highschool [ zukaang ]

By InsecureOmens

zukaang, but they're in highschool. This story uses: correct punctuation, grammar, and spelling! Fire nation... More

1 ; transfer student
2 ; hello
3 ; bender showcase
4 ; gaang
5 ; plan
6 ; drinking
7 ; hangover
♡ A/N ♡
8 ; Sokka
9 ; parole
10 ; cheer up
11 ; confrontation
12 ; dance
13 ; visiting hours
15 ; winter formal
16 ; give him a chance
♡ A/N ♡
17 ; help
18 ; school
19 ; ozai
20 ; accident
21 ; Mai
22 ; Azula
23 ; Iroh
A/N
24 ; false memory
25 ; 😳👉👈
26 ; truth or dare
27 ; Maia
28 ; three times the charm
29 ; drive
30 ; the end

14 ; Katara

1K 45 17
By InsecureOmens

heyyy

i just realized i wanted to write again like right after i said i wanted a few days off xD

enjoy :>

Katara was unstoppable. It was like a boulder rolling down a hill with nothing to stop it but your hands. When she wanted something, she would get it, and she knew that.

Katara always knew that. Which was why she was furious when Aang just denied her what she wanted. She wasn't used to it. Katara knew Zuko and Toph were a part of it, she suspected he liked them better than her.

Which, in reality, Aang liked all of his friends equally, but Katara didn't know that. She'd tried everything to make Aang like her as more than just a friend, even kissing him.

She decided she'd have to do something about his two favorite friends, but she wasn't too excited about it. She loved Toph, of course, but if she was in the way... she'd get crushed.

Katara didn't care about Zuko, though. She didn't like him. At all. To Katara, he was just an obstacle, she didn't stop to think that he had emotions or a personality. All Katara saw was that he was in the way, just like Toph. She saw nothing except her prize.

Aang knew all of this, though. He knew about her hatred of his friends, and he realized she needed to get help for it. After her dad left for war and Sokka had to take care of them, she'd gotten this idea in her head that if she just ignored everyone else's problems and feelings she could get whatever she wanted. And it worked whenever she tried, so, it had implanted that seed deep in her brain.

Aang felt that was why he became friends with her. Not because she forced it, because he thought he might be able to help her. It didn't turn out, but Katara was a good friend either way. She wasn't always acting stubborn.

You could call this being headstrong. Obstinate. Inflexible. Inconsiderate. Resolute. Katara calls it an awakening.

Zuko had left Aang's house that morning, looking slightly terrified because of his uncle. Aang didn't see anything happening, of course, Iroh was always so kind. But he did know Zuko had turned out a lot better without that visit to prison.

Like always, Aang rushed to do his homework the day before school started. No one called, texted, rung the doorbell even. It was good he had no distractions, but he couldn't help wanting something to happen and get him away from the stack of notebooks.

He would've taken Appa for a walk, but he feared the phone would ring while he was gone, so he just let him into the backyard. He pinned all of this avoiding leaving to the mountain of homework, but in the back of his head he knew it was because of that stupid phone. Aang wanted Zuko to call him. He wanted to know what happened when he left that morning. Did he even go back to the trailer?

Aang waited for that call the whole night, but it never came. He didn't even receive a call from his parents. Which he didn't care much either way with them, but it still would've been something. He knew the next day at school wasn't going to be much better. And, he was right.

"Aang!" Katara yelled across the courtyard, a large grin upon her face.

"Hey," He waved once she reached him. "What're you doing at school so early?"

"I decided to come early," She said, glancing behind him at the table where Zuko and Toph were sitting.

"Oh, well, I was just going to hang out with Toph and Zuko this morning," Aang stepped back. "I'll talk to you later, at my locker."

"Can't we talk now?" She grabbed his arm. "It's really important."

Aang glanced back at his other friends, and then nodded. "If it's really that important."

"Yes, it is," She smiled, and lead the way away from the cafeteria.

A minute later, they were at Aang's locker. "Why are we here?"

"Oh, well, I just wanted to talk in privacy," Kat said, shifting her bag. "Y'know.... about us."

"What about us?" Aang had started to get uncomfortable. But he knew this was just her trying to prove she could get anything. To who she was proving this? He didn't know exactly.

It was like she constantly was trying to prove things to herself, that she could do them. If she had already done it, then she wanted to do it better than before. Normally it would be a good trait to have, but for Katara it was bad mental practice.

