A Whisper of Time || Yu-Gi-Oh...

By melsforever

Book #1 of the Love Through Time series Some souls are linked beyond time and space Connected with a magical... More

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Epilogue

Chapter 26

84 2 0
By melsforever

Téa woke up in confusion taking in her surroundings. Téa had fallen asleep under Teana's touch, probably she had just come back where Teana had no more power. Teana had no access to the present, so it caused Téa to wake up. Domino looked like it always did, there was no trace of Gauntlez's invasion. So, Téa's spell had worked, everything was back to normal unaffected. The town itself didn't remember Téa's pain, it did not mourn Atem's loss. It all came back to Téa – all her memories, all her grief. Téa sat hugging her lonely figure. There was no one to hold her anymore, no one to love her. Her sorrow hit her in the face, going through her like a wave. Téa was back in the same abyss she was not so long ago. His loss would kill her this time. Yes, Téa could visit him in the afterlife but not to hold him or be with him ever again... Téa might have won against the Spell Thieves but the truth was, Téa had lost the most important battle in her life. There was nothing Téa could do, despite all the power she possessed, Téa was completely helpless against her own fate.

Her sad thoughts reminded her of Seto Kaiba. The arrogant CEO of Kaiba Corp always spoke of deciding his own destiny and look at her now. Téa shared a bitter laugh with the birds, if only Kaiba could see her now. The hyperactive cheerleader was completely gone; Téa was even more bitter than Kaiba himself.

Téa had nothing left and if she didn't find a way to bring him back... there would be no reason for her to live. Téa cried out loud angry at her own helplessness. Even her hands were healed, probably thanks to Teana. The princess had tried to take this pain away, but it did not comfort Téa at all. There was nothing left to do but pray, that was her only hope.

"Please, please gods hear my plea. I lost something very dear to me but there's nothing I can do. Please, help me in my darkest hour, I plead of thee." Téa's words came out of her heart.

If... if they decided not to answer her preys, Téa had no other option left. While sitting on the ground, a bright light appeared causing Téa to lift her head. The light absorbed the brunette transporting her to another place. When Téa could see again, she was in some kind of throne room with immortal beings. Even without being told their names, Téa knew who they were. Téa could feel it in her blood, they were the gods. Téa raised from the ground to her feet.

"Time sorceress, we heard your plea." The one who spoke was the mighty Osiris.

"I... I have a wish my heart desires but one I cannot make it come true," Téa spoke humbly with bowed head.

"You want the pharaoh to live," it wasn't a question.

"Yes," Téa agreed cautiously.

"We cannot bring him back. The pharaoh served his destiny dying five thousand years ago." Teana was right, the gods were indeed cruel.

Téa had to bite her lip in order to stop her remark. Hadn't Atem deserved a second chance at life after saving the world so many times? Did their ultimate hero deserve to be dead? His reward for everything he had done was death, how generous. However, Téa calmed her rage, it would do her no good to shout at some of the most powerful beings ever in existence.

"I beg of thee, my life will never be whole without Atem," Téa noticed Isis's expression softened even if a little bit.

"We already told you sorceress; we cannot bring the pharaoh back to life. He served his purpose to help you as promised." Osiris spoke sternly.

The gods had made their mind, they were ruthless. Téa was desperate, she was running out of options. Her only hope laid with the gods, but they were final with their decision. Then it dawned on her, they didn't do anything for free. Teana had said that before. Well then, Téa had another idea. There was something she was willing to exchange. Looking them straight in the eye, Téa had a determined look in her eyes.

"I have a proposition for you if you are willing." That got their attention while Isis looked at her with interest.

"Speak freely, sorceress." Isis encouraged her. Isis was female after all, the goddess of life and magic who also protected women and children. It was absolutely logical for her to be merciful towards Téa.

"What if I make a transfer? I will give you something in exchange for Atem's life." Everyone's curiosity was picked.

"Wouldn't giving your life for his just switch your places?" Osiris asked half-amused.

"I don't mean my life," that was Téa's secret weapon. Taking off her necklace, Téa held it high. "I wish to exchange this for Atem's life," was Téa's final statement.

Téa had nothing to lose and everything to gain, this was the key. Téa had never been attached to her powers in the first place. If this was going to bring back Atem to her, Téa was willing to give it all. Everything was worthless to her. The gods were surprised to hear her wish.

"We are surprised to hear this, time sorceress." They used this name on purpose. "You are willing to give up on the gift your ancestor paid so much to get?" Téa was bold, they could give her that credit.

"I don't mean only the necklace but my powers too. I'll give it all." Téa confirmed with her chin high.

"Are you sure you want to give up on your gift, sorceress?" Osiris asked in a serious tone.

"I'm not giving up on it; I'm exchanging a gift for a gift. However, one means nothing to me while the other is everything I need." Her answer seemed to please at least Isis.

"Very well." Isis nodded at her. "Consider it done."

