Unloving You

By phaytieA

Anna Joseph thought she had it all figured out. she was so confident that falling in love will happen on her... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN

14 3 0
By phaytieA

Anna heard the sound of her phone ringing from a distance but she was too engrossed in her sleep to even bother.

Morning sleep was the best thing ever and since she didn't have school, she mostly slept in.

As much as she didn't want to open her eyes and answer the call, she also didn't want to wake her roommate and incur her wrath so she got up and answered the call.

Queen better be in a life or death situation else she was going to kill her.

"You better have something important to tell me", Anna said angrily immediately she answered the call.

She waited for Queen to say something and was getting irritated when she was met with silence on the other end.
"Queen, are you there?" She asked impatiently.

"Judah and I broke up" Queen said quietly.
Her voice sounded like she had been crying and Anna didn't know what to say.

"What happened this time?" Anna asked the sleep gone due to the news she just received.

"I told him to stop spending time with that girl and he said he couldn't so I told him to choose and he said he will choose her because she needs him".

Anna wasn't surprised about this because lately Judah had being acting strange but she didn't know it was that serious.
She also knew that Queen always had a way of exaggerating things so she decided to talk to Judah before reacting.

"I'll go and find Judah and talk to him", Anna said trying to sound hopeful.

"Okay then I'll wait for you. But please make him understand that I love him."

Anna mentally rolled her eyes at Queen's last statement.
She didn't get why people always wasted their time and emotions on love when it obviously ends up hurting them. She was so glad that she was single and didn't have to worry about someone hurting her.

Anna tried calling Judah but his number wasn't connecting and she knew Queen was going to call her back because she was a very impatient person.

After several tries, she decided to go downstairs to their room to look for him.
They mostly spend the night in the hostel so she was hopeful he would be there.

When Anna knocked on the door, she was expecting to see Judah on the other side and probably drag him by his ear outside.
Unfortunately, it was Ben that answered the door.

"Hey Anna, wassup", Ben greeted.
"Good morning Ben, is Judah in?"
"No he isn't".

Ben stepped away from the door to let Anna in and she walked in and sat on the bed.
Ben sat on the other bed opposite her and asked her what was the matter.

"I've been trying to call him but his number isn't connecting and I have something very important to talk to him about." She said.

"I spent the night here by myself and I haven't seen Judah since I left home last night. He's probably at home".

Anna was feeling too lazy to go out to their house and besides she just woke up and needed time before she started functioning well.

She decided to tell Ben about the call, after all he was friends with both Queen and Judah.

After she explained everything to Ben, they got talking and he was telling her his own point of view on the matter and how Queen was always overreacting and feeling too entitled.

They talked for a while and moved on to other things.

Anna was surprised that she could have a serious conversation with Ben without one of them fighting the other.

Just when she thought things were going smoothly, Ben brought up the topic of her telling him that he couldn't do anything if he was locked up in a room with a girl.

"And I still say, the only thing you can handle is a mosquito" Anna said between giggles.

"I don't need to say anything to defend myself", Ben replied.

"Of course you can't defend yourself because you know I'm saying the truth" Anna said, she was clearly having fun.

Anna was about saying something else when Ben got up from the bed he was sitting and walked up to her.

Before Anna could understand what was going on, Ben had pinned her to the bed and was on top of her.

She didn't know how it escalated so quickly but she knew she wanted it to stop because her heart was racing and she was wondering if Ben could here it.

Ben was so close to her that she could feel his breath on her and she had to get out of the situation fast but her brain seemed to have abandoned her.

"Now you know I can handle you right?" Ben said still hovering above her.

Anna tried to sound confident when she replied" you can't do anything Ben, you are just trying to act like you can".

Ben moved closer to her and was looking at her, Anna felt very uneasy and immediately avoided eye contact while saying " I have to go Ben, I need to go and have my bath".

Ben immediately got up and went back to the other bed before replying " Now who is scared and running away?"
"I'm not running away, I just need to go right now".

Ben didn't say anything, just rolled his eyes and it annoyed Anna so she didn't even think about what she said next " I'm not scared of you Ben because I know you can't do anything and to prove it to you, I'll come back immediately I take my bath".

