Once Upon A Miracle

بواسطة PJO_forever_and_ever

[COMPLETE] Twelve-year-old Blue was a dreamer and a believer of all things impossible. But even her all-encom... المزيد

Prologue
Chapter 1: When Blue met Miracle
Chapter 2: The song of miracles
Chapter 3: Blue makes a friend!
Chapter 4: The Old Lighthouse Cabin
Chapter 5: An adventure beckons
Chapter 6: A crazy heroine
Chapter 7: A trip to India
Chapter 8: And here comes the zombies
Chapter 9: Just a lover's quarrel
Chapter 10: A cruise through the Arabian Sea
Chapter 11: A memory resurfaced
Chapter 12: Inky clues
Chapter 13: Until next time
Chapter 14: Betrayal
Chapter 15: Deals with the Devil
Chapter 16: Love's story
Chapter 17: The last piece
Chapter 18: The reveal
Chapter 19: The monster within
Chapter 20: Team Good vs Team Bad
Chapter 21: The Skrulls
Chapter 23: Miracle to the rescue!
Chapter 24: Oops, caught
Chapter 25: Roll, camera...
Chapter 26: ...ACTION!
Chapter 27: Falling
Chapter 28: Once Upon a Miracle
Chapter 29: Pay back time
Chapter 30: The bromance is real
Chapter 31: Victory problems
Chapter 32: Bollywood soaps and evil husband
Chapter 33: Terrible puns lead to death
Chapter 34: The last showdown
Chapter 35: Together
Epilogue

Chapter 22: An uninvited guest

32 14 10
بواسطة PJO_forever_and_ever

"Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude."

~ A.A. Milne (Winnie-the-Pooh)

~~~~~~~~

"When did you figure it out?" Miracle asked, his voice edgy and, perhaps, slightly accusatory. "That Evil was behind it all."

Sherry shook her head. "It wasn't me who strung together the clues. It was Warren."

"How?"

Sherry turned her back to him, facing the window, her pale face reflecting in its glass. "I told you in the ship, do you remember? It happened in India. Before you teleported to the Taj and, well, saved my arse. Warren –-- he...you know him and some of his...disturbing abilities."

Miracle nodded, unsure of what she was trying to tell him.

"Well, when that man was about to skewer me with his knife, Warren knew he had to do something. But he was too far away. He couldn't run for me. So, he...tried to possess the man. It was tough on him, of course. He had sworn long ago not to make use of that particular ability. It reminded him of how close he was to Evil and his powers.

"But," Sherry's face softened a little, "he broke his pledge to save me. Of course, he couldn't use the man as a host, like Evil. Just control his actions by working into his mind for a short-period of time. But when he was inside the pirate's mind, he sensed something...or someone. There was a voice that reached out to him. Evil's voice. He recognised it instantly. He was so shocked that he lost control of the man. I was about to be daggered when you and Blue appeared. And, well, you know what followed after.

"After that, the pieces fell into place quite easily. It suddenly made sense. Evil was the one controlling the men. And we knew those men were the one going around, kidnapping the others, doing the dirty work. Warren told me his suspicions. I'm not sure why exactly. Maybe because he knew the worry was eating me up.

"It wasn't our plan to keep anything hidden from you guys. In fact, Warren was already on his way to spill the beans to you and Blue. Right then...Evil emerged. He teleported into the small room we had booked while you and Blue were still in the upper deck. I suppose, he had been watching us. It wouldn't be surprising, considering he already had his eyes on Blue. Oh, Miracle, I was scared. I was so scared. Neither of us wanted to listen to Evil and whatever testament he had to make.

"But, I--" Sherry stopped, her voice breaking and turning into a plea, willing him to just understand. "I couldn't let my sister get hurt. What Evil promised– it was impossible for me to not be tempted. Warren warned me it was too easy. That he would never keep his end of the deal. Evil was known for his trickery, after all. But I chose not to listen. I was blinded with desperation. I convinced Warren to help me too.

Sherry's eyes glistened with tears, her nose red as she sniffed. "It was easy to convince him. I was, perhaps, one of the few friends he trusted but, that moment, I was someone else entirely – cruel and vicious. I knew his insecurities and took my advantage, feeding him words he did not deserve to listen. I told him that you, Miracle, would forever outshine him. That you would never be his friend or brother. That he was Wrath and incapable of any good. He broke. He promised to help me, swayed by the thoughts that helping Evil would finally give him what he deserved, that he could be more. Better, even."

Goosebumps erupted on Miracle's arms and he couldn't help the abhorrence that crawled into him as he looked at Sherry in a new light. He had known her for a long time. He had also always known she was no saint. But to go this far—

Miracle shook his head. Now was not the time to judge. After what Evil did, Sherry could ponder about her own actions later.

Sherry finally turned to look at him properly, her face abruptly devoid of emotions, as if she were bracing for his anger, his judgement. He did not show either. He stared back at her headlong. When the silence stretched and Miracle remained quiet, a sort of burden seemed to lift from Sherry's shoulder. Her steps almost seemed a bit lighter as she walked closer to him.

"So now you know everything," she finally said.

Miracle nodded.

"Are we going to save Blue?"

He smiled. That seemed like a yes.

Sherry crossed her arms together. "And how do you intend to do that? I wasn't lying when I said it'd be impossible for us to defeat Evil."

Miracle tilted his head, the wheels on his brain starting to creak and turn. "We did it once, we can do it again. We just need a plan."

Sherry raised an eyebrow.

Miracle amended, "And some help."

