Long Term Friendship

By 4nto_n1co

Once childhood friends, now very distant. What happens when they find themselves in situations where they can... More

INTRO A/N
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX

VII

584 37 11
By 4nto_n1co

∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘

10:08 PM

Byulyi had agreed to accompany her friend to the bus stop from her new job. It was only a part-time job, and because of school she couldn't work an earlier shift.
Putting on some comfortable oversized clothes and a cap she headed out. It somehow made her feel more safe going out that way. Specially being that late.

"Heeyeon!" She excitedly ran up to the girl, making her look up from her phone.

"Byul-ah!" The girl excitedly hugged her

"It's been a while, huh?" Byulyi said scrunching up her nose as she smiled.

"Yes! Ever since you changed schools you've been neglecting me!" Heeyeon pouted.

"Yah, it's not like that" she grabbed Heeyeon's cheeks

The opening door and the people getting out of the convenience store caught Byulyi's attention.

"Moon Byulyi?"

"Wheein's brother?"

She turned to realize that the whole gang was there.

"Yo" Seokjin greeted them, as he was the one seated the closest to them.

"Woah, the whole squad is out, and so late at night" she teased them, seeing them all together at such a time was quite unusual. Heeyeon was visibly confused.

"You know them?" Heeyeon inquired surprised, looking at the group of boys.... they seemed somehow familiar. Just because she didn't look back at them earlier doesn't mean she didn't notice how they were staring and possibly talking about her. She actually tried her best to appear unbothered.

"Yeah, we go to the same school" she replied. She actually gave her answer quite a lot of thought. They weren't close enough to be called friends, and not all of them were her classmates. Acquaintances was probably the right word, but it somehow felt rude to say that.

"Oh, I see" Heeyeon said with an unsure voice

"This is Heeyeon. We used to be classmates" Byulyi explained

"Oh, I'm Hoseok" he stretched out a hand to greet her with the sweetest smile, trying to make her feel more at ease "I'm Byulyi's classmate, along with these three" signaling Namjoon, Seokjin and Yoongi

"Oh, please take care of my Byulyi" she said with a smile, pretty sure it's impossible not to smile back at Hoseok gallant smile.

For a moment there Seokjin finally felt relief as she didn't seem to recognize him, but as always, that didn't last very long.

"Have we met before?" She observed them. Seokjin's eyes going round at the sudden question. "Ah! I know!" She remembered "you're that guy that tried to be a knight in shining armor!" She covered her face as she smiled and everyone started to laugh

"Aish, I was only trying to help"

"Oh, that does sound very Seokjin" Byulyi added between the laughs "but don't worry, he's a good guy" she didn't even look at him and patted Heeyeon's shoulder.

"Say, what're you doing out so late? Is this a wild side of Moon Byulyi that's unknown to the public?" Yoongi said teasing

She laughed "I could ask you the same. Because seeing a big group of people at night is not intimidating at all" she said raising an eyebrow.

"Oh come on how could anyone be intimated by us? We have Jungkook" Jimin said putting an arm around the younger boy

"They'll probably think you're bullying him" she chuckled "anyway, we have to go now, Hani is already past her bedtime" she proceeded to grab her cheek again.

"Hey, like you JK" Taehyung poked fun at the boy

"See you around, don't do anything bad" they waved goodbye and left

Not long after they were gone, the boys also decided it was about time to go back home. Of course not without making fun of Jungkook's plan for getting back inside his house unnoticed. But Jungkook being Jungkook they knew he'd somehow manage, he was one nimble bastard.

10:32 PM

"You're back?" Yongsun tried to mutter, but the toothbrush on her mouth didn't quite help

"I'm back? Well, if I'm right in front of you then I'm already here, so that question really doesn't make sense" he tried to take advantage that his sister wouldn't be able to reply, but didn't work out as expected since she just kicked him and proceeded with her nighttime routine.

