The Mafia's Surrogate (ON HOL...

By Adwitiya_Bagchi

【Highest Rank】 #2 in Love out of 1.84M stories, on 12th April 2019 #1 in Surrogate on 2nd November 2018 #... More

And here it begins!!
Acknowledgement
Characters and Cast
Chapter 0 ✔️
Chapter 1 ✔️
Chapter 2 ✔️
Chapter 3 ✔️
Chapter 4 ✔️
Chapter 5 ✔️
Chapter 6 ✔️
Chapter 7 ✔️
Chapter 8 ✔️
Chapter 9 ✔️
Chapter 10 ✔️
Chapter 11 ✔️
Chapter 12 ✔️
Chapter 13 ✔️
Chapter 14 ✔️
Chapter 15 ✔️
Chapter 16 ✔️
Chapter 17 ✔️
Chapter 18 ✔️
Chapter 19 ✔️
Chaptet 20 ✔️
Chapter 21 ✔️
Chapter 22 ✔️
Chapter 23 ✔️
Chapter 24 ✔️
Chapter 25 ✔️
Chapter 26 (Part I) ✔️
Chapter 26 (Part II) ✔️
Chapter 27 ✔️
Chapter 28 ✔️
Chapter 29 ✔️
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43 (Part I)
Chapter 43 (Part II)
Warning! (44 - 49)
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
My Lovelies!!
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Important Announcement
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
I need your help!
Chapter 53
Chapter 54

Chapter 49

8.4K 324 249
By Adwitiya_Bagchi

-: CHASE :-

"We are leaving," I ordered as soon as the call ended. My blood was boiling as I thrusted the phone back into my pockets and stood up. It time to end all these for real. Benjamin had played with out life for a long time, and I won't let him rule any more.

"Where?" Mark asked, eyeing me with a curious face.

"To get Sarah." I was just about to strode away when Ares came in front of me, his face masked in an angry scowl.

"Are you serious boss! You are going to believe the words of a traitor!?"

My eyes narrowed into slits as soon as the tone of his voice changed.

"Watch you tone Ares!" I growled into his face, and he took a step back.

"I am trying to look out for you. You do know that walking into Benjamin's den could be a well laid trap!"

"I know what I am doing. Mark prepare the copters and tell Amara to join us. We may need a woman with us."

More people meant more protection. And I couldn't take any risk while I was going to rescue Sarah. We needed maximum protection.

Grabbing my knife from the table, I attached it to my holster and was just about to take my guns when Ares stood in front of me again.

"I can't let you walk into a trap boss. We need to check first whether or not it's a bait."

Gritting my teeth in annoyance, I grabbed his collar and thrusted him away. "For the last time Ares! Mind you own god damn fucking business!" I bellowed and jabbed my fist on Ares' nose.

"This is my business! To protect the Capo!" Ares stumbled backward and grabbed his nose, but managed to get out his words.

"We don't have time for anything else. She could be dying there Ares, and enough time is already wasted."

I couldn't do anything to protect her but I wouldn't fail this time. Even if it meant I would be walking into a death trap I would have to take the risk. To protect her, to save her.

I didn't bother to listen to any of Ares' words anymore and quickly ordered my men to prepare the cars too. I won't take any risk this time.

While striding out of the mansion, Mark came beside me. "Sir there's a problem. Amara is way too far from here, so she couldn't make it on time. In her place someone else is coming."

My eyebrows furrowed but I didn't bother to comment on it. Amara was the best made women I had, and I needed the best. But if there was anyone who could come handy in her place it was one and only ...

"What the fuck are you doing here!?" Mark fumed as soon as we saw her coming to stop in front of me.

"Amara sent me. At you service, boss," Ariadne said, giving me a curt nod. She was the only one who was as capable as Amara, if not more.

"We are going on a string operation ,not to a lap dance competition. Get away from here," Mark taunted and was about to push her away when she kicked Mark on his shin.

He was curled up on the ground within a second, groaning out in pain, clutching his crotch. Ariadne gave him a nasty look before walking away from him and stood near the copters.

I nodded my head at Mark indicating him to hurry up and sauntered towards the helicopter waiting for me. Ares and Luca stepped in with me, followed by Ariadne.

As the copter flew up in the air, my features turned rigid and tensed, hoping to make it on time.

I have to make it on time.

*******

"Impossible." Luca whispered beside me as we stood at a far away distance form the beach house, where Benjamin had kept Sarah captured. Not just any beach house, but the one and only one which had special memories attached to me and him. The place where he killed my mother and I lost the most important woman of my life.

That's the only reason we couldn't find him, no matter how much we tried. Because he wasn't in Ireland in the first place to begin with. He knew we wouldn't bother looking at this place, cause no body could suspect him to be here. This beach house was locked up since that unfortunate day.

