I'll be good ➸ D. Malfoy

By TrueKingsFall

I'LL BE GOOD ➸ All Narcissa wants is for her son to be protected and as far away from the dark lord as pos... More

I'll Be Good
Prologue
Two

one

1.9K 125 12
By TrueKingsFall

➸➸➸

     It was a cloudy day when Beau boarded the Hogwarts Express, excited to return home after his very long fifth year. He wasn't even a Champion in the Tournament, yet it tired him greatly. He was ever so glad to collapse into an empty compartment next to the window. Not too long after he glanced up at the sky rain came pouring down, drenching those who took too long boarding the Express.

     He suppressed a chuckle and ran his hand through his Bengal cats short fur, she was a gift from his mother when they found out he was a wizard, the cat cost a great lot, but it hardly put a dent in Beau's parents wallets, they were very successful business owners and knew how to spend their money properly.

     His father and mother both worked in the cosmetics department, creating and selling their own products for low prices, which attracts many customers. His father has stated that such things should not cost much because it isn't that important.

      "Personality over looks!" He would always say.

     Beau's knuckles matched Pumpkin's collar, which was an angry shade of red and he subconsciously traced the bruised and torn area. He hadn't meant to get into a fight before he went home, he actually tried not to, but some seventh year punk thought it would be funny to cover the muggleborn head to toe in mud just outside of the Great Hall for many people to watch.

     "Mudblood, now the outside matches the inside, huh?" The boy had slurred causing the surrounding body of people to laugh and that's all it took for Beau's anger to take over. He threw himself at the boy, completely forgetting his wand and instead using the simpler muggle way; the way he prefers. It didn't matter that the other boy was a few feet taller and had a strong build, all it took was one punch in the nose to send him toppling down. Beau didn't hesitate and pounced on the boy, using his knees to press down the older boys flailing arms as he straddled his chest, Beau then preceded to deliver blow after blow to the nearly unconscious boy. He didn't stop when his knuckled split nor did he when people were screaming at him, he only stopped fighting when Professor Snape had grabbed him by the back of the collar and forcefully pulled him off of the bleeding boy.

     "Mr. Taylor," came Snapes slow drawl. "I can assure you there is no need for such actions, if someone is bullying you, you are to report it, not take matters into your own hands."

     Beau didn't answer Snape and instead glared at the seventh year on the ground whose face was completely coated in his own blood mixed with mud. The boy was groaning in pain.

     "Go and get yourself cleaned, Mr. Taylor. Everyone else clear out before I'm forced to give out detention!"

     Beau let out a groan and rubbed his face as Pumpkin stared up at him in confusion with wide eyes. His mother was going to have a fit, or scold him once she learned he got into a fight, again. She worries over him too much in Beau's opinion, he can very much handle himself in a dangerous situation, which he had proven a multitude of times. His father will probably clap him on the back and congratulate his son on standing up for himself, as long as Beau didn't engage the fight first, his father gave him full permission to put others in their places.

     The Express lurched forward and Beau wasn't expecting company, he hardly talked to anyone he was not punching — even then few words are spoken but his compartment door was slid open to reveal Draco and his lackeys: Crabbe and Goyle.

     "Crabbe, Goyle go to the Slytherin compartments, I'll be there as soon as I can." Draco instructed only taking his eyes off Beau to give the boys a quick glare once they didn't move. "What? Gone deaf have you?"

     Both boys shook their heads before trudging down the corridors silently. Draco made sure they were a good distance away before stepping in the compartment and locking the door behind him, he seemed hesitant at first but pulled down the blinds down on the window so no one could look in. He turned, standing next to the door stiffly and glared at Beau.

     "I'm sure Dumbledore has not told you the terrible news, that old git, he wanted me to do it personally." Draco stated in his usual bored tone, but it seemed more chipped then usual.

     "What terrible news?" Beau frowned.

     Draco let out a long, dramatic sigh before rolling his eyes and saying; "that I'm being forced to stay at your house for the summer."

     Beau sat up straighter at that, nostrils flaring at the thought of being forced to live under the same roof as Malfoy. "No way in fucking Hell!"

