One Wish (Jinjoo)

By SapphireChou

In which Minjoo made a wish that she will soon regret...or will she? More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Vlive
Chapter 2: Tour Announcement
Chapter 3: The Wish
Chapter 4: Who Am I?
Chapter 5: Please, Wake Up
Chapter 6: Mint Choco
Chapter 7: Everland
Chapter 8: What Happened?
Chapter 9: Sleepless Nights
Chapter 10: Lunch Time
Chapter 12: D-Day
Chapter 13: Breads, Hospitals, and You
Chapter 14: Movie Night
Chapter 15: The Truth Revealed
Chapter 16: Hidden Feelings
Chapter 17: For the Best
Chapter 18: The Weekend
Chapter 19: Hangout?
Chapter 20: The Return
Chapter 21: Memories
Chapter 22: A Little Trip
Chapter 23: Laughs and Giggles
Chapter 24: She's My Bias
Chapter 25: Where Both Ends Meet
Epilogue

Chapter 11: Late Night Out

420 29 1
By SapphireChou

Minjoo's POV

It's been five days since the rehearsals started. Five days since my restless nights, and more days of me being stuck in this body.

Sure, being in this body has its perks. First perk, is that I'm in Wonyoung's body. The Jang Wonyoung who everybody loves and adore. Second, I've never been this tall and flexible. Yeah, I'm a bit tall too and flexible but not like this. Wonyoung must have a secret growing up for being this tall at such a young age and of course, she's really flexible considering all the exercises that she does for her body to be kept in shape. Lastly the greatest perk of all, I get to spend time with the members themselves. Every day, all day, 24/7. Pretty good, huh? But as we all know everything has its downside.

First and foremost, since I'm stuck in this body I can't see nor hang out with my family and friends. Being with the members is fun and all, but ever since I've been in this body, I can't help but miss them. Wondering whether is mom doing okay? Does my dad still have to work late? Did Yuri ever get the hang of chemistry? And how is Chaewon doing? Those were the questions clouding my thoughts every time I wake up and still in this body. Second, I have no idea how my body is behaving out there. I'm not entirely sure that Wonyoung is in my body too and if she is, is she doing okay? Living my life for me and pretending to be me every day that is. Lastly, I keep on being guilty on taking Wonyoung's life from her. Concert starts in two days and it's their first concert. I can't help but feel guilty for being her at a time like this. Besides, she's a performer. She should be the one experiencing all of this, not me. I don't even know if I'll do well on the stage in two days.

A person putting her hand on my shoulder stopped me from my train of thoughts.

"You okay?" Eunbi unnie asked me. We were currently done with today's rehearsal and was preparing to go home. I sat by nearest bench to take a breath from all the rehearsing. I mustn't have noticed that I zoned out.

"I'm okay, unnie." I gave her a small smile after saying. "Good to hear that." She pats my back before standing up.

"Oh and if it's not too much to ask, can you call Hyewon for us to come here? Our driver's gonna be here in like 5 and I still have to check on the others." She told me while looking at the members who was busy packing their stuff.

"No worries, unnie. I'll go call her." I tell her before standing up. "Where could she be anyways?"

"She's probably eating right now after a day's work." She said as she chuckled. "So you'll probably find her at the cafeteria."

"Okay, I'll go get her." I tell her before going on my way

--

The company building was huge. I'd still get lost even for being here for five days straight. Luckily, I knew where the cafeteria was. Yena unnie took me here four days ago to buy me some sweets. She said I needed something sweet that day since I was looking kinda down and sleepy. Well, if it wasn't for me being up all night learning all their choreos, I would probably feel a lot energetic that day.

I entered the door and already saw Hyewon unnie at the nearest table. She was eating some cake while scrolling through her phone. I decided to call her.

"Kangchan! Kangchan! Eunbi unnie's looking for you. We have to go now." She looked up from her phone to look at me with her eyebrows furrowed. "Weird, that's the first time in months you've called me Kangchan. You usually call me Kwangbae these days."

I was a bit startled on what she said as I began pulling her up to avoid the topic. "That doesn't matter. Unnie's calling you. We really have to go now." Good thing she didn't push the topic more. Instead, she ate the last piece of cake, stood up, then grabbed my arm to pull me but not too strong. "Well, we don't wanna keep Eunbi unnie waiting. Let's go."

--

After successfully bringing Kangchan back to her group, we were able to finally go home. It was around 6pm when we reached the dorms as I went straight towards my room and flopped down on the bed. My face was buried on the pillows as I let out a small yell.

"What am I going to do?? Concert starts in two days and I know nothing about being an idol." I was about to cry but knowing it wasn't going to do much, I stopped myself. I began hitting the bed to express what I was feeling this time.

I heard shuffling on the door that made me looked up. Was someone there listening to me?

I began to slowly crept towards the door. I counted one to ten before opening the door at a quick pace to see if anyone was there. Luckily, no one was there. Only Chaeyeon unnie who came out the bathroom and was busy stretching on her way to her room.

I let out a deep sigh before proceeding back to bed. I guess I'll better rest now. I only have two days to rest before the concert and I might as well make the most of it.

--

At around 7:30pm, a soft knock was heard on my door. I groaned before standing up. Who could be the one bothering my sweet slumber?

"What?" I said annoyedly as I opened the door before finally realizing who it was. "I meant, what is it you need?" I tried to say in a nice way as possible. It was Yujin. She was the one who disturbed me but of course, I can't let her know that she did that.

"Oh, I'm sorry. We're you sleeping?" She asked in a soft voice and I swear I could feel my heart melting. "No, no. Not at all. I was just looking through my phone." I chuckled awkwardly before proceeding, "What brought you here anyways?"

She seemed a bit taken back from my question as she looked down while scratching the back of her head. "Uh yeah... about that, I just wanted to ask if you'd like to go grab coffee with me? I don't know, a little way to wind up before the concert and all." She says the last part while finally looking up at me.

Okay, if I wasn't the sane person I am now I would have squeled loudly and jumped all over the place and maybe past out of excitement because of what she just said. Good thing, I learned how to control myself while learning how to face her these past few days.

I let out a small grin as I looked at her, "Sounds nice. I'll be ready in 10. Just wait for a bit." I closed the door gently, careful not to slam it on Yujin's face before letting out a quiet squeal

--

We were now outside the dorms, walking side by side with me not knowing where we'll be going. We were both wearing a mask for people not to notice and there aren't a lot of people that time which was a convenience to us.

After walking for at least 15 minutes away from the door, we've finally arrived at a small coffee shop. Yujin opened the door for me to let me in. I gave her a small thanks for that.

Yujin asked me to get a table for us. I picked the one that was near to the entrance as she made her way to the counter. She didn't even ask me what I'd like to have.

After finishing, she sat right in front of me while putting her credit card in her back pocket. I was staring at her that made her looked at me. "Don't worry, I got you the usual." She told me, smiling.

Seems like Wonyoung and her comes to this place a lot for them to have their "usual". I'm fine with drinking any type of coffee anyways so it's fine if she didn't let me choose. It was a good thing she didn't ask though, or else she would have noticed I didn't get Wonyoung's favorite coffee.

"Ms. Yujin." The guy from the counter called, signaling our coffees were already done. Just like what I said, it was a small shop. Not a lot of people were there to notice our presence.

Yujin stood up to grab our order. She then handed me my coffee while putting hers on her side. I thought we were just having coffee but it seems like she bought a cake too.

"Wait, I thought we weren't allowed to eat sweets at night?" I asked her. That was one thing I knew as a fan and not as Wonyoung. Once in their Vlive, Yujin mentioned she'll eat cake tomorrow morning since it was already night time. More importantly, they'll be having a concert and I strictly remember our manager telling us not to eat too much for the concert.

Yujin chuckled before pushing the cake slowly towards my direction. "It's fine. Eat it." She told me.

I narrowed my eyes at her saying, "Are you playing a prank on me? Will you tell our manager I ate cake just to get me in trouble?" Yujin shook her head while laughing. "No, why would I do that? I heard you throwing a fit earlier tonight and decided to ask you out to blow off some steam. Here, eat this cake. I heard eating sweets can relieve stress. I won't tell on you, promise." She told me, raising her pinky finger at the last statement.

I gave her a small scoff before pushing the cake back to her. "It's okay. You've heard wrong. I wasn't throwing a fit earlier. I was just... vocalizing." I gave her an awkward smile after finishing. I knew there was someone at the door earlier. I just didn't know it was Yujin. My bias heard my tantrum? So embarrassing. And I don't even know what part she heard.

"Yeah, vocalizing." She said before grabbing the cake and taking out a piece. I was relieved to see her do this since Wonyoung wouldn't get in trouble for eating cake. Besides I'm not even sure if Yujin was serious about not telling on me if I ever did eat the cake.

I was surprised at what she did next. She took a piece from the cake which I thought she will eat but instead, she reached out the fork that had cake on it to feed me. "Open up." She said, giving me a small smile that showed her dimples.

I couldn't seem to do anything that time as I obliged to what she said. The next thing I knew, I was eating cake.

"There you go, now you're eating. Feels good to eat cake once in a while, yeah?" I nodded at her, still eating the cake.

"You want more? I can give you more." She started to pick a piece from the cake again as I stopped her. "No no, it's okay. I can feed myself." She smiled at me before sliding the cake to my direction again. "Go help yourself."

I did what I was told and continued eating. I didn't get to eat cake ever since I was in Wonyoung's body and Yujin promised not to tell so who am I to reject her offer?

"But seriously, why were you having a fit earlier? I know you said you were vocalizing and all, but I know what I heard. Is there something wrong? Is it about the concert? If there's something stressing you out, I could tell the others maybe they can help you--"

"Yujin." I stopped her from going further. "I'm fine, really. I was just a bit worried on how well I'll do for the concert. It's our first concert and I want to do well, but there's something inside me telling me that I might mess up and ruin the whole show. I'm not really good in anything at all. I might as well stay backstage and let you guys continue the concert without me." I tell her with my head hanged low.

Yujin took both my hands that made me look at her. "Hey, don't say that. You are talented. You don't have to be worried for how well you'll do at the concert. I know you'll do well, trust me. And don't ever say you'll leave us behind. So Curious is nothing without you. All of us has their fair share in the group. You are capable of so much more than you think. Don't let yourself make you think you're not worth it. Continue doing what you're doing right now. You don't have to change a single thing. Our fans love you for that, I love you for that. We all do. Always remember that." She said, giving my hands a gentle squeeze.

I felt a tear slip down my cheek as Yujin used her thumb to wipe it. She looked at me one last time before giving me a sincere smile.

"So... I think it's your turn to feed me cake." She said as I ended up laughing. I know she was talking about Wonyoung when she said that but I can't help feel she was saying it for me. Not for Wonyoung but for myself, as Minjoo. I somehow felt all fuzzy inside when she told me those words.

--

We ended up finishing at around 8:30 pm. We entered the dorm and I headed straight to my room to rest. But before I could enter my room, I felt the presence of a tall puppy behind my back.

"Uhm, is there anything you need? Why did you follow me to my room?" I asked her. She looked at me before saying, "I just wanted to make sure you return home safely."

"We're literally staying in the same dorm. Not to mention your room is right in front of me." I tell her, pointing at the room she shared with Hyewon unnie.

"Yeah... I knew that." She chuckled awkwardly before starting to leave.

"W-wait." She stopped and looked back at me. "Thank you for tonight. Thank you for looking out for me and making me feel better. I owe you one." I punched her arm lightly after saying that.

"Uh, yeah. That was nothing. I'll be glad to help you out anytime." She smiled at me as she stood there, waiting for me to go inside.

"I'll go in now." I tell her. I opened my door and was thinking of heading inside. I looked back and saw Yujin still standing there with her left hand inside her pocket while her right hand was waving back at me.

I didn't know what came over me but before I could think twice, I went to Yujin's side and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Goodnight." I said in a voice merely above a whisper.

I quickly went inside and shut the door behind me, not wanting to see her reaction.

I waited for a few seconds until I heard a voice say, "Goodnight Wony. Sweet dreams." I can feel her smiling after saying that and finally, I heard footsteps heading towards their room.

I cannot believe what I just did. Somehow my confidence rose up that helped me do something like that. I leaned my back on the door as I let myself slide down slowly on the floor.

I hugged my knees up to my chest as a grin crept up my lips. "I think I like her more than just my bias."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.3K 3.5K 77
❝we only want freedom❞ ❝you are a disgrace in this world!❞ an iz*one ff started:040319
3.3K 260 18
When a girl being forcibly brought to a mysterious place. How will she take the truth ? How will the other treat her ? In this story, the main charac...
57.7K 2.6K 66
"I'm sorry! I'm sorry if i had an amnesia i'm sorry if i forgotten you, why?! Chaewon?! Why did you leave me?! Why did you leave us!? I hate you! I h...
4.1K 131 10
Chaewon and Minjoo have been best friends since childhood. All the jokes and laughs, fun memories that were created. They did so much together, and t...