Number 9: The Genetically Mod...

By everyday_imstumblin

-Completed- [Definitely not your average Werewolf story, if you expect love at first sight - please thou sha... More

Number 9
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15 Part l
Chapter 15 Part ll
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 Part I
Chapter 21 Part ll
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 Part I
Chapter 29 Part II
Epilogue

Chapter 14

51K 2K 978
By everyday_imstumblin

Mate or not, in a pack there can only be one dominant Werewolf to rule them all... 

Nine savagely snapped the air. She was not going to be the weak one. She was not going to submit to him!

Oh, but you will. The beast spoke. You alone are too weak but with my power, I will make sure we do not submit to any wolf!

'No!' Nine exclaimed. 'I want to make him submit! I don't want to be weak!'

Alpha Slade's hackles raised, his eyes dilated and locked onto his mate. His posture was firm and strong, he was not going to let her win. He stepped forward with his head high as he tried to dominate Nine.

The seconds Nine's eyes looked down, the Alpha moved swiftly. He did not have to do anything but stand above her. Nine's head was slightly lowered than the Alpha, her legs trembled by his force.

Do not forget that you are nothing without my strength! Let me dominate him! Let me be the one who will make him submit! The beast said and Nine could feel his primal instincts pushing through. His savage thoughts of hunting overcome her own.

But it was one word from Alpha Slade that made her decision.

'Submit.' His voice commanded above all.

Nine exhaled. 'Fine. But you know the deal-'

Yes. Yes. Your weak friend will not be touched. The beast muttered impatiently and then cruelly curled his lips. But can't say the same for the pack.

Nine didn't reply and instead pulled back into the darkness. Her only thoughts were about Dexter's and her survival. With that, she lost control and the beast moved in. Deep inside, Nine could see or hear nothing. She was alone and could only hope she would no longer be controlled by another.

Someone like Victor...she would not allow it to happen again.

Slade felt a change in Nine, her eyes began to coat crimson – the color of fresh blood. It was alarming to feel such maliciousness and danger so close to his pack. Worst still, it was coming from his mate. Their Luna. Even if she wasn't the one in control.

There was an eerie growl coming from his challenger and the advantage Alpha Slade had over Nine diminished in a second.

'So we finally meet mutt.' The beast shook his fur, completely at ease with the Alpha's presence. His head was raised and blood red eyes locked onto his target.

Slade could not speak but he hid his shock well. It terrified him that that was living inside his mate.

'But we can talk later because right now, I'm starting to wonder what's it like being an Alpha.'

Slade's response was a defiant snarl.

The pair circled each other and Alpha Slade could feel that he was at a disadvantaged. He could feel the pressure suffocating him, his wolf was also just barely holding on to his power and authority as an Alpha. There was no doubt that the beast was powerful and truly possessed his primal instincts but there was one thing that the beast did not have.

And that was a pack.

With a forceful growl, Ryan forced himself to stand on his two feet. Without a single word, he felt his Alpha need for help. That he could not handle the beast alone and that together – as one, they would bring him down and hopefully return his mate and their Luna to them.

Seeing the Beta use all his strength to go against his wolf's instinct was enough for the warriors of the pack to try.

The beast watched cautiously and almost intrigued by the pack's loyalty to their Alpha. As a lone wolf, he never felt the power of the pack but he was about to. The beast snapped at the pack as some of the strong ones shifted into their wolves and stood firmly behind their Alpha.

Slade grew with confidence from his pack and let out a threatening snarl and advanced forward.

Baring his teeth and savagely growing, the beast dared not to step back.

'Hiding behind your pack? Such weakness!' He taunted but Slade was firm.

'Such weakness and yet it has you hesitant. Where is the merciless beast?!' Slade exclaimed back.

The Lycan growled in frustration. He was not weak. It was the shewolf who held him back from his true power. Her weak Werewolf genes were a dominant trait in their body, it allowed her more control while he suffered in the darkness.

It was a gift from the Moon Goddess but a curse to him.