"When are we attacking?" Ariadne asked, and Mark eyed her in a peculiar way. As if he couldn't bring himself to believe she was here.

"Now."

Ares, Mark, Luca and Ariadne nodded at me as we sauntered toward the house. We couldn't wait for my soliders to come. It might be too late by then.

As soon as I stepped into the house guns blazed and bullets were flying. That fucker still had a few loyal men, but they weren't anything for me.

Hawling my gun out I fired at everybody and anybody I saw as a threat. Several bangs resonated around us as Ares and Luca covered me.

I strode inside the house with Ariadne and Mark beside me, firing bullets.

"Boss, down!" Ariadne yelled and I quickly ducked to avoid a bullet barely missing my head.

Growling out in frustration, I shot at the three men who were shooting at us from the 1st floor balcony.

Within a few minutes more than twenty dead bodies were lying around us, and we ambled inside the house, my eyes frantically looking for Sarah.

"Get split, and call out as soon as you find her."

A gunshot echoed across the wall and I fell down on the ground, the impact of a hard push. Ares shot the man who tried to shoot me, taking him down with a single bullet and stood up brushing his forearm. I eyed him a thanks.

"She is not upstairs!" Mark said, stepping down the stairs. My eyes widened in fear and panic, What the hell! She had to be here. I knew it.

"Keep looking!" I frantically searched the ground floor. Kitchen, drawing room, bedroom ... but no. Nothing, they were all empty.

No no no!

Panic gripped me as I felt my head going numb. This was our last shot. My body shook uncontrollably as I feared for the doom. Was it a mistake to come here? Was it a distraction and she had already slipped away. Had Benjamin already done the worst?

"Chase, aren't we forgetting something?" Luca asked, his eyebrows furrowed and nostrils flared, hinting me with his eyes.

My eyes widened as I looked down on the ground, beneath my shoe.

Yes! We were forgetting something.

The sound proof basement.

*******

-: Third Person POV :-

The bullet pierced Benjamin forearm knocking his gun off. Several other shots rang out in the area as Chase and his men flooded in the old warehouse.

"Motherfucker!" Benjamin yelped out in pain, grasping his forearm, from where blood was pouring out like lava from an active volcano, drenching Benjamin's white shirt ruddy.

The two men beside Benjamin instantly pointed their gun at the intruders but before they could shoot, they were lying dead on the ground with a bullet in each of their's forehead.

Groaning out in pain, Benjamin gritted his teeth as Chase stepped into the room in all his glory, followed by Ares, Luca, Ariadne and Mark behind him, all of their gums aimed at Benjamin. Chase's eyes were bloodshot and dark, swarming with rage, ready to destroy every obstacle in his path.

"Urgh! So the mighty Chase Morgan finally found me! You are already late, bastard ... "

Amidst all these chaos Sarah's leg gave out as she sank down on the ground with a thud as soon she heard the shot. Her brain had gone blank and her eyes dazy, already accepting that she was dead.

All of their eyes darted towards Sarah's pale figure and Chase's heart thudded as soon as he saw her. It had been more than 45 days since she was taken, manhandled, tortured, abused and violated. And now she was lying there almost dead near his feat.

"Sarah!"

But before he or anyone else could rush towards Sarah, Benjamin yanked Sarah up from the ground in a flash, and snatched out a knife from his back. Steadying her almost lifeless figure in front of him as a shield, he pressed the knife on her neck, grazing her flesh.

Chase's blood turned cold and his heartbeat pounded in his ears. Life has again brought him to the same place where he was 9 years ago. The woman he loved was in the grasp of his worst foe, fighting with death.

He was livid at the sight of his love in the arms of the man he despised, but what was haunting him more was the blank cold look on Sarah's face. As if she wasn't the person she used to be. As if the hope of being alive had left her.

"Love," Chase whispered in a soft voice trying to gain her attention, hoping that the woman he loved with all his heart would at least look at him. His chest was clenching painfully at the sight of a bruised and broken Sarah. As soon as she heard Chase's voice, her eyes widened a little and she twitched, though it was still fixed on the floor.

"Love, look at me," Chase coaxed again.

When Sarah heard his voice again, her head darted up. Dull blue eyes gaped at Chase and her split open lips parted in shock. She couldn't believe that Chase was standing in front of her. She made a small whimpering sound and tried to step towards him, but Benjamin's rough hold kept her immobile.

"It is funny to see how you powerful and cunning Morgans can be controlled using these petite women. Like father, like son."

Clenching his jaw, he glared at Benjamin and threatened in a low but dangerous voice, "If you don't want me to slice you piece by piece, hand her over to me right now Benjamin."

