Jackine one-shots

By JackKellyscap

I know, I'm really late to the Newsies fandom... this is just a bunch of Jackrine one shots. More

Proposal
Baby Newsies
Help me, please
Pain
Hospital
Break up
Unsure
Baby Newsies 2
What do you think I am?
The Delancey's
Oversized hoodies and snow
Camping
Pulitzer? Plumber? Kelly?
When it rains, it pours
Slow dancing
Empty promises
I can't do this now
Christmas at the Lodging House
Till midnight
Masked faces and hidden lies
What are you doing
Single beds and lovely mornings
Accidents and Apologies
Can't sleep
Painted bellies and flowers
After the strike
Rag tag Kelly puppies
Your suitor's here
Rooftops and Fairylights
April Fools
Late Night Car Troubles
Fangirls
Birthday
Our mess
Disneyland
Three Little Words
Hide and seek
A run in with the Barrow gang
Cold

Haunted House

229 3 0
By JackKellyscap

I wrote this whilst watching Buzzfeed Unsolved- Supernatural so it might get creepy, but probably won't because I can't write horror to save my life.

Katherine looked towards Jack and Race. "I don't want to do this." She whispered, reaching out and grabbing Jack's hand.

"Nothins gonna hurt youse." Jack said, linking their fingers together and pulling her towards the abandoned asylum.

Race just laughed and pushed open the door to the asylum. "Too late ta turn back now." He said with a laugh as Katherine and Jack walked into the asylum, the door swinging shut with a thud behind him.

Katherine shuddered. "I don't know why I'm doing this." She mumbled, pulling her torch out and turning on the flashlight. "Especially in the dark."

"Ohh come on Ace! Live a little!" Jack exclaimed, his voice echoing through the hallways of the asylum. He pulled her through the hallways, Race following.

"Why are we in here?"

"Because it's fun!" Race exclaimed, taking off in a sprint down the hallway and disappearing out of sight.

They could hear him clanging and shouting as he opened doors and cupboards, the metal making an awful screeching noise.

"Oh God I don't like this." Katherine whispered, her heart pounding in her chest. She could feel her breathing quicken and she tightened her grip on Jack's hand.

"It'll be fine." Jack grinned, kissing her cheek softly. "Now come on, before Race angers the ghost and ghouls." He said, letting go of Katherine's hand and racing through the hallways.

"Jack!" Katherine shouted, her voice cracking. "Oh God, oh God." She said as her flashlight began to flicker. She whacked it against the side of her thigh, hoping the batteries weren't going to die.

"Jack!" She shouted, walking after him before being plunged into darkness when her flashlight batteries ran out. She ran through the hallways, trying to follow the path she believed Jack and Race had gone.

"Race?" She shouted, feeling her breathing quicken. She didn't know why she agreed to this, she didn't know why she agreed to go into this place full of nightmares.

She heard stories of the Refuge Asylum, bad things. Stories of how the rooms on the upper floors were used as torture chambers for the inmates. Stories of how, despite being called an Asylum, they didn't try to help in the inmates; instead torturing and abusing them. Stories of how it was supposedly haunted.

Now, Katherine Pulitzer did not believe in ghosts. Or demons. Or spirts. But that didn't mean she wasn't scared.

She turned sharply when she heard a door slam shut behind her. "Oh God." She mumbled, stepping back and tripping over a discarded doll, falling onto her back.

"Oww." She groaned, putting a hand on the small of her back and pulling herself into a standing position. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and turned the flashlight on, shining it up and down the corridors.

"Jack!" She shouted, "Get your ass back here!" She called as she wandered through the hallways, climbing up flights of stairs and trying to find him.

------

"Aye, where's Kathy?" Race asked and stood up from the bed, throwing the old doll down on the bed.

"She should be following me." Jack said, looking behind him. "She was following me last time I checked."

"Wes should probably find her. " Race said, walking out of the room.

They walked through the asylum first floor, calling Katherine's name and pushing open the doors to the rooms, hoping she was inside.

"Ace!" Jack shouted, starting to run when he heard footsteps at the end of the corridor. He skidded to a halt before he slammed into the wall, "Kath?" He called, looking around.

"Youse heard the footsteps right?" Race asked as he caught up with Jack, trying to catch his eyes in the dark.

"I thought I did yeah." Jack said in bewilderment. "Do youse know where we are?"

"Some on the first floor, cos wes climbed one flight of stairs." Race said, reaching out and gripping Jack's arm when the wind whistled through the hallway, the rain fluttering through the window.

Jack shivered and pulled his jacket tighter around him.

"Kathy didn't have a jacket did she?"

