Taken and Trained ✔️

By LaurenMGranich

Lev was taken from his family in a remote village when he was three years old. Now over four centuries old, h... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter 2
Bonus Chapter 3 (FINAL)
Sequel

Chapter 22

30.1K 1.2K 122
By LaurenMGranich

Hey guys! I've had a rough few days but the writing hasn't stopped! I hope you enjoy. :) Notice the time jump!

********

"A Lycan is unbelievably strong, and in the right hands, can protect any pack from evil."

Lilia was having a hard time believing that Alpha Blaton was describing Lev.

"A Lycan can stand against an entire pack, fight against their largest army, and win. But, like they say...with great power comes great responsibility."

"A few centuries ago," Alpha Luke interjected, "actually...right about the time Lev was a few years old, there was a massive uprising. The largest group of wolves the world had ever seen killed all of the Lycans except one."

"That one Lycan reproduced more and more until a century ago when they were all murdered. Once again, one was missed, and the council put the strongest security on her. Sadly, she was kidnapped, and that pack forced her to fight in a battle, to kill her own kind.

"She knew the Moon Goddess wouldn't have wanted that, so she let herself fall. With that, the original Lycans, the original gift from the Moon Goddess, had been completely wiped out. It was like the world lost control and many different uprisings started."

It seemed like the Alphas were fighting to tell the story.

"There's so much unrest in the world right now, but we've tried to stay strong and true throughout it all," Alpha Luke reached for his mate's hand, "but, from how old you are..."

"We think in the original massacre that there wasn't just one wolf that was left out. There were two—you, Lev. I don't understand, how could we not tell he was a Lycan?"

"We need to get him talking as soon as possible," Alpha Luke stood. "Lev, I'll have Doctor Walahan in early tomorrow morning to check on your vocal cords."

The energy in the room was still making Lev extremely nervous. He wasn't sure if they were angry at him, if they were going to attack him...he had to be ready for all scenarios.

"So...what does all this mean?" Lilia's head was still whirling from all the information she'd received.

"If he is a real Lycan," Alpha Blaton started, "the council will need to be informed and packs all over the world will want to see him. We've got—"

"No, no, his name can't get out. No one can see him. What if his old pack finds out? What if my old pack finds out?"

"She's right," Alpha Luke shook his head.

"Either way, the council must be informed. By then, Lev will hopefully be talking, and he can tell the council how to take his old pack down."

"What about Alpha Howard?" Lilia asked. Her hands shook nervously until Lev pushed his head underneath them to relax her.

"We can inform the council of his attempted forced-mating with you. The punishment is up to them."

"Now, Lev. I'm going to start working you twice a day, and if your body responds positively—which it should—then we'll move up to three times a day. Your Lycan wolf should be able to handle it." Alpha Luke said to them.

As if their situation wasn't weird enough, now to add all of this stress on to it...Lilia let her hands catch her head as it fell towards her knees. Lev whined as her breathing quickened.

"Lilia? Oh, Lilia, it's alright," Alpha Luke comforted. He came around the desk in their office to rub Lilia's back.

"All we can do now is wait and work with Lev, alright? Let's just focus on that." Alpha Blaton had a point. She took a deep breath and lifted her head up.

A week later Alpha Luke moved Lev's appointments to three times a day. He began to spend so much time with Lilia and Lev that Alpha Blaton started to join as well. He missed his mate and usually just sat with Lilia and observed.

Two weeks after the discovery of Lev being a Lycan, he was able to say the words yes and no. Time was moving by too fast, Lilia thought, and soon they would have to inform the council.

Would her mate be ripped away from her? She shuddered in fear when she thought about it. She was also still getting used to the fact that Lev was over four centuries old.

All of this was uncharted territory for her and she was more scared than when she was in her old pack.

Roman still scared her more than anything in the world, though.

Lev was lying in a hospital bed, hair freshly cut and hands clenching into fists, then unclenching over and over again.

