Stonehearts 9: Sapphire

By bncmld

| Stonehearts #9 | People see her as a rock of solid power and strength. She isn't easily wavered and never g... More

Stonehearts: Sapphire
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen

Eleven

4.5K 157 29
By bncmld

"Get inside the car." He motions, opening the passenger door of his Lexus. His deep, domineering tone always has it's way in doing interesting things to the interesting parts of my body.

But I'll be damn if I admit it.

I crooked an eyebrow at him, "I'll take my own." I was about to walk pass him to my Bentley when his arm shot up, restraining me effectively on my arm.

With that skin-to-skin contact, the air around us suddenly thickens and cracks. Pakiramdam ko biglang uminit. My body starting to hum this low, rhythmic pulse and it's making my head whirl.

I gulped down the thirst that suddenly stroke my throat. Those deep, dark eyes glinted and I know he knows just how much power he has over me. I wonder if it's the same intensity with him too? I know he's very much drawn to me. Hell, he'd shown that me to with every electrifying kiss. But how deep does this attraction go?

Breaking the trance, I harshly pulled my arm and sneered at him. "I'm taking my car." I repeated, with a little quiver I hope he doesn't notice.

The tiniest tipping of his lips said otherwise though. "And why is that, Hiraya?"

"Hindi ko alam kung saan mo ako dadalhin. Just in case, I opted to leave, at least dala ko 'yong sasakyan ko."

Looking down he shook his head before he snared me using those expressive, black orbs. I almost falter backwards with the heavy promise of sin and corruption in his eyes.

"I assure you, soon you'll realize that you'll never want to leave." He didn't give me a chance to demand an explain or just plain ask why. He opened the driver's side of the car and gracefully tucked his powerful frame inside his equally sleek ride.

I'm quickly learning more about the man I'm dealing with. He doesn't explain himself. When he decides that it's the end of the conversation then it is. He didn't even bother to check if I'll toe the line.

I stood there, ogling him through the dark tint of his car's windows. Debatiing with myself and then hating the part of me that's so into Reid because it pushed me to get going and drive the same miles he's taking.

This body is such a traitor!

Those were the repeated line in a loop inside my head. Throw in the nonsensical lines he's been spouting. The thing about him is, he speak so little and expects people around him to understand. Fuck if I could!

What does he mean 'I'm his'?

What does he want to imply that 'I won't ever want to leave'?

All my thoughts we're cut short when he took a left towards a sky high building with it's name scattered downwards; in the middle of it. I ducked forward, driving slow so I could make out the words.

'TORRE DI BARREZA'

I stopped for a moment when I saw him lowering his windows and briefly talked to the security. He gestures with his hand, the guard looking at me, nodding, and then Reid driving into the parking lot.

When it was my turn to pass, I immediately offered an ID but I was answered by a shake if his head, "Hindi na po kailangan, Ma'am. Diretso na po kayo sa loob, Level 3, 3C po ang parking space. Katabi po ng Lexus ni Sir Almodovar."

Oooohkay? Does he own this building? Parang hindi? I peg him for a guy who calls everything he owned with his own name.

So, you mean, that includes you?

A small voice blew. I shook my head in dismissal. Maybe, I'm going crazy?

I spot him immediately when my car reached the third level, because Reid is a guy that demands attention. It comes natural with his aura.

He was standing right next to his Lexus, one hand inside the pocket of his suit pants and the other placed loosely on his side. There so much raw and rampant energy seeping through his build that I can almost see it cloaking him physically.

I can sense him watching my every move until I was parked neatly beside his car. After turning off the locks, I unhooked my seatbelt and then suddenly the door was yanked wide open.

There was a noticeable tick in his jaw. "You don't lock doors."

I don't know if it's a question or a statement. But I'm damn sure it's an issue with him. Drawing my brows together, "I did. Pababa na ako pero inunahan mo akong magbukas ng pinto."

The hard expression his face naturally holds softens the smallest, itty, bitty bit. He didn't speak. He held out his hand for me, to assist on hopping out of my car. I have the briefiest hesitation, afraid of how my body comes alive whenever we touched. However, he didn't permit such indecision, because he clamped my left hand using his large, calloused paw and dragged me with him.

"Where are we?" I tried to stall, tried to open a conversation just so I can forget about this itching burn in my soul whenever I'm around him.

"You'll see." He shortly answered.