Ben laughed and told her she wasn't going to do it because she knew he was right and Anna was determined to prove him wrong so she left with the promise of returning.

Immediately Anna went back upstairs, she started regretting her decision.
She should have just walked away and let him win but she didn't and now she had to go back just to prove to him that she wasn't scared of him.

She thought about the way she felt when he was close to her earlier and shuddered. She didn't like the way it made her feel. A part of her wanted him to kiss her again but the reasonable part of her knew it was wrong.

After much thought, Anna decided to go back there just to save face and make sure Ben doesn't get too close to her again.

When Anna got back to their room, Ben was watching a movie on his laptop and Anna went to lie down beside him to watch the movie.

They lay silently watching the movie and Anna was enjoying the movie. Suddenly, Ben shifted and placed a finger on Anna's neck. She looked at him confused and was about asking him what he was up to when he smiled at her.
"I'm trying to feel your pulse," he said still smiling.
Anna rolled her eyes at him and replied " if that's what you're doing then you are doing it wrongly".
"Ok miss know it, how is the right way?" Ben asked mockingly.

Anna moved closer to Ben and placed her fingers on the side of his neck to show him.

Ben didn't say anything, just smiled and went back to the movie.

After some time, Anna noticed that Ben was restless and was just tossing and turning so she asked and he said he was uncomfortable and wasn't used to watching a movie with someone.

Anna was about leaving because it was obvious that Ben wasn't comfortable with her presence.

Before she could get up to leave, Ben asked if she could stand on his back because it was hurting him.
Anna was surprised at the strange request but she did it anyways.
While she was still on his back, he asked if she could massage his back a little and Anna obliged.

She was trying to massage it and he was just commenting on her poor massaging skills.

"What is it you are doing?" He said amused.
"Trying to give you the massage you asked for" Anna replied with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"How about you lie down and I show you how it's done?" Ben said.
Anna didn't think it was a good idea especially after the recent events but she still accepted.
She lay down and closed her eyes and Ben started the massage.
Anna soon discovered that he was pretty good at the massage because she was beginning to enjoy it.

She was still engrossed in the feeling when she felt Ben kiss her neck. Anna was very surprised and turned to face Ben but soon realized it was a mistake when his lips met her almost immediately.

Anna couldn't believe that Ben was kissing her again and she was letting him kiss her after she told herself it wouldn't happen again.

The kiss got heated and she could feel Ben's hands wandering all over her body but she was more surprised when she pulled him closer and slipped her hands under his shirt.

She was clearly enjoying every bit of it and didn't want it to stop and Ben was still using his hands to explore every part of her body.

Before Anna could realize it, she was shirtless and all that was left was her bra.

That was when her senses came back and she started to pull away.
Ben noticed and stopped too.
He looked at her, smirked and said " I hope I've cleared all your doubts now".

Anna was too shocked to speak so she just lay down there silently.

Ben got up and went to sit on the chair by the corner and Anna was still lying down.

She didn't know what to say or how to act. She felt like running away and crying her heart out.
She almost got up and ran away when she realized that it would be more awkward if she ran away so she stayed.

She got up and went to stand beside Ben and looked into the book he was busy with.

Just like that, Ben brought up a topic about physics. Anna couldn't understand how he was so calm and acting like nothing happened when her feelings were all over the place.

She wanted to cry so badly so she made up an excuse and left.
Knowing that she had made a huge mistake and couldn't do anything about it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

669 100 34
The life of a traumatised teen, who never learnt to trust or love anyone after an incident in the past that altered everything about her. With nothi...
22.5K 3.1K 60
She felt his warm palm on her wrist and at once she was facing him. Without warning, his lips engulfed hers, setting her on fire just like she did h...
243K 20.5K 38
Through the cruise of love; there tends to be desolations, heartbreaks, and painful detriments. But if there was true ardour; the beholder of the lov...
70.1K 10.7K 35
*Nigerian Themed Novel* FRIENDSHIP.ENVY.BETRAYAL.LOVE.LUST AND OBSESSION. Six screaming words in this drama filled story. Having met in the universit...