A cynical laughter broke out of Benjamin's throat as he tightened his wounded arm around Sarah's figure, and nudged the knife into her neck. She winced out and pleaded Chase through her eyes. Every pain, every anguish and every torment was shining in her orbs and Chase wanted nothing but to gather her up in his arms, and wrench Benjamin's guts put with his bare hands.

"You might gave done a lot of damage to everything I own, but I won't let this last chance flee. This is my ultimate trump card Morgan, and as I had promised myself oneday. The day I will be the happiest is the day you will be on your knees broken and shattered. Your mother's death couldn't break you but her demise would surely will."

Hearing Benjamin's words Chase eyes turned black with wrath. His nostrils flared and his fist shook uncontrollably and the gun in his hand would have definitely fired if it wasn't for Sarah who was standing as a barrier in front of Benjamin.

At that very moment Draven rushed into the room form a side door amd everyone's attention turned toward him. His gun was drawed out and his eyes were sharp and filled with menance as he gazed at Chase first then at Benjamin. Both Ares and Mark's gun were instantly pointed at Draven.

"Ahh! There's my best soldier! Come here Draven, cover me as I take this bitch and myself out of here," Benjamin jeered looking at Draven, before giving Chase a mocking smile.

Draven took slow tentative steps towards Benjamin keeping his eyes and gun pointed at Chase and several other Chase's men behind him. Ares was glaring at Draven with uncontrollable anger, his teeth bared at him.

Draven's feet stalled beside Benjamin as he kept his gun aimed at Chase and Benjamin smirked.

"This is how you should rule over your subordinates. You see this, one of your most trusted man in standing beside me ready to lay his life for me and ready to kill you at a single command of mine. No one is family in mob, Morgan. All are your subjects," Benjamin snarled and tightened his fingers around Sarah. Blood was still pouring out of his wound, but he was hard nut to crack. A single bullet wasn't enough to weaken him.

Ares tried to take a step forward but Luca held him back on orders of Chase. He knew Ares might end up doing something reckless becuase of his anger and short temperament.

"You are trapped Benjamin. Do you really think a single man is enough to protect you. Even if you do manage to her out of this cell, which you won't, there are more than thirty of my men waiting outside to kill you. You are doomed."

"Not as long as I have her with me. Draven, cover me. I have to get out of here with this bitch," Benjamin instructed, prodding Sarah's neck softly with the knife.

Sarah was trembling in Benjamin's hands, pleadingly looking at Chase to save her. All hopes weren't lost for her after Chase finally showed up. Her heart thudded in her chest as she was standing on the edge of a stepped cliff. One wrong move, and she could be dead.

Before Benjamin could take a single step towards the door metallic object touched his temple. He froze on his spot as the cold muzzle grazed his skin, his olive green eyes morphing in bewilderment.

"Surprise Matafaka'." Luca's taunting voice resonated in the whole room as Benjamin's eyes turned red with anger.

"What the fuck are you doing Draven?" he gritted, but Draven's stance didn't falter. His relentless eyes were fixed at Benjamin and the cold muzzle almost poking into Benjamin forehead.

"Let her go." Draven hissed, flaring his nostrils.

Chase's lip curled into a smirk as he saw his brother fighting with him. This was all a plan, from the very first day.

Benjamin's shocked featured quickly turned humorous and a cynical laughter broke out of his throat. "A dog always stays a dog, isn't it? And that's what you are Draven. A pathetic dog to Morgan," he spatted and wounded his fingers around Sarah's throat tightly. Sarah winched out and started clawing on his hands, thrashing in his hold.

Chase and everyone's attention shifted to Benjamin but the moment they were going to attack him Benjamin turned Sarah's face toward him and pushed her into Draven arms.

Draven's reflexes worked faster than Chase could reach Sarah. The gun fell down from his hand and he quickly grabbed her shoulder to prevent her from falling. But before anyone could decipher what happened, Benjamin stabbed the knife into Sarah stomach.

She gasped out and everything stilled. The room turning dead silent as Benjamin smiled sardonically at Sarah, giving her his askew smile for the last time. Chase's feet stalled and so did Draven's movements. Everyone froze as the knife bored into Sarah's swelled belly.

"NOOOOOO!" Chase's voice boomed in the room as everyone's trance broke. Sarah's eyes widened as breathed in loudly, her face scrunching in pain as red rivulets of blood glided down her legs.

Her legs gave out and she collapsed unable to support herself anymore in Draven's arms. Chase rushed towards her and gathered her figure in his arms, thrusting Draven away from her.

"Sarah," he murmered, tapping Sarah's pale cheeks softly, his eyes wild and bloodshot. She looked so small and broken in his arms, bruised and traumatized.

