fun in space | rick sanchez

By tiredofmidnightblues

*✧・゚: *✧・゚: fun in space ══ "boy, when we get there, we'll have fun in space" in which cassiopeia pines trave... More

00. epigraph + mixtape
00. prologue
01. anatomy park
01. anatomy part, pt 2
02. m. night shaym-aliens!
03. meeseeks and destroy
04. rick potion #9
05. raising gazorpazorp
05. raising gazorpazorp, pt.2
06. rixty minutes
07. something ricked this way comes
08. close rick-counters of the rick kind
08. close rick-counters of the rick kind, pt.2
09. ricksy business
10. a rickle in time
11. auto erotic assimilation
12. get schwifty
13. the ricks must be crazy
14. big trouble in little sanchez
15. the little shop of cas and rick
16. look who's purging now
17. the wedding squanchers
18. the rickshank rickdemption
20. pickle rick
21. vindicators 3: the return of world ender
22. the whirly dirly conspiracy
23. rest and ricklaxation
24. the ricklantis mixup
25. morty and cas' mindblowers
26. the ABC's of beth
27. the rickchurian mortydate
28. edge of tomorty: rick die rickpeat
29. the old man and the seat
30. one crew over the crewcoo's morty
31. rattlestar ricklactica
32. the vat of acid chapter
33. the childrick of mort
34. star mort: rickturn of the jerri
- note from the author
- unanswered questions

19. rickmancing the stone

4.8K 115 20
By tiredofmidnightblues

*sort of a filler chapter here, i guess. it's not one of my favorite chapters so far but i ran through it a few times and tried to at least make it enjoyable and funny. the episode kind of focuses a bit more on summer and morty so i did what i could with cas and rick. also some character development is hopefully incoming for cas so be excited cause i am! anyways, enjoy. partially but not fully edited*

"Oof!" Cas groaned as she quite literally rolled through the portal. She rubbed her shoulder before pushing herself up.

"Summer, next time we're hiding in a Colorkian echo nest, can you do me a favor and turn your ringer off?" Morty snapped at his sister as Cas hopped up to sit on Rick's work bench, sighing quietly. It was no secret that the divorce between Beth and Jerry had been effecting both kids in different ways. Summer kept avoiding the issue as often as possible while Morty lashed out at the smallest of things while also ignoring his repressed anger about it. Granted, Summer blowing the mission wasn't a small thing but Cas could still see he was projecting.

"It's called 'carpe diem,' Morty." Summer replied nonchalantly while not tearing her eyes from her phone. "Look it up."

"You look it up!" Morty said angrily, "Y-y-you don't even - you don't even know what it means!"

"That's because losers look stuff up while the rest of us are carpin' all them diems." Summer grinned, high fiving Rick as he put his hand behind him. Cas pointed at Summer in agreement and Morty let out a frustrated noise at that. He noticed that ever since Rick returned and they had been going on more and more adventures, that Cas became so much more laid back and confident, adopting some of Rick's carefree traits. He was happy for her because she seemed happy but he knew it would come back to bite her. Things like that always did when it came to Rick.

"Listen to your sister, Morty. To live is to risk it all," Rick said and put the weapon he was tinkering with down. "Otherwise you're just an inert chuck of randomly assembled molecules drifting wherever the universe blows you." Cas snorted loudly at as she noticed Rick's gaze turn to Jerry who walked up the driveway in the middle of the conversation. "Oh, I'm sorry. Jerry, I didn't see you there. H-how much of that did you hear?" Rick lied.

"All of it. You were looking right at me," Jerry responded with a sigh. "I just wanted to say goodbye to the kids."

"Cool, just stay in the driveway. The killbots are live and I took you off the white list," Rick warned and picked the weapon up again to work on it. Jerry stepped back quickly at that.

"We'll see you every other weekend, though, right?" Morty asked his father as Summer moved to watch Rick's work over his shoulder. Cas heard Jerry mention something about suing for custody and settlement money but she didn't care. Instead, she focused on what Rick was doing, handing him the appropriate tools before he even needed to ask for them. "Uh, Summer, dad's leaving," Morty pointed out.

"Bye, dad," She said and waved, not even looking towards Jerry. "Rick, didn't you say you needed my help on an adventure immediately somewhere else - I don't care - even if it might kill us?"