With a wave of her hand, the necklace disappeared from Téa's palm. Gently and slowly, the magic left her but Téa was ready for it. Téa gave it all willingly. Once it was done, the gods slowly disappeared. Téa was returned back on earth, leaving the dominion of the gods. Téa had no powers left; she was sure of that. Looking around, Téa saw a familiar figure on the bridge lit by the sunset. Her heart skipped a beat; it was him. Atem turned around so Téa could fully see him. Atem had a confused look on his face but he felt relieved when he saw Téa. On her side, Téa's lips parted into a tearful smile.

"Atem..." his name was spoken with so much relief and joy.

Without losing another second, Téa ran towards him with all her might. When Téa reached him, she stopped to take all of him in. Téa still couldn't believe her eyes. Was it a dream? Téa was afraid she would wake up again only to find him gone.

"Atem, you're really here, aren't you?" Téa dared to speak.

"Yes but..." before Atem could ask her how, Téa jumped in his arms.

Her dream was finally coming true. Téa cried but not from sadness but happiness. Téa was happy like never before. No more magic, no more worries, they had the future before them. Atem hugged Téa back, being happy to have her in his arms once again. Téa stepped back only to kiss him. They kissed hungrily like never before. They kissed again and again until the need for air prevailed.

"How?" it was Atem's only question.

"I asked the gods for a favour. I exchanged my powers for your life." Téa explained happily.

"Téa, you gave them up for me?" Atem cupped her face shocked.

"No, I exchanged them for something much better." Téa leaned down in his touch, caressing his hand.

"Téa... I don't know what to say." Téa took his hands in hers.

"Atem, my life would never be complete without you. I couldn't have lived without you Atem. I do not regret my choice, on the contrary, I'm happy." Téa wanted to assure him of her choice. "These powers meant nothing to me while you mean the world to me."

"Thank you." Atem was honest. "Thank you for giving me this chance Téa," Atem's eyes watered.

Atem had never dreamt of having a new chance at life. Atem had long ago accepted his destiny, even when he had no memory of his past life, Atem knew he had to search the truth. In the end, it was always the world that mattered. Atem had sacrificed himself on more than one occasion but not this time. For the first time in his long existence, Atem could be selfish and live his own life. Atem had the chance to make whatever choices he wished. Most importantly, Atem could be with the woman he loved.

"I don't know what I'm going to do now. I mean, I've never had so many choices." Atem was deeply touched.

"Well, we have all the time in the world." Téa had no care about anything, they would solve it later, yet there was something she had an idea about. "What about archaeology?" Téa asked.

Atem blushed slightly, it wasn't like he was really good at it, but Atem did have an interest in it. Probably Atem could sign up for some courses and try but who was he lying to? Atem had no education, not from this time, how could he pursue any kind of career?

"I don't know, I mean look at me – a five-thousand-year-old pharaoh with no qualifications. How can I hope to do anything?" Atem asked her, his heart fell.

"Don't worry, I believe in you. You're smart and you'll do perfectly. I'm sure the gods have everything solved for you. For example, you can continue your life as Yugi's brother. Yugi will be more than happy to have his big brother back." Atem wasn't fully convinced.

"I'm not so sure Téa." It was Téa's turn to cup his face.

"Believe in yourself my love because I do, and I know you'll do just fine." Atem nodded shyly.

"Alright, I'll try." Atem agreed finally.

After this issue was solved, they stood and looked at each other. There was one question pressing them both. They wanted to be together, that was the whole point of their reunion but there was also uncertainty.

"And... what about us?" Téa asked first.

"Well, we can continue from where we stopped." Atem came closer, touching his forehead to Téa's.

"After that?" Téa asked seductively.

"I have some ideas." Atem's rich voice teased her senses.

"Really? Please, do share." Their next kiss was sensuous.

Atem intertwined his hands around Téa's waist. Atem made circles on her back changing the mood. Téa was like a living wire in his hands, melting under his touch. From the desperate situation, they were in, they had the whole world before them.

"Shall we go back to the beach house?" Atem whispered with his deep and rich velvet voice.

"Mm, yes." Téa agreed eagerly.

Their weekend was rudely interrupted, but nothing mattered anymore. Hand in hand, Atem and Téa returned to their love nest. The moment they entered the house, Atem turned Téa to face him. It wasn't clear if Atem found her lips first or Téa found him, they both met in the middle. Almost blindly, they found the bedroom. Their clothes were almost ripped in the process, each was too impatient to wait. Once they were completely naked, Atem pushed Téa on the mattress coming on top of her.

"I love you so much, you know that, right?" Atem admitted looking fondly at his darling.

"Just like I love you," Téa replied smiling.

They kissed passionately sharing all their love. Atem's hands roamed over her lustrous body. Every curve of hers was divine. The great pharaoh was completely tamed by the beauty in his arms. Téa opened her legs inviting Atem to her most intimate place. It was an invitation Atem could never refuse. Atem guided his manhood to Téa's welcoming warm core. Atem couldn't get enough of the feeling of her walls enveloping his member. Téa was so soft and so tight, accepting all of him inside her. Her wet core allowed him to sink inside her with ease. They both moaned in ecstasy.

"Atem..." his name was said with a loud moan.

Atem slid in and out of her fully to increase the pleasure. His thrusts grew faster and faster with Téa sinking her nails deeper in Atem's shoulders and back. Atem grunted, feeling the pressure in his testicles.