"No." Jack said with a groan, instantly hating himself. "Ok, split up?" He asked, looking back up the corridor.

"Might as well. I'll take this floor and the ground and third floor. And youse can take the fourth, fifth and sixth."

"Take her outside straight away and wait for me out there." Jack said, running a hand over his face.

Katherine would never forgive him for leaving her alone in this place. She would give him an earful when they got her out.

"Ok." Race nodded before sprinting off down the hallway and up the stairs.

Jack stood still for a moment, listening to the whispers and groans coming from the floors above, as well as Race shouting Katherine's name. "I'm so sorry Ace." He whispered before walking towards the stairs.

--------

Katherine groaned and kicked the edge of the bed frame. She checked her phone again and saw the battery was rapidly declining and she still had no service.

She walked out of the bedroom and peered down the hall, swearing violently when her phone ran out of battery. "Come on." She said, almost throwing her phone down the hallway in frustration.

She felt tears bubble up and a sob catch in her throat. "Jack?" She called, looking up down the stairs and groaning. She lowered herself onto the top step, resting her head against the bannister.

"If you think this is funny," She called, feeling herself start to cry, "It's really not. So please come out now." She sobbed out, picking up a rock and throwing it down the stairs, shuttering at the clattering noise it made.

"Racetrack?" She shouted, pulling her knees up to her chest. "I don't even know what floor I'm on!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air.

She looked around, regretting it instantly when she thought she saw a figure behind her. She looked back towards the stairs and shut her eyes, trying to block out the sounds and things she thought she saw and heard.

-------

Jack shined his phone flashlight up the last flight of stairs, letting out a sigh of relief when he saw Katherine slumped against the side of the stairs. He ran up the stairs, kneeling down in front of her. "Ace." He whispered, putting his hands on her arms and shaking her awake.

Katherine jumped back, her eyes snapping open as she looked around in the dark. "I hate you." She whispered before pulling him into a tight hug, wrapping her arms around him and not letting go.

Jack chuckled before standing up, pulling Katherine up with him. "Come on." He said, helping her down the stairs.

"You're an asshole." Katherine mumbled, keeping her arms wrapped around him.

"I thought youse was behind me." Jack said as they walked along the fifth floor, trying to find the stairs.

"Well clearly I wasn't." She argued, feeling her heart rate and breathing slow down. "Where's Race?"

"He's lookin' for youse." Jack said as they made it down to the fourth floor. "Where were youse anyways? We couldn't find ya."

"I was looking for you. And then my flashlight died, and then so did my phone." She whispered, resting her head against his shoulder. "Can we get Race and then go home?"

Jack laughed and nodded, kissing her temple. "Of course. But first wes have ta find Race."

"I am not going to get any sleep tonight." She mumbled, gripping his hand tightly when she heard a small whistling from down the corridor. "Can you hear that?"

Jack nodded, smiling softly when she moved closer to him. "It's just the wind. Now come on, lets find Race so wes can get outta here."

Katherine turned when she heard footsteps as they were walking down the stairs. "And now I'm hearing things." She groaned.

"No ya ain't. That was me." Race said, appearing out of nowhere and making Katherine scream loudly.

"Jesus Race!"

Race doubled over with laughter at the paleness on both their faces. "It's funny."

"No it ain't!" Jack exclaimed, clamping a hand over his heart.

"Yes it was!" Race laughed, stopping suddenly when he saw the tears filling Katherine's eyes. "Aye Kath." He whispered.

"You are both assholes." She said, wiping her eyes.

Jack frowned and pulled Katherine into a hug, keeping her close to his chest. "Ok, let's get outta here before she has a mental breakdown." He said to Race, running a hand softly thorough Katherine's hair.

----

"God I hated that." Katherine whispered as she climbed into their bed.

"I know you did. And I'm so sorry." Jack said as he slipped into bed next to her, pulling her against his chest. He kissed her softly.

"Never again." She mumbled, resting her head against his chest and shutting her eyes.

"Never again. Night Ace."

"Night you asshole." She said with a grin.

"Are you ever going ta forgive me and Race?"

"You left me alone in an abandoned asylum for nearly two hours, so maybe not."

"But youse still love me?"

"Of course I do. Now go to sleep." Katherine said, kissing him softly before flopping down against his chest.

"I love youse too Ace."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.8K 410 20
Requests are currently closed. Mainly x reader and ship oneshots, but I'll do headcanons too. No smut. Enjoy!
3.3K 134 28
My version of Newsies but with all of my friends in it.
11.9K 292 20
A oneshot compilation for the broadway version of Newsies that began with someone else's typo (here's lookin at you, @omg_im_totes_biii): There are l...
28.4K 409 29
woso one shots! 🫢🏻