The Reject

By icarus_rising97

'I've been rejected by everyone ever since I joined this pack.' A wolf orphaned at the age of 11, Jessie has... More

The Reject: Why
Chapter Two: Never Too Late
Chapter Three: Runaway
Chapter Four - Breathe
Chapter Five - Blown Away
Chapter Six - Vanity
Chapter Seven - Today Is The Day
Chapter Eight - Never Too Late (FINALLY!)
Chapter Nine : Unknown
Chapter Ten - What to Do?
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve - Try
Chapter Thirteen - Red
Chapter Fourteen - Who Knows
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen - Up All Night
Chapter Seventeen - Lonely Boy
Chapter Eighteen - Skyfall
Chapter Nineteen - Somebody That I Used To Know
Chapter Twenty - Kickin' With You
Chapter Twenty One - When The Lights Go Down
Chapter Twenty-Two ~ Everything Has Changed (Yes, it has)
Chapter Twenty Three: Knock Knock
Chapter Twenty-Three - Come To Me
Chapter Twenty Six - Sort Of
Chapter Twenty Eight - Nothing's Wrong
Chapter Twenty Nine: The Longer I Run
Chapter Thirty: Mess Is Mine (Part One)
Chapter Thirty One: Have I Told You (Part One)
Chapter Thirty Two - Have I Told You (Part Two)
Chapter Thirty Three - Have I Told You (Part Three)
Chapter Thirty Four Preview
Chapter Thirty Four - Liar
Chapter Thirty Five - Borderline

Chapter Twenty Seven - Better Than Words

23.3K 723 212
By icarus_rising97

The Reject – Chapter Twenty Seven

Better than words
But more than a feeling (ow)
Crazy in love
Dancing on the ceiling
Ah, woo
I don't know how else to sum it up
'Cause words ain't good enough, ow
I can't explain your love, no

It's better than words ~
Better Than Words – One Direction

Evan was asleep by the time we both reached his room. A huge grin came to my face as I saw him sprawled messily across his bed with unpacked clothes all over his room. Mama Ebony muttered with a smile ‘Untidy as ever, my son’ making me laugh.

The next day, the first thing I did before school was give Mama Ebony’s house a secret visit. I met up with Evan. He was pretty surprised when I walked through the doors as he was reading the daily newspaper. Turned out our little prankster Mama hadn’t told him about my unfortunate (or fortunate) return to the pack yet, hoping to shock him. It worked, alright. As soon as he saw me, he tried to stand up but ended up falling from the couch instead, making us laugh. I immediately ran and threw myself at hi once he managed to fight gravity and straighten himself.

He had become bigger, more muscular. I could definitely see his arms with the tight white tee he was wearing. ‘Been working out, huh?’ I teased. ‘You’re the one to talk, eh?’ he teased back and I fought back tears. I’ve missed him. A lot. Our bear hug ended when there was a flash and we both let go of each other to look at Mama Ebony pointing a camera at us with tears in her eyes. I “aww’d” and we all had a big tight group hug. ‘Family reunion!’ Mama choked, and we all laughed.

Evan was enlightened with my epic story, filled with awesomeness, amazingness, and awesomeness over pancakes and coffee/hot chocolate, our breakfast, after which I left for school. When I returned to my pack house to get my bag, I found Grey waiting by the footsteps with it. ‘Morning, Jessie.’ He smiled and I grinned back at him, feeling happy. ‘Evan’s back!’ I told him about what had happened as he drove us to school. The others had already left, and Grey had stayed back to give me a ride. Hmm, rides wouldn’t be a problem now as Evan was back. That old grandpa Evan can drop me anywhere I want. I grinned thinking about him. Grey was less excited than I’d thought he’d be, but my excitement didn’t lower a bit. Not to mention the thought of meeting a certain silver-eyed student for the last day of prop-making made my stomach feel weird. I need water. Or maybe some lemonade.

As soon as I made my entry outside the car and into the school building, I was dragged away by someone sent by Mrs. C to escort me immediately to the drama room. From the corner of my eye, I saw Ashley pulling Jace towards the drama room as well. We made eye contact, and he smiled at me. There was that weird feeling in my stomach again. I need to tell Mrs. C I need water.

