A Whisper of Time || Yu-Gi-Oh...

Af melsforever

Book #1 of the Love Through Time series Some souls are linked beyond time and space Connected with a magical... Mere

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue

Chapter 27

114 2 0
Af melsforever

Four months later

After their weekend was over, Atem and Téa returned to the game shop to let Yugi and grandpa know of the change of circumstances and that Atem's stay would have to turn to a permanent one. The younger boy was so happy, Yugi jumped over his new brother causing them both to fall on the ground. When grandpa learnt his other grandson was interested in archaeology and history, Mr Muto was on seventh heaven. Grandpa used every occasion to brag about his grandsons and that they both have taken his two main interests. Overall, the Muto family was more than happy.

After everything was settled, Atem started intensive courses to get a degree. His records contained information he was coming from Egypt after living there so he had a local qualification. Atem successfully passed all of the Japanese exams to be able to apply for Archaeology in the Domino University. In addition to his course, Ishizu decided to include Atem in the finding of the Great Library of Alexandria as he was present in the discovery anyway. That was a big career boost, opening a lot of opportunities in his way. The Domino Museum was pleased to offer Atem an internship. The former pharaoh was finding his way in his new life. Sometimes, Atem thought about all of his friends and family in the afterlife. Probably, they would guess he was in the present to stay. Isis had a feeling about this, she had been somehow aware of what would happen. Probably, Isis would tell them what had happened and that their king had found their queen.

While Atem was pursuing his dream, Téa had found a new one. The brunette researched the possibilities of being a dancing instructor. Finding an appropriate course, Téa decided to combine her studies with a part-time job as it gave her valuable experience. For the first time, Téa's life had taken a positive turn into a brand new direction.

Their professional lives were going steadily up, their relationship was doing equally well. A month ago, Téa decided to introduce Atem to her parents when they came back from their latest business trip. It was quite a funny experience making Téa giggle every time she recalled the meeting.

"Atem had been nervous about the meeting with Téa's parents. As a prince then pharaoh Atem was familiar with diplomacy having met with many foreign representatives. However, meeting with his girlfriend's parents made the all-mighty pharaoh anxious of this particular encounter.

"Téa, I'm not sure, will they like me?" Atem asked in concern.

"Atem, my parents will love you. You're a wonderful and charming man, they'll be happy their daughter is in such good hands." Her words didn't lessen his worry.

Atem and Téa finally arrived at her house. Téa opened the door followed by Atem. It was a bit funny how anxious the great pharaoh was of meeting with his potential in-laws. Téa had to stop her giggle before making him even more uncomfortable than Atem already was. Her parents met them halfway on their way to the living room. Téa's mother had a big resemblance to her daughter. She noticed immediately the resemblance between Téa's childhood friend and her boyfriend.

"Oh my, is this Yugi?" Mrs Gardner exclaimed in surprise.

"No, this is Yugi's older brother Atem, he lived in Egypt, but we met once when he was visiting his family." It was a lie, but her parents wouldn't understand all of the crazy stuff that had happened to them. They had all agreed that it was best to use this story about Atem; he was a Muto in every way.

"Oh really, well aren't you a charming young man! I'm Téa's mother, I'm pleased to meet you." She extended her hand in Atem's way. Atem took it hiding his nervousness as best as he could.

"I'm pleased to meet you, Ma'am." Mrs Gardner was pleased with her protentional son-in-law.

Mr Gardner looked at the boy sternly, not really pleased to meet with his daughter's boyfriend. In his eyes, Téa was his little girl and no boy was good enough for her. Shaking Atem's hand, he did his best to shake him up good.

"So, you had to go back to Egypt, that's why Téa was so upset the past months." Mrs Gardner remarked while they had tea in the lounge.

"Yes, I had to leave but now, I'm here to stay." Atem intertwined his fingers with Téa's which wasn't left unnoticed. "I love your daughter Mrs and Mr Gardner. Téa is very dear to me." The way Atem looked at her removed all the doubt they had.

