Test of Fate (DongFeng Fanfic...

By yunxihan_

Bai Fengjiu uses her blood to seal an evil tiger spirit, causing irreparable damage to her spirit. She finds... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Special # 1
Special # 2
Special # 3
Special # 4
Special # 5 + Thank You!
New Book!

Chapter 25

5.6K 159 30
By yunxihan_

Chapter 25

I'm Home

Jiu'er raised a hand to caress his cheek as she pressed a kiss to his nose. "Donghua... will you sing me a song?" Yes Jiu'er, I will do whatever you want, but he closed his eyes and pretended he didn't hear her instead.

"Donghua... Sing me a song, will you?" She coaxed again. I should have sung her a song then. Now she's not here to listen.

"Dijun, what did you think of my voice? Was it not good?" Jiu'er your voice was beautiful. I'd give anything to hear it again.

Suddenly the setting changed. It was the palace they lived in at the mortal realm. Jiu'er was clad in her concubine robes as she walked towards him.

The sunlight was shining brightly as Jiu'er curtsied, the heavy headpiece she was wearing made a resounding noise. She smiled so brightly at him as she spoke softly.

"Bixia... What are you staring at? Let's go!" Donghua raised a hand to touch her but she disappeared before his hand could reach her cheek.

Suddenly, the scene was changing again. It was that faithful rainy night in Qingqiu.

Jiu'er gently caressed his face and gave him a bright smile like she always does. "I'm sorry Donghua... I'm sorry for breaking my promise. I'm leaving before you instead..."

He felt her body get lighter and lighter as he shut his eyes tightly. Please, no! She was turning to dust right in front of him. Tears streamed down his face as he tried to keep embracing her body. Her hand came up to wipe the tears on his face once more.

"Jiu'er!"

He called her frantically as if calling her would bring her back. Her touch on his cheek was slowly disappearing as he held her hand. He felt the weight on his arms get lighter and lighter.

"Jiu'er!" Donghua woke up from another nightmare, or should he say memories? All of the things he dreamed of had already happened and he couldn't change anything. She's gone...

Donghua turned to inhale the scent of Jiu'er's pillow when he realized that even her scent was fading. It's been 3,000 years, of course it's fading. Donghua held the pillow to his chest desperately as he tried to ingrain the scent to his mind, afraid he would forget it.

He's lived for far too long. Eternity just sounds like a nightmare. Today, he felt like her absence was more unbearable than usual. The scent was fading, and soon, he would forget what his Jiu'er even looked like and he couldn't bear it. He'd rather die than forget her warm smile. Jiu'er wasn't here to brighten up his life anymore. Taichen Palace would forever be cold and soon, their home in the Holy Blue Sea would be the same.

He suddenly remembered Jiu'er's words when she took an arrow for him in the mortal realm.

Whether I live isn't important. I'm just afraid you will forget me once I die.

I will never forget you Jiu'er. I'll make sure of it.Donghua took the bell charm from the side table and held it to his chest. He always felt comfort when he held it to his heart. He felt like he couldn't breathe as a lump formed in his throat. He's been doing this every day for the past 3,000 years, but why did it seem so unbearable today?

When he opened his eyes, Jiu'er's eyes were staring at him. He gave a start and looked at her form sitting on the floor. "Donghua you should eat... I left you some sugar foxes, remember? I don't like seeing you like this."

Donghua didn't know what to say. There were only a few sugar foxes left. He ate a piece once in a while to remember the taste of her cooking. Donghua just stared at her. Every time he tried to end his life, Jiu'er would appear in front of him. Today was no different. Even when she's gone, she still tries to save me.

"Jiu'er... I-" He paused feeling exhausted. He missed her so much.

"I want to follow you. I don't want to live without you anymore," He finally admitted to her. Jiu'er would always come up with things for him to do so he wouldn't go through with his plans. First, it was planting peach blossoms. Next, it was building a bamboo house in the middle of the peach blossom field. Then, it was making a garden exactly like the one she had in Qingqiu. She even said that it wasn't exactly like hers, so he had to redo it. He had lost count of the ridiculous things her illusion had asked him to do, but he did all of them anyway. This time, Jiu'er did not ask him to do anything.

"Donghua... Won't you stay?"

"I'm tired Jiu'er. Living without you is exhausting. Won't you just let me go?" He murmured. He must have gone crazy to talk to his hallucinations. He was trying to convince her to let him sleep... forever.