"I did not, but if you're really that alienated, I'm as willing to exploit it as the next guy, church, army or Olympic Gymnastics trainer." Rick said and pulled out his portal gun and shot the portal in the middle of the garage.

"I'm ready when you are," Summer said and jumped right into the portal.

"Bitch, I was ready yest-" Rick began but his voice cut off at he jumped through the portal.

"Bye, Jerry! Have fun being an inert chuck of randomly assembled molecules drifting wherever the universe blows you with no real purpose anymore!" Cas teased with a laugh before jumping off Rick's workbench and straight into the portal.

"Morty, shoot the Mohawk guy!" Rick ordered as he drove the vehicle. Morty stood on the back of it while Summer and Cas sat in the front. Cas tried to get Rick to let her be the one covering them but Rick claimed he needed her up front. In reality, Rick just felt it would be the best position for Morty to get whatever pent up frustration from his parents divorce he had inside him out. They had been here for a few hours, looking for something Rick claimed was insanely important, and already had caught the unwanted attention of a group of men attempting to kill them.

"They all have mohawks!" Morty exclaimed.

"High fade, chartreuse with cyan highlights, layered on top," Rick clarified as Morty reloaded. "Shoot him!" Morty aimed but fell short and the man with the mohawk jumped on the car. Morty yelped and stepped back to avoid the man and Cas quickly turned, sending a blast of green energy towards the man. He was pushed off the car Cas flicked her wrist, causing one of his own people's car to run him over. Summer peaked behind as well to see the rest of the cars behind them only getting closers. "Good job, Cassie! Get in the game, Morty!" Rick shouted.

"Give me your flask!" Summer asked loudly and Rick didn't hesitate to hand it to her. Cas watched as Summer took a sip from it and spit it into the pipes on top of the car, causing it to go fast and Cas cheered loudly. "Way to go, Summer!"

"Holy shit, Summer for the win!" Rick called out.

"I fucking love post-apocalyptic versions of Earth!" Summer shouted as she stood up in the front seat. "Hell yeah!" Cas shouted loudly and thrust her fist into the air.

"Here we go," Rick grinned as his device began to beep rapidly. He stopped quickly at a crater and stepped out of the car, Cas climbing over and jumping off the hood of it. "Isotope 322. This stuffs so powerful, Morty, it makes Isotope 465 look like Isotope 317." Rick explained as he pulled a small glowing green rock from the ground with a pair of tweezers before placing it in the jar he brought.

"Uh, huh, yeah. Is it powerful enough to keep those guys from murdering us?" Morty asked and pointed to the band of cars still come towards them. "Summer!" He exclaimed as he saw Summer pick up the sawed off shotgun Morty left in the car.

"Hold on. I want to try something," She said and walked towards the cars.

Rick, however, pulled his portal gun out and shot a portal at the ground. "Rick, can we not leave without my sister?" Morty asked.

"Ugh, you have infinite sisters, Morty. I mean, n-not that I want to spend the rest of my day looking for another one," Rick commented and put his portal gun back into his coat. "Sum Sum, lets go! Grandpa's concern for your safety is fleeting!" Cas' eyes widened in impressment as Summer shot the gun at the car, causing it to lean forward and be flung into the air before crashing. Summer ducked out of the way just in time and Cas whistled out in impressment.

"Whoa, that was cool," Rick commented.

Summer made her way over the man from the car, who was dragging himself across the sand, majorly injured. Cas didn't hear what him or Summer said but she did hear the gunshot from Summer. "Summer!" Morty exclaimed.

"Okay, getting darker..." Rick trailed off.

"Jesus christ, Summer!" Morty said as Summer shrugged her shoulders at the approaching men. "Aw, come on," Rick grumbled as him and Cas followed after Morty. The men all dismounted from their vehicles and stood in front of them, the one in front wearing nothing but a bucket on his head and something to cover his crotch.

"Hands and little shoulder-mounted dudes where I can see them," Rick said and pulled his blaster out. Cas lifted her hands up, not letting the wisps reach her hands just yet but ready if needed.