He hated the Werewolf form. Loathed its human instincts. And until he seperated the Werewolf from his Lycan form, only then he would be unstoppable.

But he'd never submit without a bloody fight.

The massive black wolf charged forward! His claws dug into the earth and projected himself straight at the Alpha. It was a blur and whirlwind of savage growls, balls of fur and brutal and vicious attacks.

The beast versus the pack.

All forced themselves to forget that it was the body of Nine's and attacked the beast to protect their Alpha and pack. The beast could not get a hold of the Alpha when he was fighting multiple wolves that snapped down on his legs and back, all pulling him in different direction. He could not feel the pain or the pool of blood falling from his wounds because his eyes were solely on the leaders' and he was not going to stop unless he was dead.

Alpha Slade saw an opening at the back of the beast's neck and heavily clamped down on it. The beast could do very little as the pack flipped him on his side. The action had him filled with utter rage.

They dare force me into submission!

The beast turned wild, he snapped, clawed and twisted himself to stand up. He'd never allow himself to be put into that position because every wolf obeyed the primal instincts that lowering themselves was a sign of submission and for him to be forced into it and allow mere mutts to stand above him was- was-!

Slade took but a second to aim for the beasts' neck and held himself there. The challenge was over.

With his life in the Alpha's hands, the pack released their grip and moved back. Even those injured held their position because it was important for the beast to see. To see that even with his great power and dominance – he was the one laying down before them and exposing himself to the pack.

The vulnerable wolf who lays on the ground, submits to those who stand above him.

And it was the Alpha who decides what happens next.

But this time, he didn't get too because the beast disappeared into the abyss and allowed Nine to resurface. He would not allow himself to be submitted – by force or anything! He would let her to bow down to the Alpha's command.

But he would remember this day and make sure that no one would come between him and his fight with the Alpha.

When Slade felt no movement and a submissive energy flow through him did he allow himself to release his grip. He stood over the black wolf, his head and tail high to show the beast who was the Alpha. Words did not need to be spoken because animal instincts understood who was in charge.

But it was the panic that was rolling off the wolf that had Slade concerned. He saw that the eyes were white and that meant his mate returned.

Thank Goddess! He thought but he could not see the panic build inside of Nine.

W-What's happening?! Nine was confused. She thought she'd never submit to another! She thought the beast would win! And that she'd never have to be controlled by another.

And yet, as her eyes glided up and hesitantly looked into the Alpha's, she wondered...is this it? Am I no longer free?

Just like Victor she was now...controlled by Alpha Slade. Her life was his now. She was at his mercy.

'Nine, are you alright?!' Slade questioned and laid down beside her. He flinched at all her wounds and the blood pouring out of the gashes on her face.

He whined and moved to lick her face but Nine immediately shifted back. Her head was almost touching the ground, painful memories were coming back to her.

'N-Nine?' Slade stuttered unsurely. In an instant, he watched his mate transform into a submissive wolf.

No....

'Nine...' The sound of the Alpha's voice had her snapping her head upwards before she quickly looked away to not be seen as a threat to him.

The Alpha shifted into a human and changed into a pair of shorts given to him by the Beta who stood by his side.

"Nine." Slade said pleadingly and crouched down to his submissive mate. Her eyes would not meet his and Slade felt himself break at the sight of his mate.

He did not want this. He'd never want his mate to ever submit to him! To think she was below him! It was just the beast! And-and!

Oh Goddess! What have I done?! Slade clenched his fists hard.

"Nine, I'm sorry! I-I had no choice-" he tried to apologize and moved to lay a comforting hand on her head but as soon as his fingers brushed against her fur, Nine abruptly flinched away in fear...

His hand stilled midair – Slade's heart and soul shattered into millions of pieces.

No...Please Goddess! Please don't make her fear me!

Slade took in a shaky breath and forced himself to be calm.

"Nine. Listen to me." Slade tried to stay strong but he could feel himself crumbling. If he does not make her understand than he will lose his feisty, stubborn Queen forever.