"Téa... my sweet darling Téa." Atem moaned sucking at her neck.

Téa assisted him by exposing her bare skin for his mouth. Atem sucked on, creating a playful love bite near her collarbone. Téa's moans grew louder, holding Atem closer and tighter to her body. Atem sank completely in his final trusts, throwing his seed inside her. They arched their backs, completely still at the moment. Breathing heavily, Atem leaned on both her sides.

"This was magical," Atem smirked against her skin.

"Prepare for many more days like this." Atem's voice came as purring to her ear.

"Oh, really?" Téa fluttered innocently with her eyelashes.

"Yes, my love and this is only the beginning of our new life." Atem made a promise to her for the first time.

Every other time, Atem had been here for a short while, never able to make plans. It was a luxury Atem had to avoid. Atem couldn't allow himself to promise things he would never be able to keep. Thanks to Téa, Atem now had the whole world before him. The all so famous pharaoh had more opportunities than he had ever had while ruling Egypt but most importantly, Atem had a choice. For the first time in forever, Atem wasn't here to save the world nor sacrifice himself time and time again. Moving next to her, Atem embraced his true love looking her in the eyes.

"Thank you Téa, you gave me the life I never had the chance of having," Atem spoke honestly. Atem was eternally grateful to his love.

"It's a chance for both of us Atem. Now we can truly live," Téa caressed his cheek.

"Never in my first life nor my time as a spirit, have I had the chance to choose my own destiny." It was real relief Atem felt.

It was ironic Atem could relate to Kaiba at this very moment. Seto Kaiba might be everything but Atem finally understood why the blue-eyed billionaire always wanted to decide his own fate. The ability to choose... it was something Atem had always lacked and now had. Atem let out a slight laugh picking Téa's attention.

"What?" Téa raised her head in curiosity.

"Now I understand Kaiba and his desire to choose his own destiny. I've never had this choice before but now that I do... I see Kaiba had a point after all." Atem confessed with a slight smile.

"Yes, you have, and you can choose anything you like. You can explore... the world is full of opportunities my love. I'll be there for you whatever you choose." Téa raised her upper half rising above Atem's chest.

Without saying anything else, they kissed once more. All the worry and problems were now gone. Their weekend in solitude was interrupted but they still had a day left. The first day of their new lives.

"Téa, what about your dreams? You wanted to dance in New York." Atem felt bad for ruining all her dreams with his departure the first time.

"I'm not so sure about this anymore. I work in a dance studio as an instructor and I really like this – teaching young people to dance." Téa had been contemplating this for a while. "I think I found my real calling." Atem let out a breath of relief.

"I'm glad then that you found your calling." Atem was happy for Téa.

"You should pursue archaeology, that's your calling my love." Téa wished Atem would follow his own dream.

"Maybe I'll try, we'll see if I'm good enough for it." Atem inclined to agree with Téa. His words made her hit him playfully.

"Don't you dare say this. Besides, grandpa will be so happy. He'll help you with everything about archaeology." Téa shrugged him lightly. "Both his grandsons took his two passions – games and archaeology." Téa giggled at her own words.

"Yeah, you're probably right."

Atem really had everything he could ever want. Atem had the woman he loved, a career in front of him and a completely new chance to live the life he was denied. Atem was very young when his father showed him his very own tomb and asked the gods for mercy to his son. Atem had been destined to save the world time and time again and he was more than proud to do it. The young prince was always aware of his duties, but he never expected to be crowned pharaoh at such a young age at the same time as losing his only left parent. Not anymore, Atem had served fate for five thousand years but this time, there was no shadow magic and no evil, just normal ordinary life.

They looked at each other lovingly, falling in love with each other over and over again. Téa and Atem had the chance of a lifetime. Téa had chosen the one gift that meant everything to her. Téa had given up on the powers she was born with, but she had received the ultimate reward. Her own fairy-tale was just beginning.

Later in the evening, Atem and Téa stood on the balcony observing the sunset. Téa had a sheer nightgown blown lightly by the wind. Téa was leaning on Atem's shoulder but raised her head to look at him.

"I love you Atem, now and forever." It was a promise stronger than any vow.

"Now and forever," was Atem's reply.

They kissed sealing their pact. The future laid ahead; many more choices would come but they were going to face them together. Intertwining their hands, they thought of their common future and their dreams.

A/N

I got a bit carried away, I posting this past midnight here but anyway, this is the second to last chapter in the story - only final chapter and epilogue ready to go!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 340 12
A hikari cannot live without a yami. A hikari without a yami has a year to live and will slowly vanish, the said hikari will become particles of lig...
13.1K 378 36
(After Season 5) Alternate ending. Instead of going to the afterlife, the pharaoh stayed. Even though Yugi won, Atem still stayed and he couldn't be...
10.3K 487 44
A rebellious uprising. An arranged marriage. A rising threat against Egypt. How will the youngest son of Pharaoh Aknamkanon cope with them all? #1 in...
12.1K 680 21
I am moving my fanfics over from QuoteV so you might have read this already =P For those of you who haven't please enjoy! A young girl and her family...