"I am Hemorrhage. You have removed weak blood from us and made us stronger." The man with the bucket on his head said and motioned to the guy Summer had shot. "We can combine our strength and feast on the weak together." Hemorrhage propositioned and Cas rose one eyebrow at that, lowering her hands slightly.

"Wh-wh-what in the hell are you saying?"

"They don't have to keep trying to kill us if we join them. They're basically pussies," Summer replied and Cas shrugged in agreement at the last part. "What is your deal lately?" Morty asked but got no response.

"Alright, lets get sloppy," Rick said and held his weapon up. Cas, however, noticed a much larger rock than the one Rick picked up and elbowed his side slightly, nodding towards it. "Oh, uh, uh, what's that little bobble you got there? Th-th-that's interesting." Rick pointed up to it.

"That is our glowing rock. We carry it with us for desecration, to remind us there are no gods," Hemorrhage replied.

Rick pulled out his device from earlier, noting the rapid beeping and dial moving to far side quickly. "Kids, and Cas, weird pitch - let's have this be our new life. Let's be post-apocalyptic scavengers!" Rick simultaneously cheered and burped out.

"Hell yeah!" Cas grinned widely up at him.

Back at the scavengers camp, Cas stayed close to Rick as they waited in line for food. Cas didn't intend to eat much anyways, noticing nothing here fit her choice of diet anyways. "Wanna bet five bucks that I can get them worshipping me like they do that rock?" Cas whispered, holding her glowing green hand up. Rick chuckled at that but didn't give her a response to her rhetorical bet.

"Grandpa, some of the Death Stalkers are going to what used to be Seattle to hunt what used to be people. I'm going," Summer told them.

"Sounds good," Rick shrugged. "Stay hydrated!" Cas called after her as Summer walked away.

"Listen, Summer's been acting pretty crazy lately. You know, I mean, I think the divorce is affecting her," Morty pointed out. "And you know, I don't think this is a great place for her to be right now."

"Maybe it'll help her get some anger out, though," Cas shrugged.

"Yeah, get off your high horse, Professor Ski Lodge," Rick added. "This world may be rough around the edges, but it's got its charms." Cas watched as the cook placed what used to be a bicep on Rick's plate and her face scrunched up in disgust. Rick pulled a piece off and before he could toss it into his mouth, Cas lowered his hand.

"I will leave you if you put that in your mouth," Cas said bluntly and Rick lowered his plate.

"Seriously, Rick? Is it really easier to almost eat human flesh than to just tell me why we're still here?" Morty asked.

"No. Okay, I'll level with you," Rick dropped his plate and dragged Morty and Cas over time where the green rock was. "You see that green rock, Morty? It's about 20 pounds of the stuff I was getting all hard for a flake of. Well, having a 20 pound boulder is better than having a flake. I can explain the math to you later but-" Rick started but was interrupted by Morty.

"Summer just ran off with strangers that have 'Death' in their name and the rest of their name was 'Stalkers.'" Morty blurted out.

"As Cas said, could be therapeutic for her. She had been acting pretty crazy lately, Morty." Rick pointed out, "I mean, her parents are going through a divorce-"

"God damnit, Rick, that's what I-" Morty started but cut himself off with a sigh. "Just grab the stupid thing while I grab her and let's get the f out of h."

"No, no, no, Morty. There's too much heat on the bogey," Rick said and crouched down to Morty's height. "I need you to create a distract while Cas keeps look out."

"Distract? They eat each other! What - what do you want me to do to get their attention, put on a puppet show?" Morty snapped sarcastically and Cas gave a quick joking nod of agreement at that. It only earned her a quick glare from Morty as Rick stood up.

"Right idea, wrong genre, Morty. The equivalent here would be," Rick trailed off as he looked around before spotting it. A large dome. "Hey, you guys ever use that Thunderdome or do you just put it up for decoration?" Rick called out to the group that was crowded around the green rock. They all turned to look at him, a few glaring his way before one spoke up.

"Uh, you mean the Blood Dome?"

"Save it for the Semantics Dome, E.B. White," Rick said which caused Cas to call out 'Ooh, burn.' He winked at her snapped his fingers into a finger gun in response before turning back to the group. "The important question is, who wants to take a poke at my man Spine Eater here?" Rick grinned and lifted Morty's arm up, pointing at him. "I guess I'll see your asses in that dome!" Rick yelled out as the group cheered wildly.