When he got to his room he didn't even turn on the light, he just plummeted on his bed. Belly down and arms stretched out, phone still in hand. He just ignored the continuous messages from their group chat.
For once he wanted things to change. To change back to the way they were.
Ever since he was little he stopped liking changes. He saw the way his parents changed, how they started to fight every time more until one day it changed again, and the house was filled with silence.
After that he saw how his sister changed as well, she somehow took a lot more of responsibilities, trying to fit into everyone's expectations, and then, she wasn't even there anymore. Now, he wanted to enjoy his last year of highschool to the fullest.
The uncertainty of the future scared him so much, he didn't even want to think about it. Everything was going to have to change. His friends would all go chase their own different dreams and directions. It somehow felt as though he was gonna be left alone. To him, Byulyi was the one that would never change, but at some point she did.
He remembered the way she'd excused his behavior to her friend earlier, it gave him the brief illusion that they never even grew apart...
But things did seem to be changing back. His sister was here and she a lot more playful than he remembered, even Byulyi had been sort of talking to him as well. Did she return already? He thought about waiting for her outside, just to make sure she made it safely, but maybe that'd be too creepy. Deciding against it, he didn't even realize when he dozed off.

๑๑๑

1:13 PM

"So, it's Friday" Wheein said as she was just joining her friends while they ate their lunch "what're we doing tonight?" Giving them a cheeky smile, opening up her lunchbox.

They sat at their usual lunch spot. During winter they'd eat in the library since they had a stove inside, but now as it was still technically summer they ate in the garden extension the library had. It was a new garden that had been added the last year, therefore people called it the "new garden"
It was very quiet and the view was quite pleasant, so they enjoyed eating there without having to watch out for flying balls or people accidentally running into them like in the school yard. Of course, they weren't the only ones. For the same reasons it was mostly couples that would go there, seeking for some sense of privacy which wasn't really there since everything could be seen from the library.
But, they sat against the wall, under the windows where they couldn't really be seen unless they stood up.

"Yah, you think you can just come here late and pretend like nothing happened?" Byul scolded her with her mouth full of food, making her cheeks look even more prominent than ever.

The young girl kinda blushed, strongly brushing Hyejin, making her stumble a bit "yah, it wasn't anything like she told you!" Wheein tried to excuse herself

"So you didn't just come here late because you were meeting up with a boy?" Byulyi interrogated her, narrowing her eyes as if it was something that mattered and Hyejin was making oooo teasing noises

"The teacher told us to take some things to the science lab when the class finished" she pouted, sending Hyejin a glare "can't believe you abandoned me and even told unnie whatever you wanted to say"

"Oh so, you two were in the lab alone?" Hyejin continued teasing

"No! We had to go look for the teacher to open the lab"

"So does this boy have a name? Hyejin only filled me up to the part that he's new"

"Jeonghan" Wheein replied, stuffing her mouth.

"He's kinda cute" Hyejin added "he looks so soft and pure" she giggled at her own words, but that only made the too girls look at her with estranged faces, cringing at her statement.

"Look who's talking" Byulyi patted the top of Hyejin's head

"Hey, I'm not cute!" She protested "I'm naturally sexy" she said striking a pose and sending the other two a wink

"You know, we could try going to the amusement park for once and for all" Wheein suggested, thinking of their possibilities for a Friday night, ignoring Hyejin's statement.

"Mm..maybe some other day" Byulyi said after giving it some thought "today is a day a lot of people might want to go and it's probably more expensive" she sat with her legs crossed in some sort of lotus position. They all seemed to be sitting in comfortable positions not really worried about the shorts under their skirts showing. Byulyi even had her gym pants rolled up to her knees to make it very clear what she was wearing under.

"How about karaoke?" Wheein came up with another idea "but your machine Hyejin-ah"

"Mwo? I thought we'd be going to a real karaoke" she pouted.

"That's also more expensive on Fridays and weekends"

"Okay so, unnie's not coming" Wheein put down her phone, on her lap and continued eating

"You know what we should do?" Hyejin jumped up with a mischievous look, pausing for a moment of suspense "tell oppa to join us"

"What? Why?" Wheein couldn't complain much with her mouth full of food

"Oh that reminds me," Byul paused to swallow her food, making the two younger girls expectant of her words "last night, I came across your brother and his friends...it was really scary,I though they were a group of thugs hanging out all together like that" she shivered when remembering her initial impression as she got closer to the convenience store the night before.