"Nine, you do not have to submit to me. I don't want you to think you are lower than me. Let's go back to the way we were – I'll even show you the Cliffside like you wanted me too!" Slade begged desperately but there was nothing he could do as he watched the light from her eyes fade until it looked like a blank, lifeless page.

"No! No! Nine – Please! Don't-" Slade reacted without thinking and moved closer to his once fiery mate but abruptly stopped at her next words.

His whole being dissolved before him as he heard her say...

'I'm sorry...master.' Nine whispered to the Alpha, her eyes refusing to look at him, 'Please forgive me for my disobedience. I will wait for your punishment in my cell.'

Nine kept her body language as submissive. Tail between her legs and head low as she passed her new master and ran towards the jailhouse, completely oblivious to what she has done to her mate.

"No..." Slade said breathlessly and watched helplessly as Nine ran away from him. Her once confident, fierce attitude was reduced to a meek wolf. Nine didn't even bother to snap at the other Werewolves around her.

"No!" He thundered in pure anger and agony, starting to feel himself burn with emotions. Slade shut his eyes tight and clutched his head – pulling at his hair, "What have I done?!" he spat to himself and let out a vicious roar.

The pack felt their Alpha's pain. Ryan looked down in sorrow. He made no move to comfort his friend because he did not know what to say. What Slade did was the right thing to do for the pack but as a mate...Your mate was your equal. Making them submit was like having a servant instead of your other half. There was no love and there will never be.

A mate forced into that relationship would eventually loathe their mate. Anything could happen after that, they could run away or kill their mate. But if it turns for the worst, the submissive would lose themselves and be nothing but an empty shell. Death would be the only way to save them.

Ryan looked up to where Nine ran. By the looks of it, he could guess which path his Luna was going to take.

"Dexter!" Slade yelled once he caught a whiff of the ginger haired Werewolf. With a craze look in his eyes, he stormed up to the saddened man and gripped both his shoulders tightly and shook him.

"Tell me how to fix this! Tell me how to get my mate back!" He shouted, his expression distraught.

Dexter shook his head in sadness, looking at Alpha Slade in defeat. "I-I don't know." He whispered and then looked down. He could not bear to see the Alpha this way nor think about his friend. He saw the whole thing and only wish he could stop it in time but he was too late.

The look in Nine's eyes...Dexter was scared to go see her in fear of seeing those defeated eyes.

But he would do it. He was going to tell her about mates and make her understand that Slade is everything she needed.

Dexter could only pray she would listen.

"You know I didn't mean to do it!" Slade yelled at the small man, his voice trembling.

Dexter nodded his head and Slade closed his eye, feeling the tears surface. "I-I should have controlled myself! I knew she didn't know about mates but when she thought you were hers I-I just lost it!" Slade choked and moved away from Dexter. "Now I lost all the trust I gained from her." His voice fell into a whisper before raising into an angry growl.

"I'm so stupid! I want her to be my equal – not fear me, not think I was like Victor! Just – Argh!"

Slade's body convulsed, the bones snapping and fur sprouted out his skin. Standing on all fours, Slade let out a distressing howl – his wolf calling out to his mate...but there was no response.

In a blink of an eye, Slade disappeared deep into the dark woods.

***

"Nine?" Dexter whispered through the door before stepping inside and shutting the door behind him.

The cell was darker than normal. The sun was not shining, dark clouds began to form and deafening thunder roared across the lands.

Dexter could barely make out Nine's black figure so he used his hands to find the light switch on the wall beside him. Flicking it on, Dexter's face fell at the sight of his friend. She was curled up in a vulnerable position, back facing him.

He walked to the cage and stepped inside the open door. They didn't need to lock the cell anymore since Nine was getting used to the other Werewolves. Inching forward, Dexter walked around her towards the front. Her face was hidden by her tail as she squeezed herself tight into a ball.

"Nine...Nine pl-ease t-talk to m-e." Dexter bent down and ran his hand through her fur. The action made Nine peek shyly through her tail at him. Sending her a small smile, Dexter got comfortable on the floor.

He took a deep breath before speaking. "I-I ha-ve to tell you so-some-thing. I-I have n-not been en-tirely ho-honest with you." He said lowly and fidgeted with his fingers whilst looking down.

Nine watched his curiously. Her friend had never lied to her before so what could he possibly tell her, she thought.

"Yo-You know h-how I told you ab-about Were-Werewolf cul-culture?" Dexter finally lifted his eyes to hers.

She nodded her head.

"W-Well I-I – I may ha-ve left som-some-thing im-important out."

Nine slightly narrowed her eyes at him.

"Y-You have to un-understand I d-did it for you Nine!" Dexter pleaded. He did not want her to think he did not trust her enough to tell her about mates. "I-I didn't kn-know if the G-Goddess would gift you w-with having...a m-mate."

Nine lifted her head and stared at him in confusion. "My master said it means you are special."

It took Dexter a second to realize that Nine was not talking about Victor but Slade instead! His worst fears had come true as his eyes widened in pure shock and horror.

"N-No! N-Ni-ne, Al-alpha Slade i-is not y-your mas-ter!! H-He will ne-ver be your master! H-He's your mate!" Dexter cried out.

Nine turned away from him and looked at the ground blankly. She did it often whenever something upsets her.

"But he owns me. I can feel myself be in his control." She replied quietly. Nine had come to accept that the Alpha was her real master whereas Victor no longer holds the title. He forced her to call him master when he really wasn't anywhere close to what her new master was.

Nine was terrified of her master more than she ever feared Victor. He possessed pure dominance because he defeated the beast within her! For that he was above her in every sense. Victor used brutal force to make her submit but her master had true authority and command.

He was the one who could punish her and she'd not rebel; Torture her emotionally and not have a single thought of attacking; Kill her and she would let it happen because she would never go against her master.

For the first time, Nine could feel death lurking in the shadows, just waiting to take her soul.

"Al-Alpha S-Slade would n-never do that! Y-you're his mate!" Dexter argued braking her train of thought, his face contorted in alarm and concern.

"So I'm special to him like how I was with Victor?" Nine asked, her voice dipping low. Those days with him meant nothing. Nine could only think he wanted to gain her trust so she would do everything he commanded without question. She was extremely loyal to her friends.

Yet she'd always wondered why her master paid extra attention to her. It was never like Victor's cruel gaze but more tender. It also didn't explain why he didn't use his dominance on her before instead of trying gain her trust.

"No..." Dexter whispered, his voice cracking. "Nine...A m-mate i-is your so-soul-mate."

Nine looked at him with a tilt of her head. "Soul-mate?"

He nodded his head, "I-I'm go-ing to tell you a-a story a-and I want you to-to really – really think about it Nine."

She stared at him and waited for him to speak.

Taking a deep breath Dexter began to explain how a mate came to be for Werewolves.

"Wh-en the Moon God-dess creat-ed the first Werewolf, she knew they would have been lonely. Es-espec-ially in a wo-rld where h-humans would n-not ac-cept some-thing that did not lo-ok like them. To-To humans, w-we are mon-monsters." He started.

Dexter was in a daze as his recalled the memory of asking his mother what a soul mate was. It was the only time she took time to explain something to him.

"S-So be-fore the G-God-dess placed the human so-ul into a W-Wolfs' body, she split it in-to two." He said, remembering the words his mother told him. "Each h-half of the soul in-inhibited a-a se-parate body, wait-waiting to f-find or b-be found by th-eir other half."

Dexter lifted his gaze to Nine who was watching him intently. He lightly chuckled at her never ending curiosity. Nine always loved to know what everything was.

"You w-will ne-ver feel truly com-complete until you find your soul-mate." His voice dipped into a gentle whisper. "The Goddess h-as blessed us w-with having our g-greatest st-ren-gth and we-akn-ess. Yo-ur m-mate is eve-ry-thing to you as you are to th-em. You are con-nected. H-Hurting your m-mate is like hurting your-self."

Dexter could only hope he was gifted enough to have a mate of his own.

Bringing his eyes back to Nine when his gaze wondered as he talked, looking her straight in her eyes he said slowly but strongly, "N-Nine, d-do you un-under-stand what I am say-ing – A-Alpha Sl-Slade is your mate. You a-and him are-are equal." He stressed the last word.

Nine shook her head in disbelief, "No..." she whispered and sat on her hind legs but kept her head low. "No! The Alpha is my master now! He has control over me – Did you know he has some sort of power over me?!" Nine exclaimed to Dexter. Before her friend could get a word in, she cut him off to explain the hold the Alpha had on her before the challenge.

She just didn't know what it was but now....

"Every time I notice his presence. I know when he's near me or if he's close by! You know I don't look at another wolf but with my master – I-It's like I can't get rid of him!" Nine yelled in frustration. "He's always on my mind! I think of him when I wake up and when I go back to sleep."

Her lungs were taking in deep breaths of air in an attempt to calm herself. "And not to mention the strange feelings I get whenever he touches me!" Nine continued, "It's like a bunch of bites that don't hurt! He's nothing like Victor which only confuses me."

She didn't realize she got up to pace. Nine was agitated. She had pent up energy that was only bottling up inside of her with no chance of release. She didn't think her master would like it if she were to have her daily run now, especially since she was waiting for his return so he could give her the punishment for her disobedience and insubordinate.

By the end of it, Dexter had a sad smile on his face. So she did notice the mating pull but interpreted it the wrong way, he thought.

"P-Please explain to me Dexter!" Nine pleaded and moving to lay her head on his lap and closing her eyes, "Tell me what to do. Tell me what to think because I don't know anymore! I hate not understanding." She exclaimed, her voicing getting lower with each word.

Sighing, Dexter caressed her head and began to explain why he did not tell her about mates.

"Ni-Nine, you have to und-understand th-that I-I could n-not tell you about mat-es be-cause if you di-d not see for your-self that Alp-ha Sla-de cares for you, the-n you wo-would ha-have thought the m-mating pull was him ha-ving con-trol over y-you, just like V-Victor."

His friend stayed quiet but her eyes were opened and he could see through them that she was deep in thought.

"B-Bel-live me when I s-say this Nine, Alpha Sl-Slade will t-take care o-of you far m-more b-bet-ter than I ever will." He said with a small smile and watched as Nine lifted her head off his lap to look at him with those piercing eyes.

"Tell m-me Nine, h-has h-he ever giv-en you a rea-son to not trust him? H-Has he hurt you l-like Vic-Victor?" he asked, voice growing strong.

Dexter could see the battle in her eyes but he knew her answer before she did.

Looking away, Nine shook her head.

There was no room to doubt her master's intentions based on his actions but Nine couldn't help it. She wanted to believe he was like Victor but he wasn't anywhere close. He'd treated her with nothing but kindness and patience.

"H-He pro-ba-bly didn't tell you th-this b-but Al-Alpha Slade sl-sleeps out-side your cell a-at night."

Nine's head snapped to Dexter. So that's where his smell was coming from, she thought wide eyed.

Dexter gazed at her softly. "H-He d-didn't want to be aw-ay from you be-cause you are h-his mate."

Standing up and brushing of the dust on his jeans, Dexter shot his friend a last smile.

"Th-ink about w-what I-I said Nine, be-be-because o-ne day I w-ill not be the-re but I know Alpha S-Slade will."

And then he leaves and shutting the door quietly.

That night, Nine's thoughts were plagued with Dexter's words about her master.

But the real question that bugged her was, would she ever trust him again?

***

Three days later, Slade finally got up the courage to talk to his mate.

It wasn't that he was afraid to speak to Nine but he feared her reaction to the sight of him now that she thinks he's a monster. It felt like a stab in the heart when Dexter told him that Nine no longer thinks Victor is her master...but him instead.

After hearing that, Slade would not talk or see anyone in the past few days. He fell into an almost comatose state making everyone worried about him.

His movements were sluggish, he couldn't eat or sleep. He was dead to the world because his mate no longer sees him as a friend or someone she could trust.