"Rick, what the hell, man? Wh-what are you out of your mind?" Morty exclaimed loudly.

"Morty, relax. You're gonna be a ringer, come here," Rick dragged Morty behind the van they stood next too. Cas followed and leaned against it, plugging her nose at the smell of the cut of limbs hanging in the back of it. "This device extracts and redistributes muscle memory. I'm giving your body a 10 year course in wasteland combat one limb at a time," Rick said and poked the needle into the large and muscular arm that was hanging. He pulled the stopper back until the arm was shriveled up and Cas scrunched her nose at that.

"Ow!" Morty whined as Rick put the needle into his arm.

"I'm working with a mixed bag here so you may not have perfect coordination, Morty." Rick turned around, only to be slapped by the large arm that Morty grew. "Hey!" Rick yelped and Cas snorted at that.

"I-I didn't do that," Morty said before the arm punched Rick so hard he flew back.

"I'm a good person, I swear!" Cas put her hands up in defense and stepped back a few steps.

"Okay, this is exciting. We're making some discoveries about muscle memory," Rick commented and wiped the blood from under his nose. Cas stepped towards him a bit more, helping him up as Morty ran towards the dome, not by his own control. Rick turned on his heels and clapped slightly as he walked towards the rock, "Alright, Cassie."

"You don't, you don't need a rock to power your shit when you have a girlfriend who can literally power an entire town," Cas commented as he climbed up and slid the rock into his bag.

"Yeah, unless you want to stand and power my shit 24/7, then I do want the rock," Rick replied. "Now, lets get back to Morty quickly."

Cas and Rick stepped into the dome and Cas almost cringed at the sight of multiple dead bodies and the hand given to Morty covered in blood. "Damn," she whispered as she approached Morty, Summer and Hemorrhage. "I knew he had some repressed feelings too but not this much."

"Alright, good job, champ," Rick said. "Um, can Cas and I talk to you kids for a second over yonder?"

"Rick, I-I-I think I'm breaking through to something here. C-Can we not leave just yet?" Morty asked and Cas rose a brow. Just moments ago, he was begging to leave and now suddenly he wanted to stay.

"Leave?" Hemorrhage asked. "I'm not leaving," Summer said and moved to stand next to him.

"There is no 'leave'. We are united or we are enemies," Hemorrhage added.

"Oh, big guy, no. Nobody's leaving. Don't be stupid," Rick said with a chastising tone to his grandkids. "We love being united. We love the radiation, the trichinosis. We're in it for life, which I assume is around 20 years average. I just need a quick aside with my grandkids and my girlfriend about 40 yards from anyone else." Rick tried to convince before a man jumped into the dome announcing the green rock Rick had just stolen was now gone.

"Oh shit," Cas whispered with a fake laugh.

"Uh, I know! What don't we all spilt up and look for it in groups of four?" Rick falsely grinned before the arm attached to Morty reached Rick's bag and grabbed the rock. "Ooh, found it," Cas announced and picked it up with her bare hands.

Rick quickly gripped her arm and pulled her towards the car they drove earlier. "Don't let them get too close, Cassie!" Rick said as he jumped into the driver's seat, Cas in the passenger as usual. Rick saw the excited look on her face as she sat down in the passenger seat before he sped off into the desert. Cas kept sending small force field like blasts towards the vehicles behind them, pushing them back enough to give Rick enough space and holding the green rock in her free hand.

"Grandpa, you're being stupid! Just surrender and our friend will give you mercy!" Summer called out, coming up to the side of the car while Cas was distracted.

"Kiss my ass, Summer! Your friends have no mercy! They're lame!" Rick shouted, shooting his blaster a few times, killing two of them. "I mean, they're objectively cool but like they're trying to kill us so not exactly fun to be around right now!" Cas added, pushing the car back behind them.

"Death Stalkers, bring me their flesh leather!" Hemorrhage yelled out.

"Flesh leather?" Cas exclaimed, confused by the odd phrasing. That momentary distraction allowed a man to jump on the car and before Cas could focus and blast him away, Morty drove up next to them, shooting him. "Sorry? but can we not kill them? C-can we just take them prisoner?" Morty asked through the walkie talkie system they had. 

