Waking As Damon

By crazyKate92

I wanted to be an actor before I died, ironically after I died I woke up as a character from a tv show. Unfo... More

Chapter 1 - Unexpected
Chapter 2 - Tough Chats
Chapter 4 - Halloween
Chapter 5 - Birthday Brother

Chapter 3 - Boredom

6.1K 350 27
By crazyKate92

I was sitting silently in thought as the sun rose in the sky. What I need is to find a way to cause immunity to myself from all the of those annoying vampiric defenses. Maybe the main issue I have with that is that I can't properly protect the little woman if I'm going to have such obvious weaknesses.

The founders party that Caroline and I skipped was last night. Letting out a sigh I try to figure out my next move. I don't feel like being dosed with vervain or being starved in a cell somewhere. I need to find Shiela and chances are she's gonna be hellbent on NOT helping me.

After starting the car I drive back into town I begin looking for Shiela Bennett's house. When I arrived the kitchen light was on. Going to the door I knock on it and then wait. She opens the door just slightly and looks at me.

"I'm not letting you in." Shiela says sternly, she looks ready to attack.

I snort and hold up my hands in surrender. "I wouldn't expect you to Shiela. I just happen to find myself in a predicament and I may require your help. Otherwise I'm gonna have to wing it and normally when I do that something .. lets just say interesting things happen yeah?"

She raises an eyebrow at me and looks me over again curiously. "I won't open the tomb for you."

"I wouldn't want you to." I reply back honestly. "Besides, Kit Kat isn't in there anyway and I don't even remember her. At least not in the sense of actually knowing her. More like the.. she was some kind of vague memory and I know her because — well yeah, that's about it really."

The older Bennett looks at me in disbelief and rubs her temples before letting out a small sigh. "You do realize that I don't believe you, correct."

"Yup." I answer with a shrug as I lean against the door frame. "It makes sense. I wouldn't believe me either and everything. It's just, if you can't help me then I'm gonna have to do some guessing and I ain't a witch. But, that's cool and everything. I'll just wing it."

"You're not making any sense." The old woman adds as I move away from the door causing me to stop for a second and turn towards her again.

Looking at her for a moment I turn back around and shrug my shoulders as I walk down her porch steps. "Yup, Stefan's gonna hate it. But, I make it a habit to fail specific expectations that I don't enjoy meeting."

Like being an egotistical jackass, among other things. Besides, if I'm stuck like this then that means I need to subtlety change or something. A full 180 would probably make Stefan act like I was planning to blow up the town. Which in the grand scheme of things wouldn't be unexpected since if he remembers correctly it kind of does go boom.

"Like what?" He hears Shiela yell back at him as he stops beside his car.

Looking at her I raise an eyebrow and say blandly. "Like continuing to act like someone I'm not. I don't strive to meet those expectations. Unless I'm acting of course."

I could feel her eyes on me as I drive away. This means that I need to build a natural resistance to vervain. The other things will have to come later. Sneaking into the boarding house wasn't exactly difficult since Zach appeared to be elsewhere and Stefan was who knows where. Probably with the Doppelgänger or at school if he did need to guess. 

Getting into the basement filled with the cells I look around for the vervain. Bracing myself after entering I begin to gather some, doing my best to ignore the burning pain in my fingers. I know that by technical means they can get somewhat immunity by using the liquid stuff.

The thing is, I want actual immunity. True immortality would be useful. But, one of the biggest issues with that is lack of a witch that I could trust. That's assuming I don't just say fuck it and leave them to deal with this shit by themselves.

After getting something to eat (drink/suck) whatever, I check the time and see that it's only around eleven. Which means Caroline is still in school and I really need something to do. Deciding to go on a splurge I pick up an Xbox 360, a few video games, internet and groceries. Yes, I got groceries. I'm surprised that my nephew didn't already have internet though.

So, when Stefan got home from school or Elena or whatever it was he was doing he found me sitting on the couch playing Resident Evil 5. It's been so long since I played it.

"What in the world are you doing?" Stefan asks me in confusion while watching me.

I glance up at him and raise an eyebrow, what a stupid question. "Uh, playing a video game. Duh."