     "That's what I said!" He hissed, "but it's not like I had many options. I'm no happier about this then you are, so how about we just agree to not breath a word of this to anyone else."

     Beau rolled his eyes. "As if I would sit around talking about you. I have far more important matters."

     "Good, keep my name out of your filthy mouth." Draco snapped. He quickly unlocked the door and disappeared in fear Beau would snap and use his fists. But Beau wouldn't attack Draco no matter how much he really wanted to.

     He could only huff out in irritation, placing Pumpkin off of his lap and onto the seat next to him, he stood and paced the small space in the compartment. He didn't want to be near Draco if he could help it, the boy never shut his mouth and would constantly insult him and belittle him in front of others fully knowing Beau wouldn't touch him.

     Draco insulted anyone who didn't meet his standards and Beau knew he wasn't near to being the only one Draco bullied. Draco Malfoy was just a good-for-nothing bully who was just a waste of space in his opinion and he would love to knock the boy down off his high horse, but he won't.

     If he attacked others who didn't stand a chance at fighting back he was as much of a bully as Malfoy.

     He liked to think he was better then that.

     The rest of the ride he paced, hoping it would blow off some steam and cool him down, which it did to some extent but when the Express started slowing down he was still tense. He gently picked up Pumpkin then placed her on his shoulders, which she gladly stretched out and started purring. Beau heaved his trunk up in his arms and left his compartment, not bothering looking for Draco.

     "It's just a stupid prank. Don't let him ruin your summer."

     His frown immediately melted into a smile at the sight of his parents standing on the crowded platform, an empty trolley in hand, he made his way towards them, having to push a few people who were in his way and refused to move so he could get through. Once he reached his parents he dropped his trunk onto the trolley and was pulled into his fathers arms. Pumpkin hissed, she never did like his father, and jumped onto his trunk.

     "How was school, kiddo?" He asked and ruffled his son's hair with an amused smile but not before he gave Pumpkin a cautious look.

     "It's school." Beau stated flatly making his father give a hearty chuckle.

     "Yeah but you should be greatful! I got stuck with maths and science —"

     "You make me do that too!" Beau protested, thinking of muggle grade school.

     "Well yeah but I —"

     "Ahem." His mother said drawing their attention to over to her, she was staring at them with an unamused look before cracking a smile. "Where's my hug, oh son of mine?"

     "Maybe in the bin somewhere." Beau gave a shrug and dodged the playful slap his father sent his way, he moved forward and allowed himself to be wrapped in his mother's warm embrace and for a second he completely forgot about Draco until—

     "Honey, where is this Draco boy?" His mother asked with a confused smile.

     Beau rubbed his face tiredly before shrugging and turning to survey the area, the platform was almost completely empty and he saw Goyle leaving with his parents but didn't see any sign of Malfoy.

     "Maybe he needs help with his trunk?" His father supplied.

     "He can get it himself." Beau scoffed as he crossed his arms over his chest.

     "Beau!" His mother complained, giving him a light slap to the back of his head. "Go and help the poor boy."

     He didn't argue when seeing the look on his mothers face and turned around with a scowl and made his way back into the Express.

     "Don't you think you're being a bit harsh, Liz?" Arnold asked his wife. "I mean you know how Draco treats him, I'm proud he hasn't flattened that boy out yet."

     "Draco already has it rough. He has to be separated from his parents and is currently forced to live with strangers just so he could be protected. He is not allowed to contact his family in anyway so he has no way of knowing if they are alright or not. Give him a break." Lizzie said softly and grabbed his hand.

     Arnold grumbled something under his breath but did not dare argue. No one argues with Lizzie.

     Beau didn't have to wander long, Draco was in the Slytherin compartments, leaning against his trunk which was in the middle of floor, his pale face was flushed and he was breathing irregularly. It was clear the boy had tried to move his trunk on his own but it was far too much for the boy. Once Draco spotted him he straightened up and opened his mouth to spit out an insult, Beau had not done anything to insult but Draco is pretty sure he himself looked pathetic so out of fearing at getting judged himself he was going to judge the other boy first, but no noise left his mouth when he saw Beau bend down to heave the heavy trunk into his own arms.

     That's not at all what Draco expected to happen.

     The older boy grunted when the object was heavier then he thought but did not voice his discomfort.