As soon as we entered the Drama Room, Mrs C ushered us towards the props for the finishing touches. We were given an entire day free of studies today for preparation for the Battle of The Plays, but it was gonna be a day full of Mrs C torture. Lucky or unlucky: a matter of great debate. Tomorrow, we would all leave in a big bus to Gateout, where the battle was being held. It was a pretty developed town. We would be staying there for 6 days, as there will be only one battle per day, meaning each school had a whole day dedicated to their play. Imagining a trip with Ashley, Noah, Jace and I gives me chills. Noah…

I stopped painting and looked around the room for Noah. I found him practicing his role with Hayden, the main girl. I sighed through my nose. I heard someone sigh from next to me. As I turned around to look at Jace, I felt something rub against my nose. Jace started snickering and my expressionless face turned to a face of complete horror as I discovered what he was laughing about: he had painted my nose red! I looked at him, trying to show him a very angry face, but a smile was fighting very hard to break through. I bet my face looked hilarious at that moment. It so did, if the way he doubled over laughing was any sign at all. ‘JAAAACE!’ I gave out a war cry before jumping on him with my huge paint brush and rubbed it all over his face. Or tried to. He was too good at dodging! In the end it became a full on war between us, as I tried to cover his face in painted and he held my wrists away from his precious show of perfection. We both were laughing, so loudly now. It was really hilarious. I bet it looked hilarious. Everyone was looking at us, including Noah and Mrs  C, and that lady actually smiled, letting a bit of nervous steam off.

In the end, I tickled him. Yep. I did it. And boy was he ticklish. He immediately let go of my wrists to protect his sides and I rubbed the paint brush all over his face. ‘VICTORY!’ I yelled as I got up with a grin and noticed the attention we had managed to grab. Something jerked my leg and I fell, right on Jace. He had pulled my leg and now we were face to face, me on top of him. I saw the silver in his eyes, right before he said one word. One hellish word that made everyone loosen up and laugh out loud. ‘Revenge, baby.’ He said, right before there was blue paint dripping from my head. Okay, those were two words, not one. Sorry, it’s a bit hard to think when your hair is blue, even though you’re not a Smurf. Wait… Smurfs don’t have blue hair. Smurfs don’t have hair! Except Smurfette… and the beard.

‘Alright, that’s enough now. Go and get yourselves cleaned up you two. Principal will think we were playing Paintball in here.’ That comment from Mrs C earned a few more laughs and Jace stood up, pulling me up. We both were grinning as we walked out.

We both managed to clean up, but my hair line still was tinted blue, not to mention my nose was redder. Jace, on the other hand, had managed to clear out the paint from his face pretty well, but his jacket was having none of it as it had a big wet spot which was also green. Bright green, to my ultimate glee.

We both somehow got out of the washrooms at the same time, and laughed. Who would believe that we even high-fived? The rest of the day went fine. I felt kinda down when school got over and we had to go back to the pack with strict orders of resting for tomorrow’s trip.

But I had other plans, entirely. As soon as we reached the packhouse, I went off to Mama Ebony’s house for a day out with Evan. As I hadn’t properly roamed the town yet, Evan was supposed to take me around and show me the cool spots. ‘Not that there are many –or any- cool spots in this place.’ He grinned as he led me to his car. ‘Now take care of each other, you two!’ Mama Ebony called out as Evan started to drive off and I waved.

****************************************

It was the best day ever.

I loved it! Evan took me all over this tiny town, to places I’ve never been to when I used to live here, and to places I’ve longed to go when I saw kids returning home at night with their parents, with their faces painted on or with new toys. How I missed my own parents at those moments. I never told Mama Ebony to take me to these places. I don’t know why. But I’m glad I didn’t, or today wouldn’t have been so special with my brother.

We bought ice-creams, and cotton candy! Even a diary for me, as his homecoming present –though I doubt I’d actually write in it. He even took me shopping! Haha, we took A LOT of selfies, even with the Mikky D’s clown Ronald. We also went to a haunted house that happened to be open for the season. We even had our faces painted! At the end of the day, before we got back into his car, I hugged him tight and whispered out loud with a happy smile ‘Best big brother, ever.’ He laughed and whispered back in a dramatic fashion ‘Best little sister, ever!’ and we got into his car, laughing.

Little had I known what tomorrow would bring.

*********************************************

After one of the best days of my life, came one of the worst days in school.

Rumour had spread, did you hear, Allyn is dating a former teacher of this school!

‘What? No way!’

‘It’s true! I saw them hugging yesterday!’

‘Oh my gosh! What’s gonna happen now?’

I could only watch as lies were cooked up right before my eyes. They were quite when I walked by, but I could hear them whispering. Gossiping like the trash they were. Lies, and they didn’t even know. Disgusting.

The entire day, I passed by, pretending not to hear what they talked about me. I almost passed without any fights when:

‘He probably doesn’t know what she’s gonna do to him if this continues. Poor guy.’

‘But what if he wanted to do it? Because he likes younger game?’

‘Paedophile, maybe?’

That was the last straw. I threw my bag down, ready to grab that girl’s throat when a voice stopped me in my tracks.

‘Listen here well. Allyn is not dating that ex-teacher. There’s no way she’s dating that man.’

‘What makes you so sure?’

‘She can’t be  dating him… because she’s dating me.’