"No, I uh- I noticed that." He stammers out in confusion as he sits down awkwardly. "But, why?"

"Because, it's fun. Have you ever played?" I ask him bluntly as I look at my little but old brother curiously.

"Uh—" he begins sounding awkward. "No?"

I hum in reply, handing him my controller and gesturing to the game. "Go on then. It's fun."

Stefan lets out a sigh and begins reluctantly playing. "This is doesn't really have any jump scares, it's more as they say actiony." I tell him after he's played for awhile.

My brother glances at me and then back at the game. "Why are you letting me play?" He asks me then.

I shrug my shoulders as I pull out the other controller, it can be played as a multiplayer after all. "I don't know. Brothers do stuff together right? Why not games?"

"We have been playing a game." Stefan reply's aggressively. "You ruin my life and then I leave and we start all over again."

"Huh. That sounds — dull." I mutter, really. "Why didn't I learn like — how to build robots or space ships? Or do something not so boring?"

Stefan blinks at me in disbelief before shaking his head and standing up in annoyance. "Listen Damon, I don't know what your playing at but I don't care. I won't let you hurt people anymore."

"So what?" I ask him dryly as I put the controller down and stand up, crossing my arms over my chest as I look at him thoughtfully. "You wanna vervain me? I have no intention of getting into your messed up romance man. I'm not interested."

My brother scoffs at that. "Stop lying Damon. That's all you care about doing."

"Oh please. If I cared about fucking your life up so badly then I would've made sure you stayed all rippey or whatever you wanna call it." I tell him in annoyance.

Seriously, I'm not even his brother and I have to deal with this shit? Ugh, it's like bad family relations followed me into the afterlife. No wonder he was such an asshole all the time.

Stefan apparently disagreed and vampire speed over towards me, grabbing me by my jacket and slamming me into the wall with a snarl. I roll my eyes and hit him in the back of the neck, then knock him down with my right foot.

"Listen little brother, I don't have time for your dramatic shit al'ight?" I tell him in annoyance as I crouch down beside him, already bored with the status quo. "I literally give no fucks. Not one."

Then I stand up and vampire speed out of the boarding house. Deciding to visit Caroline I appear outside her house and knock on the door. When she answers she looks at me in surprise.

"I didn't think you'd come by again." She admits shyly, a slight frown on her face.

I rub the back of my head a bit embarrassed. "Yeah, sorry. I did say I would protect you though so I'll make sure to bring you some vervain tomorrow. Don't want your mind to be messed with again ya know? I'm really sorry if I make you uncomfortable at all."

It's kind of frustrating when it's your face that hurt somebody, might not have been me but it was our face/his face. Complicated transmigration bullshit really.

She shifts on the balls of her feet looking unsure of herself and I hold back a small sigh. Caroline deserved to be treated better, she didn't deserve that. Why did she put up with the way she was treated anyway?

"You know that you didn't deserve what happened right?" I ask her after a few moments.

We had discussed it, but I can't remember if I told her that. She needs to hear it. "You're worth more then the way that he treated you."

Caroline bites her lip and I give her a nod. Quickly checking my pockets I burn myself pulling out one of the vervain plants. "Take this okay? I was planning on just giving you a bunch tomorrow— but."

"Then you stopped by unexpectedly." She finishes with a tiny smile, it was wary which was to be expected.

I give her a small smile back and nod my head at her. "I'll stop by again tomorrow with more. It should help to keep you safe. Put some — somewhere that it can't just be taken from you. I'll whittle you a stake or something like that too."

Turning around I make my way down the road, it was time to explore the area some more.

"Thank you." She whispers quietly to me as I walk away.

I didn't return to the boarding house, I needed to gather supplies and weapons. Not only to protect myself but those that will need it. Since I won't be opening the tomb it means that I will need to try to protect Bonnie as well, she will still be a target for Anna.

But until then getting a plan and a place of my own could be more useful then staying around the family who seems to believe that I'm evil incarnate.

Although, it probably doesn't help that if I had the motivation, it would be all too easy to get rid of them. Alas, I don't — at the moment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

985K 53.4K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
998K 39.5K 48
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1.6M 54.6K 68
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
291K 6.6K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc