Playful Love

By Devilish_angelR

What happens when the college Nerd and Playboy falls in love because of a simple dare? Evander Arlette took a... More

Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
Epilogue
New story Alert

23

62.9K 1.9K 679
By Devilish_angelR

Violet~

"Violet? " Evander said looking between Archie and Me. I looked at him frozen.

"Evan." My voice barely came out of my throat.

"You here? " He asked surprised.

"I.. I came here to attend this munchkin's birthday party." I said smiling nervously, "His Mom, Daisy, she's my best friend."

"Okay." He said looking at Daisy and me.

"Violet, my arm's good now. I can carry my baby." Daisy said faking a smile.

"Yeah sure." I acted along but my baby had other plans he refused to let me go.

"Haha... My baby loves his Aunt Violet more than me." Daisy said smiling nervously.

"Why don't you go and enjoy the party, Evander." I said smiling.

"I was about to but I saw you and thought to ask you to accompany me for the dinner." 

"Who are you talking with, Evan? " Evander's parents asked walking towards us. Great!

"Mom and Dad, meet Violet Everly." Evander said introducing me to his parents.

"Violet? As in your Violet! " His mom asked looking me wide eyed and he nodded.

"OMG, I can't believe, finally I got a chance to meet you. You are so beautiful." His mom said pulling me into a hug.

"Sorry, my mom's a bit dramatic." Evander apologized.

"Shut up." His mom said, "My son always talks about you, he was very upset when you left him and was searching for you everywhere, finally he found you and I am happy."

"Hello, I am Braxton Arlette, Evander's father." His father said smiling warmly and I smiled back nervously.

"Violet, we are glad to meet you, I hope you both would clear your differences soon." His mom said, "I can't wait for the day to see you both have a cutie pie like him." She said smiling dreamily looking at Archie.

Evander winked at me.

I stood there not knowing what to do, with Archie in my arms playing with my hair unaware of all the tension.

"Violet, It's time to cut the cake." Gabriel said coming to my rescue.

"Yes, we should go and cut the cake." Daisy said hurrying up. "Come on, Archie, come to Momma."

But my baby was not in a mood to leave me, he hugged me tight hiding his face in my crook surprising the Arlette's.

"Seems like, he likes you." Evander's father said smiling.

"Violet, let's go." Daisy said and we turned around to leave.

"Hello, kids. " A familiar loud voice came from behind shocking us.

"Mom." Gabriel and Daisy shrieked in shock seeing Gabriel's mom, Mrs. Theodora Mason.

"Mom, what are you doing here? " Gabriel asked in a shocked whisper.

"What do you mean by What am I doing here? " Mrs.Mason asked, "Just like you all, I too came to attend the party, Sam invited me." She said, while Arlette's looked at us confused.

Sam... I am gonna kill you.

"This is my mother in law." Daisy introduced Mrs. Mason to Arlette's.

"When did you come to Paris from New York, Mom." Gabriel questioned in a hushed whisper.

"I took afternoon flight, Sam arranged tickets for me." Mrs. Mason said reapplying her lipstick, "Aww... He's so cute." She said looking at Archie.

"Mom, come on let's go." Gabriel tried to get his mom away.

"You don't talk to me, Gaby." Mrs.Mason said, "Look, how cute he is, I want my own set of grand children like him." She said, making Arlette's looked at us shocked.

"Mom, we will talk about this later. Come with me." Gabriel said pulling his mom with him but the damaged was already done.

"Isn't Archie your own son, Daisy? " Mrs. Arlette asked Daisy and before Daisy can come up with an answer, a sudden commutation was heard making everyone turn their heads at the entrance.

There stood my mom and Dad holding balloons and toys, my dad wearing a T-shirt that read, "My Grandson turns One." And a hat on his head which read, "Proud Grandpa."

"Surprise." My parents shouted. It's not surprise, it's called shock Mom and Dad.

"They are your parents, aren't they Violet? " Evander asked looking at me. "Why's your father wearing that Proud Grandpa cap? " He questioned making me want to dig my own grave.

That's it, I am totally gone now, totally struck.

"Evan..." I said not knowing what to say and I am too shocked to even come up with a lie.

"What's happening here, Vi? " Evander asked looking into my eyes, "Gabriel's mother says she doesn't have any grandkids, your parents are here celebrating their grandkid's birthday. What's happening? Where's Archie's Mom and Dad?" Evander questioned and I gulped holding my baby closer to me tightly.

I was looking at Evan not knowing what to say, while he was waiting for me to answer.

"Mama." My baby called keeping his little hand on my face.

Wow, great! My baby decided to hit the last nail to the coffin. I was asking him to call me mama everyday and he chose it is a right moment to call me.

"Mama... " My baby called again smiling brightly looking at me while Evander looked between Archie and Me, his brows furrowed.

"Why is he calling you Mama?" Evander asked and my hold on Archie tightened.

"If he don't call his mom as Mama then whom will he call?" My mom said coming towards us. "See, how cutely he was calling you as Mama, didn't I tell you to wait till he turns one to speak words." My mom said pinching Archie's cheek totally unaware of the tension between Evander and Me.

It didn't take much time for a genius to do the math and Evander's eyes widened as realisation dawned to him.

"He's mine, Isn't he? " Evander asked looking into my eyes. I looked down not knowing what to say.

"Answer me, Violet. " Evander demanded raising his voice.

"Yes." I whispered and Evander's parents gasped loudly.

I looked up and saw Evander, who had a expression of hurt on his face.

"Evan, please, let me explain." I said and he gave me a serious look before he walked away.

"Evander, wait." I shouted from behind and ran after him giving Archie to My mom.

This not how I wanted Evander to know about our child. Now that he know, I know I am totally gone.

"Evan,listen to me once." I said after he stopped in front of the pool in the garden area at the back side of the resort.

"I have a son and I was unaware of it!" Evander said punching the near by wall with his fist.

"Evan.... "

"Why? " He asked hurt, "why didn't you tell me earlier, why did you hide him from me? "

"Evan, I am sorry."

"Sorry! I missed one year of his life, Violet. His birth, his first step, his first word everything." He said running a hand through his hair. "Why did you do this to me?" He asked holding me by my shoulders hurting me in process. "WHY? "

"Because I was hurt and heart broken. I couldn't face you again after all what you made me go through." I shouted coming out of his grip.

"When I came out of your penthouse that day, I went straight to my parents. I was depressed and used to cry all the day. My parents were afraid that something might happen to me, so they brought me here. And then I found I am pregnant with Archie. He was the one, who made me smile again and gave me a new hope to live. I was too angry on you for your betrayal that I decided to not let you have a place in our lives. I kept him away from you because, I don't want his to go through the same pain as me when you leave us again, I don't want him to come to me asking why his papa left us."

"Believe me, I thought of telling you about Archie, once you return from Singapore, but fate has other plans." I sighed.

"I am sorry for making you go through all those things." Evander apologized.

"I feel angry on myself for making you go through all those things, But believe me Violet, I would never leave you or our son again." He said as holding my hands in his, with a look of honesty.

"Are you happy about Archie?"

"Off course, he is our son, nothing makes me happier than to know that I have a son with the girl, I love." Evan said hugging me, "Thank you for having Archie."

Our son, the word sounded so nice coming from Evander. I felt guilty for keeping Archie away from him.

"I am sorry, Violet. I was not there for you when you needed me the most just because of my stupidity. I am feeling angry on myself." Evander said with a hurt and guilt look.

It broke my heart seeing him hurt. I couldn't see him hurting himself. I wrapped my arms around him hugging him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 23.7K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
41.7K 1.4K 10
Lauren loved her high school days, she had a baby with her high school sweet heart until they stopped having feeling for each other, they went their...
294K 9.9K 18
What happens when you your life doesn't turn out how you planned? What happens when you run into the man you thought you were meant to marry? MATURE...
2.7K 124 25
Violet falls in love with Cody and all her friends are pretty sure he likes her too. She starts believing it until her best friend Ajay admits some...