"๐ฒ๐ž๐ฌ, ๐ข'๐ฆ ๐š ๐ ๐ž๐ง๐ข๐ฎ๏ฟฝ...

By somethingheavenknows

short little stories about a character i hold very dear. โ™› feel free to message me with requests- everyone d... More

note from the author
home late
nightmare
jeopardy
bothered

thunderstorm

1.2K 15 8
By somethingheavenknows

in which you're petrified of thunderstorms, and spencer... distracts you from the sounds.

     content warning: just ~steamy~. nothing more, nothing less. enough to leave the ending to your imagination, i suppose.

————

————

     you let out an audible groan as the cocky newscaster announced the heavy storm rumbling in your direction for the night.

"seriously? oh, c'mon," you whined, clicking off the television in a quick moment of aggression, "goddamnit."

for as long as you could remember, you were terrified of storms during the night. rain could fall like heavy waves all day long and you'd be just fine, but the second a thunderclap in a dark sky shakes you in your bed, you're done for. and lucky you, the storm is predicted to wash the town all night long.

you stood up from the old, rickety couch in your tiny apartment; wiggling your toes through the fuzzy lining of your socks, you trotted over to the kitchen for a cup of tea. reaching the box of chai in the overhead cabinet, you turn on the stove burner and began to boil the kettle you always keep full of water, and you placed a teabag into an old mug your mother had bought you too many christmases ago.
     you had forgotten about the dreadful night ahead of you for just a moment, but as the tea kettle screamed, the indigo night sky answered its call with a ear-shattering smack of thunder. you jumped in shock with an embarrassingly loud squeak of fear, placing down the freshly poured mug of hot tea with a shaky hand. breathing slowly, you tried to calm yourself, but the sky clapped again, sending a second round of waves through your body.
     realizing you probably won't get through the night like this, you swallowed your pride and picked up the phone.

you and spencer have only been together about a month, and he knows most things about you already purely because of his insatiable need for knowledge- but he does not know about your fear of thunderstorms, and as the dial tone rang, you were begging whatever omnipotent asshole that was playing bowling in the clouds to please let spencer not think less of you for it.

"hey, babe."

"h- um, hi, spence,"

"you sound nervous. is everything okay?" he inquired softly. just the sound of his voice was enough to ease your racing nervous for a moment.

"well, you see, i just... y'know, i- agh!" mother nature was quite fed up with your stuttering, it seemed, so she interrupted you with another strike of merciless thunder, and all you got in return was a stifled chuckle on the other end of the call. "please don't laugh, spence!"

"baby, are you scared of the thunder?"

"yes, yes i am, and i- i kind of can't be alone right now, is it okay if maybe y- gah! shit!"

spencer felt bad for laughing, he really did, but the sliver of cheeky little bastard in him did not.

"do you want me to come over?"

"can you?" your voice was timid now, and spencer realized that maybe you were more than just frightened by the storm- that changed his mood considerably.

"of course. i'll be there in a few minutes, just try to relax until i get there." he concluded, more serious this time.

"okay. okay, please hurry."

"i will. sit tight, love."

the line went dead and you scrambled to the couch, wrapping a thick blanket around your head and cradling the steaming cup of chai like a child.

please hurry, spence, you thought, closing your eyes and trying to still yourself with each growing rumble of the earth.
he may pick on you, but he cares much more than he teases, and you were eternally grateful for his big heart... and the coincidence your apartment complexes were only a few streets apart.

a quick knock sounded at the door, and you yelped at the sudden rapping, but quickly discerned it from the weather and leaped up to open it.

"oh, baby, you're shaking!"

you pouted at the comment, shutting the door behind him gently and locking the bolt. "don't make fun of me."

"no, i'm serious, you're shaking- these storms really spook you, huh?" he cooed, collecting you into a tight hug.

you mumbled a stifled, "mhm," into his sweater, nuzzling your face into the warmth of his chest. the apartment trembled with yet another addition to the never-ending storm, and you jolted in his arms. he squeezed you tighter and pressed a small kiss to your forehead for good measure, then led you over to the couch.