     "Close your mouth, Malfoy, you'll swallow flies." Beau said without any real bite and turned on his heels, making his way down the empty corridor.

     Draco's mouth snapped shut and cheeks tinted pink, he rushed after the other boy and glared at the back of his head. "I won't swallow flies, Taylor. " He said the elder boy's name as if it was a slur.

     Beau dropped the trunk a loud cluck echoing down the corridor. Draco didn't have time to move because Beaus quick reflexes caught the boy by the front of his robes and glared down at the boy. "You can insult me all you want, Malfoy, you don't owe me anything, especially kindness. But if you disrespect my parents things will get ugly. I will get ugly. Understood?"

     Malfoy gapped up at him like a fish out of water before nodding madly, pressing his lips into a thin line.

     "Good." Beau let go of the boys robes and smoothed down the wrinkles he made. "Let's not keep them waiting, shall we?" Beau lifted the trunk once again and led the way out of the Express, towards his parents who were holding hands and smiling at the approaching boys.

     Beau dropped the trunk next of his on the trolley, letting out a breath and moving back his hair that fell onto his forehead. Pumpkin was on his mother's shoulders and gladly jumped onto him once he got close enough, he laughed and scratched the cat behind her ears.

     "Hi, Draco dear, I'm Lizzie Taylor and this is Arnold Taylor, you can call us whatever you like but please, nothing vulgar." Lizzie greeted with a smile.

     "To the noble steed!" Arnold cheered, taking the trolley from his son and running through the barrier, basically skipping like a little kid.

     His mother turned her sparkling blue eyes towards Beau. "Your father really loves this magic stuff."

     Beau hooked his arm with his mothers and escorted her through the barrier, Draco following behind them.

     "I'm well aware, I once caught him in the yard with a stick, waving it around like a total loon, and yelling spells he read from my books. The pronunciation was bloody terrible and the wand motion was off."

     "That's your father for you." She shook her head with a fond smile, her short blond hair blowing back once they made it outside. "It's quite windy."

     "Yeah." Beau nodded. "Nothing new on a busy day."

     They made their way across the parking lot and Arnold was already in the passenger seat, seemingly humming to himself. The mother and son unhooked their arms and Lizzie stepped into her seat, casting a glance at Draco who stood about seven feet away, frowning at the car.

     Wizards hardly ever used cars, muggle technology of any kind did not mix well with magic, it made the objects almost unpredictable. Although the Ministry did have a few special cars but knowing how much Lucius hates muggles Beau doubts Draco has ever actually seen a car before.

     Lizzie and Beau seemed to be having a telepathic conversation as his mother kept giving him a look then nodded in Draco's direction, but they didn't need words to communicate, only looks. Go help the poor boy.

     Beau kept his feet planted firmly and shook his head at his mother and gesturing towards Malfoy then the car. He doesn't need me to baby him.

     She narrowed her eyes at him; you'll help him if I say so.

     He sighed and she smiled. You win.

     "You coming?" Beau asked the boy as his mother closed her car door, buckling up. Her and her husband turned to watch the scene unfold with curiosity.

     Draco's frown deepened when he looked away from the car and at Beau. "I've never ben in a. . . Car before." He said the word carefully as if not sure that was the proper term.

     "It's just like riding a broom. . . Without the heights. And you're protected from the outside elements. And you can listen to music." Beau shrugged and gestured to the sky which was starting to get cloudy, it looks like the Express hardly beat the storm. "You wanna stand there all day? Be my guest."

     Draco scoffed and tried not to sneer as he walked around the car to the seat behind Arnold. He frowned at the handle before poking it.

     "Taylor." He frowned halting Beau from entering the car opposite of the white haired boy.

     "Yeah, Malfoy?"

     "How do I open the door?"

     "Bloody Hell."

.

Authors note!

First official chapter! Hope it wasn't too trashy, I just wanted to show how close Beau was with his parents and how much he loves them.

He is totally not prepared to live with Malfoy, but I have plenty in store for them. Its kinda like enemies to lovers.
Stay safe!

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 2.8K 31
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...
538K 11.6K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
131K 4.8K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
577K 35.2K 99
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...