Jiu'er looked at him silently. "Donghua... Can't you stay until tomorrow?"

Donghua looked at Jiu'er's wide eyes and felt his heart skip a beat. She looked so real, yet whenever he reached out to touch her, she disappeared. He stopped trying because it meant he could see her longer.

"Alright. I'll stay until tomorrow."

"Promise?"

"Mm."

Jiu'er smiled at him and disappeared. He sighed heavily and went out to meditate. Donghua sat by the lake meditating until it was dark. He opened his eyes to see the peach blossoms floating down the sky. He reached out a hand to touch them as petals fell on his hair and shoulders.

"Jiu'er I miss you." He murmured as the scent of peach blossoms filled his senses. He slowly walked back to their room while clutching the bell charm tightly in his hand. He placed the bell charm inside the box for safe keeping and laid down on the bed. He took Jiu'er's pillow and embraced it tightly. Jiu'er I'll see you tomorrow. I'll follow you soon my love.

As the moon shone brightly, a figure in light pink robes watched Donghua from behind one of the trees. He was asleep by the time she went in the room. Her lips pulled up into a sweet smile as she saw him clutching her pillow tightly. She was so happy to see him, but her heart ached seeing his pitiful form under the sheets. 

Fengjiu slowly made her way to the bed and caressed Donghua's cheek. He unconsciously nuzzled her hand as he slept. She brushed away the stray hairs on his face and softly kissed his cheek.

"Donghua... I'm home."

*****

Donghua felt so warm that morning. He had such a good dream. Jiu'er had caressed his hair and kissed his cheek. It felt so real that he was still feeling the aftereffects. He raised a hand to touch the place she kissed him when his hand froze. He slowly opened his eyes to see Jiu'er nestled on the crook of his arm lying beside him. Donghua felt his heart pound as he felt unmistakable warmth on his chest. Fate was so cruel. I can't believe I'm having a dream as vivid as this.

Donghua pulled his arm away as he watched Jiu'er stretch sleepily and burrow deeper to his chest while wrinkling her nose like a fox. Donghua's eyebrows furrowed at the illusion beside him. This is the realest she's looked in all the times I've seen her illusion. I can even feel warmth. His brain must be going crazy to conjure up an image as real as this.

Donghua sat up and turned to the side table to take the box keeping the bell charm, but he froze when he realized it was missing. Panic seized his heart as he stood up fully and checked the drawer. Where is it? Donghua checked the whole room but he couldn't find it. His hands were trembling. The only thing of Jiu'er that I had is gone. What do I do?

Donghua frantically turned the room upside down looking for the bell charm as he ignored the illusion on the bed. He was about to check outside when he heard the bells clinking slightly. He immediately turned around to where the sound was coming from. He watched the illusion on his bed stretch before sleepily opening her eyes. She's not real.

His eyes zeroed in on the bell charm tied around her ankle. His whole body froze when the illusion sat up and looked at him sleepily.

"Donghua? What are you doing so early in the morning?"

She sounded so real. He closed his eyes to savor the sound. Fengjiu looked at him with a soft smile before coaxing, "Donghua?"

"You're not real," He murmured keeping his eyes closed. Fengjiu got up, making the bells ring softly with her movements. Donghua still had his eyes closed. Fengjiu's heart ached as she looked at his tired face. She moved closer to him and wrapped her arms around his waist while resting her head on his chest. Donghua froze as he felt her warmth.

"Donghua... I'm home."

Donghua's arms immediately wrapped around her body pulling her tight against him. He buried his head on her neck and inhaled her scent deeply. "Jiu'er I know you're not real, but won't you please let me go? I want to see you. I want to follow you." He murmured against her neck. Fengjiu felt her heart clench when she realized Donghua still thought she was an illusion.

"Donghua... Look at me." Donghua shook his head and continued holding her tightly. He didn't say a word as he held her. Fengjiu gently patted his back as she pressed a kiss to his heart. "Donghua, why won't you look at me?"

"I'm afraid you'll disappear if I open my eyes."

Fengjiu slowly brushed her hand through his silver hair. She embraced him tighter and whispered to his ear, "Donghua, look at me. Please." Donghua couldn't bear to refuse when she said please, so he slowly pulled away to look at her face. He waited for her to disappear like she always did, but this time, she didn't.