"why didn't you tell me earlier? i would've been here before the storm even started if i'd known," spencer chuckled warmly, pulling you into his lap and tucking a few strands of hair behind your ear with the calloused tips of his fingers. the touch was a nice pressure, firm enough to make you melt into it.

     "because, spence, it's embarrassing,"

his heart swelled as your skin flushed beet red from your nose to the tips of your ears. he loved the way you blushed, as simple as it was, because it wasn't conventional. typically, he noticed that most people only got red in the apples of their cheeks; but for you, the blood rushed across your face to your ears, down to your knuckles, and sometimes even patched itself across your neck like scattered puzzle pieces. the longer he stared the more pigmented you became, and he could not get enough of it.

"stop staring!"

"but you're so cute."

"spenc- agh! agh, oh my god,"

you buried your face in the crook of his neck, coiling around him like a snake at the growling sky. you had hoped the thunder stopped from the few silent moments that had passed, but clearly no good thing lasts forever, you decided.

"you're such a baby."

"spence!"

"i don't mind it," he defended, wrapping his strong arms around your waist, giving more room for you to scoot as close to his body as you could. "you're like a sloth."

"well, you're warm. and strong."

"what will help you calm down?" he muttered into your hair, rubbing his cheek against your head lovingly and twirling a lock of it mindlessly around his finger.

"just talk, please. and... don't let go."

now he was the one to blush.

"want me to read you a poem?"

"let me guess, it's memorized."

"everything is with me. you know that."

sighing into the smooth skin of his neck, he shivered a little bit at the feeling of your lips moving into a smile. you noticed, so you pressed a chaste little kiss to the same spot, and he hummed softly, his eyes wide with shame.

"you're so easy, spence."

"shut up, now i can't remember what i was going to say!"

he laughed nervously, but you cut him off quickly with another kiss, this one in the proper spot.

"you seem to be considerably calmer now."

"didn't you tell me kissing releases some kind of happy hormone or something?" you giggled, leaning back in for another.

"ah, so- you do listen- when i talk science!" he retorted between pecks.

"i listen whenever you say anything,"

"sure you do," he grinned, reaching his big hands up and locking your jaw between them as he pulled you down.

you noticed that he does this often, dragging you into a heated kiss whenever he got the chance; he was never so touchy when you first met, but after a while, he could barely keep his hands off of you. you didn't mind much, though, because with every little caress you felt sparks under your skin, and his annoyingly good memory had remembered all the best spots to make you light up with electricity.

"you know i didn't ask you over for this," you said breathlessly as he pressed his fingertips into the sides of your hips, planting a trail of kisses from your collarbone up.

he hummed knowingly as he pressed his lips on the small spot of skin behind your ear, and you let out an involuntary whine, blushing even redder.

"y-you were supposed to read me some memorized poetry, spencie," you stammered quickly, trying to move on, but he pressed his fingers a little harder into your sides, kissing all along your jawline. you stifled more noises, trying to save what dignity you had left, because good god did he know what to do.

"tell me this isn't more effective," he grumbled, gazing up into your eyes with his glazed-over own.

"what?"

"the thunder sounded about five times in the past few minutes, and you didn't even flinch."

shock written across your glowing rose skin, you gulped under his burning gaze and licked your lips anxiously. "i- i didn't hear it."

"am i really that distracting, babe?" he teased, leaning closer to press his lips off to the side of your lips, right in the corner, almost like he was teasing you- knowing you wanted more but holding out on purpose. he can be a real sly son of a bitch sometimes.

"i hate it when you get all cocky," you groaned, gathering a chunk of his fluffy hair in your hand and tugging on it.

"yeah, but you kinda love it, too," he grumbled, fingertips ghosting across the skin beneath your jaw.

"just shut up and kiss me again before i regret it,"

"yes, ma'am."

————

wow, look who finally published something. hope you liked it. :)

- Your Professor at Horny College,
somethingheavenknows

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

440K 15.6K 93
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
230K 9.3K 60
๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in ๐——๐—˜๐—–๐—”๐——๐—˜๐—ฆ OR ๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—› noura denoire and charle...
932K 35.3K 83
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
147K 2.8K 31
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...