It was obvious how deeply in love the two of them were. It made her parents happy to see their daughter had found a man that would treasure her. Later during the dinner, Atem explained about his studies and his job while Téa's mother tried to overfeed him. Téa had to hide her laugh every time her mother refilled Atem's plate. Atem noticed Téa's amusement and glanced at her way pouting. This only made Téa's amusement to get bigger. Finally, Téa decided to have mercy at her boyfriend stopping her mother's food assault."

Despite all, Téa was glad her parents liked Atem. He was the perfect boyfriend in every possible way. Breathing out in relief for the turn her life had taken, Téa headed for the museum. Téa had just finished with her practice courses and wanted to surprise Atem. On her way to the museum, Téa met with Mai.

"Hey hon, long time no see!" Mai exclaimed from a few meters away.

"Yes, it's been awhile, hasn't it?" when Mai reached Téa, she hugged her friend rather strongly.

"So, I've been hearing you have a permanent boyfriend now?" Mai winked conspiratorially.

"Mai! Well yes, Atem's staying in the present so we're a thing." Téa blushed a little.

"Yeah, Joey told me the whole story." Mai giggled at Téa's expression.

"I should have guessed it was him. Joey can't keep a secret even if his life depends on it." Téa shook her head in exasperation.

"True!" Mai winked at her still laughing. "So, where are you going?"

"I wanted to surprise Atem, I'm headed for the museum. You know, he works there, and I just finished with my classes." Mai nodded excitedly.

"Of course, I still haven't seen him in person, but Joey showed me a picture. Yugi and he are like twins!" Mai continued speaking with the same energy. Did Téa look the same when she did her famous speeches? "Although, Atem is Yugi's hotter older copy." Téa blushed even harder.

"Mai!" well, two could play this game. "What about Joey? Are you dating yet?"

Mai froze in her giggles and laughter. They weren't officially dating yet since Joey hadn't had the courage to ask her on a date yet. It was true Mai travelled a lot but every time she tried to push things to the next level, Joey backed off. Mai was seriously getting frustrated with him.

"Joseph better ask me on a date soon or I'm going to strangle him if he runs away one more time!" Mai's cheerful attitude changed to one of anger in no time.

"I'll mention it next time I see him," it looked like their blonde friend was in for an ultimatum of sorts.

"Speaking of which, when are you two going to tie the knot? Everyone's wondering." Mai pressed Téa even harder.

"We're not going to marry anytime soon. We have other plans first and dreams to pursue but... we'll do it when the time's right." At least Téa hoped so.

"Right, I won't hold you anymore, but we shall meet sometime for a girl talk." Mai was back to being herself again.

"Sure, it was nice to see you, Mai!" Téa hugged her friend before leaving.

"Bye hon and take care!" Mai waved her hand before heading into another direction.

Sometimes Mai could be a little too intrusive, but she was one of Téa's few girlfriends and more often than not, girls understood each other better. Also, Mai was a good friend and would help Téa if she needed it. Resuming her walk, Téa arrived in the museum in a little more than ten minutes as the place of her courses wasn't far from it. When Téa entered the Domino Museum, she went to the front desk to ask for Atem.

"Excuse me, where can I find Atem Muto?" Téa asked the receptionist.

"Mr Muto is currently showing a group of tourists in the Egyptian section." The woman informed her. Ms Blackwood was very familiar with Téa by now due to her constant visits.

"Thank you, have a nice day!" Téa replied cheerfully.

So, her boyfriend was in the role of a guide again. Well, it was little surprise the museum board had decided to use Atem as a guide more often than the rest of the staff. Atem was charming and he had a way with words, after all, it was a mandatory requirement of being a pharaoh. Téa found the Egyptian section easily after being there countless times. Téa located the group but decided to wait on the side. The tourists were all young and by the look of it, the girls were more interested in their guide rather than the exhibitions themselves.

"We have a very rich Egyptian exhibition and we're expecting more to arrive in the coming days." Atem continued turning to explain about a stone with hieroglyphs.

A few girls let out a dreamily sigh in the background giggling girlishly. They picked Téa's interest, so she decided to pay a little more attention to them. On the background of their fellow tourists' questions and the lecture, they talked about something completely different.