"If you're trying to keep me from following you again, I-"

Fengjiu cut him off by standing on her tiptoes and pressing a soft kiss to his lips. She smiled at him brightly and caressed his cheek. "You'll what?" Donghua furrowed his eyebrows as he looked down at Fengjiu. This was the most vivid dream of Jiu'er he's ever had. She didn't even disappear after he touched her. She even kissed him!

He was about to open his mouth again but Fengjiu pressed a heavier kiss to his lips. Donghua looked at her dumbfounded. "Donghua... You're not dreaming. I'm really back," Fengjiu murmured to his lips. Donghua was still frozen as he looked at her. Not dreaming? Then Jiu'er was really here in front of him?

Fengjiu saw his eyes get teary and felt her heart clench. "Oh Donghua, don't be sad. I'm really here. I... didn't meet my fated calamity like I thought. I was asleep for 3,000 years while Lady Nuwa treated my spirit. I'm sorry I took so long to come back. You're really not dreaming."

Donghua fell silent as he grew motionless. Fengjiu held him tighter, afraid he wouldn't believe her. "Donghua do you understand? You're not dreaming. I'm really back. Do you believe me?" She caressed his cheek as she looked into his eyes.

Donghua raised a hand to caress her cheek, his hands trembling. "Jiu'er, you're really back?"

Fengjiu could only nod her head as a lump grew in her throat. Her eyes became teary as she looked up at him. Donghua tightened the arm that was wrapped around her waist. "You'll never leave me again? I'm really not dreaming?" Fengjiu could only nod once more.

"Jiu'er, I'm sorry. I wasn't able to protect you. I promised I would, but you died." Donghua's voice was almost a whisper as he leaned his forehead on hers. He murmured again, "I'm sorry Jiu'er. I failed."

"Donghua you didn't fail. I'm right here. I'm safe," She cupped his face with both her hands, but he still didn't move.

"Donghua I'm home!" Fengjiu exclaimed as her arms encircled his neck. "I'll never leave you again."

Wordlessly, Donghua brought Fengjiu close and kissed her. It was wild and aggressive. But no matter how hard Donghua kissed her, he was still afraid. His heart was racing at the possibility of this being a dream. If this is a dream, then I don't ever want to wake up!

Fengjiu caressed his cheek as they kissed, comforting his unspoken fear. Donghua held her tight as they made it to the bed. Fengjiu desperately took his clothes off. She wanted to give him everything and comfort him at the same time. Donghua watched her savage actions and allowed her to do as she wished. When they were both finally bare, he pinned her below him and acted even more wild.

He was terrified this was just a dream. He was afraid that when he woke up, she would be gone. He took her fervently, again and again. Fengjiu took his aggression and wild ways as she held on to him tightly. Her soft and passionate cries reached his ears driving him closer and closer to madness.

A long time later, Fengjiu was lying on Donghua's chest, exhausted. Her delicate body was filled with marks and bruises from their fierce lovemaking. She was tired, but she felt no pain. Fengjiu held Donghua tightly as she pressed a firm kiss to his heart. She looked up at him to meet his gentle gaze. Donghua was caressing her cheek as he stared at her sprawled on his chest.

Fengjiu could still feel he didn't fully believe she was really here, so she raised her head to press a soft kiss to his cheek, his nose, then his lips. "Don't be afraid Donghua, I'll never leave you again," She murmured softly. His lips drew up to a soft smile before he pressed a soft kiss to her hair. He drew her closer and lowered his head to her ear.

"You are my heart. I love you Jiu'er."

Author's Note: Wow! Our DongFeng is finally reunited <3 Thank you all for your support! Like I promised, I will be releasing another chapter in a few hours to thank you all for 5K reads! Thank you all for your support UwU I love you all <3 Stay Safe!

-Yunxi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 3.1K 26
based on Eternal love of dream cdrama. A fanfiction. 🦊Bai Feng Jiu 💜Dong hua Dijun The story is after Feng Jiu found out that Dijun don't intend...
281K 7.8K 69
Feng jiu's love for Dong hua has never been a secret. She persevered through every trial and suffering, in hopes of getting his love. As hard as Don...
79.8K 216 4
Rocks don't melt but they break They were ill-fated or were they? Why would fate make two people meet and fall in love when they were not meant to b...
37.6K 1K 38
What happens after Fengjiu wakes up? This is the sweet, funny life of Donghua, Fengjiu and Gungun as they live happily ever after. Many appearances...