The Guy She Never Knew She Wa...

By Lottie_Cnozy

Charlotte Ruiz was once a shy girl who had a small crush on Tom when they were kids. As the years go by Charl... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7: His point of view
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40- censored version
Chapter 40- explicit version
Why are there two Chapter 40s?!
Author's note
Epilogue

Chapter 28

596 16 2
By Lottie_Cnozy

I blushed again, my eyes failing to meet his. With his soft, dreamy eyes looking at me like he's staring right into my soul. Before this, I never had trouble holding eye contact with him. But now? I'm just blushing all the time, like the shy girl everybody perceives me to be. 

His gaze seems different from before. I don't really know how to explain it but it's like all he sees in his eyes is me. Nothing else.

"Char?" Tom asks cautiously when I didn't say anything and just kept looking down at the floor at my feet. 

His hand goes around my shoulders as he leans sideways into my shoulder, rubbing it slightly but comfortingly. 

"I don't want us to be shy around each other. If it's awkward, we could go back to just being friends. I don't mind." he says softly and I could hear the sadness in them.

I slowly turned and leaned my head on his as I touched his hand on my shoulder. "No, I don't want that. I just like you so much that I don't know what to do." 

It's true. We've been friends for so long that, I've gotten used to him just as that boy who's just someone I could tease around with. 

I've wanted him before but those were just childish fantasies, I've never actually thought that he would reciprocate my feelings. That my long-hidden crush would like me back like this.

I've changed so much since then, I don't know if I really did like him or not. It's just silly that I used to envision him smiling solely at me, holding hands and the whole lot. But now it's much more than that. My understanding of being in a relationship with someone has changed. I have changed, he has. Everything has changed. We have grown up to be two different people. 

"It's ok, I'm here and I'm not about to go anywhere, anytime soon," Tom says reassuringly, hugging me, even more, closer than before. "Not when I know that you like me too."

With that, I hugged him back. Us hugging has made me so emotional because I have never felt so content in my life. "Thank you." 

His only response is a gentle pat on my back and a few soothing rubs up and down my back. If I could, I don't want this moment between us to end. But nothing lasts forever. 

Tom started tickling my sides and I burst out laughing. "HAHAHHHHHA! TOM! STOP!" 

He grins devilishly, "are you feeling better now?" 

"YES! YES! YES! NOW STOP! OR I PUNCH YOU IN DAA FACE" 

He chuckles as he removes his hands and proceeds to move away. "No no, I want you to hug me again. Please?" I quickly pleaded. For some reason, being close to him is really comforting right now. 

Wordlessly, he embraced me again. His scent is all I could smell and his warmth is all I could feel. I just want to melt into him. 

We continued hugging for a while and then we went in to the cinema. Hand in hand we went with Megs and Josh sneaking us knowing looks all the way to our seats. Me just giving them stink eyes.

We were lucky enough to get decent seats that were right in the centre and weren't too near the screen. There weren't many people in here and that's no wonder since this movie has been in cinemas for quite a while now. Megs and I are sandwiched in the middle of Josh and Tom, Tom on my right and Megs on my left. The seats on Tom's end is still empty while there's a family of three on Josh's side. 

Five minutes into the movie, a group of four giggling teenage girls came in. They are hastily looking for their seats now while whispering amongst themselves. What a nuisance. That's why I don't like being late. I guess you could call it FOMO but the way I see it, it's really a lose-lose situation. You miss out on things and the rest of the people gets distracted when you suddenly appear in the room. So always be punctual, kids!

Point in hand, I'm subconsciously aware of their actions instead of focusing on the movie. 

Oops, looks like they are heading our way. Specifically, the four seats situated next to Tom. 

***

The credits have just started to play, signalling the end of the movie.

I'm fuming. Red with anger. My blood boils just thinking about it. I hate humans. Ugh

Why'd those rowdy girls have to sit right next to us? And why would they come to the cinema only to NOT watch the movie? And why do they have to flirt with Tom? 

And don't get me started on the "subtle" touches on his arm here and there. They can't keep their slimy hands to themselves, is that it? It's f*cking infuriating! 

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not jealous. No, just really irritated because of them, my day is ruined. 

I was so close to telling them off at one point but I held it off because I don't really want to cause a scene. No, I'm going to keep calm and just watch the movie. I'm going to put on my big girl pants.

Besides, those girls only seem to be affecting me. Megs and Josh watched the movie like nobody's business, as usual, cracking up at the appropriate times. Tom is watching the movie. Quietly. It's odd since he didn't even bat an eyelash at me or the girls for that matter. 

He was polite to them, yes, but he isn't really responding in any other way. I feel bad for him, having to endure their rubbish.

As per usual, we waited for the movie credits to run their course. Watching it till the end. Even when most of the people have already left. Thankfully, those girls finally took their leave. 

It's funny how nobody enjoys the credits. How nobody truly watches till the end of the movie. 

Finally, we proceeded to exit the cinema. As I walked out, I could feel myself relaxing. My tense muscles unwinding themselves. Damn those rude moviegoers. 

I yawned, "today has been a loooonnng day. Let's go eat something and go home, kay? I'm exhausted." 

A chorus of agreement sounded all around me, satisfied we all parted ways to head to the restrooms. But a strong grip on my wrist stopped me from doing so. 

Turning to look at the source, I realized it was Tom. His face expresses a myriad of emotions, his eyes stormy like waves crashing against the shores on a dark moonless night.

"Ttom?" Why do I always stutter in situations like these?

"Are you okay?" he asks letting go of my wrist and holding me by my shoulders to lean closely at my face.  

I'm a little embarrassed by his closeness and I'm still irritated. So I did what I always did when I'm annoyed. I push them away and stomped my feet. "Why wouldn't I be? I'm fine! Leave me alone. I'm going to pee." 

"Look is it because of those girls? Are you jealous?" He says quickly but I continued walking away because I could hear the smugness in his voice. I don't feel like talking to a pompous prick right now.  

***

After that, I avoided talking to him. I wonder if I'd imagined the myriad of emotions I'd seen in him earlier because he seems fine. Too annoyingly fine. He had to rub it in my face throughout dinner. Calling me across the table in a mockingly loving voice or placing bite-sized pieces of food on my plate for me. 

On any other occasion, I'd be happily eating while blushing away. Wanting the moment between us to last forever. 

But I couldn't wish for anything more in contrast to that. I wanted this to be over as soon as possible. I can't stand his annoying face much longer. 

So when we did finally arrive at home, I said goodbye to no one in particular and sprinted away like the hell hounds were chasing me.

*****

You know that moment where some human contact just makes you cry? Writing these emotional scenes makes me wanna cry, it's so damn emotional. This is by far one of the most difficult chapters to write. That's why I personally don't do feelings. So make sure you don't catch any for me. Lol.

Aight somebody better come hug me right now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Given Time By K.Ward

Teen Fiction

2.9M 67.9K 55
As kids, Leah and Tanner hated each other. To this day, they still do. Tanner Cole is tall, dark, tattooed, and insanely attractive, though his ugly...
Loving You By Abbey

General Fiction

2.9M 61.2K 67
Carter Miller, is a freshman at UNC. Attempting to run away from her small town in New Hampshire with her best friend Tori by her side isn't as easy...
65.4K 2.4K 78
When college student Brandy Bright's charming, but toxic best friend, Benji, asks her to move in with him, she has to decide if making a move on her...
1.8M 40.7K 60
[18+] ENEMIES TO LOVERS SPORTS ROMANCE. °•°•°•° Hannah Walker doesn't trust anyone, especially men. They're manipulative and toxic - her lousy ex tau...