Burning Hearts (Esmeralda x f...

By Fandomnerd22

Y/N Frollo, apple of her father's eye. He raised her to be just like him. Gypsies are evil, sinful, and unhol... More

Chapter 1: Topsy Turvy Day
Chapter 2: The Way She Moves
Chapter 3: Got a Secret
Chapter 4: Don't Be Suspicious
Chapter 5: Moments of Anger
Chapter 6: Follow Me, Into the Shadows
Chapter 7: The Love they Lost
Chapter 8: Good Girl Gone Wild
Chapter 9: A Party Underground
Chapter 10: The Legend of the Bellringer
Chapter 11: Meeting Quasimodo
Chapter 12: Someday
Chapter 13: Sanctuary!
Chapter 14: The Final Battle
Chapter 15: Lovely Angel
Chapter 17: A Gypsy Wedding
Chapter 18: In Sickness and In Health
Chapter 19: Closure
Chapter 20: The Baby in the Basket

Chapter 16: My Father's Daughter

2K 47 0
By Fandomnerd22

January 12, 1482 Paris, France

Y/N's POV:
I smiled softly as I walked hand in hand with Esmeralda through the town square. She said she had another surprise for me. "Will you at least tell me where we're going?" I asked. She shook her head, smiling brightly. "Nope! I told you, it's a surprise," she teased. I groaned as she pulled me along behind her. "You'll like it, I promise," she exclaimed, giggling. I stopped suddenly as we passed the cathedral. There it stood, the pyre. Halfway burnt, yet still smoldering. Esmeralda frowned a bit, holding me close. "Esmeralda, can we just go home? I'm not feeling the best," I whispered. She sighed and nodded slowly. "Okay, love. I guess the surprise can wait a little while longer," she whispered. "I'm sorry," I said before approaching the smoldering pyre. "It's okay, y/n," she said, kissing my cheek softly. I shook my head. "No, it's not. It's my fault," I muttered. "What is?" she asked, placing her hand on my shoulder comfortingly. "My father's death," I whispered. She sighed softly. "Y/N, please. You can't let this affect you. We both know he never truly loved you," she urged. I sighed. I knew she was trying to make me feel better. But for some reason, her words hurt. "That hurts love," I muttered, before climbing up on the platform. "Maybe you should just go." Esmeralda sighed, taking my hands gently. "Then we can go. I don't want to see you hurting," she whispered. I smiled softly. "Are you sure? I don't want to upset you," I admitted. She offered me a reassuring nod. "The surprise can wait," she said. I smiled softly. "Thank you, love," I whispered. "We'll go home and work through your guilt, and come back once they've taken this down," she said, gesturing to the pyre I now stood on. I hugged her close. Esmeralda took my hand as we walked back to the Court of Miracles. I squeezed her hand lightly. As soon as we reached the Court, I wasted no time in running to our tent in tears.

Esmeralda's POV:
I sighed softly. "Hey, what's wrong? Why is y/n crying?" Clopin asked. I sighed. "Y/N and I passed the pyre on the way to our surprise location," I said. He nodded. "But I thought everything was okay now, what happened?" I sighed. "She still feels guilty about her father's death," I explained. He nodded. "Should one of us go talk to her?" he asked. I shook my head. "Let's give her a few moments alone," I whispered. Clopin nodded. "Yeah, you're right. That'd probably be best," he said. I sighed and sat near the gallows. Clopin sighed softly. "I feel so guilty. I don't know how to help her," I cried. Clopin hugged me gently. "Shh. It's going to be okay Esme," he whispered. I shook my head. "He might not have meant much to us, but his death has left y/n broken hearted!" He smiled softly. "I know, I know. But keep in mind that he was her father," he said. "A horrible one," I muttered. "Maybe, but she still loved him. She feels guilty. She feels like she should have died instead of him," he explained. I shook my head. "But she didn't deserve that fate," I said. He sighed, frowning a bit. "He made her feel like she did." "Because he was an awful person," I said. "Frollo was a very religious man. He didn't have the same views as we do. He tried to raise y/n in a way he saw fit." I sighed. "We'll just have to patient with her," he said. I nodded. But just the thought of my precious y/n, she was heartbroken, and there was nothing I could do to help her. I felt so useless.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 72 20
Elluria was a princess, beautiful and perfect. She got everything she wanted, and no one needed of her to do anything. She just had to look pretty an...
His Angel By

Fanfiction

58.1K 1.4K 18
I OWN NOTHING!!! I DO NOT MAKE ANY MONEY OFF OF THIS!!! IT IS JUST A FANFICTION MADE FOR FUN!!! Male!Esmeralda X Female!Reader Based on the movie bu...
60.4K 1.1K 15
Bella and her younger brother Quasimodo, have lived under the cruel care, of Judge Claude Frollo, since their mother left them on the steps of the No...
5.4K 183 15
When ex-FBI agent Sierra's life gets threatened, her father does everything in his power to protect his daughter... Even if that means sending the FB...