"When did I loose control here?" Hemorrhage asked.

"Listen to me, both of you kids need to get out this environment so we can properly deal with your parents' divorce!" Rick called out over the walkie talkie. "Alternatively, I have a freaking portal gun and Cas and I have no problem leaving the two of you here forever!"

"Maybe not forever but definitely a while!" Cas corrected.

"Why does it have to be such a dramatic choice? Can't we arrange a thing where we spend weekends here or - or visit home to do laundry?" Morty asked. The car behind them began to shoot at them and Cas quickly raised her hand, a small force field of electromagnetic energy covering the car.

"Alright, you know what? Fuck it!" Rick snapped and shot the portal, half of the car going through.

"Shit!" Cas yelped as she tumbled out of the car and into the garage. "You think I'd learn to wear a seat belt with you driving," She mumbled and stood up.

Rick opened his door, falling out of the car as well, one of the Death Stalkers coming through the portal as well. The man gripped on to Rick, attempting to choke him before Rick kicked him off and Cas pulled the half of the car down onto the man as the portal closed. "Nope, regular blood," Rick commented, looking at the blood stain on the garage floor.

"Dad?" Beth asked as she came through the door to the garage.

"Hi, sweetie," Rick replied and Cas waved towards Beth awkwardly.

"Where are the kids?" Beth asked.

"Oh, th-they aren't with you?" Rick lied and Cas held back the snort at his poor attempt.

"I thought they were with you," Beth responded with a slight glare coming to her face.

"Oh! Darlin', didn't I tell you? They're out doing something... I don't know what they're doing. I don't really know what kids do anymore. This is why I don't have any and don't want any," Cas jumped into the conversation, hoping her lying skills, which consisted solely of rambling, were better than Rick's and her slight change of subject would convince Beth. "Anyways, they're out," Cas finished with a smile.

"Don't panic," Rick added quickly and pulled his flask out.

"Not panicked at all. Just-" Beth began before her demeanor changed. Cas' eyes widened at that and she began to step back. "Oh, god, what's the divorce doing to the kids? What's it doing to me? Did I make a mistake?" Beth began to ramble slightly.

"Right, uh, this is a father daughter thing so..." Cas stepped back a few more times with an awkward smile.

"Not a mistake, no!" Rick said quickly, glaring at Cas slightly for ditching the conversation.

"You're doing great, Wonder Dad," Cas said and gave him a thumbs up with another smile.

"I mean, not that I have a horse in this race, but this divorce decision - listen - mwah!" Rick said and put a hand on her shoulder. "Good for you, good for the kids. I mean, honestly, I think that they're flourishing. I mean, you'll see - when, when you see them, that they're totally flourishing." He rambled and Beth smiled before thanking him and leaving the garage. "Wonder Dad?" Rick turned and questioned Cas about the name.

"What? I think that's a complement!" Cas defended. "I basically just called you a superhero."

Cas looked down at her plate of spaghetti and meatballs as Rick picked the meatballs of her plate and placed them on to his. It was something they did often at dinners or at restaurants. Cas would get things like this that had a bit of meat and let Rick steal it while she ate the rest. The Summer and Morty robots sat in front of her and she downed a sip of the soda she had awkwardly. "Thanks everybody for sitting down for a real dinner," Beth smiled, taking a sip of her wine.

"No problem," Rick said with the robot Summer and Morty echoing him.

"It's benefits are totally, like, less about the food than the emotional nourishment," the robot Summer commented and Cas rose a brow at that. "Uh, okay, weirdo," Beth laughed with Rick and Cas awkwardly laughing along.

"Yeah, dial it back, Summer... by 15% and increase dynamic movement by 3%," Rick said, "Am I right?"

"How's school, Morty?" Beth asked, changing the subject.

"I like school and stuff, kind of. And I'm getting better grades than when you and dad were quote mode - 'staying together for the kids' end quote mode," The robot Morty responded.

"Quote mode. I like that. You millennials," Beth smiled. "Are you guys millennials or are they like 40 now?" Beth asked.

"All I know it, totally, you look great," Robot Summer smiled.

"Aw, geez, Mom, you look all kinds of great and stuff. It's crazy," Robot Morty added.