It was only when his pushy oldest sister slapped him out of it.

Literally.

Tori's stubborn and persistent personality outmatched Slade's need to avoid everyone in the world. He had no choice but to do what she said to get rid of her. But that was the world they lived in. Tori followed her instincts more than her human side. She possessed the strength and stubbornness that at times was needed in a Werewolf world. Because it was sure as hell that no wolf listened to those who were weak.

In Tori's case, sometimes she pushed a little to far.

So there he was. Standing outside the very door that led to his gorgeous mate. Slade's hand was inches away from pushing the door open but he was hesitant. He didn't think he could go through another rejection from Nine. His wolf was barely hanging on knowing that their mate could indirectly reject them.

Goddess, did he miss those days when he could be by her side and Nine would allow it.

"Well?" A shrilling voice from behind him, made Slade roll his eyes in annoyance.

Tori wanted to come along to make sure he didn't chicken out. It was such a shame his sister knew him so well.

Laying his hand on the door but not pushing it, Slade dropped his head and sighed.

"Tori, please leave." He said tiredly.

"No." she replied back with fierce attitude. Slade could imagine that she had a hand on her cocked hip and her left eyebrow raised.

"I'm sorry but who brought you here?" she asked and Slade shut his eyes, rubbing it with his free hand. "I will be here when you enter that door and when you come back out because this thing you have with your mate will be dealt with today!" she said firmly.

Slade clearly forgot that all the females in his family were pushy, stubborn and persistent. He'd hope that Ariana would stay like the sweet girl she is but he was sure the female gene would kick in soon and then he'd have to deal with another Tori.

At least his mate was stubborn but in a cute way. Not like his sister.

Goddess, he should let Ryan have more days to himself after realizing he's stuck with his sister for the rest of his life! That poor soul.

"Aright! I'm going!" he huffed, pushed the door open and stepped into the dark room.

Slade felt like he was in a horror film. Tori cackled loudly, her evil laugh echoed in the room as the door slammed shut sending into darkness.

Wiping the sweat on his jeans, Slade moved to switch on the light in the room. Walking forward he saw Nine curled into a ball.

He had gotten updates from Ryan and Nolan that she didn't even come out of her cell or talk to them as much as they tried to get a response from her. She also barely ate anything, only nibbling her food just enough for her to gain some energy until the next meal. It angered him that she was not taking care of herself and it was also one of the reasons why he was standing in the cell. When Tori told him that his mate was barely eating, he quickly got dressed and came here.

Slade would make sure that she ate her meals and spend time outside. He would not let his mate suffer and if he was forced to do it, then he would command her. But Goddess did he pray it wouldn't come to that.

"Nine?" he said softly and flinched when he saw her body stiffen at the sound of his voice.

Trying to control his heartbeat, Slade entered the cage through the open door and inched his way to his mate.

When he was a few feet from her, Nine quickly turned around to face her master. She made sure her head was low and avoid eye contact.

She heard what sounded like a whimper but she didn't dare look if it came from her master.

"Nine, look at me." She immediately lifted her head, though her eyes did not meet his.

Nine shied away when her master stepped closer and reached a hand out. It was that moment that Nine noticed how her actions caused her master to be in pain. He looked broken.

Dexter's words overwhelmed her.

'He is your mate!'

'Hurting them is like hurting yourself.'

But...she doesn't feel anything for him.

The feelings were unfamiliar to her that she could easily brush it off as if it was nothing but the feelings were very persistent, especially around her master. Sometimes she wondered if she was getting sick. She never got a 'flu' like the couple of times Dexter did. Apparently, her immunity was pretty strong.

"Nine please talk to me." Her master whispered and bent down on one knee to her level. He tilted his head to try to look in her eyes but she turned her head away.

Her body was shaking with the need to crawl away. Now up close, Nine detected the dominance rolling off him which scared her.

"Please do not shut me out Nine! Let's – Let's go back to the way it was before." Slade's voice was strained and lifted his hand to cup her wolf head in his hands. He made her look in his jade eyes as he spoke softly but the underlying begging was there.

