Smoking Buddies ||BNHA Platon...

Autorstwa Dogey07

After the death of his best friend, along with abuse from his mother and ignorance from his father, Katsuki B... Więcej

Rooftop
Bits And Pieces
Therapy
Friends
Home
Absence
Suicide
Hospital
Days
Spill
Envy
Lens Eye
Record
Now

Open

2K 81 39
Autorstwa Dogey07

A/N- schoooooool

(I had to run a mile yesterday haha. I got 12:58. Yes, it's slow. I know)

—————

Everything felt heavy to Katsuki. Like he was being held down by pile of stones. He could also hear fast beeping, but couldn't identify where it was from. It also sounded as if marbles were rolling across the ground, though less audible than the beeping. 

Where was he? What happened?

Then there were muffled voices. They were so mixed and warbled he thought he was underwater.

He didn't have the energy to open his eyes yet. He was already starting to swim in and out of consciousness, trying to remain awake ironically made him even more tired. But he still wanted to remain conscious.

So instead of opening his eyes, he used the little energy he had to try and make out of the several blended voices. Still no good. 

Being Katsuki, he got mad at not being able to move his body. Everything about it felt terrible. 

Then he started thinking, why was his body hard to move? Every memory he managed pulled from his brain look foggy, since he couldn't think clearly. He remembered something about being in the house though.

What made him black out like this? He started racking up the possibilities in his head.

Hunger? No, it couldn't be that. He does starve sometimes, but there always comes a time where he eats.

Smoking? Small chance. Maybe he really did drop the cigarette and burned down his house. Or maybe he got sick from smoking and passed out. Though he would've had many different symptoms passing out.

Suicide? No. 

He wouldn't make the same mistake as Deku. He promised himself he wouldn't. 

But the more that word came up, the more a familiar feeling that swirled inside of him grew.

Then, a landslide a memories hit him. 

He remembered.

He cut his throat.

So... he couldn't even kill himself properly. It was such a horrible failure he almost felt like laughing. 

What was past him even thinking? He couldn't remember all the details, so the answer he was looking for was out of reach. But still, what pushed him to do it?

Was it to be with Deku? In all honesty, that sounded nice. Very nice.

Was that why he tried to kill himself?

But he knew what Deku would say to that.

Deku was predictable like that, and Katsuki could already imagine his voice.

"Kacchan."

He could hear him.

"All your friends seem really nice. You should introduce me sometime. Looking at them is making me so happy."

Not his friends.

"Everybody is waiting for you. They're all sitting there, waiting for you to open your eyes. They want to be with you again."

Again? When was he ever with his 'friends?' The most he did was shout and fight them.

"And as much as I want to be with you too, I can't."

Why was he even having a conversation with Deku? He's dead, this one is just his imagination.

"But I'll wait for you. I'll wait for your time to come. For now, just wake up."

Everything would stay.

"Come on Kacchan, you can do it. Then, for however long it takes, we can finally meet again."

But nothing would change.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be like them"

"Deku..."

It wasn't until afterwards he realized he actually said it aloud.

All the voices grew increasingly louder, the beeping went faster. His throat burned and stung without warning. The feeling shocked him awake.

He needed water.

That was all it took to get himself to wake up. Light struck his eye, a brilliant white lighting up his entire vision. An indescribable feeling welled up inside him.

The haziness and tiredness he felt was gone in a snap.

As soon as that happened, a chorus of cheers, yells and cries erupted from everybody. He immediately blinked by the harshness of the white and the screaming in his ear.

Katsuki rubbed his eyes and tried to focus his vision. He saw people around him, some were crying, some were hugging, and some were just silent in shock.

He grabbed a cup of water that was held out in front of him, draining it all in one gulp, but not without spilling some on his neck. Speaking of his neck, he couldn't move it all that well. The bulky bandage wrapped around it prevented any big movement.

He glanced back up at his visitors, all of them looking to see what he would do or say. He carefully studied each of them, never looking down. Three of guests though, caused himself to drop his water cup.

His parents.... and Inko.... They didn't have the normal mean look on their faces. In fact, they had almost a soft-happy expression. Something he hadn't seen since he got his quirk.

"Inko.....? What are you and my parents doing here?" Katsuki asked, in a quiet voice. Shouting would just make his head and throat hurt. He had forgotten nobody else knew about his home life except for Todoroki, so he got some confused looks.

Mitsuki looked around the room. "Could you leave me with my son, please?" It had no spunk like it usually did. His friends understood and left the room. 

'Come back.'