Ares, Mark and Luca grabbed Benjamin and knocked him out by hitting his head.

Taking a broken shallow breath in, Sarah gasped as a wave of pain hit her and she curled in agony. Chase's face morphed in anguish when he saw his love being in pain.

" ... ase, you ca ... me," Sarah managed to whispered, gazing at Chase with dazed eyes and lips apart.

"Sarah, shh ... don't talk. Come on, you are going to be okay. We have to take you to hospital," Chase cooed softly kissing Sarah's forehead and gathering her up strongly in his arms. His throat tightened with emotions as he saw the woman he loved was lying almost lifeless in his arms.

His heart broke at the sight. He was ashamed becuase he couldn't protect her and was too late to save her.

"No, wa ... it." Sarah whimpered, her voice almost inaudible.

"We ca ... ," Before Chase could utter his words, Sarah raised her palm and Chase instantly grasped it, intertwining their fingers, kissing her knuckles.

"Love." He bit his lip to stop tears that were threatening to fall from his eyes, and gazed at Sarah lovingly. She managed to pry her hand out of Chase's hold and stroked his cheek with her bloody fingers,

Sarah's lip parted as she puffed another broken shallow breath and tightened her fingers around Chase's palm. She gritted her teeth as another wave of pain hit her again.

" ...e you."

Chase couldn't hear what she said so he bent his head near her mouth. But as soon as Sarah managed to murmur those words again, her hand fell on the ground limply and her eyes fell shut.

"I love you."

*****

Chase sat on the cold metal chair, his eyes fixed on the white barren walls of the hospital. Nurses, doctors and several other people were running here and there, some worried about their near and dear ones and others doing their duty.

"Chase." He heard the familiar tone and gritted his jaw, but didn't bother to look at the person. Andrew sat down beside Chase and decided to keep quite. He heard what happened but it took him time to digest the news.

Sarah's parting words echoed in his ears and Chase closed his eyes, and leaned his head on the wall behind him.

I love you.

"Mr. Morgan, if you could please fill up the form," a nurse requested bringing a form to Chase. Andrew quickly pushed himself up his feet and grabbed the piece of paper, filling it up with the needed details.

Chase couldn't take the risk of taking Sarah all the way back to his territory when she was lying almost dead in his arms. So he brought her to the nearest hospital available.

That was almost 7 hours ago when a frantic looking man entered the hospital with a heavily pregnant bleeding woman in his arms.

It was a complete different case how Ares, Draven, Luca and Mark had warned the doctors when they told they wouldn't do anything cause the case was looking like an attempted murder.

Chase had charged at them like an enraged lion, and threatened to kill each and every staff of that hosptial if they didn't start immediate operation.

He hadn't move even an inch, sitting in the same place in front of the operation chamber, waiting for a doctor or at least a nurse to come out so that he could ask about how his love was doing.

But deep inside, he was scared. Like a little boy, scared to get lost in an unfamiliar world.

"Mr. Morgan." As soon as he heard his name being called he quickly stood up and glared at the doctor, who stepped out of the operation theater.

"How is she?" Chase asked, his voice heavy and dangerous. His heart was hammering against his cage and sweat broke out on his palm.

"She is safe now Mr. Morgan. We managed to save her at the last moment, but ..."

As soon as Chase heard Sarah's life was out of danger his heart filled with warmth. But before he could heave a relaxed sigh, the doctor's wavering tone interrupted him.

"What?"

Licking his lips hesitantly, the doctor gave a sympathetic smile to him and dropped the final bomb.

"I am sorry to say, but we couldn't save the baby."

<<~~~~~~~~~~~~∆~~~~~~~~~~~~>>

Well, lovelies.

*peeking from behind a wall* 😶

I will give you some time to digest this whole thing. Till then take care ❤

Prepare your tissue boxes.

No gif or pics today 💔 I am too heartbroken for that. 😭💔

See you all on next Sunday.

PS : I am trying to upload this chapter since 23rd August but Wattpad is behaving weirdly. I don't know when it will get updated. 🤷‍♀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 3.5K 60
"Are you wet enough?" He questions with hooded eyes. I nod curtly. "Only the sound of your voice and my pussy jumps in excitement." "Good. Turn aroun...
1.6M 40.9K 76
"No!" I say softy, choking back tears that were threatening to pour out. "It just can't be!" I say with my hands by head, squeezing my eyes as if it...
872K 27.8K 82
This is a story of two broken souls who were brought together by one's lust and other's fear. Sophia She was young, innocent, loving and pretty with...
1M 29.9K 49
Book #1 of "His & Hers" book trilogy Warning: Mature (18+) Content! #6 in Mafia 2022 #1 in Italianamerican 2022 #4 in Slowburn 2022 #1 in Hook-ups 20...