~~~~~~~~~

When Goodness's voice drifted inside Blue's mind, the first thing she could think was, A ghost.

Someone snorted delicately and it definitely wasn't Blue. Hardly, Goodness said. I'm not a ghost. I am simply the manifestation of all that is good in the world.

Yeah, okay, blah blah. You know, I never allowed you to come and make yourself at home in my mind. I should charge you rent for holing up inside of me, Blue complained.

Goodness did not answer. But Blue could feel an amusement rise inside of her. Which was weird because she was definitely not amused by this entire situation.

Oh, of course, run when faced with the talk of tenure, Blue thought angrily. A part of her was, however, pleased that she finally got to use the word 'tenure', although the context around it was a bit...bizarre.

Blue only felt her amusement rise, to the point, she had to stifle a laughter from bubbling out of her. Both Love, who was tied and gagged beside her, and Warren , who was guarding them to make sure they didn't cause any trouble, shot Blue a bewildered look. Her expression must have looked constipated – alternating between a glare and a laugh.

Her father— uh, Evil was too occupied to notice her though. He seemed to be scribbling some sort of letter, his eyes glinting with a barely veiled hilarity while his men moved around. They seemed to be lumbering around the box, preparing for something.

Blue knew their time was running short. Soon, if what Goodness said was correct, they would be trapped inside a magical sarcophagus.

Stop that! Blue shouted inside her own head. Stop laughing, this isn't amusing.

When Goodness seemed to sober up, Blue asked the one question that had been bothering her, Why would you even choose me as a host? Out of seven billion people, why me?

For a long moment, there was only silence. Blue started to think that Goodness had disappeared when she confessed, I'm not sure. I do not usually choose my hosts depending on a certain criteria. It just happens. My essence is drawn towards the ones capable enough of hosting me. But I'm never truly within one person. I'm present – even if in small amounts – in everyone. But you, Blue, you have a lot of good in you. You're capable of much.

Admittedly, Blue was a little flattered. But I'm not brave, she argued, her shy, modest side surfacing. I'm a bit of a coward actually. I steal sometimes, as well. Oh, I lie too. And I do have nasty habit of gossiping.

I know who you are, Blue. And I know what you do and do not. I have been inside you for a while now. I do not look for bravery or people who are saints. That is not what goodness is about.

I don't understand, Blue admitted.

You will soon, Goodness promised. Or maybe you will never. It is not something that could fit into a clear definition. It varies for all. Sometimes it is letting go of a loved one, sometimes it is about forgiveness, sometimes it is about being fighting for what is right. But, whatever its meaning, I know you are good. And, hence, I'm depending on you.

To do what? Blue asked, although, she supposed, she already knew the answer.

To defeat Evil. To help your father. To help Love, Happy and the others – all trapped inside that sarcophagus.

I don't know if I can do it.

You will have to. The world is counting on you.

Well, that's no pressure at all, Blue thought wryly. Why am I, a twelve-year-old, stuck being a hero?

Isn't that what you always wanted? To have an adventure? To be a hero? Goodness argued.

Blue considered that, grudgingly acknowledging that it was a good argument. So, she sighed and thought, Time to save the world then.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

The Exiles بواسطة EvaA

الخيال (فانتازيا)

16.1K 2.1K 44
[WATTYS 2022 Shortlist | Wattpad Editor's Picks July 2023 | 17 x Featured]. A fairy tale inspired by elements of Hindu mythology. Able to weave dream...
173K 15.6K 16
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐨 "𝐑𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐝" 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 �...
122 13 5
☆☆💫🎄🌨️❄️🌟~~~~~~~ :::::A Christmas Story::::: ------•Magic is Arcane•------- The story is about~ Magic💫 Christmas🎄Life🌟Beliefs...🌨️and...❤️ ...
14.2K 1.5K 41
FEATURED by @WattpadTimeTravel PEREGRINATE: to make one's way through, across, or over For Manya, a sixteen-year-old, the destination was to be only...