"Think of me as your friend!"

It took a couple of seconds before Nine responded.

"But you're not..." she replied, making sure her tone did not hold her naturally dominating voice that could make the lesser Werewolves cower in terror. She didn't want to challenge her master and risk being killed.

But she knew. She just knew that her master would not hurt her and deep inside she still trusts him. Though years of following orders by force had brought out the obedient part of Nine. The part that Victor could still control if he were to return.

The part where she feared what he could do to her and she would not resist.

Slade's Adam's apple bobbed as he tried to swallow. He could not handle it anymore. Just being with his mate and yet so far away from her has left him broken and defeated. There was only so much Slade could do and handle with his mate.

And right now, he'd had enough.

Letting out a shaky breath he stood up. Gazing forlornly at Nine, Slade took a small step back. His mate still didn't lift her head to look at him as took another step back before he turned away and dejectedly walked out the room.

But what Slade did not know was that a certain she-wolf was hoping he'd stay a little longer.

Running a hand tiredly through his hair, Slade abruptly stopped when he almost bumped into an excited Tori but her mood dimmed when she saw his face.

"That bad?" she asked with a frown.

Slade just shook his head stiffly and walked away. He had pack duties to attend to and hoped it could get his mind of his mate.

Still standing in front of the jailhouse, Tori huffed

"Guess it's up to me!" she exclaimed, took a deep breath and sauntered into the building with confident strides.

There was no way in hell was she going to let her brother suffer any longer. It ends now!

Nine's ear twitched and her nose caught a certain scent coming her way. By the smell of it, it was a she-wolf. It took a second for Nine to realize who it was but by then the door slammed opened and in walked the female she wanted to avoid.

It's that pushy she-wolf, she thought and tried to calm the beast who began to pace in anger. Nine may obey her master but any other wolf was below her. She would not tolerate such disrespectfulness, especially since the she-wolf just waltz in her cell like she owned the place.

This was Nine's domain.

Snapping the air threateningly, Nine stood to her full height making Tori come to an abrupt holt.

"Wow! That's some serious commanding power you have there." Tori raised her hand in surrender and took a couple of steps back. "I mean no harm so could you stop with the growling. You're getting drool all over the place."

Nine ceased growling but kept up her deadly glare. She'd forgotten how stupid Tori was going up against her. The beast wanted to end her. He had built up rage and needed to release it and Nine might just let him.

He'd been very quiet and unresponsive but Nine could feel his hate and wrath building up. She did not know what happened between him and the Alpha and all she knows was that he lost but was not submissive. The burning feelings from him were stifling. Nine normally would've released his anger in the arena but the one prey before her would just have to do.

Tori sighed and slumped her shoulders. "Look, you can't keep doing this to Slade. You're hurting him Nine." She said.

"No, I'm not. If anything my master will hurt me." Nine replied half-heartedly and looked away. She was forcing herself to believe her master was like Victor. It would make everything much easier for her to be a slave because she knew what to be, rather than a mate.

"But has he ever tortured you like that crippled old man!" Tori snapped, feeling angry at Slade's mate. Damn, he wasn't lying when he said she was stubborn.

Nine tilted her head. "Old man?" she questioned. These Werewolves never made sense to her.

She contemplated if her master would realize that his sister was going to be missing because Nine had some serious thoughts about killing her. The beast eagerly agreed and Nine took a step forward towards the vulnerable she-wolf.

"I'm talking about Victor!" Tori huffed. She rolled her eyes, unaware of the danger that was inching closer to her.

Let me kill her!

No! You had your chance...now she's mine. Nine's lips twitched at the thought of taking a bite. She too also felt bitter towards being controlled. Though her anger was not as strong as the beasts' but she did have her own, which was enough to take down any wolf.

"Doesn't matter. In time my master will hurt me." Nine said trying to keep the she-wolf distracted as she prowled to the left side of her prey. Her eyes glowing red with the anticipation of the kill.