"Lev I'm going to start asking questions, alright? Just answer with yes or no." Alpha Blaton held a notepad full of questions on his lap.

Lev gave him a thumbs up and took a deep breath. Lilia grabbed one of his hands and squeezed both for her and him.

"Do you remember anything from when you were a child?"

"Yes." Lilia was shocked every time he was able to say an actual word. He had been working so hard nonstop for weeks now and she couldn't be prouder of him.

"Do you remember the massacre?"

"Yes." Lev clenched his eyes shut like he was trying not to remember what had happened.

"Did you run away?"

"No." Lev opened his eyes. The dark brown orbs flashed to stare at Lilia.

"Did someone take you?" Alpha Blaton tapped his pen against the notebook. Alpha Luke was biting his nails in anticipation.

"Yes," Lev whispered. Lilia gripped his hand tighter. It must have been horrific.

"Was it a werewolf?"

"No." When Lev answered both Alphas turned to each other with furrowed eyebrows.

"Was it a Lycan?" Alpha Blaton sounded genuinely confused.

"No," Lev answered simply.

"Was it...was it a human?" Alpha Luke's voice was incredulous.

"Yes," Lev sighed. His eyes clenched shut again.

"Roman," Lilia whispered and stood with a gasp, "Roman took you?"

"Yes." Lev started squeezing Lilia's hand to the point of discomfort.

"That's not possible. How did a human kidnap you four hundred years ago?"

"I d-d—," Lev stuttered.

"You don't know?" Lilia finished for him. He nodded.

"Did Roman medicate you, to maybe weaken your Lycan a bit or—"

"No," Lev answered. His eyes were straight up towards the ceiling now and his powerful anger rolled off of him in waves.

"How is your Lycan still quiet, then? It should have been enough time away from him for your Lycan to appear," Alpha Blaton scratched his chin.

"We need to call in the Council!" Alpha Luke stood and rushed back to their office. Alpha Blaton, unlike his mate, stood slowly with a quiet grunt.

"You guys should probably join us for that phone call. Take your time shifting back, Lev. I know you've been working hard lately."

Alpha Blaton left them alone. Lev turned his eyes to focus on his mate who suddenly looked much older than before. He could see this entire situation resting on her shoulders and wished he could just make it all go away.

"No," he said quietly. Lilia looked up at him in confusion. His arm, which had gained strength in the past few weeks, lifted towards her face. His hand cupped her cheek and his fingers ghosted across her face before he threw his arm around her shoulder.

He couldn't really pull her towards him, but Lilia understood and leaned forward to tuck her head into his shoulder.

Lev's thick arm wrapped around her shoulder with a sigh and Lilia smiled as she felt his body relax.

"It's okay," Lilia murmured. Lev was confused. She was the one that was stressed and she was comforting him? His selfless mate always put everyone first and he wished to the Moon Goddess that he could do more.

"I-It's...okay-y," Lev repeated. Lilia pulled back in shock, a large smile on her face.

He really, really wanted to comfort her and the Moon Goddess had listened to his prayer. Lilia hugged him and laughed.

Lev felt proud that he was able to raise her mood. Lilia squeezed him before standing and stepping back so he had room to shift.

"Let's go, mate," Lilia said with a smile.

********

Thanks for reading, let me know what you think so far!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 116K 58
Colin Byrd searched unsuccessfully for his mate for many years. When he could not find her, his wolf took complete control and he became a rogue. He'...
467K 14.1K 41
"Do I make you nervous, Sweetheart?" He spoke lowly. "Psh, no! I just-" I gasped when his tongue flicked out and touched my neck. My hands flew up t...
1M 32.1K 51
Struggling to make ends meet with her dead-end job at the local diner, and living at home with an abusive boyfriend, Amora struggles to find some goo...
838K 44K 36
He is without a pack, He is without a mate, And he is without a wolf, He is the sanctuary of brutality, a slaughter that waits for its turn. He is Ki...