"Well, we're going to the dance together right?" She looked worried then.

While he wanted to say no, to spare her the mental stress of it all, he just nodded. Aang loved Katara, but she was like a sister. Like how Toph was a sister to him, not in the romantic way that Katara saw. He wasn't even sure if Kat liked him, or if it was just another thing to gain.

"Okay... and usually when people go to dances, they're dating," She said. "So, I wanted to know, even though you said earlier we weren't. Uh, if you changed your mind."

"I guess I was a little harsh," Aang sighed. "I mean, I'm trying to say that I want to see how the dance goes."

"Oh," Her face suddenly broke into a wide smile. "Okay, I'll see you later."

Katara left, and Aang felt even worse than before, so instead of seeing Zuko and Toph like usual, he sat down in front of his locker and waited for the bell.

Kat, on the other hand, was ecstatic. If she made a good enough impression on Aang at the dance, he'd be hers. And then she'd have a boyfriend. And it would be the avatar. No one else could top that. Of course, she'd also have to wear a very nice dress in order to impress him, and also wear make up for the first time in her entire life.

Toph knew what was going on. She was also friends with Katara, but unlike Aang, she knew what people were feeling all the time. Toph hated that Aang was doing this to not only Katara, but Zuko as well. As if she hadn't picked up his raised heartbeat around Aang.

"Was that Katara?" Zuko asked, tapping his fingers together.

"Yeah...." Toph said. "She always gets what she wants."

"Is what she wants Aang?" he looked at her.

"In this case, yes," Toph sighed.

"She's stubborn, that's for sure," Zuko frowned.

"Katara is like a boulder rolling down a hill," Toph said. "And you're trying to stop it with your bare hands."

Zuko nodded. Toph thought for a moment at the analogy.

"She might be a boulder," Toph furrowed her brow. "but I'm an earthbender."

<3

That was when Toph decided she had to do something about Katara. First it was the forcing Aang to be her boyfriend, then it was the text she sent to Zuko, which, she hadn't told Aang about.

Yesterday, after Zuko had left Aang's house, he received a text from a new number, and it said to stay away from Aang. While they had no proof it was Katara, it was pretty obvious. Who else would've sent it? Toph was sick of her trying to separate Aang from her and Zuko.

There was this insatiable need for her to be the only friend. If that person talked to any other friend, she immediately thought they liked the other person better, and she would start trying to top her friendship over the other. She'd act overly-nice, give the person gifts, buy them unwanted items, and force them to hang out with her 24/7 at school.

This normally ended up with a friendship break up, until Aang came along. He'd seen Katara's problem and wanted to fix it. Toph also noticed the problem, and so did Sokka, but he'd been living with her his entire life.

Toph wanted to stop Katara's path of mental stability destruction. She knew that by the time she was 30, Kat would have completely gone over board, not in an insane way, more like a forever-alone way of overboard. So, yeah, Toph was worried for her. But she was also hella pissed at her as well.

Aang had told her he didn't need her help, that he could fix this mess on his own, but she knew he was wrong. Toph might not be able to help Katara realize that this was wrong, but she could at least save Aang from being stuck in a relationship he didn't want to be in.

<3

omg sorry for the short chapter :( It's only 50 words until 1,500 which is the normal length qwq I was just tired and this was supposed to be a chapter about Katara's mental health, so it's pretty short.

I got locked out of my account!!! This is not a drill!!! I cannot access my account on my phone, so by the time you see this, It's probably been a few days, or maybe this will work and the chapter will publish from my computer? I hope so... otherwise, i have to wait until they answer my email

nvm, i just saw that the publish button just won't click... so whenever I log out of my account on the computer, that's when I lose ALL access. So, I'm not going to log out until I can change the email attatched to the accuon

OH MY GOSH I GOT IN LIKE 2 MINUTES AFTER WRITING THAT LOL

Until next time !!!!! i love u all ;-;

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

932K 13.9K 89
Golden Trio Era/Marauders Era
87.2K 1.2K 24
hiiii this is my haikyu mpreg/omegaverse series, this is for fun purposes only. please enjoy 🍓 ‼️THE ARTIST FOR THE COVER IS [wrong direction] ‼️
4.7K 118 21
This a Eren x Levi story What happens when you begin to date your captain. But your friend that you see as a sister and she sees you as a brother...
10.4K 844 20
Haerin has a huge crush on Hanni. She has been trying to make a move on her for quite a while now but has always been unsuccessful. At the peak of de...