Almost...there.

Once Nine was in the perfect position, her muscles coiled – more than ready to pounce when...

"Ya know, you're just like Victor!" Tori snapped, her eyes narrowing.

Nine turned deadly still.

Just like that her eyes turned pale white and her black pupils dilated to show her panic and fright.

Kill her.

"N-No I-I'm not!" she exclaimed, ignoring the beast. The hairs on her back raising as a sharp chill ran through her spine.

She wasn't! She didn't – No... Everything started coming back at her at once. From the moment Nine met Slade she'd tried to kill him. She bit him multiple times and yet he did not strike back when he could have easily killed her.

Her m...master tried to get close to her and she snapped at him.

Make her bleed!

No!

Nine shook her head to force the beast voice out of her head and backed up to the corner of the room. Her wide eyes stayed on the she-wolf.

B-But she didn't think it would make her like – like Victor...

Kill her!

S-Stop!

"Yes. You. Are." Tori said firmly and advanced on the scared wolf, now that the tables have turned. "You're torturing Slade just like the way Victor did to you. Do you not see the pain you are causing him because you would not give him a chance?" her voice started to rise with every word.

Just one bite!

Nine began to tremble.

"He just wanted to be your friend!"

Nine could not think as she was bombarded with violent thoughts from the beast. The she-wolf was not helping either.

"He wants you to trust him!" Tori stood over Nine who was crouching in the corner, her body shrinking smaller and smaller with every word.

Kill!

"Slade has done everything for you but you still attacked him!"

P-please stop! Nine begged but could not speak.

Kill!

No! I won't h-hurt her. Her eyes shut tightly and tried to block out their voices that seemed to be getting louder and louder.

"You're nothing but a monster!"

Just leave me alone!!

KILL!!!

"You're just like Victor because you enjoy watching others in pain!" Tori spat.

"NO!!!"

In a second Nine was on her feet standing to her full height, her voice thundered through the room. Raw power burst through Nine, sending Tori flying across the room before it slowly dispersing.

Outside the jailhouse, all Werewolves within a one kilometer radius could feel the power though it was less intense as the one inside the jailhouse.

While those Werewolves were left wondering where it came from as it disappeared, inside the cell Tori groaned and slowly sat up. Her head was throbbing painfully but other than that she was physically okay.

Next time learn to keep your mouth shut. Tori scolded herself.

Blinking her eyes opened, she gasped at Nine.

She was hunched over, heavily breathing and front legs apart with her head down low.

"N-Nine?" Tori asked uneasily and shakily got to her feet. She was tempted to call Slade or even Ryan as some sort of back-up. Tori realized that she wouldn't survive if Nine was going to attack.

Hearing her voice, Nine cat eyes snapped to hers, making her stumble back in fright.

Tori let out a shriek, covering her mouth with her hands just as she heard the first bone snap....

****

SURPRISE!!! HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER AS MUCH AS TIMMY - I MEAN I WROTE IT! :D

Quick question, those who love original books and stuff, what NON CLICHE stuff would you like to see me write. Give me ideas and i may put it in this book or another book if i ever decide to make another :D)  

You could also tell me what stuff you would like to see in this book to make it more epic. Be aware i may not use your ideas and may save it for another, so dont be sad if your idea aint in this book and yh!

Also I might even add my own little twist to it coz you know how evil i can be >:D >:D >:D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.5K 2.2K 21
I grabbed her arm for support and I swore her skin on mine was getting me high. I understood what was happening with me. I spun her around and pulle...
2.3M 75.4K 28
She's no hunter. She doesn't mess around. She's the hotest, smartest, powerfulest Protector. She's Cassidy Ruth. Cassidy is full of dark secrets. Onl...
149K 2.8K 45
Harvey was seven when her own twin set her up to be framed. Her family refused to believe her and instead sent her to a boarding school which turned...
478K 15.2K 35
COMPLETED. Avery was best friends with the soon to be alpha of the pack, she was so sure they'd be mates. But her world is abruptly ripped apart when...