Katsuki braced himself for the wrath of his mother. But instead, the complete opposite happened. They all sat down quietly and faced him calmly.

"I heard you say Deku," Inko said first. Her voice was soft but her face was expressionless. "Were you thinking about him?"

Katsuki was hesitant to respond at first. "I heard him... He told me to wake up. He told me everybody was waiting."

Inko's face loosened up. She got up and left the room in a hurry, without anything else being said. Was she thinking about Deku too?

Mitsuki sighed and put her hand on the edge of her son's bed. Katsuki cringed at the gesture. 

"I was so focused on making the perfect child, I forgot what basic things about being a parent."

The explosion-quirk user laughed sarcastically. "Oh yeah? I don't think I noticed. Because life has been fücking perfect up until this point."

He could see his mother's face flash up in anger, but cooled down before she could do anything she would regret. "Look, brat. I'm sorry. I drove you so far you ended up trying to kill yourself. You still have a lot of life left to live, and we almost stopped it." A quick, blunt apology.

"Still calling me brat you old hag?"

Why was he joking around with her?

"Old habits die hard."

They both laughed. They hadn't had a friendly chat in absolutely forever.

Masaru smiled at the conversation. When the laughter died down, he joined in the conversation. "I'm sorry too, son. I haven't done anything to help you. This is the only time we'll be able to meet now, afterwards, we already know where we're going."

Katsuki didn't feel particularly sad about that. They had ruined his life, caused him unbearable pain. It felt weird, talking to his parents in a lighthearted way. At the same time though, it was almost a nostalgic feeling, of when his parents treated him like a normal kid.

"Jail, right?" He guessed. His parents nodded. Rather than thinking about his parent's situation, he thought about what would happen to him. He could move in with Inko, but that would be a painfully constant reminder of Deku. He didn't have anywhere else to go, though.

"You might be taken in by foster parents or by an orphanage," Mitsuki said. She listed of the options she had in her head. "Oh well. You better grow up to be a good man. Preferably if you-"

"Mitsuki."

"I know, I know! But still. I have high expectations."

"It's like I'm talking to two entirely different people..." Katsuki mumbled under his breath, it made him uncomfortable. "How did you guys stop acting like jerks?"

Masaru scratched his head. "It's complicated."

"Complicated?" Katsuki repeated in a tone harsher than he expected. 

But a sudden change in heart is a really difficult thing to accomplish. 

Sudden...

"How long was I out?" He asked after the thought came to him. It had to be longer than at least fourty-eight hours. His family wouldn't be able to just plaster on a new persona overnight.

"About four days."

"That's a long time...... What went down?"

The two became awfully silent. 

Mitsuki stood up, along with her husband. "I think it would be better if a friend of yours told you," she patted her son's head. "It's time for us to go anyway, punk. Become a good hero or whatever shit you're going to do now." 

'What?!'

Just like that?

"Wait!" Katsuki suddenly blurted out. "I... uh.... damnit. Uh...."

He gulped heavily. "I'll be a hero."

Mitsuki chuckled dryly. "Exactly what you would say, brat. See you in hell, if you get there in the end."

And there Katsuki was, alone again. 

He closed his eyes after his parents left, to which his classmates entered in afterward. The footsteps sounded pleasant.

"H-How are you doing?" A female voice asked. It was probably gravity girl, but what would he know?

"Great," Katsuki replied. He opened one eye and caught the glares at everybody staring at him. "What?"

"N-Nothing." the same voice responded. He was right, it was gravity girl. Katsuki forgot her actual name, typical of him.

Everybody was probably trying to figure out what to say. Since none of them were particularly close to Bakugo, the only things they could ask were 'How are you?' and 'Why did you try to commit suicide?' But that last one was obviously rude to ask.

The only thing they could do was be there for Katsuki, without anything but confusion and pity.

But the one who could close that gap, was Todoroki.

—————

1636 words

A/N- school is getting me motivated

(This chapter is like 1000 words longer than the other chapters wtf)

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

229K 6.7K 23
A story about Izuku's problems with his mother's death and his abusive father. Deku slowly opens up after hiding his emotion from his classmates and...
271K 6.2K 34
On November 30th y/n l/n has decided to kill herself before the new year. Before doing so she wishes to secretly complete her bucket list with her be...
14.1K 782 23
Todoroki is reticent and withdrawn, but one day, he begins to smile quite frequently. This piques Kaminari's curiosity, so he decides to acquaint him...
108K 3.6K 18
"Anyway, I have the list of partners, and tonight you will find things out about your partner that nobody else knows about them. Be ready to share th...