He led me to a steel double doors marked as private and punched in a code. Soon, I realized it was an elevator. He ushered me in, pressed number 45 and stood beside me. Way too close beside me, as if the distance is not acceptable for him.

"The other person," he droned.

I peeked at his strong features under my lashes, collecting every resistance I have for him. Damn, it's so much easier to oppose him when we're apart.

"What other person?" I asked, my voice steadier and bolder now. This is good.

"The male in your clinic. Never seen him before." There was an underlying menace in his words. Or am I just overanalyzing things?

"That's Francis. My newly hired doctor. What about him?"

The lift went to a halt and with a dinging sound it opened. With his eyes, he motioned for me to step out first which I did. There's only one room on the floor. In bold, golden letters, it was labeled 'SUITE'.

Then it hit me. Oh, shit!

Questions, sudden reservations, swam in my head. He didn't give me time to voice it all out. He keyed in a card and gently nudged me inside a large, victorian themed room.

It was all maroon, gold, and black. Very charming and elegant. There's not one thing in a room out of place.

I twirled around to fire my inquiries but kept my mouth shut when I saw Reid unbuttoning and shedding his matching gray suit jacket, leaving him in his white long sleeves, gray tie, and waistcoat.

Distraction. I fucking need a distraction!

"B-bakit si Francis?" I croaked. I curled and uncurled my toes, trying to ease some tension.

He neatly hung his coat on the gold rack beside the door before he trapped me with his unrelenting gaze.

"I don't like the way he looks at you."

He prowled with slow and measured steps to where I was. Hindi ko alam kung anong meron sa'kin, but my instant reaction was to step back.

"Looks at me? He looks at me like a normal person would look at another."

He snickered, humorless, warningly. "That's where you're wrong, Hiraya. I don't like it when someone wants what's mine."

There's that word again.
'Mine'.

My spine snapped straight and I glared at him. My attitude of  daring provocation came to life and I all but directed it fully to him.

"I own myself, Reid."

He didn't answer. He continued to fluidly adjust towards me. Hindi ko alam kung saan ako pupunta, basta patuloy lang din ako sa pag-atras. I don't want to bolt. It may show weakness, and I'd rather die than to show him an ounce of fear.

I stopped when my thighs had hit something. Confusion blanketed me when I saw we're inside a room with no door but is surrounded by hugeass mirrors, even the ceiling was made in mirror. In the middle was a four poster bed, beside the door way is a single seater sofa, and there's nothing more inside.

"You belong to me, Hiraya. Maybe temporarily, but you belong to me." He said with such authority and directness almost forcing me to submit.

But I bite back that urge. I raised my chin a notch and faced him head-on. "I don't belong to you."

He loosened his tie. His eyes blazed with primal desire looking at it makes my skin litter with goosbumbs. "Is that a challenge, Hiraya?"

I opened my mouth to shut him off with another remark but suddenly he attacked. I was caught off-guard and he took that moment to his advantage. He smashed his lips on mine with so much ferocity my knees buckled. I was pushing him, or I thought I was pushing him. He corraled my nape with one big hand while the other was holding my hands trapped.

He plunged deep inside my mouth, his tongue going on it's merry way to tangle with mine. He was claiming. Owning. Devastating me with his intoxicating kisses.

Soon the little flame of resistance I have was obliterated. The fisted hands I have that craved nothing but to punch and show him I wouldn't bend, all but turned into balled fists that want to cling to him for my dear life. The muffled defiant screams I'm making transform to that of long moans and captured gasps.

This kiss was far different that the ones we shared from before. It's packed with raw and basic need to take and mark. I'm starting to learn what he meant when he said he'll soon 'ravish' me.

He let go of my hands and I immediately raked then tugged on his silky, jet-black hair. Loving the feel of it on my palms. His hand though, glided down the sides of my body. He gave my hip a territorial grip before swatting my ass.

I suck in a breath and I felt his mouth curving into a smile.

Bastard!

I bit his lip and he growled his displeasure. Now it's my turn to grin in victory. It was short-lived though. He again surprised me by picking me up and throwing me on the luscious, monstrosity of a bed like I weigh next to nothing.

My breath was labored and I think my lips were swollen from his assault. I pressed both my elbows on the mattress to support my body when I recovered from shock.

My mouth instantly watered when I saw him undressing with defined finesse. He looks so elegant yet tainted with transgression. A devil perfectly dressed in a three-piece suit. A sin ready to consume and falsify me.