"Really?" Hyejin pondered a bit on her words "Well they're quite tall"

"No, you're just tiny" Wheein muttered through her stuffed mouth giggling

"You're one to talk" Hyejin nudged her with her elbow squinting her eyes as she gazed at her.

"You're both midgets" Byulyi mocked them receiving glares form both of the girls.

"Unnie, you're tiny too! Do you know how tiny you look standing beside oppa last week?"

"Then, how come he's so tall and you so small?" Byulyi asked grabbing Wheein's cheeks

"Unnie," she whined "ya needta stap doing dat" struggling to speak trying to get Byulyi to release her.

"Maybe let's just watch a movie," Hyejin said thinking again "and later my mom can drive you back Unnie"

"Oh, but she's probably going to come back tired" shaking her head no repeatedly "don't worry, I can get back by myself. But anyway I do feel more like watching a movie than karaoke-ing" she said making quotation marks with her fingers "it just feels like a lazy day"

"It does, doesn't it?" Hyejin agreed with her nodding her head along

"Then we'll meet at my place after club activities to watch movies, I promise I won't burn the popcorn this time!"

"Ahh, that's right, Wheein-ah has club activities," Hyejin said remembering after what her friend said "Unnie, we can go to my house while we wait for her" she said holding onto Byulyi's arm

"Oh, but today I'm staying a little after school with Seulgi" Hyejin released her arm with a defeated face and crawled back to Wheein's side, as a puppy looking for comfort

"You're going to make me go home all by myself" she pouted "well, I don't care!" She finished stuffing her mouth again, stealing food from both of the other girls' lunchboxes.

3:17 PM

"Hyejin-ah!"

The girl walked by herself. Facing forward, she walked with quite a straight and determined pace, her long wavy hair moved along with her every strong step. Although he'd known her since they were just barely crawling, when she walked by herself she did emit a somewhat intimidating aura.

Having her earphones plugged in, she didn't even notice Hoseok calling her, until he rushed to meet her

"Oppa?" Surprised when he halted her with a hand on her shoulder, slowing taking of her earphones to hear what he had to say.

"Yah Hyejin-ah, you're by yourself today?" He asked kind of trying to catch a little breath

"Huh? Oh, yeah! Wheeinie has art club today"

"You didn't join with her?" He was perplexed that the two girls had parted ways "are you guys fighting again?"

"No! It's nothing like that!" She frowned hitting his arm "I just don't think the art club is something really entertaining for me, and I'm not really good at drawing either"

"That's true" he pondered a while on her answer, sort of shielding his arm from being hit again "but hey! What do you think about joining the dance club?" Waving jazz hands at her

"Hmm...I don't know, I kinda don't feel very enthusiastic today" she tried excusing "it's more like a lazy day"

"Oh, come on! You'll love it! Look," he turned her around, pushing her back as they started walking back into school "if you want you can just watch today, and then decide if you want to join in or not, how about that?" Stopping midway, he gave her a wide smile, looking for her approval

She sighed. She knew he knew the power on his smile, just like Wheein's. The Jung sibling's persuasive smiles worked very easily on her.

"Fine" she turned to look at him so he'd stop pushing her "but only because you asked nicely" a side smile formed on her face, reciprocating his previous one.

Facing forward, she went back inside the school.

"Aju nice!" He quickly celebrated going in after her "hey, wait up! You don't even know where it is!"

"Then hurry!"

Only seeing her back, he couldn't see the shy smile and blushed cheeks that had formed on her face.

∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘˚˳°∘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 33 69
After an entire year of cutting BTS out of your life, you see on the news that Jungkook ends up in the hospital after a suicide attempt. To that you...
135K 6.3K 30
•WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I SAVE YOU? I'LL SAVE YOU RIGHT BACK• Jimin is a shy bookworm who attends highschool. He doesn't have any real friends and doesn'...
649 9 22
f/n l/n is a normal high school girl that stays in her lane. one day she meets 7 boys that call themselves BTS. they all seem to have an interest wi...
2.9K 184 29
" I feel like my life began with you and it truly did..." (Unedited) You are a regular girl living with your parents but one day after school you see...