"He's so hot!" A blonde girl exclaimed.

"I wonder will he give me his number if I ask?" her friend mused on out loud.

"I'd give anything to have such a boyfriend. Is he single?" the blonde one inquired.

So, Atem had a lot of admirers. It only made Téa slightly irritated. It wasn't his fault of course. Atem had completely grown into his self, he was more mature and physically developed according to his real age. Atem had died a teenager but after spending time with Yugi, he had grown into a young adult.

In the next ten minutes, Atem finished with his lecture and showed the group the exit. The girls went to speak to him as they talked but they were kindly rejected. Their disappointment was visible but Atem already had a girlfriend he loved a lot. Atem greeted the receptionist before returning to the staff's office to finish the day. What Atem didn't expect was Téa to show up.

"Dr Muto, can I have your number please?" Téa imitated one of the girls trying to hide her laugh.

Atem cringed at the sound thinking the girls had decided to follow him but when he turned, Atem saw Téa. Finally, Téa laughed soundly breaking Atem's confusion. Atem smirked and went to greet his girlfriend.

"I'm not a doctor yet," Atem remarked wrapping his arms around her.

"So, you have some chicks wooing you?" Atem's cheeks betrayed his embracement.

"You're the only girl that exists for me, you know that." Téa wrapped her arms around his neck in return.

"I know, just like you're the only man that exists for me." Téa moved closer for a kiss.

They kissed for a while ignoring the world around them. They parted slowly pressing their foreheads together. Téa smiled sweetly at him, running her hands up and down Atem's muscled arms. Besides his academic activities, Atem was subscribed to the gym in addition to running a few kilometres every morning. It only made his body a complete artwork, no wonder the girls were always attracted to him.

"I'll go and get my things, then we can go and have dinner somewhere?" Atem always asked of Téa's opinion which she appreciated a lot.

"Yes, sounds good." Téa pecked him on the lips before letting go of him.

Atem was back in a few minutes with his bag and along with Téa, they made their way to the exit. Saying goodbye to the receptionist, they went outside. Atem suggested going to their favourite restaurant. It wasn't a long way, so they decided to walk. Atem was taking driving lessons in his free time too. It was essential to be able to drive for his job, therefore Atem intended on getting a license as soon as he could. The walk was pleasant, the weather was still lovely. They arrived in the restaurant choosing a table for two. Each ordered their preferred meal before starting a conversation.

"Today we had some dance practice, I'm really looking forward to getting my certificate next year." Téa was excited and had many more plans.

"You will my love." Atem supported his girlfriend the same way she supported him.

"I was thinking... after I get my full qualifications meanwhile, I'll work in the dance studio but maybe I could open my own?" Téa shared her reflections.

"That's a great idea Téa. You'll create your own studio." Atem took Téa's hand in his.

"You think? I'm still contemplating on it; I'll definitely need more money, but I'll save." Téa was happy Atem supported the idea. Téa wasn't so sure of herself yet.

"Téa, you'll be a great instructor, I know it." Atem kissed her hand with his eyes never leaving hers.

Their order arrived so they began eating leaving this conversation to the side. Téa liked their Japanese cuisine while Atem preferred more Middle Eastern dishes due to his ancient origins. Atem had tried some Japanese food because he didn't want to upset Téa, but it made him feel quite sick which led to another funny story. They had found common ground within the western traditions but neither one was pushing the other about their food discordance. A relationship was built on trust and compromises.

After dinner, Atem was going to accompany Téa on her way home but first, they decided to pass through the Domino Quay. It was their place since their first date. The sunset was beautiful, just like the first time.

"I'll always remember this place," Téa spoke dreamily.

"So will I," Atem replied.

"I fell in love with you every time you duelled. Your presence was so enigmatic and after our date, I had completely fallen." Memories flooded into Téa's mind.

"I fought so hard to hide all my feelings but... I couldn't stop it; I couldn't stop being worried about you. You were my first concern always." They looked at each other, the love blinking from their eyes.