When he folded his waistcoat and tie before setting it neatly on the couch beside him, I raised a brow. Totoo nga ang sinabi ni Claus. He is a neat-freak!

"Something amuses you, Hiraya?" He asked, stopping just after unclasping the three top most buttons of his dress shirt.

I stared at him boldly, albeit the lust I have for him is getting a tight grip on me.

"'Di ka makakatulog kapag hindi maayos lahat ng nasa paligid mo, ano?" I mocked.

His dark, dangerous eyes gleamed with delight. "Is it bad that I like things in order?"

"Kaya ba pilit mong inaayos 'yong mga bagay na 'magulo' sa buhay ko? Kasi hindi mo kayang tiisin? Hindi mo kayang baliwalain?"

He didn't reply. The amusement were far gone and his lips suddenly thinned. Boy, I'm getting on his nerves I could tell.

"Time and time again, I asked myself, kung bakit? What made me interesting to you at ganito ka? Those were just pictures, Reid. I'm sure it's not my body that made you go after me. 'Di mo naman kailangang i-deny, I know you can satisfy your libido whenever you want because there are countless of women ready to fall in your bed with the snap of your fingers."

He snickered but it was full of sarcasm. "You think you got it all figured out?"

I sat straight, my eyes never leaving his. Hindi ako ang unang mag-iiwas ng tingin. "Hindi nga ba?"

He stalked towards me. The bed dipping with his weight when his marvelous body went up close. I didn't move an inch. Tang ina, hindi ako 'yong tipo na basta-bastang nagpapatalo. Tatay ko nga sinuway at patuloy kong sinusuway. Sino ba si Reid Almodovar para katakutan ko?

I raised my head when he trapped me by planting his palms on either side of me. His face was close, deliciously close. His strong, signature scent knocking on my senses. Slowly stripping my chipped off defenses.

I could easily put my arms around his neck and get another round of his mind-blowing kisses.

"I don't like inconveniences, that much is true." He inched closer, our staggering breaths mingling. "But you know what I learned?"

"N-no." I whisper, dizzy from the stress of the sexual tension. I can almost taste him. And I want to give in. I want him to shut up and just kiss me to concession.

His deadly, sexy smirk resurfaces. "I realized that I like your special brand of trouble."

Bam! He was kissing me again. I didn't put any fight. I kiss him back with the same need he's showering me. I start undoing his buttons with jerky, hasty movements. I don't know what happened but he abruptly grabbed my hand to stopped.

My head was spinning, my heart was racing, and I'm fucking full of questions why the hell he's rising from the bed and exiting the doorless room.

"Col." I heard him from a distance. "Okay, I'll be there."

Bumalik siya, hawak na ang cellphone niya at nagta-type pa. Nang nagtaas siya ng tingin, sinalubong ko siya ng mapagtanong kong mga mata na sinasabayan ng alam kong pangit na kunot ng noo ko.

"I'm afraid we have to postpone, my Hiraya. I have to go home. Collete is already looking for me."

Understanding his rush to go. I nodded my head and jumped out of the king sized bed. Gusto kong magtanong but we're not to discuss private matters if not willingly. I tried hiding my disappointment but to no avail. Seriously, may bagay bang nakakaligtas sa taong ito?

With his hand resting on my right hip, his left hand swiping my hair away from my face. He softly spoke, "We'll try this again tomorrow."

Does he think I don't know what he's doing? He's starting to monopolize my time.

"What happened to the things we discussed before agreeing to this, Reid?" I bravely asked.

He inclined his head to the side, his disheveled long hair moving along. His hair is super soft, I won't mind running my fingers there over and over again.

"Tell me which part I need to unmuddle."

"You okayed. I said we can date whenever we want to date. That we'll keep this plain, distant, and simple. Staking a claim on me in front of everyone, most especially my employees, isn't exactly what we planned."

He started combing my hair, his eyes going lazily languid. "I changed my mind about some things."

What things?

"It concerns me, Reid. Pinag-uusapan natin dapat, hind 'yong nagdedesisyon ka ng bigla-bigla!"

But he didn't bat an eye on my outburst. Instead, the expression on his face is a mixture of amusement and pity. "Who said you're in control? Hiraya," he shook his head, "my Hiraya. Maybe it's high time I tell you that you're never gonna get hold of the wheel of this thing we're riding."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.1M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...