"So happy," Robot Summer added.

"So happy. Happy family, man. We got this family in the bag." Robot Morty finished and Cas took another awkward sip of her soda as Beth began to cry again. "That's all you, Wonder Dad," Cas whispered teasingly to Rick.

"Oh, sweetie, d-dont. Listen. Don't-" Rick started and ignored Cas' comment and use of the nickname again.

"I don't know why I'm crying. It's not..." Beth trailed off and Rick looked utterly lost on what to do about his crying daughter.

"Well, try... crying 15% less?" Rick tried awkwardly.

"Mom, emotions are human. You're not like a computer inside a mechanical doll," Robot Summer spoke up. "Yeah. Geez, mom. You're feelings are not only forgivable, they are the very meaning of life that only pre-silicon, carbon based entities can ever grasp." Robot Morty added and Beth stood abruptly.

"I have to call Jerry," Beth announces and Rick's eyes widened.

"You do?!" He asked before Beth left the room. "What the fuck is wrong with you two? The point of automation is to reduce cost and labor." Rick snapped and the Robot Summer attempted to bring up Rick's feelings but he quickly, and literally, shut her down. "Tell it to my bread in the morning. You just became my back up toaster," Rick commented before walking behind the Robot Morty.

"Haha. Aw, geez, my sister died in the spaghetti," Robot Morty's voice faded out as his face fell into the spaghetti as well.

"Well that went roughly as I expected," Cas commented with a smirk towards Rick.

Cas and Rick stepped through the portal, walking around the dimly lit castle in the post-apocalyptic world. As they approached the room Rick was looking for, they could hear Morty's voice. Cas slowly opened the door, just in time to see the large arm Morty had choking a man in his bathtub. "Rick? Cas?" Morty asked as Rick moved over, look through the bottles on the shelf. Cas waved at Morty with a happy smile at that while Rick spoke up, "Sorry, sorry. W-w-we can wait for this to wrap up. Don't let us distract you."

"Yeah, well, too late. Just tell me what you want," Morty said as the arm began to drown the man as well.

"I want you and your sister to come home," Rick admitted.

"Oh, but - don't - don't you have infinite versions of me and my sister?" Morty mocked and Cas would have high-fived him for that had he not been mid way through committing murder.

"You don't have to kick me while I'm down, Morty." Rick glared, "Look, there's no replacing either of you without an amount of work that would ultimately defeat the purpose." Rick explained and Cas watched as the body in the tub went limp and Morty's arm returned to its normal size. His face fell slightly as if mourning the loss of the arm while deep in thought.

"Maybe the lesson we've learned is that, whether it's our parents marriage, a glowing green rock, or an awesome, giant arm, sooner or later we got to let it go," Morty said.

"I don't know if that applies to throats of murder victims, Morty," Rick commented as the man in the tub began to jerk a bit and gag.

"Shit! Wh-wh-what do I-" Morty exclaimed and trailed off in shock.

"Well, the longer you wait, Morty, the more it's gonna feel like committing a whole murder. I think your arm just called it too early because it wasn't the arm of a paramedic." Rick said before grabbing Morty's arm and helping him finish choking the man. "It's the least I can do. I-I-I-I owe you this much. See, Morty? Now we're both accountable and Cas is an accessory."

"If it's any help, had you done nothing, he would have probably died anyways in a lot more pain," Cas shrugged.

Cas' hair blew back in the wind as her, Rick and Morty drive through the desert. A cloud of dust was coming into view not too far ahead of them, surely The Death Stalkers and Summer attempting to locate the three of them. "Are you sure you don't want me to try and convince them I'm a god? It wouldn't be that hard. I mean, they worship a glowing green rock and I'm a glowing green woman," Cas pointed out and Rick huffed, situating in his seat. "Oh my god!" Cas smirked widely and looked at Rick as he drove.

"Wh-What?" Rick asked, focusing on driving.

"You don't want me to cause you're scared you'll get jealous!" Cas pointed out and Rick huffed again. "You have a very obvious tell, darlin', don't even try to lie. I think it's sweet the only one that can worship me like the goddess I am is you," She teased.