"Remember when you saved me from that bully? I was unconscious but when I woke up, I saw you." Téa's medium long hair was waved by the wind.

Atem approached her, taking all of her divine beauty in. The truth was this wasn't the first time Atem had saved her. Even if Atem hadn't realised it at the time, it didn't stop him from caring about her deeply. Téa meant the world for Atem, it had always been like that.

"I couldn't stand seeing you hurt. You've always meant everything to me." Atem put a strand of hair behind Téa's ear.

Their love story had been bittersweet for a very long time. An impossible love between two souls connected by an ancient calling through the ages. They had always been destined to be together, going through one challenge then the next but not anymore. The link that connected them was stronger than ever.

"I love you more than anything in this world," Atem whispered getting closer and closer.

"You are my world Atem, I love you too more than anything." Tilting her head, Téa joined their lips.

Their kiss was a celebration of their reunion. It was only a whisper of time. Téa intertwined her hands around Atem's neck, burying one in his unique tri-coloured hair. They held onto each other tightly.

"I love you my pharaoh," Téa whispered against Atem's lips.

"I love you too my queen," Atem replied.

The kisses continued while the sun hid behind the horizon giving way to the night. Atem had his hand on Téa's nape. Somehow, all of his unspoken dreams had come true. Atem had everything he hadn't even dared wish for.

"What about you? A future doctor in archaeology, the most promising young talent in recent years." Téa decided to tease him.

"Yeah, I wish to explore. Maybe we can go to Egypt, only the two of us." Atem suggested.

"With no magic and no ceremonial duels, right?" Atem smiled and nodded.

"No, we're going to visit my homeland like an ordinary couple." Téa liked the sound of it.

"Maybe you can find some other ancient pharaoh's tomb. After all, you have an advantage." Téa winked playfully at him.

"Hm, really?" Atem kissed her temple.

Visiting Egypt without all these complications would be different. Atem wanted to see how his country had changed during the centuries. The sand was still there for sure, but many other things had changed.

"We both have plans about our professional paths but what about us?" Téa inquired. Yes, they had a stable relationship but deep inside, Téa dreamt of spending her life with Atem.

"We'll spend our life together, creating a family. Would you want that?" Atem hoped her answer would be positive.

"More than anything," was Téa's answer.

"Good, we'll create our own little heaven." This sounded perfect.

"Together," Téa confirmed.

"Always and forever," came Atem's reply.

They kissed on the background of the sea and the starry night. From having no future together, Atem and Téa now had everything they could wish for. A former pharaoh and an ex-dancer – they made for an unlike couple, separated by five millennia yet here they were. Their love transcended time and space, bringing two souls together. The love of the pharaoh and his queen, both born in different times reunited at last in their future. They were made in the interiors of collapsing stars and each star had its other half. It spent its whole life searching for its other half in the countless stardust to find the one belonging to it. Téa and Atem had found each other in a millennium of searching to reunite their star once again for their magical link would continue to echo through the ages and their story? Their story would be all but a whisper of time.

A/N

So, here's the final chapter. This story is almost over, there's only the epilogue left. To be honest, it is special to me, I love the anime and I always shipped Téa and Atem. I always used to daydream my own ideas about them until I finally decided to write my own story. I didn't want just a simple romance novel, I had the time travelling in mind. I hope you all liked it, I'd appreciate any feedback and thank you for reading it all! But wait for the conclusion too!

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

3.4K 156 16
"Even though I love the staring, I'm not going anywhere aibou." Yugi is depressed because of Atem's leaving his world. Yugi knows that he is in a bet...
17.3K 569 44
what if the pharaoh, Atem, had a wife? what if he doesn't remember her. Story starting on Kiba's blimp during the tournament. I am going to be useing...
20.9K 534 17
After 5,000 years, the Pharaoh's Queen is reborn. On a trip to Egypt, Calixta stumbles upon the Millennium maiden ring. She manages to restore her me...
27.7K 1K 34
How long would you wait for the one you loved, even if you lost all memory of them? In an age long before the time of pyramids, a band of mystic scho...