly wanting to make them wait for her to get ready. She didn't know the patsy well but it couldn't be too hard to find a massive cabin and the archery field again, right.

"I'll figure it out."

The two nodded and grinned as they turned to leave the girl alone in the cabin. With the closing of the door Azalea let loose a breath she hadn't even known she was holding. Step one complete on getting settled at camp. Step two, clean up and dress up. Be a camper. Luke's voice once again crept into the forefront of her mind

"Adapt, play the part."

She sighed loudly in the vacant cabin before marching over to her designated piece of floor and began to unpack the things the Stoll brothers had managed to snag her from the store. Azalea laid out her sleeping bag and pillow, and examined the contents in the plastic bag. Inside she found a toothbrush and paste, a comb, three hair elastics and six tampons. Not bad for two boys to put together in the span of an afternoon.

"Are you the new girl?"

The sudden voice, nearly threw the previously lost in thought girl into cardiac arrest as she yelled at the sudden intrusion and spun around on her sleeping bag. Walking towards her was a girl not much older than herself with violet eyes and spiky green hair, wearing a cut off tie-dyed black and orange Camp Half-blood Shirt and black skinny jeans. She also wore several silver bracelets and amulet like necklaces. Azalea would have found her intimidating at first glance, except her friendly smile and innocent wave told an entirely different story to her wardrobe. Not threatening but friendly.

"I'm Lou Ellen. The Stoll twins mentioned you might need a change of clothes?"

"That's me, uh," Azalea stammered slightly blushing in embarrassment at her less than heroic shout of shock. "I'm Azalea."

"Welcome to Camp," The girl huffed as she landed on her bunk with a small thump as she pulled a duffle bag from underneath it. She shuffled through her bag, tossing out random articles of clothing.

"Most of my older stuff might fit you," Lou said simply as she dropped a few tops and shorts at her feet. "Though I recommend a shopping trip if you're planning to stay long."

"I wasn't planning to show up so I'm kind of," Azalea looked closely at one of the tops the girl had dropped on her lap with intrigue. It was faded and there was a burn mark towards the bottom hemming, but it was soft to the touch. Though red wasn't exactly her favourite colour it would likely smell and look better than the mud caked and monster dust white tank she was wearing now. "Unprepared."

"No kidding." Lou laughed as she watched the girl go through the few things she could offer. The girl herself didn't have an expansive wardrobe, unlike some of the Aphrodite kids or more vain of Apollo campers. "No worries though, I don't mind sharing."

Azalea gave her a weak lipped smile as she folded the shirt back up in her lap and set it aside along with a pair of jean shorts with fraying ends.

"Most don't fit me right anyways," Lou counted as she quickly shoved the duffle back under her bag. The last thing that was left was a pair of sweat pants and a large white top, likely for sleeping. "Growth spurt."

"Ah."

"Where are you from anyways? Chiron doesn't exactly give the best introductions."

Azalea froze as she set the pants and top aside with the others. She hadn't planned for that type of question on her first days, as she knew she couldn't exactly tell the girl who was being kind to her that she was a spy of Luke's and came from the Andromeda Yacht off the coasts of Long Island.

"You don't have to say," Lou Ellen quickly interfered as she noticed the sudden flash of fear flutter across the bronzer skinned girls face.

"No, no," Azalea quickly spluttered as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, "Michigan actually. That's where my parents live, well used to anyways. They're not exactly around anymore."

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine." Azalea dismissed monotonously. Her voice void of any feelings at all, when bringing up her late parents deaths. "It happened a long time ago."

"Still," The green haired girl apologized, "I know my words don't mean anything coming from a stranger but I'm sorry for your loss."

"Thanks," Azalea said quieter as she refused to meet the girls eyes to play the part. She knew she should act more upset upon releasing her quote- unquote tragic backstory on being a homeless orphan, but truthfully she didn't feel anything about it anymore. Not angry, not sad, not happy just kind of empty. Maybe a little remorseful and guilty at being the one who killed them all because of her internal bonfire but was she supposed to do? They were gone, there was no Orpheus and Eurydice bringing them back from the dead and honestly, she wouldn't bring them back even if she could. Maybe sweet Thomas or determined Aster, but her mom and step father? No. They weren't horrible to her but they weren't nice either. They didn't deserve to be dead but their deaths weren't as devastating as they should be to others. She was alright with being a orphan, she was good at being alone.

"I gotta get back to archery," Lou Ellen suddenly spike to the silence after the apology, and Azalea glance duo to her ya wing at her lip. From awkwardness or a lack of understanding how to proceed in their small talk, she wasn't sure. "I'll tell the boys you'll be a bit. It's probably gonna take you a solid hour to get all those tangles out of your hair."

To try and clear the air, the first blonde girl chuckled lightly as she pulled at a loose piece of hair. The end was tainted in a bit of muck and she assumed there was still likely a leaf or two somewhere hidden in its tangled.

"That bad huh?"

Her laid back attitude did the trick to bringing the short haired girl form her tizzy and she grinned. "Well, if you were going for the look of an owls nest then your spot on."

Azalea gave another short laugh as quickly thanked the girl for her generosity again and bid her goodbye, knowing she would see her again shortly. When Lou Ellen finally left the cabin, after giving her a more cheerful goodbye, Azalea set to work on gathering the newly acquired clothes in her hands and toiletries as she fled into the bathroom. When inside she mindlessly started pulling out the knots carefully with her comb after undressing. Knowing that anyone could walk into the cabin at anytime she locked the door behind her once she had gotten most of the tangles out and turned on the shower, which surprisingly had decent shower pressure. But before climbing into the shower and undressing she caught the glimmer of gold and silver dangling from her wrist. Not knowing when she would be alone again, she let the water cover her voice to any pealed ears and recorded a message to Luke.

" I'm in the camp, and everything's going according to plan."

Continuar a ler

Tambรฉm vai Gostar

235K 8.6K 114
All's Fair in Love and War The Lightning Thief: Complete The Sea of Monsters: Complete The Titans Curse: Complete The Battle of the Labyrinth: Compl...
296K 11.7K 71
๐–ค“ ๐‡๐„๐‹๐ˆ๐Ž๐๐‡๐ˆ๐‹๐ˆ๐€. (n.) desire to stay in the sun; love of sunlight โ If you want to shine like a sun, you must burn like one โž โชPercy Jack...
66.3K 2.8K 16
โ๐…๐š๐œ๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š๐ง ๐€๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ฅ, ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š ๐ค๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ซ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š ๐ ๐จ๐.โž (๐’๐„๐€๐’๐Ž๐ ๐Ÿ) (๐๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ค ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ฆ ๐จ๐œ ๐ฑ ๐’๐ญ๏ฟฝ...
9.1K 285 21
---๐™ฌ๐™๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ฅ๐™๐™š๐™˜๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™ช๐™™๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™ข๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™จ ๐™– ๐™œ๐™ค๐™ก๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™ฅ๐™ž๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ก, ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™–๐™—๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™˜๐™๐™–๐™จ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™จ ๐™š๐™ญ๐™–๐™˜๐™ฉ...