just for you (years 3-5)

By aedxx17

"but i guess that's what happens when you love someone. you ignore all the signs saying you should run" [TW]... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 9 (draco's pov)
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 37 (dracos pov)
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 56 (draco's pov)
chapter 57
chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60
chapter 61
chapter 62
chapter 63
chapter 64
chapter 65
chapter 66
chapter 67
chapter 68
chapter 69
chapter 70
chapter 71
sequel

chapter 10

45.8K 1.3K 2.7K
By aedxx17

it's two weeks before holiday break and i couldn't be more ready to get out of this school.

thing's between draco and i have been awful ever since the necklace incident, it's like the beginning of the school year all over again. we're constantly bickering, he's even yelled at me a few times when i tease him too much. pansy being all over him doesn't make it any easier, because now he flirts back with her. i think it's just to spite me... i sure hope it is.

we're all in the common room, studying and doing homework. the professor's always pile on the work before breaks.

"draco did you figure out what we need for the potions practical tomorrow?" i look up at him laying across the couch reading my textbook, while his head rests on pansy's shoulder. she couldn't look more pleased with herself.

"i thought you were going to figure that out" he replies, without looking at me

"how am i meant to do that when you're using my textbook?"

he whistles, "no need to get your knickers in a twist" he closes the book, throwing it down on the table in front of me, "i've got it all sorted out"

i take a deep breath, trying not to explode. i'm not used to him being cruel to me. even before we were friends he generally just left me alone, but now him teasing me has become an everyday thing.

"i hope we change partners when we come back from break" i mutter, grabbing back my book.

the bells sounds, fortunately, because it looked as though draco was about to say a practically nasty retort. we all pack up our things and head to the great hall for lunch.

__________________________

draco's pov

we're at the great hall, eating our lunch. i've been pretty harsh to y/n recently... but isn't that what she wanted? if she didn't want people to find out the necklace was from me, i figured distancing myself was the only way. 

pansy talks my ear off the whole meal. i'm not really listening to a thing she says though. i'm focused on y/n. she's not looking at me, she's turned to the side talking to blaise about divination. suddenly, i hear the swoosh of wings and i look up, seeing y/n's owl flying over head. that's odd, i think, mail came this morning. a letter drops down in front of y/n, and i recognize where it's from immediately... the ministry of magic. she looks away from blaise and sees the letter. i see her face go blank in shock as she grabs it quickly, running out of the great hall. blaise looks confused, but just turns back to his meal as she goes away. i look around at the rest of our friends, is no one going to go after her?

"get off" i nudge pansy and she jumps back, gasping as i stand up, not bothering to say bye to anyone as i follow y/n out the door. 

by the time i catch her, she's in the dorms.

__________________________

your pov

i'm standing over my bed, holding the letter in my hand. it's addressed to me... from the ministry. it can only be one of two things.

my dad's alive

or my dad's dead

i can't fathom what else they would be contacting me about. 

i haven't been able to muster up the strength to open it, it's almost better not knowing. i sigh, throwing it on to my bed and sitting next to it, placing my head in my hands.

i'm brought out of my thoughts by a soft knock on the door.

"hey" a familiar voice says quietly. i look up to see draco leaning against the doorframe, a small smile on his face.

"you know boys aren't allowed in the girls dorms" i say frankly, moving further back on my bed and resting my head against the wall.

"i'll take my chances" he smirks, moving over and sitting at the end of my bed, facing me

"what made you decide to be friendly to me all of a sudden?" i snap at him, seeing his smile fade

he just points to the letter sitting between us

"oh" i sigh

"yeah" he licks his lips awkwardly, looking down at his hands as he plays with the ring on his finger. we sit in silence for a moment before he speaks again, "sorry i've been a prick lately"

"at least you're aware you're an ass" i manage to chuckle a little. he smirks up at me.

"i didn't want them to figure out.." he clears his throat, "the necklace you know?"

"you think any of them are smart enough to figure it's from you" i laugh, "besides, they think it's from someone who fancies me. and pansy's convinced you fancy her"

"really?" he laughs

"well you do spend loads of time with her now that you don't speak to me unless it's an insult"

he looks down, guilt spread across his face, "well i don't fancy her" i raise my eyebrow, "i seriously don't"

i nod, believing him. i honestly don't think he's capable of fancying anyone. i look back down at the letter, picking it up slowly.

"what if he's..." i trail off. i see draco sigh nervously before moving closer to me, placing his hand over mine that's holding the letter.

"no matter what, it'll be alright" he gives a small smile, which i return. with a deep breath i begin to open the envelope, pulling out the letter and unfolding it. i can feel draco looking at me as a read, probably trying to figure out if the news is good or bad.

i sit, my mouth wide open as i finish the last sentence, not being able to comprehend what i've just read.

"what is it?" he says quietly. i look up to him and meet his eyes.

"he's alive" i whisper, not believing it myself.

__________________________

by the end of the night, i'm packed. they're sending me home early to see my dad, said i can take any exams i miss after break. draco helps me packs up my things, going on the whole time about how crazy this all is. i'd have to agree.

"what do i tell the other's?" draco says, as leave the mail room with my owl in her cage.

"i didn't think about that" i say honestly. draco is my only friend who knows the whole story about my dad, the other's don't even know he was missing in the first place.

"just tell them.... tell them that he was on a mission for the ministry and has just returned home. don't mention anything else" he nods. it's not technically a lie, it's just leaving out some key details.

he walks me down to the entrance hall where the rest of my stuff waits with hagrid. he's meant to take me back by boat and then i'll meet my mum at the station to go home. i turn back to draco standing in the doorway.

"good luck" he smiles, looking as if he doesn't know what to do next.

i run back up to him, wrapping my arms around his shoulders. he jumps back at first, probably in surprise, but slowly places his arms around my waist, returning the hug.

"thought you didn't like hugs" i say, muffled by his sweater. 

"i'll allow it" i pull back and see him smiling, "just this one time" he laughs, letting go of my waist to push me away from him by my shoulders. i smile widely, it feels like we're back to normal again.

"thanks for everything malfoy" i reach down, grabbing my suitcase. draco smiles a little, almost a sad smile if that makes sense, "promise you'll write this time?" i tease

"i promise" he rolls his eyes, turning and walking back into the castle as i turn to hagrid, boarding the boat and beginning my journey back home. 

__________________________

whooo hooooo! hope you all enjoyed! leave comment as usual letting me know if you like it! xoxo :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 4.2K 49
Draco x Ravenclaw reader fanfiction written in the third person POV/ some Draco POVs (I wanted to switch it up because normally it's told from the fe...
425K 8.9K 36
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
423K 26.8K 91
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
11.3K 317 26
It's funny how you'd take a bullet for the one behind the trigger. You wanted to fix him, he wanted to break you.