Two minutes later, I had dragged Grey to a lonely corner of the corridor. ‘What was that?’ I stopped myself from snapping.

‘A lie. To make them stop talking bad about you going on with an older man. Which is also not true.’

‘Yeah, I got that. But why? I was gonna solve this!’

He raised an eyebrow ‘By breaking her arm?’

I loosened my grip of his hand and stared. ‘But now they will talk about… about “us”’ I motioned between him and myself. ‘And it’s not true either.’

He remained silent for a minute, and then sighed through his nose.

‘Then let’s make it.’

‘What?’

‘Let’s… let’s make it the truth.’

I blinked, not understanding.

He sighed again ‘I want to make it true, Jessie.  So… will you go out with me?’

***********************************************

Will you go out with me?

Grey…

I never thought those words would come from his mouth.

I remembered all the times he took care of me. The hugs and kisses. Did he ever take them in… that way?

‘Jessie?’

I snapped back to reality.

‘Huh… I- I…’

Grey looked into my eyes, his blue eyes knowing me well. ‘Take your time.’ And he walked away.

Should I cry…? I want to cry…

Determined not to cry, I decided to find some source of entertainment.

Forlorn, I walked to the drama room hoping to see… well? See what?
Or rather, see who?

Jace wasn’t in the Drama Room. I realized before I even entered. His scent wasn’t there.

I knew where he would be.

I walked into the library, and moved closer to his scent. I found him reading an old looking book.
‘Hello, Miss Moon.’ He said, not looking up. His messy, wavy hair gave him the hottest Roman God look with the golden sunlight falling on him. ‘Miss Moon?’ I asked, moving nearer. He showed me the page from where he was sitting. To see better, I sat down next to him. Just for the sake of seeing better. He was reading what appeared to be an old poem. ‘Read it out to me.’ I asked. I don’t know why I seemed so comfortable, but Jace’s presence seemed to have a calming effect on me. Not that I’d tell anyone. Ever. ‘You want me to read it to you?’ He looked into my eyes-I really could use a glass for water for my chest-, trying to figure out what I was playing at. Nothing. I truly wanted to hear his voice, for reasons unknown. Maybe I was abducted while I was asleep and the aliens are experimenting on human behaviour. That could be one reason for my sudden comfortable behaviour with someone I fight so much with.

He shrugged, and began, his voice one of the best lullabies I could ever listen to –man, I must be really dehydrated if I’m being cheesy like this- in a lifetime.

“Lady Moon, Lady Moon,

Where are you roving?

Over the sea.

Lady Moon, Lady Moon,

Whom are you loving?” My heart skipped a beat.

“All that love me.

Are you not tired with

Rolling, and never

Resting to sleep?

Why look so pale,

And so sad, as for ever

Wishing to weep?”

A moment of silence later, ‘Wow…’ I said quietly. He hummed, looking straight ahead, as we leaned against the shelves. ‘You like sad poems, huh?’
‘A few.’
‘Do you write, then?’
‘Sometimes.’
‘Will you ever read them to me?’
He looked at me, with what appeared to be a sad smile.
‘Well?’ I prompted. I wanted to hear him again.
‘Who knows, Jessie. I might.’ The atmosphere somehow seemed to have gotten… sad.
‘A longer one next time.’ I joked, not too jokingly.

The bell rang and it was time to go to Gateout.

***********************************************************

YO PEOPLE!!!! YESSHHH I AM BACK BABY!!

I REALLY hope you all enjoyed this chapter, and it's kinda long and not edited AT ALL so sorry for that AND the LOOONG wait so sorry!

I just got my lap top back as I came back home from holidays from my boarding school which has a prohibition of fun so sorry about that. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!

Really, thanks so much. I had tears while reading the comments and I thought "That's it. There should be a new chapter.' And I've been writing this for the past one or two hours I honestly don't remember not to mention I haven't slep the whole night, not one bit and now I have back pain ugh but this support fromyou people, it's really touching and this is more than my parents or family have supported me so REALLY, thanks a lot :)

Also, GIVE ME SOME COUPLE NAMES PEEPS!! Haha I'll be waiting. Good night (or morning) to me, then. SEE YOU NEXT UPDATE!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 5.2K 26
CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT 18+ Recommended Prequel to All But Rejected Mate. This story is the sad beginning behind the Fury family. It takes three gene...
246K 5.9K 26
Last published: April 6 Finished Jessie was rejected by her family, and held in captivity for 12 years. Then she is rescued by her mate, Malaki. But...
265K 2.9K 60
Lied to, back stabbed, toyed with, beaten, abused, cheated, unloved, betrayed, lost, hurt. This is how Rose feels every day. She turns sixteen in a f...
167K 4.4K 26
A girl named Emma has gone through a lot of problems. One day she is given a chance, to start a new and fresh life with her father. Emma won't pull a...