Playful Love

By Devilish_angelR

What happens when the college Nerd and Playboy falls in love because of a simple dare? Evander Arlette took a... More

Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
Epilogue
New story Alert

21

61.9K 1.8K 127
By Devilish_angelR

Violet~

It's been four days since Archie called me mom and Evan cleared the misunderstandings. I didn't see Evan after that day since he went to Singapore to meet a client. Archie is with Sam in his office, who is taking good care of him, along with his temporary nanny, Aunt Liz, whom I haven't met yet.

My baby didn't speak again after that day. Sam thinks I had a hallucination about Archie calling me, Mom as I have been thinking about his first word. And he also challenged me that Archie's first word will be Sam and he would make sure of it.

It's been only four days and I am already missing Evan, I am planning to tell him about Archie, once he comes back. I don't want to do it over phone, so the only best thing to do now is to wait.

I sat on my chair thinking about the ways to explain Evander about Archie, when a knock on the door disturbed me.

"Enter." I said sitting straight in my chair.

"Hello, Ms. Everly? " A familiar chirpy voice came from the door way.

"Daisy!" I squealed and ran to hug her.

"Slow down, I don't want my bones to be broken." Daisy laughed loosening my hold on her.

"I missed you." I pouted, "how did your vacation go? Where is Gabriel?"

"Well, I missed you too, everything went well, we enjoyed a lot. Gabriel went to office, some emergency work." Daisy answered. 

Daisy Dayholt is my childhood friend, who was married to Gabriel Mason for an year and returned after celebrating her anniversary vacation in Maldives. She is my secret keeper and like a big sister. And I am glad she came back from vacation. She can help me with my feelings and fears regarding Evander. Since no one but Daisy knows about Evander being Archie's dad.

"Back to Earth, Vi." Daisy said waving her hand in front of my face.

"I am sorry, come on, let's go out and grab something to eat while we catch up on the things." I said grabbing my car keys and handbag, pulling Daisy towards the door.

"Whaat!? " Daisy shrieked, "Evander! As in Evander Arlette, who is Archie's father? " Daisy asked in surprise when I told her about all the happenings regarding Evander.

After we settled down in the red and black chairs of our favourite restaurant, after placing our orders.

"Shh... Daisy, don't shout. We don't want people to know." I said shushing her.

"OMG, Vi, so many things happened and you are telling me this now? " Daisy said throwing her hands in air. "Does he knows about Archie? "

"Daisy, I am confused about my feelings after he told me about the misunderstanding between us. I didn't tell him anything, since I don't want to be hurt again believing him so easily and I don't want Archie to get hurt in process. But now I am thinking about telling him about Archie."

"Are you planning to hide Archie's existence from him? " Daisy questioned.

"No, I will tell him but I want to tell him in person. I don't know, how he would react. What if he takes my baby away from him? The custody case and stuff." I sighed scared.

"Vi, I will support no matter what, I got your back, come what may." Daisy said sincerely keeping her hand over mine.

"Thank you Daisy, that means a lot to me." I said gratefully.

"Okay, let's leave this stuff here." Daisy said straightening her posture, flipping back her chestnut hair, "Tell me about your plans for the little Munchkin's birthday this weekend."

"I still can't believe my baby is going to turn One in two days. It's like yesterday that nurse handed my baby to me, he was very little and instantly held my finger looking at me with those chocolate brown eyes." I said with moist eyes as I remembered the day I gave birth to Archie.

"Yes, he was very cute." Daisy to said dreamily.

"Sam's very excited about celebrating his nephew's first birthday. He already made sure the resort is available for the whole day." I said smiling, " And I made a list of few guests and friends to invite."

"We also have to order a cake and shop for him, we only have two days to arrange everything! We have to make his birthday memorable." Daisy said enthusiastically.

"Yes, but I don't want to spoil him."

"Oho... At least let him enjoy his day. Come on let's go and shop dresses and order a cake." Daisy said getting on her feet clapping her hands.

Evander~

Even though I cleared the misunderstandings between Violet and me, yet Violet is not ready to take a step in our relationship. I have to try hard to win her trust.

It's been a week since I last saw Violet, as I left to Singapore to deal with a stubborn client and returned only this  evening, I want to go and see Violet but I don't want to spoil her weekend by showing up suddenly.

As soon as I entered the room, I found my dad giving a piggyback ride to Archie, who was laughing happily and my mom was trying to feed him his baby food. The scene is cute and Archie is cutest.

"Hey Mom and Dad." I greeted making my presence known.

"Evan." My parents said and I went to give them a hug. As soon as Archie saw me, he wiggled in my Dad's arms, holding out his hands trying to reach me.

I took him from my dad and he hugged me by neck.

"We were the ones who was playing with him the whole day and he came to you like he knows you from ages. What magic have you done on him." My dad asked surprised.

"Archie mingles with everyone. He's not a cranky kid." My mom explained.

"Hey buddy." I said rubbing his nose with mine making him giggle.

"You know what Evan, he always reminds me of your childhood self." My mom said, "Just like you he stays awake in the night and hates broccoli."

"And he is a energy pack like you always keeps us on our feet." My dad said tickling Archie.

"Mom and Dad, why don't you both go out for shopping or something, It's been a while since you both went out. I will babysit Archie till you return." I said bouncing the little man.

"That's so helpful Evan. Actually we were planning to go shopping today." My Dad said.

"Okay, we will go now and will return soon. Till then look after this cute pumpkin." My mom said grabbing her handbag and pulling Archie's cheeks, who is giggling in my arms.

"His things are in this bag. Call us if you have any doubt. Sam should be here any minute now." My dad said giving me a small baby bag and went out. "Bye."

"It's you and me now,buddy." I said sitting on the sofa with Archie.

"Let's watch TV now? " I said switching on the Television and tuning the channels.

"Archie, Come on let's watch cricket match today." I said placing him in my lap.

Archie and I watched Cricket test match, he enjoyed watching cricket and began to squeal and bounce in my lap whenever the spectators cheered for their favourite cricketers. I made him drink the milk, my mom and dad was right he's energetic like me. After playing for a few minutes, he fell asleep on top of me. I placed a kiss on top of his head and began to pat him. I love the feeling of having him so close to me. I swiped my phone and was going through the pictures of Violet and I, when the knock on the door interrupted me.

"Hey." Sam greeted.

"Hi Sam."

"Even today you managed to put him to sleep." Sam smiled. "Where's your mom and dad? " Sam asked opening his arms to grab Archie.

"They went for shopping." I said giving Archie to him.

I miss him already.

"Okay, finally they decided to have fun." Sam smiled.

"Yes, finally."

"Evander, tomorrow's Archie's birthday and I am throwing a party, you are invited for his birthday party at 7PM in the resort."

"Thank you for the invite, Sam. I will be there." I smiled.

No wonder why my mom and Dad went to shopping without fussing, I am sure they would be buying a shop for this cute guy here.

"See you tomorrow in party." Sam said moving out with Archie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

568 21 21
They have been talking throw online. But when they meet they have to keep there relationship a secret. But can they? And what will happen when peo...
8.1K 1.1K 35
***FEATURED NA ROMANCE*** What happens if your fiction comes true? Eva considers herself realistic person rather than romantic. Her best friend insi...
41.7K 1.4K 10
Lauren loved her high school days, she had a baby with her high school sweet heart until they stopped having feeling for each other, they went their...
50.7K 1.5K 36
When bad things happen there must come a silver lining because, without one, there is no moving forward, however, for Iris, it's not all so easy. On...