"Damn straight," Rick mumbled before stopping the car abruptly. Cas smirked before leaping out of the car, jumping off the hood like she did earlier. "The reason I wanted this it's because it can do this. This is a really special thing. I mean, you could use it to power all your vehicles. You wouldn't be reliant on gasoline. You'll be the most advanced tribe of radioactive cannibals in the whole... this version of the world." Rick explained, placing a lightbulb on the rock, causing it to produce light. He pulled his portal gun out and went to shoot a portal before he was stopped.

"Wait. Can you stay to show us more?" Hemorrhage asked.

"You don't have to ask me twice. Home is nuts right now. My daughters going through a divorce right now and I am not dealing with it in a healthy way at all," Rick replied.

Three weeks passed and currently Cas sat sideways on Rick's lap with one hand running through his hair and taking a sip from his flask before handing it back. Morty and Hemorrhage sat next to them, all four of them focused on the tv. Summer had left not long ago and Cas didn't think of of them but her had moved since, even then she just moved from being partially on Rick's lap to now being fully on his lap. Cas did look up when Summer came in though, flashing a quick smile before turning back to the tv.

"I'm home," Summer called out with a rather unenthusiastic tone. Each of them gave an equally unenthusiastic response back. "You haven't moved since I left to scavenge this morning," Summer pointed out.

"Blood Dome playoffs," Hemorrhage responded.

"So, I can assumed you haven't murdered a single person today," Summer snapped.

"Oh, I don't know. I-I didn't mark my murders in my murder log. I didn't know that's how we measured success," Hemorrhage said sarcastically and Cas cringed. "Yikes," She whispered quietly, sharing an awkward glance with Rick.

"Oh, there he is! There's the nihilistic brute I married, except now life only means nothing when I'm talking to him and everything means everything when it's on fucking TV!" Summer snapped and turned the tv off, tossing the remote away.

"Jesus Christ, when did you become a monster?"

"I was a monster when you met me!" Summer shouted back. "We were monsters! We didn't care about anything!"

Cas tuned the rest out, leaning her head back against the couch. Rick seemed equally uninterested in the argument between Summer and Hemorrhage, wishing he could focus back on the tv and Cas' fingers running through his hair. "Ugh, we should go to the garage," Rick replied and Cas quickly stood up with Morty not far behind her and Rick.

"I gotta admit, Rick, when you popped this scheme, I-I-I didn't - I wasn't sure it was gonna work." Morty commented as Rick pulled the briefcase that held the larger glowing green rock. A much smaller one sat in tube that was powering the house and most of the small area the Death Stalkers had inhabited.

"Come on, Morty. No union built on running from your problems lasts more than five years, seven tops," Rick said. "Grandpa just sped things up with a few creature comforts of modern society."

"Hemorrhage and I are taking some time apart," Summer announced as she came in the garage.

"Oh, no. Sum Sum, no. But you two were perfect for each other," Rick said with a fake tone of concern. "I think this just proves Rick and I are the best couple in this family," Cas didn't even look towards Rick as she held out one hand for him to high-five. Rick was quick to high-five her, not even looking towards her as he did so.

"Cut the crap, you two, okay? You proved your point." Summer snapped, "I get it. Let's just go home." Rick didn't even hesitate to shut the briefcase with the rock in it and grab his portal gun.

"Coolsies," Rick said as he shot the portal and the kids jumped through. Rick went to follow but Cas grabbed his wrist, nodding towards the smaller one that powered the neighborhood. "Wanna take it?" She grinned and Rick quickly nodded with a much similar grin. Cas swiped it out of the tube before hopping through the portal next to Rick.

"God, we really are the best couple in this family," Cas smiled towards Rick as they landed in the garage.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

613 34 6
I DO NOT FEAR THE DEVIL, HE FEARS ME. ( rick grimes x fem!oc. )
93.4K 2.7K 36
COMPLETED RICK GRIMES STORY EXTENDED SUMMARY INSIDE the walking dead rick grimes x fem!oc season 1 - season 3 part i. - when the dead come knocking p...
719K 17.6K 72
-.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。. 𝐓𝐖𝐃 | 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦; 𝘪...
6.9K 251 9
I got knocked out and woke up in the garage with the wrong Rick and Morty. Where the hell are mine? This new Rick is acting weird around me and the M...